Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
John.W.Henry.
28 Sep 16 10:35
| Topic/replies: 3,549 | Blogger: John.W.Henry.'s blog
Shocked
Pause Switch to Standard View Mulins to lose all the Giggy horses
Show More
Report pa lapsy September 28, 2016 11:00 AM BST
It must have been some whack up in fees!
If the split is solely on that you can see both sides though reportly it is Mullins 1st time raising them in 10 years.
Not a bad thing for Irish racing,it was heading for a total Mullins monopoly,nice to see a few others get decent ones though Elliott will (rightly) come out best, a renaissance for Mouse?
Report cloone river September 28, 2016 11:23 AM BST
H De Bromhead.
Report workrider September 28, 2016 11:25 AM BST
looks as if Morris will benefit alright Pa...Gigginstown have always had their own arrangment moneywise with trainers .Great that more horses will be distributed among the more needy imo.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 28, 2016 11:31 AM BST
Apple Jade vs Faughmachine, Vet sauce & Legal fees do add up.
Report RoyalAcademy September 28, 2016 12:43 PM BST
This is obviously good news for many reasons, not least of which will be more competitive racing.

This is probably petulance writ large on both sides and it smacks of "know your place Willie" so fond of a vast majority of wealthy owners. The golden boy in Ballydoyle even gets his wings clipped occasionally and the mass-going greatcoats are less in evidence this season now that the "problem" with eldest son has been solved.

The question now is: who gets what?

I'll be amazed if its not now a concerted effort to dislodge Wullie as numero uno using Elliott and possibly Joey. Notions that Eddie will favour giving alms to the masses are fanciful regardless of merit. The timing of Colm Murphy's departure now looks even more strange now as this has almost certainly been simmering for a while and given that he reportedly only recently took charge of that Potts draft-another benefactor who likes to keep the handler in his place.
Report frank60 September 28, 2016 12:59 PM BST
Pa and W/R Posts  Pretty Much Says It All,...  I spent the last few days in the town where the  Titanic had its last port of call, i was talking to a local who was not best pleased that Cobh Ramblers got no money when Roy Keane  went to Forest, i thought they got a deal myself, maybe someone out in football land knows the facts.
Report frank60 September 28, 2016 1:21 PM BST
PS Sry about going of the subject matter but i didnt want to start a new thread .
Report mitch leary September 28, 2016 1:35 PM BST
Mullins evens for Irish champion with powers. Surely a steal.
Report Arklearkle September 28, 2016 2:03 PM BST
Evens a total steal.
Report frank60 September 28, 2016 2:30 PM BST
Gordon Elliot 8/11.. Powers might know where gIGGYS horses are going/
Report firstimevisor September 28, 2016 2:45 PM BST
I know Apples Jade and Don Poli gone to Elliott. The row was genuinely about the training fees- nothing else
Report neill d September 28, 2016 3:06 PM BST
Royal Academy has it down, "they'll want to knock him off his fckin perch."

Fair play, the son of a mechanic I think I've read. If you take his rate of improvement from where he started and it continues, which was nowhere, and his age; Elliot might end up the foremost Irish trainer of his era; he could supplant Mullins. Might be the next guy in at Coolmore even! He has the platform now.
Report GANT007 September 28, 2016 7:46 PM BST
Neilld......As long as he dances to Gigginstown's tune.
Report monarch September 28, 2016 8:17 PM BST
Any ideas yet who's getting what?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 28, 2016 11:42 PM BST
Gordon Elliott will receive around 20 of the 60 Gigginstown horses leaving Closutton. Including Apples Jade, Blow By Blow & Don Poli.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 28, 2016 11:43 PM BST
Valseur Lido will join Henry and Mouse to get eight.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 28, 2016 11:47 PM BST
Betswot - "Gigginstown removing all 60 horses from Mullins? Assume Rothwell has finally completed the extension & can now accommodate them". Tongue Out
Report ffs September 29, 2016 12:37 AM BST
Gigginstown from what I've heard have hit the crossbar with one too many good 6figure Autueil horses also,

With Mullins, you also get Harold Kirk, and it looks great when it comes off (as indeed Apple Jade did, to astonishment), but there may have been a doubt as to whether the best were going to Mullins's more "over-looking" buyers, and what was the whack up ..
Report ffs September 29, 2016 12:41 AM BST
I do know however that Giggy were offered a class horse in training w DK Weld and Eddie turned it down as he wouldn't want to either pay the fees or move the horse,

Even if Mullins was looking for 200p/m extra you know Michael would fight it, and WP wouldn't back down.

de Bromheads' cleanout must have been a factor
Report Temlett September 29, 2016 12:03 PM BST
Harold Kirk would have next to no say about the buying of French horses. He would not have an earthly about most of them.
Report RoyalAcademy September 29, 2016 12:21 PM BST
I've said here on numerous occasions how simply stupid it was for an operation of Gigginstown's size to support Mullins when he trains for their "leading owner" rivals. And now we learn he had SIXTY horses in Closutton-SIXTY!!!!

What did Ricci and Wylie or even MacManus think of this?

And if, as has been stated, Mullins and Kirk were buying for O'Leary who determined it was a beast unsuitable (or otherwise) for the Brit owners?

A friend of mine has a mare in training with WP (swops between stations with regularity) and I am completely flummoxed as to why you wouldn't a) give it to a p2p guy to secure that all important "win" in a mares' maiden before going proper racing or b) to a much smaller trainer who will give it some attention as Mullins couldn't possible be concerned about this mare. (Our old friend silvergreaser would tell me why in a heartbeat but I'm just an old romantic).
Report pa lapsy September 29, 2016 12:45 PM BST
In your friends "defence" if you had a horse you would want it with WM.

Gut feeling though is he has a glut of mares and will have like so many others in the stable wait his "turn".

I think the "small" man doesn't do too bad with the stable, Eddie O' Connell for one though the horse was exceptional, an E Manning has a potentially very good one in the last at Gowran tomorrow the way she went whoosh at Galway.
Still you would like to see a run if anyway right.

Silvergreaser would be having a field day with AOB's debutantes.
Report RoyalAcademy September 29, 2016 3:12 PM BST
I have to say, I wouldn't pa. I'd far prefer someone with a bit of skin in my game and needs to look out for me-even if the mare is useless.

Racing is a numbers game - numbers, numbers, numbers - get enough of 'em and you should win plenty.

The history of this mare is interesting: half-sister to two brilliant winners from first two foals and nothing more 8 foals since: with all that disappointment you don't want to be just a number....in my book anyway.

We definitely need more racing threads-some of the cognoscenti still around even if they only feed us crumbs-Bigwilly is always worth a read, for example. With the news on Murphy, Gigginstown, Kavanagh swirling around there should be plenty to get us hot and bothered about.

By the way, I suspect silver is posting on Brian O'Connor's Irish Racing blog. As it doesn't get a lot of comment he (or his doppelganger) is used to howling at the moon.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2016 7:33 PM BST
Trainer Eddie Hales has received a major boost after he was sent 15 horses from Gigginstown House Stud.

http://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Hales-receives-Gigginstown-boost&prid=178816
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2016 7:38 PM BST
For those (incl me) that missed this... © from Tony K

http://www.geegeez.co.uk/the-gigginstown-mullins-split-reading-between-the-numbers/
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2016 1:12 PM GMT
Who has Bello Conti ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 3:19 PM GMT
Hope HENRY De Bromhead has him - after his great day UP IN DOWN ROYAL today with Grade 1 & 2 wins with Valseur Lido and Sub Lieutenant
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 12:24 AM GMT
WILLIE MULLINS TOP MONEY EARNERS FOR GIGGINSTOWN HOUSE STUD

Sir Des Champs €583,298
Don Poli €494,430
Valseur Lido €316,713
Outlander €206,582
Apple's Jade €183,283
Devils Bride €147,842
Petite Parisienne €144,441
McKinley €141,117
Un Atout €83,327
Roi Des Francs €80,572
Measureofmydreams €72,909
Blow By Blow €74,145
Gangster €44,370
A Toi Phil €34,170
Arkwrisht €36,536
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 7, 2016 7:42 PM GMT
SEE Rich Ricci is on with Matt on ATR atm - must say I didn't recognize him without the hat/sunglasses.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 7, 2016 8:34 PM GMT
American Tom Devil will be all the rage 2moro
Report cacique November 7, 2016 10:53 PM GMT
Is the rumour true that all his horses are  sick,.....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 18, 2019 3:31 PM GMT
Gordon Elliott squad shaping up nicely for Cheltenham....
Apple's Jade (Champion Hurdle)
Ucello Conti (Foxhunters')
Tiger Roll (X Country)
Battleoverdoyen (Ballymore)
Delta Work (RSA)
Envoi Allen (Bumper)
Commander Of Fleet (Potato race)
Dallas des Pictons (M Pipe)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 16, 2019 5:04 PM GMT
WILL the Supreme boyos be next ? Devil
Report punchestown November 16, 2019 6:07 PM GMT
Well if there's no mon there'll be no fun.....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com