Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
18 Nov 16 16:35
| Topic/replies: 31,736 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Shocking card imo,first 2 races have huge odds on shots ,is this the way its going to be for the next couple of months I wonder. Foxrock if taking to these obstacles should pick these up no problem.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 95
By:
tony57
When: 18 Nov 16 19:03
ascot 12.25 laser light @9/4
only worry i have is yard have gone off the boil atm but other than that 5yr old is a strong bet..the horse it beat won nto,and the yard rate this fella , ascot may not be as soft as everywere else that will be in his favour..
3.50 tales of the tweed @5/2
was a bf on debut for henderson @kelso the winner mount mews is rated highly in the north..and henderson has talked this 4yr old up saying he has come on abundle for a summer on his back
By:
huddys
When: 18 Nov 16 19:47
Rigadin De Beauchene would have to be a cracking e/w bet tomorrow at around 5/1,runs in the 1:15 race at haydock,will love this heavy ground,best of luck with your punting tomorrow,
By:
TellTheKing
When: 18 Nov 16 20:01
Shocking card? The spread on number of Grade 1 winners for the season running tomorrow is probably over / under 3! The beginners chase will be one of the most informative races run this side of christmas.
By:
mincer11
When: 18 Nov 16 20:29
Bad card = No free passes.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 18 Nov 16 20:29
Any Free Flexi Tickets or free family tickets for the two day fixture on the Pigsback website ?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 18 Nov 16 20:30
Lots of discussion on here 18 months back about the run of High Tail It in a Tipp maiden hurdle when he finished second.
He is now reemerging in a bumper in Punchestown.
He looks to have only The Comediologist to beat,this lad was odds on for a Naas bumper at the start of the year.
He was trained then by Emmet Mullins,they talked him up so much there was an export sign stamped on him.
He was well beaten but the chat worked and he was sold to Gigginstown,he's now with Noel Meade.

Despite the connections High Tail It is a pure wrong price at 6/1

Senewalk is another talking horse but this lad is not for sale and could be the real deal
By:
huddys
When: 18 Nov 16 20:44
Just looking at oddchecker wildman,the 6/1 has been taken,as low as 7/2 with a few firms,
By:
pa lapsy
When: 18 Nov 16 22:13
I forgave High Tail at the time,same silks(Rathpatrick) but could never forgive his Thurles run and think that was vindicted next time at Cheltenham. Books don't know how to price it up,it will have its going as phished there today. First time this season and G3 from handicap would still be worth a watch.
Good card for a Saturday at Punchestown but tough to me also for a bet,P Kellys pair worth a lazy eye as well.
By:
workrider
When: 18 Nov 16 23:34
If they say go its the one,real eyecatcher @ Tipp.
By:
dj876
When: 19 Nov 16 01:13
Shocking card? Very interesting card imo

Shattered love looks overpriced at 7/4 -15/8 in what looks a match, the step up in trip will suit this **** mare and she'll have a fitness edge over let's dance ( last year's juvenile hurdlers has taken a couple of knocks already this season even if seasonal debut's can't always be taken at face value). Using rosshaven lady as a moderate marker, SL looks progressive and can' understand such a disparity in the prices.

Coney island at 7/4 in a beginners chase, if only you could lay that price,
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 19 Nov 16 01:15
PUNCHESTOWN Soft (All Courses) and muckin CHILLY OUT THERE !

12.00 3-Y-O Hdl (2m, 12 runners). Maiden winner here Zanjabeel (10) from Landofhopeandglory (2/5) & Tout Est Permis (12)

12.30 Mares Hdl (Listed) (4yo+, 2m 2f, only 5 runners – 6 ran last year) WPM 123 last year but only one choice this year so Lets Dance 8/15 - the forecast with Shattered Love (7/4) will do better.

1.00 Beginners S'chase (4yo+, 2m 4f, 14 runners). Happy to hang my top hat on Woodland Opera 11/4. "He had a wind operation after running at Leopardstown and it seems to have worked. He just couldn't breathe. He'll definitely go chasing next year. At the end of the day he's going to be a chaser so anything he does over hurdles is a bonus.” Mrs John Harrington. "He's out of Opera Hat who Valerie (Cooper) also raced and was trained by my brother John (Fowler, to win 15 races). Opera Hat produced nothing until Valerie's son Patrick bought her in England and gave her back to Valerie as a Christmas present and Woodland Opera is her last foal." JP’s Coney Island (5/2) will give us the 1-2. Would love to see Philip’s Mall Dini in third. Looks a big ask to live up to the last 3 winners - Outlander, Valseur Lido & Champagne Fever - but hang your gibus on Jessie’s top class act.

1.35 H'cap S'chase (0-140) (4yo+, 2m 6f, 13 runners). On The Shannon (16) won fto after a long break last season and with Barry Browne (up again on his first Irish winner) claiming seven – we’ll Keep The Faith Big Willy Wonka and bank on the Shannon to do the same again (BB also rides in 3.05 Sunday). “He can take a bit of a tow early on but he doesn't do anything too bad. He carries his head low and is a real chasing type. I like that in a horse.” – Trainer Oliver McKiernan. Davy’s ridden a few of these and might know his place to Call It Magic (6) while there’s a bigger h/cap in Oscar Knight.

2.10 Novice H'cap Hdl ( 80-123) (4yo+, 2m, 8 runners). Looks like Presenting Percy (6/5) and Davy with a third Orish winner this week and he ain’t finished yet.

2.45 Risk Of Thunder S'chase (5yo+, 3m, 13 runners). On soft we opt for Maher’s Ballyboker Bridge (7) over 3m and let those other Goonyella (s)(9/2) Ted & Enda fight out the placings.

3.20 M'dn Hdl (4yo, 2m 4f, 22 runners). Just hope Senewalk (4/9) can jump and doesn’t do a ‘Beau Mome’ on it this year. Let’s watch next year’s Chasers like Runfordave (12), Minella Till Dawn (7), Monastic (40) & Moulin A Vent (11/4) strut their stuff.

3.55 INH Flat Race (5-7yo, 2m, only 7 runners). Not many come back successfully to bumpers from a hurdle debut (like Dessie & Sandra or Gordon with Space Cadet, No More Heroes & All Hell Let Loose) but let Jessie High Tail It (5) if they do today - Mrs John Harrington, confirmed that HTI is a chaser in the making who will benefit from a step up in trip as he matures. On the come back to 2m after a forty two day suspension since April 2015....and all while Noel gets a ‘funny’ free debut run from WPM. When does Willie's winter wonders get going? – It’s getting chilly out there !!!
© CMiyc Devil
By:
workrider
When: 19 Nov 16 09:10
Smashing and amusing write up Catch.Well done.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 19 Nov 16 09:41
^ A meeting of two great minds.

By:
tobywong.
When: 19 Nov 16 09:47
Laugh
By:
workrider
When: 19 Nov 16 10:08
Have to say Ozy, a brilliant piece of detection ,how did you know it was Toby....Laugh
By:
workrider
When: 19 Nov 16 10:27
The two lads must be in a hurry ,Ozy,to polish the lads boots and lay out the jerseys, poor Tubby called in on overtime,the bins need emptying in Bray....Laugh
By:
tobywong.
When: 19 Nov 16 11:14
Get thee to an orthodontist buggsy Wink
By:
norn iron
When: 19 Nov 16 13:59
NOT OFTEN IM AGAINEST   WR   BUT THINK THIS IS CRACKING CARD  THAT BEGINNERS CHASE FULL OF WINNERS   WHAT RIDE FROM RUBY   AND MAL DHINI COMEON TON

ART OF PAYROLL I BACKED EW WAS UNLUCKY  BUT LOTS CRACKING EYE CATCHERS AND SUPER PERFORMANCES FROM QUITE FEW  ALREADY 

PETER MAHLER TO WIN  CC   BUT WHICH ONE ENISKILLEN EW
By:
norn iron
When: 19 Nov 16 15:10
YOUCANNOTBESERIOUS   320   THINK IF handbrake OF   DECENT EWAY CHANCE

RAN EYECATCHER LTO IN 4TH IN HOT HURDLE THAT LOADS WINNERS CAME OUT OF
By:
norn iron
When: 19 Nov 16 15:10
YOUCANNOTBESERIOUS   320   THINK IF handbrake OF   DECENT EWAY CHANCE

RAN EYECATCHER LTO IN 4TH IN HOT HURDLE THAT LOADS WINNERS CAME OUT OF
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 19 Nov 16 17:13
Beginners chase really did look to have some depth in it,
Haymount very impressive, I remember discussion between himself and Mall Dini last season on this forum.

Coney Island will win have his turn but won't be seen at his best until he's stepped up in trip,
Mall Dini above average too but think he was given a sighter today,

Stone hard and woodland opera will win plenty too.

That thing of Gigginstown in the bumper will be doing well to win a race, they were well and truly sold a pup there.
By:
workrider
When: 19 Nov 16 17:45
Backed it myself Chelt, looked the part in the paddock ,big rangy sort ,nothing under the bonnet though , Foxrock was warm in the paddock and just might be thinking about the game ,cold day and it had no right to be warm,ended up backing Goonyella , Foxrock will be one to keep away from till maybe the spring.
By:
workrider
When: 19 Nov 16 17:47
BTW Davy Hyland was involved in a car crash just down the road from the course ,I hear he was released from Naas hospital before racing had finished.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 19 Nov 16 18:10
Couldn't trust foxrock giving connections, wouldn't be surprised if he's been set up for a big pot over Christmas,
Backed the job is right myself, have to stop backing him now!

Jers girl of interest tomorrow, improving with every race and as tough as old boots,
Think tomorrow could be her day getting weight all round, couldn't back NC on the back of a few uninspiring runs including in the US last time,
Been by authorised there's a chance he's regressing and falling out of love with the game.
By:
monarch
When: 19 Nov 16 18:17

Nov 19, 2016 -- 5:47PM, workrider wrote:

BTW Davy Hyland was involved in a car crash just down the road from the course ,I hear he was released from Naas hospital before racing had finished.

Good to hear he's been released. Great time for davy. At least he didnt get to stand today or he'd have done in a right few quid !!

By:
workrider
When: 19 Nov 16 18:25
Not a huge amount of cash floating today Monarch , better expected tomorrow .
Chelt, was there the last day Disko won , he was going away from them after the last and won head in chest .ATP will give him a run for it tomorrow,he can only improve from the last day at D.R.I think Canyon will beat Jers .
By:
mincer11
When: 19 Nov 16 18:48
Disko is a big dirty yoke who isnt worth a sausage when it will be upped in class.
Will be hammered tomorrow.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 19 Nov 16 18:54
huddys 18 Nov 16 19:47 Joined: 19 Aug 08 | Topic/replies: 2,608 | Blogger: huddys's blog
Rigadin De Beauchene would have to be a cracking e/w bet tomorrow at around 5/1,runs in the 1:15 race at haydock,will love this heavy ground,best of luck with your punting tomorrow,
Rate reply:
| report block user

Huddys how did this do for you pal?
By:
huddys
When: 19 Nov 16 20:47
4th ran a gallant brave race,that's the difference between the two of us,i will put up selections,were you are just a troll who comes on the forum and contributes nothing,anyway enjoy your weekend big lad,
By:
Colonel Sanders
When: 19 Nov 16 21:07
Anyone get the 50s Sunni May tomorrow Cry

Of all the ricks this must be one of the worst

I didn't get it btw
By:
mincer11
When: 19 Nov 16 21:15
It may as well be 500/1, for two reasons. Firstly it more than likely wont win and secondly they wont get paid.
By:
workrider
When: 19 Nov 16 22:27
Huddys you are worse to even reply to the child , even Ozy has walked away from the goon.
By:
tony57
When: 19 Nov 16 22:33
huddys ignore it mate...
By:
by purpose
When: 19 Nov 16 22:51
Someone backing After Rain with themselves tomorrow.His alter ego can always clap himself on the back for laying it at a bad price.The games people play..
By:
Eddie Batt
When: 19 Nov 16 23:08
I thought the race with Identity Thief at Christmas knocked the stuffing out of Nicholls Canyon -was kept busy enough after that with a trip to America to end the year.I wouldn't be surprised if the World Hurdle is this seasons target.To me he is a 5 star lay at 4/6 -I think he will touch odds against pre race tomorrow.I would make him 6/4 joint fav with Jers Girl.
By:
workrider
When: 19 Nov 16 23:15
Doubt he'll go better than 10/11 evens Eddie.
By:
Eddie Batt
When: 20 Nov 16 00:18
I'd lay him for the kids Christmas presents at 4/6.
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 20 Nov 16 01:01
Pity your kids so Eddie. If he is any way right at all he would pick Jers Girl up and carry her! Not a given of course the way Willie's are running.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 20 Nov 16 07:41
I'd be wary of Jers Girl she had ringworm only last week.

The horse Samcro beat in Monksgrange won again yesterday,looks a good thing in the bumper.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com