Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 67 comments are related to the topic:
World Snooker Championships

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 67
By:
callitasucit
When: 27 Apr 16 00:34
What was his injury for second half of this afternoons session though??

I seen the first 4 frames and he was well on top. Apparently was in acute pain after break. Would love if he went through. Be soft semi final for Ding.
By:
winsamsoon
When: 27 Apr 16 10:20
Something in his shoulder, doesn't look as bad as yest but still there. With 2 sesssions today I'd be worried about him getting through it
By:
callitasucit
When: 27 Apr 16 10:23
Nice start for him there, JH unlucky with d black dropping.

Yeah McManus probably as pain free as he is going to be at moment. Hopefully can win 5-3 this morning and dose himself up again for the evening!
By:
huddys
When: 27 Apr 16 21:49
Well done Wildman super tipping,
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 28 Apr 16 11:51
My gut feeling is Fu will choke against Selby but McManus will grind Ding into submission.
By:
winsamsoon
When: 28 Apr 16 12:26
Fair play, even now I can't figure out how either of them are in the World semis. Their average strike rate between them is less than 1 win every 10 years.
By:
callitasucit
When: 29 Apr 16 11:12
Why was WMFB post pulled??

Inside will have it that its because he is using multiple usernames!

Very little grinding in the Ding match so far. 5 centuries and a 90 from him in 8 winning frames is ridiculous scoring. Would have been in for another but for unlucky in off there.

I think Fu and Selby will be a grind. Fu was always likely to lose yesterdays opening session after his late joust with Hawkins. Have backed him now at 4.3 for trading purposes. Over 29.5 frames is a good bet there at 2.3.

The schedule favours Ding as regards the final. He will be finished very early Saturday afternoon, possibly even tonight. Selby has the two session slot tomorrow, and its doubtful he will get done too early. The way Ding is playing, and given Selby hasn't sparkled yet, Ding should be 1.6 if that was the final. He wont be, he will be 2.1/2.15, solely because of his bottle doubt. I think he has really warmed to the task, his win over Gould and how he achieved was indeed massive for his confidence.

I certainly wont be laying off.
By:
kavvie
When: 29 Apr 16 19:37
why is he paranoid?any why is he a fool?
By:
insideinfo
When: 29 Apr 16 19:50
because every time a thread/post gets removed he mentions my name,thought that would be pretty obvious.whats it got to do with you anyway?
By:
kavvie
When: 29 Apr 16 20:05
im a forum member and im entitled to my view. and i dont like good guys like callit being called names by yokes like you..
By:
insideinfo
When: 29 Apr 16 20:13
well bully for you! thats me told Laugh
By:
pa lapsy
When: 29 Apr 16 20:35
Seriously Inside,Callit is a punter same as the rest of us,whatever about the other 2,he is sound enough.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 29 Apr 16 21:00
Fair play Inside.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Apr 16 21:26
McManus applying the pressure to Ding now,I think it will tell.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 29 Apr 16 22:55
Well played, Pa & Kavvie.

Lets hope The Gotchee also gets the memo.
By:
Snookerpunter
When: 30 Apr 16 00:00
Cracking match is the Ding v McManus affair. If the winner plays as well in the final they will win with a session to spare, if the opponent doesn't improve on his hitherto semi final performance.

Ding is handling it very well at the moment. McManus is playing much better than against JH. The main difference being his long potting. Up at about 75% for this joust, it was in the low 20s in the QF.

Have a nice green book in the Fu match, but honestly think he will get the better of Selby, and have left it fairly lob sided towards MF. He may balk at the line, and a low lay will certainly be lodged. Selby just doesn't look anywhere near as focussed as normal. Whatever caused him to miss the last two ranking events is certainly occupying his mind to more of an extent than backers would like.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 30 Apr 16 00:18
Ding is handling it well at the moment but he has been leading all the way.
McManus has been outstanding,if he can get a run at Ding I think he will buckle,Ding looks stoic but he's fragile.
The standard in this semi final is miles ahead of the other.
By:
Snookerpunter
When: 30 Apr 16 00:36
I think Ding has himself in a bubble at the moment. He came into the fortnight with a totally different attitude to normal. He fancied the job. The manner of his victory over Gould suggested that Griffiths has indeed added some steel.

McManus got a run at Ding. It was 9-3, and Angles then had a great chance to level at 9-9. Ding responded very well. That will add to his belief that he could withstand another.

Massive pressure on him, coming from where he does, but he looks ready to step up. All money aside, I hope he does it.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 30 Apr 16 00:48
I know he is your outright selection at a tasty price but I have backed McManus at 300/1 so we are in different camps.

I still think McManus has a chance,his long potting has been sensational plus he can grind lads down.
Ding always seems to have one dreadful session,I hope its tomorrow.

Selby seems to have more problems than Greece
Fu is a choker
By:
Snookerpunter
When: 30 Apr 16 00:58
McManus was some shout at 300-1. He certainly does have a chance. If he takes the first 2 tomorrow, then Ding will be under the cosh again. To me, he looks a different animal now though, and I expect him to respond.

Fu Selby game could go on til the all hours tomorrow night. Fu is certainly playing the more fluent snooker, but as ever he will find it hard to get over the line.
By:
callitasucit
When: 30 Apr 16 12:55
If Fu and Selby were wearing the Green and Gold, both would be facing long bans.

Shocking stuff.
By:
insideinfo
When: 02 May 16 11:27
whats with all the txt speak callit? you're coming across a bit chav Laugh
By:
Stevie28
When: 02 May 16 11:32
What's wrong for what was a quick effort of playing for 2 snookers on the pink in such a long frame? Always gonna only last a shot or two before opponent can kill it off by rolling pink over pocket, hardly a crime! Much prefer a bit of emotion over the robot that is Ding. It's a world final, a bit of fist pumping is grand.
By:
callitasucit
When: 02 May 16 12:24
It was a text Inside, which I had sent to a few people, and pasted on here.

Steve, there was no guarantee it would only last a few shots. He was a million to win the frame from there, which you suggest yourself. I don't think Ding was the only one in the crucible who was thinking WTF when he played on after blue disappeared. I would suggest everyone there was thinking 'give it up please!'

Ding doesn't show much emotion, but is definitely becoming more likeable. The amount of luck Selby had last night was incredible. Ding took it in his stride.

I haven't laid off any of my outright bet, but have traded the match market, and am slightly more Green on Selby. Ding is obviously still a much better result for me, but all monetary considerations aside, I couldn't see one reason why a neutral would be hoping for Selby to win.

I love a fist pump(preferably from a Tiger in red!) but I don't think he showed any respect whatever to his opponent last night.

It's all about winning, and I'm not a fan of losers, but a bit of dignity be nice.
By:
frank60
When: 02 May 16 23:54
Nice night for the city of lEICESTER.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 03 May 16 08:05
welcome back, Frank, where ya been?
By:
Racingqueen
When: 03 May 16 11:02
callit spot on
By:
frank60
When: 03 May 16 12:18
Thank you Oz, Betfair didn,t allow me to edit the forum since the end of Cheltenham, WHY? i dont know,    the 2nd time i got the red card in the last 12months,
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com