Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
18 Nov 16 16:35
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Shocking card imo,first 2 races have huge odds on shots ,is this the way its going to be for the next couple of months I wonder. Foxrock if taking to these obstacles should pick these up no problem.
Pause Switch to Standard View ...Punchestown Tomorrow...
Show More
Report tony57 November 18, 2016 7:03 PM GMT
ascot 12.25 laser light @9/4
only worry i have is yard have gone off the boil atm but other than that 5yr old is a strong bet..the horse it beat won nto,and the yard rate this fella , ascot may not be as soft as everywere else that will be in his favour..
3.50 tales of the tweed @5/2
was a bf on debut for henderson @kelso the winner mount mews is rated highly in the north..and henderson has talked this 4yr old up saying he has come on abundle for a summer on his back
Report huddys November 18, 2016 7:47 PM GMT
Rigadin De Beauchene would have to be a cracking e/w bet tomorrow at around 5/1,runs in the 1:15 race at haydock,will love this heavy ground,best of luck with your punting tomorrow,
Report TellTheKing November 18, 2016 8:01 PM GMT
Shocking card? The spread on number of Grade 1 winners for the season running tomorrow is probably over / under 3! The beginners chase will be one of the most informative races run this side of christmas.
Report mincer11 November 18, 2016 8:29 PM GMT
Bad card = No free passes.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 18, 2016 8:29 PM GMT
Any Free Flexi Tickets or free family tickets for the two day fixture on the Pigsback website ?
Report wildmanfromborneo November 18, 2016 8:30 PM GMT
Lots of discussion on here 18 months back about the run of High Tail It in a Tipp maiden hurdle when he finished second.
He is now reemerging in a bumper in Punchestown.
He looks to have only The Comediologist to beat,this lad was odds on for a Naas bumper at the start of the year.
He was trained then by Emmet Mullins,they talked him up so much there was an export sign stamped on him.
He was well beaten but the chat worked and he was sold to Gigginstown,he's now with Noel Meade.

Despite the connections High Tail It is a pure wrong price at 6/1

Senewalk is another talking horse but this lad is not for sale and could be the real deal
Report huddys November 18, 2016 8:44 PM GMT
Just looking at oddchecker wildman,the 6/1 has been taken,as low as 7/2 with a few firms,
Report pa lapsy November 18, 2016 10:13 PM GMT
I forgave High Tail at the time,same silks(Rathpatrick) but could never forgive his Thurles run and think that was vindicted next time at Cheltenham. Books don't know how to price it up,it will have its going as phished there today. First time this season and G3 from handicap would still be worth a watch.
Good card for a Saturday at Punchestown but tough to me also for a bet,P Kellys pair worth a lazy eye as well.
Report workrider November 18, 2016 11:34 PM GMT
If they say go its the one,real eyecatcher @ Tipp.
Report dj876 November 19, 2016 1:13 AM GMT
Shocking card? Very interesting card imo

Shattered love looks overpriced at 7/4 -15/8 in what looks a match, the step up in trip will suit this **** mare and she'll have a fitness edge over let's dance ( last year's juvenile hurdlers has taken a couple of knocks already this season even if seasonal debut's can't always be taken at face value). Using rosshaven lady as a moderate marker, SL looks progressive and can' understand such a disparity in the prices.

Coney island at 7/4 in a beginners chase, if only you could lay that price,
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 19, 2016 1:15 AM GMT
PUNCHESTOWN Soft (All Courses) and muckin CHILLY OUT THERE !

12.00 3-Y-O Hdl (2m, 12 runners). Maiden winner here Zanjabeel (10) from Landofhopeandglory (2/5) & Tout Est Permis (12)

12.30 Mares Hdl (Listed) (4yo+, 2m 2f, only 5 runners – 6 ran last year) WPM 123 last year but only one choice this year so Lets Dance 8/15 - the forecast with Shattered Love (7/4) will do better.

1.00 Beginners S'chase (4yo+, 2m 4f, 14 runners). Happy to hang my top hat on Woodland Opera 11/4. "He had a wind operation after running at Leopardstown and it seems to have worked. He just couldn't breathe. He'll definitely go chasing next year. At the end of the day he's going to be a chaser so anything he does over hurdles is a bonus.” Mrs John Harrington. "He's out of Opera Hat who Valerie (Cooper) also raced and was trained by my brother John (Fowler, to win 15 races). Opera Hat produced nothing until Valerie's son Patrick bought her in England and gave her back to Valerie as a Christmas present and Woodland Opera is her last foal." JP’s Coney Island (5/2) will give us the 1-2. Would love to see Philip’s Mall Dini in third. Looks a big ask to live up to the last 3 winners - Outlander, Valseur Lido & Champagne Fever - but hang your gibus on Jessie’s top class act.

1.35 H'cap S'chase (0-140) (4yo+, 2m 6f, 13 runners). On The Shannon (16) won fto after a long break last season and with Barry Browne (up again on his first Irish winner) claiming seven – we’ll Keep The Faith Big Willy Wonka and bank on the Shannon to do the same again (BB also rides in 3.05 Sunday). “He can take a bit of a tow early on but he doesn't do anything too bad. He carries his head low and is a real chasing type. I like that in a horse.” – Trainer Oliver McKiernan. Davy’s ridden a few of these and might know his place to Call It Magic (6) while there’s a bigger h/cap in Oscar Knight.

2.10 Novice H'cap Hdl ( 80-123) (4yo+, 2m, 8 runners). Looks like Presenting Percy (6/5) and Davy with a third Orish winner this week and he ain’t finished yet.

2.45 Risk Of Thunder S'chase (5yo+, 3m, 13 runners). On soft we opt for Maher’s Ballyboker Bridge (7) over 3m and let those other Goonyella (s)(9/2) Ted & Enda fight out the placings.

3.20 M'dn Hdl (4yo, 2m 4f, 22 runners). Just hope Senewalk (4/9) can jump and doesn’t do a ‘Beau Mome’ on it this year. Let’s watch next year’s Chasers like Runfordave (12), Minella Till Dawn (7), Monastic (40) & Moulin A Vent (11/4) strut their stuff.

3.55 INH Flat Race (5-7yo, 2m, only 7 runners). Not many come back successfully to bumpers from a hurdle debut (like Dessie & Sandra or Gordon with Space Cadet, No More Heroes & All Hell Let Loose) but let Jessie High Tail It (5) if they do today - Mrs John Harrington, confirmed that HTI is a chaser in the making who will benefit from a step up in trip as he matures. On the come back to 2m after a forty two day suspension since April 2015....and all while Noel gets a ‘funny’ free debut run from WPM. When does Willie's winter wonders get going? – It’s getting chilly out there !!!
© CMiyc Devil
Report workrider November 19, 2016 9:10 AM GMT
Smashing and amusing write up Catch.Well done.
Report Ozymandius November 19, 2016 9:41 AM GMT
^ A meeting of two great minds.

Report tobywong. November 19, 2016 9:47 AM GMT
Laugh
Report workrider November 19, 2016 10:08 AM GMT
Have to say Ozy, a brilliant piece of detection ,how did you know it was Toby....Laugh
Report workrider November 19, 2016 10:27 AM GMT
The two lads must be in a hurry ,Ozy,to polish the lads boots and lay out the jerseys, poor Tubby called in on overtime,the bins need emptying in Bray....Laugh
Report tobywong. November 19, 2016 11:14 AM GMT
Get thee to an orthodontist buggsy Wink
Report norn iron November 19, 2016 1:59 PM GMT
NOT OFTEN IM AGAINEST   WR   BUT THINK THIS IS CRACKING CARD  THAT BEGINNERS CHASE FULL OF WINNERS   WHAT RIDE FROM RUBY   AND MAL DHINI COMEON TON

ART OF PAYROLL I BACKED EW WAS UNLUCKY  BUT LOTS CRACKING EYE CATCHERS AND SUPER PERFORMANCES FROM QUITE FEW  ALREADY 

PETER MAHLER TO WIN  CC   BUT WHICH ONE ENISKILLEN EW
Report norn iron November 19, 2016 3:10 PM GMT
YOUCANNOTBESERIOUS   320   THINK IF handbrake OF   DECENT EWAY CHANCE

RAN EYECATCHER LTO IN 4TH IN HOT HURDLE THAT LOADS WINNERS CAME OUT OF
Report norn iron November 19, 2016 3:10 PM GMT
YOUCANNOTBESERIOUS   320   THINK IF handbrake OF   DECENT EWAY CHANCE

RAN EYECATCHER LTO IN 4TH IN HOT HURDLE THAT LOADS WINNERS CAME OUT OF
Report CheltenhamRoar November 19, 2016 5:13 PM GMT
Beginners chase really did look to have some depth in it,
Haymount very impressive, I remember discussion between himself and Mall Dini last season on this forum.

Coney Island will win have his turn but won't be seen at his best until he's stepped up in trip,
Mall Dini above average too but think he was given a sighter today,

Stone hard and woodland opera will win plenty too.

That thing of Gigginstown in the bumper will be doing well to win a race, they were well and truly sold a pup there.
Report workrider November 19, 2016 5:45 PM GMT
Backed it myself Chelt, looked the part in the paddock ,big rangy sort ,nothing under the bonnet though , Foxrock was warm in the paddock and just might be thinking about the game ,cold day and it had no right to be warm,ended up backing Goonyella , Foxrock will be one to keep away from till maybe the spring.
Report workrider November 19, 2016 5:47 PM GMT
BTW Davy Hyland was involved in a car crash just down the road from the course ,I hear he was released from Naas hospital before racing had finished.
Report CheltenhamRoar November 19, 2016 6:10 PM GMT
Couldn't trust foxrock giving connections, wouldn't be surprised if he's been set up for a big pot over Christmas,
Backed the job is right myself, have to stop backing him now!

Jers girl of interest tomorrow, improving with every race and as tough as old boots,
Think tomorrow could be her day getting weight all round, couldn't back NC on the back of a few uninspiring runs including in the US last time,
Been by authorised there's a chance he's regressing and falling out of love with the game.
Report monarch November 19, 2016 6:17 PM GMT

Nov 19, 2016 -- 11:47AM, workrider wrote:

BTW Davy Hyland was involved in a car crash just down the road from the course ,I hear he was released from Naas hospital before racing had finished.

Good to hear he's been released. Great time for davy. At least he didnt get to stand today or he'd have done in a right few quid !!

Report workrider November 19, 2016 6:25 PM GMT
Not a huge amount of cash floating today Monarch , better expected tomorrow .
Chelt, was there the last day Disko won , he was going away from them after the last and won head in chest .ATP will give him a run for it tomorrow,he can only improve from the last day at D.R.I think Canyon will beat Jers .
Report mincer11 November 19, 2016 6:48 PM GMT
Disko is a big dirty yoke who isnt worth a sausage when it will be upped in class.
Will be hammered tomorrow.
Report Rocketfingers November 19, 2016 6:54 PM GMT
huddys 18 Nov 16 19:47 Joined: 19 Aug 08 | Topic/replies: 2,608 | Blogger: huddys's blog
Rigadin De Beauchene would have to be a cracking e/w bet tomorrow at around 5/1,runs in the 1:15 race at haydock,will love this heavy ground,best of luck with your punting tomorrow,
Rate reply:
| report block user

Huddys how did this do for you pal?
Report huddys November 19, 2016 8:47 PM GMT
4th ran a gallant brave race,that's the difference between the two of us,i will put up selections,were you are just a troll who comes on the forum and contributes nothing,anyway enjoy your weekend big lad,
Report Colonel Sanders November 19, 2016 9:07 PM GMT
Anyone get the 50s Sunni May tomorrow Cry

Of all the ricks this must be one of the worst

I didn't get it btw
Report mincer11 November 19, 2016 9:15 PM GMT
It may as well be 500/1, for two reasons. Firstly it more than likely wont win and secondly they wont get paid.
Report workrider November 19, 2016 10:27 PM GMT
Huddys you are worse to even reply to the child , even Ozy has walked away from the goon.
Report tony57 November 19, 2016 10:33 PM GMT
huddys ignore it mate...
Report by purpose November 19, 2016 10:51 PM GMT
Someone backing After Rain with themselves tomorrow.His alter ego can always clap himself on the back for laying it at a bad price.The games people play..
Report Eddie Batt November 19, 2016 11:08 PM GMT
I thought the race with Identity Thief at Christmas knocked the stuffing out of Nicholls Canyon -was kept busy enough after that with a trip to America to end the year.I wouldn't be surprised if the World Hurdle is this seasons target.To me he is a 5 star lay at 4/6 -I think he will touch odds against pre race tomorrow.I would make him 6/4 joint fav with Jers Girl.
Report workrider November 19, 2016 11:15 PM GMT
Doubt he'll go better than 10/11 evens Eddie.
Report Eddie Batt November 20, 2016 12:18 AM GMT
I'd lay him for the kids Christmas presents at 4/6.
Report Bigwillystyle November 20, 2016 1:01 AM GMT
Pity your kids so Eddie. If he is any way right at all he would pick Jers Girl up and carry her! Not a given of course the way Willie's are running.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 20, 2016 7:41 AM GMT
I'd be wary of Jers Girl she had ringworm only last week.

The horse Samcro beat in Monksgrange won again yesterday,looks a good thing in the bumper.
Report CheltenhamRoar November 20, 2016 8:40 AM GMT
I just wouldn't trust NC, and as I mentioned, been by authorized is more of a reason.

This peace news for HDB (Cork)should skate in if reputations are anything to go by.
Some interesting races to look ahead to today.
Report Bigwillystyle November 20, 2016 9:52 AM GMT
Amazed no inspection called for Punchestown. Very hard frost.
Report workrider November 20, 2016 10:28 AM GMT
Not as bad as it looks Willie,sun bursting from sky now...
Report kavvie November 20, 2016 10:32 AM GMT
| Topic/replies: 2,674 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
I love the flat myself, theres nothing that can beat a winner coming back into the winners enclosure to an almost deafening silence, whilst greeted by some Arab with a vacant look on his face, who is surrounded by about 5 parasites, namely the trainer and possibly his assistant or maybe even partner, and his racing manager, a couple of bloodstock agents trying to pretend they had made  some contribution  to the success. then to cap it off, along comes the winning horse wearing about the 4th cap, who happens to be carrying some dirty little low life rodent who should be in jail.

mincer is in good form over on the main forum re flat v national hunt!!
Report kavvie November 20, 2016 10:33 AM GMT
he really loves jockeys most of all!!
Report Ozymandius November 20, 2016 10:43 AM GMT
classic from mincer Laugh
Report kavvie November 20, 2016 10:44 AM GMT
agree ozy hes class!!  long may he stay here..
Report workrider November 20, 2016 10:50 AM GMT
The guy needs help lads, and ye egging him on don't help...
Report neill d November 20, 2016 11:44 AM GMT
Forum needs to add a like function for comments!
Report pa lapsy November 20, 2016 12:16 PM GMT
^ Like

Thought High Tail it should have won yesterday if it was ridden anyway positively at all.

Lilywhite Gesture is a very moderate horse,still getting a stone from her two main rivals who are on the back of a bit disappointing last runs and an upping in trip should surely give her a great chance i think.
Report pa lapsy November 20, 2016 12:21 PM GMT
Meant trip should suit her more than rivals^
Report one last chance November 20, 2016 1:31 PM GMT
Oops mincer lol
Report one last chance November 20, 2016 1:46 PM GMT
Think il have a nibble on disko now ur not with him mincer
Report Eddie Batt November 20, 2016 1:54 PM GMT
1.72 NC at the moment-expect that to move significantly before the off.
Report by purpose November 20, 2016 1:57 PM GMT
Cooper wouldn,t pick his nose..As Mincer pointed out Disko is a big heap of sh1te.
Report one last chance November 20, 2016 2:07 PM GMT
He also said Sunni may was a load off **** and Wundnt win at 500/1 lol
Report dj876 November 20, 2016 2:10 PM GMT
He said it may as well be 500/1 because it was a palp so you wouldn't get paid regardless of the price taken ie 50/1 or 500/1.

Spot on about his lay of Disko as was CR at Mallow
Report Eddie Batt November 20, 2016 2:11 PM GMT
Grade 1 hurdle and only €200K matched 10 minutes before the off.
Report one last chance November 20, 2016 2:12 PM GMT
Only messing a toi Phil looked very good and was gona come on from D/royal Wundnt just lose faith with disko just yet  and Sunni may was lucky willies fell
Report by purpose November 20, 2016 2:17 PM GMT
If there was a row in a disco the same Disko would be the first one running out the door with a big load in his trousers.
Report Eddie Batt November 20, 2016 2:28 PM GMT
Time to take the dog for a walk.
Report mitch leary November 20, 2016 2:36 PM GMT
Or get help
Report kavvie November 20, 2016 2:43 PM GMT
fair play to you eddie you put up your opinion  .unlike a lot of others here
Report workrider November 20, 2016 4:23 PM GMT
Terrible there today, very unlucky ,a 1/4 mile down the road bright and sunny ,looks as if the racing Gods decided to plant fog over the course for the day . A very good crowd , hard to make anything of what went on as impossible to see, I thought they might even call it off at one stage, it got so bad .
Report by purpose November 20, 2016 4:27 PM GMT
You never would have known that.
Report workrider November 20, 2016 4:34 PM GMT
Glad to be of help, wasn't sure your telly was working , you actually have to leave the house to now and again mate,it'll do you the world of good,honest!
Report by purpose November 20, 2016 4:38 PM GMT
Yeh and you cant wait to get home and start spewing your usual rubbish.Sit down and have a cup of tea and get the heat back into yourself you aul fool ye.
Report workrider November 20, 2016 4:46 PM GMT
Boy, you need to chill out yourself mate ,you sound like a pretty nasty little piece of work ,make yourself a nice cup of horlicks there's a good man and mind your blood pressure , a man of your age shouldn't be letting  little things like that upset you, you'll do yourself a mischief .
Report wildmanfromborneo November 20, 2016 6:29 PM GMT
What really gets them Workrider is when you return from your day racing there is someone there making you the cup of tea.

Apart from By Purpose this has been an excellent thread albeit not very profitable.
Report Ozymandius November 20, 2016 6:33 PM GMT
wonks has staff?
Report wildmanfromborneo November 20, 2016 6:48 PM GMT
No something far better.

Something neither you nor Rocketfingers have ever had.

Something By Purpose has never had.
Report Ozymandius November 20, 2016 6:50 PM GMT
Is it a George Clooney coffee machine?
Report wildmanfromborneo November 20, 2016 7:00 PM GMT
No but your none is better than clooneys one.
Report Ozymandius November 20, 2016 7:00 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Ozymandius November 20, 2016 7:06 PM GMT
My kind of woman....the liberal elite do not require or value domestic servitude in their Partner.....that's where the cheap immigrant labour comes in.
Report Ozymandius November 20, 2016 7:08 PM GMT
Have you had to learn to cook for yourself Borneo or how do you manage?
Report wildmanfromborneo November 20, 2016 7:14 PM GMT
Meals on Wheels
Report Ozymandius November 20, 2016 7:22 PM GMT
It's a brilliant service tbf.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 20, 2016 7:29 PM GMT
Served by a Polish lady,we say grace together before I unleash my two minutes of unbridled savagery.
Report workrider November 20, 2016 9:16 PM GMT
Laugh Laugh Laugh.
Report workrider November 20, 2016 9:17 PM GMT
Going to pm you Wildmanfromborneo .
Report neill d November 20, 2016 9:51 PM GMT

Nov 20, 2016 -- 12:50PM, Ozymandius wrote:

Is it a George Clooney coffee machine?

love it!

The abiding memory of the weekend for me was how comically bad The Comediologist was on Saturday, don't know when they bought him exactly from Patrick, but I wonder given the usual farsightedness of the Mullins family, was this a 'fcuk you' on the way out the door?

The late betting suggested someone knew it was useless, anyway.

I wonder might Riviera Sun find it a little easier jumping out of better ground somewhere, I'd have said Leopardstown but the fences there are really tough.

Samcro looked something special, could sustain the point guys for another while with what they go on with. Thankfully nobody yet has been caught for the third from that point.

I'm not sure his two races have done much for Identity Thief, he seems to me like a horse who when it is put to him by a good one, will fold.

In the first, I'm wondering whether they are working toward something at Christmas with Aspen Colorado, or whether he is just sh!t.

Last years juveniles look brutal, Ivanocvich Gorbatov will barely be in the top half of the weights for the County the way things are going. I could see Sempre Medici going well off 150 in one of the big ones in England on better ground.

Disko ran like the exchange betting suggested, A Toi Phil has really taken off but would doubt he has the resolve of a Drinmore winner.

Great to see First To Boogie win for all it was probably one of those races we get in Ireland from time to time.

I have this nagging feeling we might not see Annie Power at her best again, we've had these stories before about her, but she really takes so much out of herself every time she runs. I wonder is she wising up.

Report neill d November 20, 2016 9:55 PM GMT
Was really disappointed in Disko, actually. He is as others have said, probably a big soft giraffe; even so, he should have ran a bit better than that and its another big horse from the Meade yard that hasn't delivered.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 20, 2016 10:03 PM GMT
First To Boogie did look a bit hookey to me.
A horse not hidden with straight forward form trained by a girl yet to train a winner,tragedy in girls family,horse backed like they knew the result 4/1 to 6/4.

What was known years ago as a jockeys race.
Report neill d November 20, 2016 10:07 PM GMT
Bang right Wildman, I think we have skilled enough jump jockeys here to not make it look too obvious. Thought the same the night of the Byrnes horses in Roscommon and maybe Andy Mc's last winner, think a JP one followed him in!

I don't mind it to be honest, especially in this instance, part of the colour of the game.

The trainer seemed like a really nice girl. Freddie was really on the up, huge pity, had outgrown the frankly woeful Northern flat scene. was better than most flat jocks in the UK.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 20, 2016 11:14 PM GMT
http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/punchestown/15:25/winner/bet-history/first-to-boogie/today

3's - 5/2 fav (Ring price: 3/1 11/4 5/2 9/4 2/1 15/8 7/4 13/8 6/4) SP 6/4fav

Right man on board and best pf luck to Madeleine Tylicki....
First To Boogie landed a gamble when staying on stoutly to take the two mile six handicap hurdle in Punchestown.
The eight-year-old gelding is trained by Madeleine Tylicki, sister of Freddy Tylicki who suffered life-changing injuries in a recent fall at Kempton. This was her first success in the training ranks.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 20, 2016 11:17 PM GMT
First To Boogie opened at 3/1 and was heavily backed down to 6/4 favourite, with Davy Russell in the plate for the first time. The pair were always prominent in fourth behind the leader El Vasco and Ruby Walsh. The fog had worsened to further reduce visibility but when the field came back into view, after jumping the last,First To Boogie had grabbed the lead and thundered home to provide a popular win. The winning margin was two and a quarter lengths from Lasoscar (14/1). Tellthemnuttin (10/1) and Clontarf (12/1) completed the placings in this 17-runner contest.

“It's my first winner and a very special one obviously. It will put a smile on the family’s face again so I’m absolutely delighted,” Madeleine Tylicki said. “He’s a lovely horse. We’ll take him home, freshen him up again and make a plan then. All going well he’ll have a bright future. “Today was the plan and it worked out. Luck was on our side and it was great for Freddy. He rang me straight away after the race and he was absolutely delighted. It's a very special day right now.
"I got the licence in June. We have a nice team of horses, young horses at home ready for next year so plenty to look forward to. I'm based 15 minutes from here.

"I'm very grateful for the support and the messages, it is very uplifting for Freddy. He's very thankful. It's only three weeks tomorrow (since Freddy's fall). It's a tough time. He's a very determined, tough, young man and he has shown that in his career as a jockey. I'm absolutely confident that he will fight through this."
By Michael Graham and additional reporting by Gary Carson (IR).
Report Bigwillystyle November 20, 2016 11:43 PM GMT
Aspen Colorado needs 2 and 1/2 plus. Will be given a couple more easy spins.

As for the Comdeologist he was bought after his debut but at a much reduced price. They still paid far to much for it and knew they had bought a dud.
Report cloone river November 21, 2016 12:08 AM GMT
What did you think of Haymount yesterday bigwilly?Mall didi was giveing a nice education yesterday.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 21, 2016 12:17 AM GMT
WD CheltenhamRoar  • November 20, 2016 8:40 AM GMT 
...This PEACE NEWS for HDB (in Cork) should skate in if reputations are anything to go by...

Peace News showed plenty of promise on debut when winning the two mile maiden hurdle at Cork for Henry de Bromhead and Dylan Robinson. Timi Roli made progress from fourth to just shade Peace News at the third last and that order was maintained at the penultimate flight. However, Robinson had plenty of horse under him and he sent the 7/4 favourite for home approaching the last. Timi Roli couldn't go with him but Chirico Vallis (5/2) started to get into full stride on the run-in and stayed on to close to within two and a half lengths of the winner.
Timi Roli (5/2) kept on for third, beaten seven lengths....(wonder does Willie consider this lad as good as his 4 previous winners of this race? - or is the yard not firing yet?).

Henry de Bromhead, in Punchestown, said: "He’s a nice horse. I haven’t seen the race yet. He only came to us a month or six weeks ago and he came with a big reputation. Thankfully he’s someway fulfilled it today. “He did it nicely. He hadn’t blown us away at home but we haven’t had him that long and we’re probably not hard enough on them at home anyway to be blown away. “I’m delighted he’s won and he’s a nice horse. It looked a good maiden hurdle. “Dylan’s quite cool. He keeps me on the edge of my seat now and again. I’ll be interested to take a look at it. Thankfully I’ll know the result when I’m looking at it.”
Dylan Robinson added: “He travelled very nicely and felt like a very good horse. He had loads left in the tank and has plenty of gears.”
The German-bred winner won on the flat at Clairefontaine in France in August last year.
Peace News holds an entry in the Grade One Royal Bond at Fairyhouse in a fortnight.
Report CheltenhamRoar November 21, 2016 10:44 AM GMT
That fog a jockeys dream when the handbrake is on.
Hard to know what they'll do with IG now, although giving connections will no doubt run like a mule until Cheltenham then be back to form for the county.
Report by purpose November 21, 2016 1:14 PM GMT
Was a jock who no longer rides couldn,t manage it a few years ago in Fairyhouse in the fog,
Report Dan Chipowski November 21, 2016 9:07 PM GMT
Winning trainer Charles Byrnes was on hand to briefly comment "Solwhit will go up in the weights following that and I've no plans from here." Laugh
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 22, 2016 1:22 AM GMT
PWF ?
Report one last chance February 12, 2017 3:42 PM GMT
mincer11
mincer11 19 Nov 16 18:48 Joined: 22 Feb 06 | Topic/replies: 2,940 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
Disko is a big dirty yoke who isnt worth a sausage when it will be upped in class.
Will be hammered tomorrow.

Few interesting comments on this thread [:shocked:ConfusedWhoops[:cool:Laugh
Report dj876 February 14, 2017 9:10 PM GMT
I thought the race fell in his lap and is not a horse I would trust.

Not that Mincer11 would give a continental but hate to see old threads being brought up like this.

It's like notebooking of horses ( complete cod), eventually one will be right or wrong.

I'd be delighted to see Mincer11 posting more as is clearly knowledgeable and although this is irrelevant, it just lacks class in my view
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com