Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Vubiant
22 Aug 16 16:44
| Topic/replies: 7,156 | Blogger: Vubiant's blog
Time for a game of Prisoners' Dilemma ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Two Prisoners
Show More
Report pa lapsy August 22, 2016 5:14 PM BST
Both are wrong, at his age Hickey is just a greedy dope,unlike half the dodgy Irish polititians he got caught,they can tut tut away.
If and when the brown stuff hits the fan regarding the other lad,the distancing will be done faster than Bolt,it won't matter,the voting publics amnesia/apathy is usually a 1.01 anyway.

4 times i got tapped on Saturday,each was the same "help the homeless",obviously i was very cynical but saw at least a half dozen pile of blankets around vatious places in the city centre,very likely nearly all have drink/drug problems but always a few.
Cosmopolitan is the best i could describe the city centre,i wonder where they are sleeping?
Report workrider August 22, 2016 5:24 PM BST
Pa, one of my Sons is helping out after work with the homeless , our house is like a training ground for a trek up Everest the amount of sleeping bags and tents people have given , our garage is no longer just for cars ,unreal the amount of people sleeping rough atm ,yet there is still plenty of good will about ,sadly thats playing into the Governments hands ,why should they do ANYTHING when the people are doing it for them ..
Report pa lapsy August 22, 2016 5:33 PM BST
Fair play to him Workrider.
I never seen it as bad,you would only get an odd few,very probably the shelter down the quay near Parnell Place is choc a block.
I wonder what the proportion of people surviving on the likes of aldi and dealz is? I'd say it is high enough except they have a roof over their head.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 27, 2016 8:14 PM BST
The contrast between the two prisoners is getting starker by the day.

Our Minster for Foreign Affairs Charlie Flanagan is at the beck and call of the Egyptian family,is constantly berating the Egyptian judicial system but when a prominent Irishman is treated disgracefully in Brazil he says nothing he can do.

Where are all those overpaid human rights organisations,where are all those human rights lawyers ?

I suppose Pat Hickey has a few disqualifying features.

Deemed hateful by the media,therefore okay to hate.
Old
White
Male

Anyone else thinks this man has been wronged ?
Report neill d August 27, 2016 8:20 PM BST
Article by Paul Kimmage gives a great insight into the whole thing. Hickey is an Machiavellian unscrupulous character who is being treated unfairly here is the gist. The final paragraph could've been lifted from Unforgiven! I'm a big Kimmage admirer.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rio-2016-olympics/paul-kimmage-how-did-pat-hickey-become-the-most-hated-man-in-irish-sport-34981713.html
Report wildmanfromborneo August 27, 2016 8:43 PM BST
I'm not an admirer of Kimmage.

I read this article last Sunday and thought it opportunistic and sly.
His attempt at placing Hickey with Gibney was disgraceful,his emotion filled description of a dubious suicide attempt was typical.

The girl he so cynically uses sued a host of people,she got compensation but failed in her ( now customary ) bid to draw from different groups,she lost against the OCI and they quite correctly sought costs.

The more I hear of Pat Hickey the more I like him.
Report timberman August 27, 2016 8:56 PM BST
I could do with a few tickets for Croker Tomorrow, Is it The Olympic Council or John delaney the best option?
Report TheFear August 27, 2016 9:24 PM BST
David Walsh seems pretty pleased with Hickey's predicament. That's good enough for me,,,
Report Eddie Batt August 27, 2016 9:47 PM BST
Hickey is a parasite getting what he deserves.
Report Ozymandius August 28, 2016 7:57 AM BST
Refreshing to see an (alleged) white collar criminal, largely untouchable in Western jurisdictions, have his collar felt and treated as a criminal.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 28, 2016 9:46 PM BST
I've no problem him being treated as a criminal but why not wait til he's convicted.

I notice our president jumping on the bandwagon and sticking the boot in.

Hickey could never be described as a danger to society so should not be in jail.
Report neill d August 28, 2016 10:14 PM BST
I think he is being treated unfairly, but I think people reckon we should nail him for this due to all the other stuff along the way. The €12,000 flights and €1,000 per day expenses (not the other stuff I'm talking about) when there are athletics clubs around the country that haven't a bean. That's immoral to me.

I don't like the way some professionals see Sports and Charity organisations in this country as a career move and a way to draw a large salary. They should be seen as a custodianship taken on by worthy individuals with benevolent intentions at the end of high achieving careers in other fields.

I like Kimmage for his interview pieces rather than his chasing of drugs cheats in which I have no real interest. It's a huge pity he didn't write O'Driscoll's book for all English did little wrong with it. I probably fall for the emotionalism, but I love his work, particularly the interviews with Lowry, Brolly and Michael Carruth in the last few years.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 22, 2016 9:59 PM BST
The European Olympic Committee have expressed surprise that the Irish government have done nothing for Pat Hickey,they say they are outraged by his treatment.
They are right on both counts.

What they don't realise that groups like Amnesty and our own government are only concerned about Left wing or Islamic prisoners.

As I said earlier poor old Pat Hickey as age,gender and his race against him.
Report roadrunner46 April 25, 2019 7:09 PM BST
never heard of this game before
Report Vubiant April 25, 2019 11:18 PM BST
You can play it on your cell phone too !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com