Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
09 Sep 16 19:37
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
SUNDAY 11th. DAY 1.
SUNDAY 11th. DAY 1.
SUNDAY 11th. DAY 1.

WPMullins river runs three... 
3.20 River Run
4.25 Westerner Lady
5.00 Devils Bride

while Gordon Elliott has four.....with two in the FIRST RACE at...
2.10 Scealtana & Mischief Maisy
2.45 Water Sprite
4.25 Isabella Liberty

THERE'S A WINNER between them for sure

The "SOFT GOING" ground will be a NIGHT MARE for the week in Ballybunonion Devil
Pause Switch to Standard View ((((((( LISTOWEL RACE WEEK )))))))
Show More
Report CustomCut September 12, 2016 12:05 AM BST
4.10 Youarewonder 6/1
Steadily progressive for yard that does well with handicappers, needed every yard last time so worry about being outpaced on sharper track but hopefully the heavy ground will compensate. All the maiden winners look like they have been given marks too high and 2 horses of the 9 are out of the handicap.

Enter The Red in the 3.00 looks interesting, lots of seconds and thirds on the resume but the last effort reads really well and this looks his best chance in a while. 9/2 doesn't do much for me but would probably be a bet at around 6/1. Little Folke in the 5.40 is another interesting one, 2nd and 3rd in bumpers doesn't amount to much but looks sure to go well and the opposition is extremely beatable. Again would want a bit more than her price of 5/1. In the 5.10 Black Waterfall has predictably improved for the switch from Rothwell to Elliott, unlucky 2 starts ago and then running on strongly at the finish last time. Looked like it needed an extra half mile that time, can't believe they've not only kept him at 2 miles but taken him to a sharper track though the heavy ground should make it more of a test. 7/2 would be a no brainer over 2m4f but just couldn't back him at the bare 2 miles.

The 2 flat maidens look woeful, too many horses closely matched in the 4.40 maiden hurdle.

Looking forward to the Kerry National, looks like Elliott is having a right go at it. It's a shame Stellar Notion ran today as I think he'd have had a great chance over 3 miles. Still entered (Rogue Angel ran in the race today en route to success last year) but I'd say unlikely to take up the engagement.
Report newapproach September 12, 2016 11:11 AM BST
The fancy prices are gone but Jealika still looks a good bet @ 5/1. I took a bit of 11/1 last night but others obviously on  as well. This horse loves soft ground and won over course and distance last year also. All this horses wins have come on soft and heavy and 3 runs on faster ground have brought his mark down a couple of pounds.

Not many will appreciate the ground, custom cut's selection enter the red won't mind and rates the biggest danger.
Report CustomCut September 12, 2016 4:14 PM BST
Ugh, thankfully didn't get the price on Enter The Red but Youarewonder beaten narrowly after getting a great price. Well done Newapproach.
Report newapproach September 12, 2016 7:12 PM BST
Cheers CC. Unlucky with Johnny Feane's horse, just got chinned.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 13, 2016 4:17 AM BST
Makfi/.....Spirit
Report tony57 September 13, 2016 1:06 PM BST
one bet for me ..swamp fox @7/2..goes in the ground which looked soft yesterday!unexposed type still improving should be thereabouts with a clear round..good luck to all
Report Hubert September 13, 2016 3:09 PM BST
Any idea what the boys on Tnag tipped today.. they had a good day yesterday
Report tony57 September 13, 2016 4:33 PM BST
that cooper is poor, ball d, arc was never put in the race? might not of been good enough but that was poor imo.
Report CustomCut September 13, 2016 4:46 PM BST
I thought Three Stars won pretty easily. Duke Cass looks a good bet in the next, effectively up 7 pounds for his second last time but loves this heavy ground and seems like a horse who would love a big field handicap. Looks certain to run his race anyway.
Report tony57 September 13, 2016 5:07 PM BST
easy win there for swamp fox never looked in doubt tbf.. !
Report tony57 September 13, 2016 6:17 PM BST
ballycasy 4.10 @7/1 e/w my only bet on the card tomorrow better chances elsewere but the mullins horse done it well enough lto , no problem with the trip and e/w bet to nothing for me..good luck all
Report kavvie September 13, 2016 6:40 PM BST
mares bumper winner was v impressive..showed a nice turn of foot..
Report CustomCut September 13, 2016 7:17 PM BST
Wrath Of Titans 16/1 looks a good bet in the national. Out of the handicap but basically means he races off 128 and he's been competitive off marks like that before. Really seems like he's improved for the switch to Elliott and he might now finally fulfill his potential over fences, always seemed like a horse who would be better than 128 as a chaser. Booking of Lisa O'Neill isn't ideal but I fancy him enough to back him anyway.
Report Ozymandius September 13, 2016 7:22 PM BST
feck me is nobody going to congratulate Tony on his winner or is this just all about waving your own willy?

Well done Tony, we should have the equivalent of the Ryanair on-time jingle to play for you when you land one.  Similar strike rate tbf.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 13, 2016 11:48 PM BST
WEDNESDAY 14th. KERRY NATIONAL Day.
Report Bigwillystyle September 14, 2016 7:15 AM BST
Agree with Custom Cut. Wrath of Titans is a bet. All horses improve for the switch to Elliott and this fella will be no different. Will win a few big ones this season.
Report tony57 September 14, 2016 8:51 AM BST
i have no problem oz...ive always been judged to a different standard to others on here..the funny thing is tho, that i do ok!
Report kavvie September 14, 2016 10:23 AM BST
mouse could strike again  with folsom blues..
Report Ozymandius September 14, 2016 11:24 AM BST
I hear ya Tony.

For many on here its all about the colour of your passport and may God help you if you haven't been blessed with an Irish one.
Report Bigwillystyle September 14, 2016 11:45 AM BST
Tony, im going to have to give you the thumbs down on Ballycasey.  Dont think its his trip and he is 10 pounds higher than his run at Galway.  Might be wrong but think it should be far bigger.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 14, 2016 3:03 PM BST
4.10 KERRY NATIONAL Betting...18 run

Folsom Blue (6) & Bryan Cooper
Killer Crow (8) & Jack Kennedy
Lord Scoundrel (8)
Ballycasey (9)
Gas Line Boy (10)
Wrath Of Titans (12)
Report tony57 September 14, 2016 3:07 PM BST
carnt say i blame you bws..10lb is some hike for a ordinary race ..but its jumping was better..and e/w?
plenty in this race can win..
Report peckerdunne September 14, 2016 4:17 PM BST
Well done sir, very nice indeed.
Report CustomCut September 14, 2016 4:19 PM BST
Hooray. That's banished some demons for me, backed Urano in it last year. That's 2 from 2 in the big handicap chases for Elliott this season, could be plenty more to come and probably should have had the 1-2 today.
Report workrider September 14, 2016 4:20 PM BST
Some fantastic tipping on here , well  done Tony, Custom,
Report peckerdunne September 14, 2016 4:21 PM BST
The lass was sound, always in a good canter/possie.
Report Bigwillystyle September 14, 2016 4:25 PM BST
In fairness that horse was a cert on paper when you think about it.  Running off 124 less 7.  It will be 150 by the end of the season.  Hughes to Elliott trainer change!  Only a matter of getting it round.
Report Ozymandius September 14, 2016 4:43 PM BST
Fantastic stuff from Custom Cut and BWS.

well done, lads.
Report tobywong. September 14, 2016 5:51 PM BST
well done lads , was busy work wise and said id have to have a bet in kerry national , hadn't time to analyse so went with the pick on here , great stuff.
Report neill d September 14, 2016 10:40 PM BST
Well done BWS, Custom Cut and Tony. Always liked Wrath of Titans, dya think I backed him today, course fckin I didn't.Cry

Thread contains the winners of the Lartigue and the Kerry National; Irish Forum revival#
Report CustomCut September 14, 2016 11:15 PM BST
2.25 Stamp Of Authority 6/1
Won pretty easily last time, was out of the handicap that day so even with the penalty he's only up 2 pounds, definitely had that much in hand last time over a good opponent. Improvement in form seemed a bit random but the trainer has hit a bit of form and he might just like Listowel and/or heavy ground, and his mark had been steadily going down.
3.00 Train Time 10/1
Big eyecatcher on debut in Killarney, all at sea pretty much throughout the race but ran on well. Looks a strong maiden, the Bolger horse sets a good standard and a Weld/Aga newcomer is always to be feared but Train Time herself could have a lot of potential so looks too big at 10/1.
5.15 Floral Fantasy 6/1
Looks the first string for Bolger, ran well at Galway despite going wide the whole way and step up to 3 miles could bring out improvement.
Report newapproach September 15, 2016 11:06 AM BST
Lech Tell 1.55 11/1
Good run on debut @ Galway when returned @ 50/1. Didn't seem to stay the trip @ Roscommon when travelling well but finishing very tamely. Drop back in trip and locally trained, should be in the first 3 today @ least. Looks to have a soft ground knee action also.

Puches Pious 2.25 12/1
Front runner who loves soft ground should be very well suited to the track and conditions he will face today. Hasn't won over a mile but if he gets to the front today and gets on a roll, he might be hard to peg back. Front runners generally do very well @ this track.

Good luck.
Report tony57 September 15, 2016 2:10 PM BST
the bumper looks a decent race im with stolen diamond @9/2
won doing it easy lto but this is a lot harder i respect the favorite but at the prices elliots 6yr old is were my doe has gone..good luck all
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 15, 2016 2:26 PM BST
Any wan know the time difference between TnaG and ATR pictures
Report mrcombustible September 15, 2016 3:21 PM BST
In the Bumper I think Hold Your Nerve is worth a small speculative bet at 25/1

This is a half brother to Saludos and Espresso Lady (both bumper winners)and has had one run in a Leopardstown 2015 Christmas bumper where it started 9/1 and finished tailed off, has has 21 months off to recover from whatever was the matter that day.

Harrington has won bumpers at Listowel, she is 2 from 12  and Robin Des Champs is a good bumper sire. He is 4/30 on heavy ground with 15 of those placing. Kings Theatre and Stowaway are the other heavy ground bumper performers 120/22 and 6/70.

All stats are 10 years.

If this was Hold your Nerves first run he would be in the first 3 in the betting but hopefully he is much better than his first run and at 25/1 it does not cost much to find out.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 15, 2016 3:48 PM BST
Good Day for Pat Smullen...roll on AYR
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 15, 2016 3:53 PM BST
Chance 4.40 Mister Hotelier 12's in the most competitive race of the week
Report tony57 September 16, 2016 1:41 PM BST
like the fav in the first drop down to 7f will suit,after a decent debut over a mile!@15/8
Report workrider September 16, 2016 4:29 PM BST
Horses not jumping well for Cooper, TGC never looked as if it could lift a leg , lack of confidence been transmitted imo.
Report neill d September 16, 2016 5:10 PM BST
Cooper has won so much and is so talented that its crazy to say his Gigginstown time has been anything but a success, but Davy would've done a better job. Cooper should've had that job for the best part of his career but could see someone having it off him because he succeeded Russell too soon.

I'm presuming Russell isn't making the commitment over in England just for a few exciting novices of Dai Walters. I'd say it is more like he is paving the way to be first jockey with either Nicholls or Henderson, more likely the former as Hendo has never been too pushed re jockeys I feel. De Boinville is capable and his face fits there. Could see him having the late career surge Geraghty had (not that he was ever really properly struggling.)

When Nicholls sees up close how far ahead of STD Russell is, (as will be unavoidable with the Dai Walters horses in his care) he will pull the trigger and appoint Russell for next season with Sam staying in the system somewhere. Nicholls is a killer really, has never gotten over Ruby leaving and Russel's acumen is the closest thing he will get. Some of his Cheltenham rides were poetry this year.

I could see Nicholls having another spell with probably the well-financed and capable Skelton becoming his main rival in England. Henderson wasn't driven enough in his prime so can't see him getting back on top now. At least with Nicholls, you get the sense he wants it badly enough and he'll get the people around him again to get the horses he needs and will also find another Fry or Skelton.
Report Bigwillystyle September 16, 2016 7:48 PM BST
Wonks you may be right about Cooper and his confidence but that horse wouldn't have won today with any jockey on it. Market told the story. The ground is a disgrace down there. A glue pot. That horses would never lift a leg in it.
Report CustomCut September 16, 2016 8:10 PM BST
4.05 Thomond 11/2. Off 2 years but Meade in flying form and he's a course winner and well handicapped based on his last run. Despite the layoff he's only an 8 year old. Of the opposition Presenting Beara might struggle to jump round, Sir Abbot and Curragh Golan look ungenuine and As De Pique and Katie Do might be too high in the weights.

5.10 Deans Road 11/2. All of Tocororo's and Tiger Roll's form is around easy jumping tracks, Listowel's very stiff fences might catch them out as they're both flat bred and not very big. Deans Road by contrast should relish the stiffer test of jumping. I would also consider the Russell booking (Lynch on the last twice) a positive.
Report Bigwillystyle September 16, 2016 10:45 PM BST
Clonalig House should bolt up. At least 20 pounds in hand. Won off top weight last time when not that well fancied. 5/2 a steal. Should be 5/4.
Report CustomCut September 17, 2016 12:13 PM BST
Impressive last time BWS but I couldn't trust Martin at all. Tocororo withdrawn from the 5.10, would want at least 2/1 on Deans Road now, which looks extremely unlikely. Should get a much easier lead but still not fully weighted to reverse form with Tiger Roll.
Report applehunter September 17, 2016 12:51 PM BST
There have been 3 horses that have followed up this week already.
Report kavvie September 17, 2016 10:40 PM BST
why does ajm do what he does?clonalig house was really weak in the market and ran accordingly..
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 6, 2017 12:44 AM BST
That time of the year again

SUNDAY 10th. DAY 1...
SUNDAY 10th. DAY 1.....
SUNDAY 10th. DAY 1........

Entries from WPM...
Ballycasey (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 2.45
Chateau Conti (FR) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 2.45
Digeanta (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 2.45
Wicklow Brave (GB) entered Curragh on Sunday 10th Sep 4.50
Ballycasey (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 5.00
New Kid In Town (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 5.00
Crumpledandcreased (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 5.35
Petite Buck's (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 5.35
Suinda (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 5.35

...AND GORDON
Brutal (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 2.10
Morgan (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 2.45
The Game Changer (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 2.45
Creadan Grae (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 3.20
Beckford (GB) entered Curragh on Sunday 10th Sep 4.15
Bilko (FR) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 5.00
Cecil Corbett (GB) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 5.00
Potters Point (IRE) entered Listowel on Sunday 10th Sep 5.00
Report MJK September 13, 2017 5:26 PM BST
How does that Andrew Ring get rides? Totally blew it today, and remember the ride he gave the Mullins horse in Leopardstown at Christmas when he should have won. He must a very good work rider to still be around.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 15, 2017 1:43 PM BST
No3 in the first today
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 15, 2017 1:45 PM BST
Lorente McCreery/Roche
Report MJK September 23, 2017 2:33 PM BST

Sep 13, 2017 -- 11:26AM, MJK wrote:

How does that Andrew Ring get rides? Totally blew it today, and remember the ride he gave the Mullins horse in Leopardstown at Christmas when he should have won. He must a very good work rider to still be around.

Fiesole today. Another shocker.

Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 4, 2018 1:49 PM BST
SEE SOME ENTRIES JUST OUT FOR SUNDAY

Hidden Cyclone
Wicklow Brave
Pearl Of The West
Camelia De Cotte
Flat To The Max
Kylecrue
Haymount
Townshend
Suave Des Champs
And even a Kerry Star in the bumper
Report workrider September 4, 2018 10:26 PM BST
Anyone getting excited about a horse like Kylecrue needs to see the Vet imo....
Report workrider September 4, 2018 10:26 PM BST
Anyone getting excited about a horse like Kylecrue needs to see the Vet imo....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 4, 2018 11:27 PM BST
11yo Kylecrue is going for 4-in-a-row in that particular race (hence the mention, hth)... show a little respect please Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 4, 2018 11:31 PM BST
GIVE ME 10 horses like him everyday...

Lifetime (N.H.) 69runs 12wins 16 places 17.39% wins AND €261,490.00 in prize money !!!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 5, 2018 5:34 PM BST
Kerry National - Wednesday
Jury Duty 7
Snow Falcon 7
Blazer 8
Peregrine Run 12
The Wests Awake 12
Oscar Knight 14
Sandymount Duke 14
Shantou Village 14
Slowmotion 14
Timiyan 14
Saturnas 16
Spider Web 16
Rogue Angel 18
20's bar
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 7, 2018 12:31 AM BST
Our Father, a beaten favourite in the 2013 Hennessy, is entered in next week's Kerry National. Hasn't run for 1,350 days
Report workrider September 7, 2018 10:03 AM BST
Who art in Heaven..
Report Vubiant September 7, 2018 11:19 AM BST
Laugh
Report pa lapsy September 13, 2018 6:51 PM BST
Kylecrue is around a stone wrong in the ratings tomorrow,i seen (i think) worse 20/1 shots in 6 runner fields,question mark in either current form or trip with most of the other 5.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 15, 2018 8:44 PM BST
A young lad to watch for the future.....18yo DARRAGH O’KEEFFE - partnered his second Feature Race winner of the week at Listowel - his 7lb claim is handy too.

Winning today on Deor, his first winner for John Kiely, and aboard Ballyoisin (& third time for Enda), landing yet another valuable Handicap Hurdle on Thursday for JP. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 11, 2018 2:21 PM BST
Catch Me ifyoucan • September 7, 2018 12:31 AM BST
Our Father, a beaten favourite in the 2013 Hennessy, is entered in next week's Kerry National. Hasn't run for 1,350 days

Make that 1382 days Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 3, 2019 10:05 AM BST
That time of the year again....

Going:
Flat - Soft, Yielding to Soft in places.
National Hunt - Yielding, Good to Yielding in places.
Weather continuing unsettled.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 11, 2019 12:50 PM BST
KERRY NATIONAL at 4.15

5/2 Movewiththetimes or 8/1 Yorkhill
Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 11, 2019 12:52 PM BST
Going - Yielding, Good To Yielding .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 12, 2019 12:46 AM BST
Crossing Stacks Mountain tomorrow to pay a visit to LISTOWEL will do well Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.