Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Rocketfingers
30 May 16 08:42
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Rocketfingers's blog
Just thought i would start a thread even though it is a couple of weeks away and i have started to have a few punts already. I make the French favs as do most bookies to all bookmakers however some have them joint with the Germans, for me with home advantage they be alone at the top of the market though. However i don't think there is any value at the current odds, with no Sakho & Varane being out now i think defensively they look a bit suspect now.

Anyway my way of thinking so far is that i don't think Portugal are to far ahead of Austria as a side in the first place so i would nearly make them a bet straight regardless, however Ronaldo did not look fit in the UCL final and has been rumoured to be carrying an injury for the past month or so, with the Euros 15 days away for both sides, it's not too difficult to see him not being fully fit for it, 9/4 for Austria to top their group is a decent price imo.

Also backed Austria at 40's EW as i think they're overpriced, they qualified very well top a group that contained Russia and Sweden.

Same applies to Croatia, they're way overpriced for me with a squad that contains Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic, Mandzukic at 29/1 EW to win it and then 7/2 to win their group that contain Spain.

I think Ireland have a chance to get of their group, if the big man for Sweden is not in top form don't see any reason we can't turn them over but no bet for me at the moment. Probably have a few more bets with the squads are finalised and the friendlies are done & dusted.
Pause Switch to Standard View Euro 2016 Betting Thread
Show More
Report workrider June 30, 2016 10:58 PM BST
Hard to believe that a team of such TALENT have NOT won a game, might be the right way of putting it so...
Report padlock July 1, 2016 6:40 AM BST
The quality has been poor, another tedious game of cat n mouse with no team having desire to go get the win
Hope wales give it a good go tonight,team spirit can upset these belgium posers imo
Report neill d July 1, 2016 6:03 PM BST
Portugal have 4 real players, Pepe(who might be the form Centre Back in the world), Moutinho (industrious and clever, though not on same level of the other 3) Renato Sanchez, and Ronaldo whose legs are going.

If you'd said 2 years ago that Portugal would make the semis with Quaresma and Nani as two of their front 3, most would've said no chance.

Most of their team is non-descript to me, despite some of the big price tags bandied about re their other midfielders.

They've done really well to get this far.
Report frank60 July 1, 2016 6:15 PM BST
I have to agree with you Neill ;i have seen much better Portugal teams before, Like you say they have done well to get this far with a little help from the gods.
Report workrider July 1, 2016 6:29 PM BST
Can't have Pepe Neill, a disaster ready to happen imo . He'll do something mad before these games end mark my words...
Report neill d July 1, 2016 6:31 PM BST
That is the only thing with him WR, most of the crazy stuff seems to happen when he plays with Real, though. He is keeping Varane out at Madrid, which is amazing considering that kid seem to have everything a centre-half needs to be a top player.
Report workrider July 1, 2016 6:34 PM BST
Yes Neill he is a fantastic player just a little mad ,sure to explode though , can see him giving a silly peno at some stage ...
Report pa lapsy July 1, 2016 9:44 PM BST
Fair play the Welsh battled well.
What a rotten hard tournament to predict matches,it seems to me anyone takes a lead just wanted to defend it.
Must be a Welsh commentor bbc,he has lost his voice.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 1, 2016 9:49 PM BST
Is their play not of a high standard ?
Those last two goals were fantastic.

Get a few Welshmen together and you have a choir.

Fabulous scenes I'm delighted for them.
Report pa lapsy July 1, 2016 9:53 PM BST
Very underated(well i did anyway) they battled oh so well despite having only really Bale as a name.
Hope they (or the Icelanders) can make the final now.
Report Kelly July 1, 2016 9:56 PM BST
Brilliant team performance  from Wales , coming from behind . Makes you wonder about seedings / world rankings . Northern Ireland played better than Wales in their match , albeit Wales won .  Maybe our local lot ( England excepted ) are better than they know . And Bales was as quiet as a mouse tonight compared with other matches .

Reckon they could beat Portugal too , they are no great shakes .
Report mincer11 July 1, 2016 10:09 PM BST
Bale was marvellous tonight Kelly, its just that some of his compatriots played excellently as well and he wasnt as noticeable.
Report frank60 July 1, 2016 10:12 PM BST
Agree Mincer;wales showed that they are not a one man team,  Wales v germany final
Report workrider July 1, 2016 10:58 PM BST
Backed Belguim ,what a shambolic lot they are , thought I was watching Rovers , score a cracking goal , then instead of keeping at it they resort to keeping what they have and rightly get punished for it .Fenlon must have popped in at some stage. Welsh fully deserved their win and have evry chance against Portugal...
Report Rocketfingers July 1, 2016 11:17 PM BST
Happy enough to take Portugal at 2.2 v Wales, no Ramsey for Wales and taylor out as well is a blow. Belgium with a shambolic backline tonight and then to compound matters wonky was on them so they had no chance. William Carvalho is out which is a loss but Portugal can bring in someone much closer to his level than the Welsh can do for Ramsey, Now i'm delighted to have a go at them at the price esp Wonks has changed sides and now given Wales his venomous Tallaght love bite.
Report workrider July 1, 2016 11:27 PM BST
The Sligo Cowboy arrives to save the ship , the same guy who got 2 odds on shots beat in the SAME race ffs...Giving us his worldly advice on all things sporting ,if Portugal get beat he'll be crying for his moneyback....Laugh
Report padlock July 2, 2016 6:34 AM BST
At last a decent game,Wales were great,big price to beat belgium who just dont fancy it when going gets tough,could well get to final also
Expect germany to win tonight.,yet to concede a goal
Report CheltenhamRoar July 2, 2016 9:09 AM BST
In fairness to Belgium they were missing a while back line ffs,
Vertonghen Vermaelen and Kompany, if they play they don't lose simple as, shambolic defending cost them but to be fair to Wales they exploited that and then some! Still lack of guts and desire from Belgium was clear for all to see, Hazard only interested when his team are winning, ye wouldn't want him in the trenches with ye,

The Belgian golden generation have been grossly mismanaged,Giving Hazard the captains armband sums it up for me.

Fancy the Italians at the prices tonight, can't believe the difference in prices between the two sides, the Germans have been good in one game so far, and that was against a poor Slovakian side, other than that they've been pretty ordinary, add that to the fact the Germans have never beat an Italian side in a knock out stage, wouldn't fancy the Germans up top either, Muller has been horrendous and Gomes is a rich mans Daryl Murphy,
The Italians have been a joy to watch thus far, their defending and organisation is an art, they're solid all over the pitch and can score too.
Report workrider July 2, 2016 10:34 AM BST
Surely you must admit Chelt , that lad you said was a great player was laughable last night ,when the going gets tough GREAT players get going .He just hasn't got it mate .
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2016 1:21 PM BST
So for Wonks to think you are any good you must play out of your skin in every game you play Laugh And ignoring he was unplayable the previous match.
Report workrider July 2, 2016 2:29 PM BST
Rocket , stick to what you're good at ,backing odds on losers,at the double....Laugh
Report frank60 July 2, 2016 3:32 PM BST
The germens look a good bet at 2.32 here [no injury problems] Itlay have a couple of injury and Suspensions problems, 2-0 to Germany 10/1 here looks a fair bet as well.
Report workrider July 2, 2016 3:43 PM BST
Good luck with that Frank ,not a bad bet if i say so myself... Have laid The Gurka here ...
Report frank60 July 2, 2016 5:17 PM BST
I backed the winner myself W/R[did me a favour at Ascot] safe me from a bad day today as well.
Report neill d July 2, 2016 6:06 PM BST
I thought The Gurka was a moral. Got there very soon at the trip, race didn't work out. I'll have my life on him in the Sussex.
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods July 2, 2016 6:06 PM BST
Senile Frank having a pint at the Aftertimers Arms again I seeLaugh
Report frank60 July 2, 2016 6:11 PM BST
The ground was the difference Neill, The Gurka is a much better horse on good ground, Aiden was happy enough with him.
Report neill d July 2, 2016 6:16 PM BST
He's a funny one Frank, the ground was officially good in France but that was wrong apparently. I'd agree he is much much better at a mile and the way he went through the race, and what is on the dam's side and the sire as well (whatever AOB says) I wouldn't have said there was too much wrong with the surface for him. Maybe his stamina ebbed away on it, though.

I reckon he will murder the rest of the mile colts in the Sussex anyway. I'd say Moore would have followed Hawkbill if he had his time again. The fact they supplemented him is a good sign of Appleby, least it shows he has some semblance of a clue.
Report padlock July 2, 2016 6:18 PM BST
Italy have looked a team but expect Germany to go through so backed 2-0 and 3-1 and germany in extra time as saver ..
Hopefully a good game
Report neill d July 2, 2016 6:25 PM BST
I don't think either are much and the French will ate the winner!. Both lack a cutting edge. Whoever either play up front is, to borrow a Kerry GAA phrase "markable".
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 2, 2016 9:13 PM BST
Anyone find Germany a boring nation, too exact and rigid
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 2, 2016 9:25 PM BST
Now we have game tg
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 8:10 AM BST
Just had a serious bet there on France -1 on the AH at 5/6, Surely Deschamps plays the same formation he did at the end v us, bet of the tourney right here for me.
Report workrider July 3, 2016 10:47 AM BST
Time to get OUT anyone having backed France ,Rocket putting the Indian sign on them .
Report workrider July 3, 2016 11:00 AM BST
Should have added ,his serious bet would be his last tenner after that Eurovision disaster ...Laugh
Report slickster July 3, 2016 12:57 PM BST
France -1 at odds on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???? This fool has to be on the wind up.
Least he'll only lose 6 euro Laugh
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 12:58 PM BST
No wonder you're called thickster by so many on here.
Report whosaidwhat July 3, 2016 2:52 PM BST
Snot allowed ;only one bet of the "tourney" ; Bet of the Euro 2016 for me Austria/Portugal reverse forecast, got some 2.4 tonight ; another MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBB!!
Report slickster July 3, 2016 6:00 PM BST
Don't forget his "tip" for Austria to top the group Laugh. If this clown turned the table upside down, he would have made a tenner or so Grin.
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 6:12 PM BST
Lads all i can do is flag up value bets, this bet is in to 7/10 tonight now i hope you got on.

whosaidwhat who is my no.1 stalker is well known to me by a contact that i have so i don't worry about that fella Wink
Report frank60 July 3, 2016 8:49 PM BST
france 4up at  h/t,sure makes Endland look bad.
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 8:51 PM BST
CoolCoolCoolCool

Calling this, Holiday paid for chaps LaughLaugh
Report workrider July 3, 2016 9:00 PM BST
7/10 well done Rocket .Enjoy Butlins....Laugh
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 9:03 PM BST
5/6 actually, i know you don't look at prices and odds anyway Laugh
Report workrider July 3, 2016 9:07 PM BST
I have to hand it too you mate , a 5/6 Whopper ,shameful to think you'd be bragging about a odds on shot ,but thats about your strenth odds on and more odds on , your a bookies dream....Laugh Laugh
Report snap crackle and pop July 3, 2016 9:31 PM BST
Nice one rock, top tipping.

Seethers will be in a spin!

Pa's weekend must be ruined
Report workrider July 3, 2016 9:37 PM BST
Snap, your pal Rocket has nearly Eclipsed your good self with a clutter of beaten odds on shots , no doubt the pair of ye can dig up a 1/2 between you a give each other a high five, Id say thats about all the cash you have between ye.Laugh. Your record as a tipster is about as impressive as Roy Hodgsons ...Laugh...
Report snap crackle and pop July 3, 2016 9:48 PM BST
Into bed with you wonks.

Don't hate, appreciate.
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 9:54 PM BST
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom Wonks remember to think of this when nurse tooks you in tonight, Holiday paid for Laugh

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Thanks Snap, haters always going to hate winners Wink
Report workrider July 3, 2016 9:56 PM BST
Its more than bed you need mate , few if any make it pay ,those backing odds on are sure to lose , its a matimatical fact .Both of ye consistantly put up odds on shots .Try as you might you cant fool the punters on here, or dress it up,you and  the Pocket Rocket are LOSERS bigtime..
Report workrider July 3, 2016 9:59 PM BST
I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt ,can't remember YOU putting up 2 odds on losers in the SAME race.....LaughLaughLaugh
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 9:59 PM BST
What a mug Laugh

It's a mathimatical fact, ah no it's not Laugh

Remember mate, Holiday paid for, let that sink in.Wink
Report workrider July 3, 2016 10:09 PM BST
FFs Rocket ,I'm going on holiday myself in 2 weeks ,mines been paid for years ago......Laugh
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 10:13 PM BST
By the state i'd say !!!
Report workrider July 3, 2016 10:28 PM BST
Now you know me , and you know thats not true. For for you to say that means I can take the gloves off , firstly you could do with some new clothes , that night I met you I thought you had dressed yourself from a war on want shop ,and if I remember correctly YOU were on the dole . Now if you want more mate you can have it ...I'm only starting.
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 10:40 PM BST
Now now play nice, my clothes would always be top so that is a lie. Anyway i'm sure you know plenty that the state have looked after in some shape or form for a bit Wink

I can step this up if you want !
Report workrider July 3, 2016 10:49 PM BST
Your clothes were an embarrasment mate pure and simple . Your a typical working class lad from the country , no idea how to dress and insecure into the bargain . Maybe YOU should have asked about clothing vouchers when the state was looking after you . End of rant , glad you finally got a job abroad , doubt OUR country would have seen you as been up to much ..Night night...
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 10:58 PM BST
Laugh

Rememeber the time you took early retirement and punted as a pro for 3 months and lost your early retirement fund doing it, which probably was serious amount to get you to get lost. 

Shame we had so much to talk about Sad
Report GANT007 July 3, 2016 11:06 PM BST
Richie Sadlier was bang on the money tonight, get the FAI to appoint Brian Kerr to set  up a proper youth system........the days of blaming the GAA and John Delaney's salary don't wash anymore.
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 11:09 PM BST
The only person who was bang on the money tonight was me gant, i backed France heavily and paid for a holiday for myself and i have the rest of my money tucked away for the next time i go home so i can go shopping in Dunnes stores and pennys like Workrider and be cool. Cool
Report GANT007 July 3, 2016 11:17 PM BST
You could buy a few players for Sligo Rovers if you won a few grand, you might even find a few in Dunne Stores or Penneys.
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2016 11:21 PM BST
Ah i could have done that before tonight gant to be honest Laugh
Report CheltenhamRoar July 4, 2016 12:34 AM BST
Getting very personal on here tonight lads!
Nice bet rocket, your holiday was paid before HT
Report workrider July 4, 2016 10:13 AM BST
apoliges for my behavior lads ,Rocket telling his usual lies lit me up a little , Gant he hardly talks about Sligo now , another fair weather supporter...
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2016 12:44 PM BST
Well done Rock, I know the down at heel on here will constantly (a lack of imagination and wit) harp back to Eurovision, it's great to see you have bounced back and resumed  normal service.

Lapsy must be taking your big win especially hard, has yet to show his face since.  It's always a tough few days for him when someone he doesn't see eye to eye with on here, lands a big one Grin
Report Ozymandius July 4, 2016 12:47 PM BST
You are forgiven, Wonks.

You lost the run of yourself, we've all been there.
Report workrider July 4, 2016 3:36 PM BST
Very Kind Ozy....Blush
Report mincer11 July 4, 2016 4:37 PM BST
Fair play wonks, you were like a guy after two bottles of whiskey last night . I know you weren't yourself , in fairness you are rarely cross when dole day is almost upon you .
Report workrider July 4, 2016 6:21 PM BST
Mince, check your meds ,theres a good old boy...
Report Rocketfingers July 4, 2016 6:43 PM BST
I think the plumb got annoyed when i reminded him he was only going on holiday to Cartmel and would have to return to Tallaght at some stage.

Ah well at his age at least he has his dignity lads, eh. Laugh
Report workrider July 4, 2016 9:00 PM BST
I'd say your holiday is behind the old Iron Curtain from what I hear , a little lady found herself a meal ticket is what I'm hearing , even if I did live in Tallaght it would be better than that little one street kip GRANGE , two pubs a chinks and thats about it ,oh I nearly forgot that your old girlfriend I see walking around in her wellis talking to herself when I'm passing  ?. Looks to me as if she's wearing your coat as well....
Report Rocketfingers July 5, 2016 7:30 AM BST
Ha at least she found herself a meal ticket and not some food stamps from Tallaght that your one happened to get Wink
Report wildmanfromborneo July 5, 2016 1:30 PM BST
So some poor unfortunate Eastern European lady has had to let Rocketfingers crawl all over her so she can stay in Britain.

That's the problem with the EU and Britain an undesirable ( Rocketfingers ) not only draws a swathe of benefits for himself but has the power to let a desirable ( Ukrainian lady ) also claim benefits by having to associate with the aforementioned undesirable.

His side kick another undesirable ( Ozymandius ) views Eastern European woman as chattels to be bought.
Report Ozymandius July 5, 2016 1:39 PM BST
There is no need to discuss Mrs Rock in such crude, uncouth and vulgar terms.  This is a man's wife we are talking about, show some respect!

And anyway I prefer Brazilians, much more bang for buck.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 5, 2016 1:47 PM BST
I was always opposed to these arrangements.

Sham marriages are against the law just the police are afraid of being called racist so a blind eye is turned.
Report Rocketfingers July 5, 2016 10:59 PM BST
Enough of my love life on this page please, between the vulgar, classless, idiot wonky and the almost voyeuristic wildman i would ask both to distain for bringing my family and loved ones on to this forum. Wildman was nearly writing an erotic story there at one stage, the graphic detail he went into of another forumite is a bit worrying, i think he misses Richters.

Back to the football, fancy Portugal at the prices tomorrow night, with no Ramsey for Wales, at 5/4 i think Portugal will get their first win in 90 minutes. I think they should have got their first win in the 90 minutes v Poland and i would class them as a better side than Wales, with the Welsh now without one of the players of the tourney Ramsey i think it is a huge ask, fair play if they manage it though.
Report padlock July 6, 2016 5:51 AM BST
Fancy Wales to keep the dream going and reach the final,ramsey is a blow but portugal are very beatable ,expect wales spirit to shine through,helpful if bale has a great game and j allen and ledley,williams will also need to be sharp.Think they will be goals also ,wales to win 3-1 3-2 2-1 ,extra time is a possibility but as long as Wales dont freeze in the Semifinal atmosphere,anything over 3/1 to win is generous,safer to back them to qualify as includes extra time/ penalties victory.
Report frank60 July 6, 2016 7:54 PM BST
Good luck to Wales
Report Rocketfingers July 6, 2016 10:46 PM BST
5/4 great price on Portugal, interesting final ahead, not playing great but will give whoever a game Cool

Wonky raging again, you should follow in the next time, sure the tube down to Bath you claim you got sure is expensive lad and the bucket of bolts you drive does well to get you to Lucan as you know only too well LaughLaugh
Report Ozymandius July 7, 2016 6:27 AM BST
Very well done Rock, anther excellent shout.
Report Rocketfingers July 7, 2016 7:46 AM BST
No worries Ozy, only downside is more seething from you know who 'Mr Loser', ah sure no one takes him seriously anyway. LaughWink
Report workrider July 7, 2016 11:23 AM BST
Rocket , getting confused again I see , thinks the tube runs to Bath , then a double smiley to show us he doesn't really understand that a winks as good as a laugh ,re my car ,can't seem to remember YOU having one ,you were the best thumber ever to come out of GRANGE .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 7, 2016 5:40 PM BST
Anyone on FRANCE outright
Report padlock July 7, 2016 7:01 PM BST
Yes good call on portugal,got that game all wrong. Im on france o/right ,hope they beat the germans tonight
Report Rocketfingers July 7, 2016 7:09 PM BST
Thanks Padlock, more seething from Wonky when he sees this though, anyway tough game that to call tonight, hopefully it is a classic, god luck with you bets !!!!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 8, 2016 12:54 AM BST
CHRIST, Look who's back
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 8, 2016 3:56 PM BST
France at 15/8 before last's nite action - where you on ?
Report padlock July 10, 2016 12:21 PM BST
Bring it home france,portugal probably try to play cagey n compact,again hoping for goals and open game
France 3 -1 4-2 or even lol 5-2
Report Kelly July 10, 2016 8:26 PM BST
French defenders are pretty cynical .  Ronaldo off , lots of interest in match has just disappeared .
Report frank60 July 10, 2016 8:42 PM BST
I thought the french fans were very poor booing Ronaldo being taking off. Looks good for the frogs now.
Report Kelly July 10, 2016 8:57 PM BST
Not sure whether Galway vs Roscommon was worse than this match to date . Nothing happening .

Re tackle on Ronaldo , the French guy was not holding back , and he had back up . I find it hard to watch soccer as most of the time the guys are trying to kick each other while trying to look like they only want the ball , which is going to vamoose anyway because half the tackling involves the "much vaunted " sliding tackle . Never saw anyone control the ball while sitting on their backside .
Report pa lapsy July 10, 2016 9:58 PM BST
Poor match,and very few good games throughout the tournament, the only ones who don't want this overhype to finish are the bookmakers.
Best of luck to French outright backers,they deserve it on balance.
Report workrider July 10, 2016 10:34 PM BST
One of the poorest Finals ever , wife had France in work , hard to watch her smash thetele...Laugh
Report frank60 July 10, 2016 10:37 PM BST
Not great football,but great story[ Dunphy] Well done Portugal
Report frank60 July 10, 2016 11:15 PM BST
John Giles retireing as a TV pundit ,I saw him play on a few occasions many moons ago, a good man and one of Irelands greastest players.
Report neill d July 10, 2016 11:49 PM BST
Thought that was a lovely piece on Giles. I still find him and Dunphy insightful and incisive pundits. Dunphy is dead right about the state of modern football, France, for all their attributes, couldn't find a footballer to move the ball with purpose in midfield.

The actually had a guy who could have contributed something in that sense, Samir Nasri who could've been accommodated alongside Matuidi and Pogba. As I've said elsewhere, Benzema's omission was wrong.

Winning is hard enough when you do everything right! Costly night.
Report reb July 11, 2016 11:59 AM BST
frank, French people don't like to be referred to as "frogs".
Report padlock July 11, 2016 4:43 PM BST
Dissapointing tournament betting wise for me and generally very forgettable games imo.Modern football and new format seems to have killed the beautiful game.The final was awful spectacle.
Report frank60 July 11, 2016 8:16 PM BST
Cant say i blame them Reb, I believe they got the name from the English who the french in turn called the english a nation of shopkeepers, not my fav people the french, sum up by the booing of Ronaldo as he was being taking off injury after a bad tackle.
Report workrider July 11, 2016 10:32 PM BST
I suppose Henry been pissed off was worth them getting stuffed...That handball will not be forgotten...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com