Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
callitasucit
15 Apr 16 14:13
| Topic/replies: 5,332 | Blogger: callitasucit's blog
Certainly not the interest in this that there once was, but still two weeks that I very much look forward to. The genius that is Ronnie O' Sullivan has much to do with that interest, and the game will be in serious trouble when he finally does disappear.

The first quarter is eminently winnable.

It's here we find the reigning champ Stuart Bingham. His defence can come to an early end courtesy of an over priced Ali Carter(7-5). Defending champions, and first time winners in particular, have a terrible record in their opening matches considering their starting prices. Bing, despite his win last year, has never been one to shoulder pressure and expectation too well, and I could see him under performing here. Carter has often come here in absolutely terrible form, and found his best from somewhere. If he gets even close to that Crucible best tomorrow morning, I cant see Bing beating him. There outright odds may argue, but I would make Carter a shade of fav for this joust.

Stephen Maguire should comfortably account for the veteran Alan McManus, and quotes of about 4-9 look a bit big.

For the winner of this quarter though I would be very sweet on the chances of the very much in form Ricky Walden. Two recent finals, albeit both ending in defeats, will send Ricky here brimming with confidence. He should have little difficulty with Robin Williams in his opener, and though he will no doubt be chalked up as underdog against John Higgins in Round 2, I would fancy him to follow up his recent victory over the Scot. 11-2 to win the quarter will do for me.

50-1 e.w outright also appeals.

The second quarter is a minefield.

There are 3 bona fide potential champions lurking in here, and whoever comes through this segment will be really fancying their chances. Judd Trump was my fancy for this months ago, and though he finally found some sparkle to win in China, he just doesn't appear to have matured enough to be winning here yet.

Neil Robertson is a match for anyone, even an on form Ronnie, when at his best. He will have been gearing towards this for the past few months, but I just feel he may be a shade below his best at the minute.

Ding Junhui comes here as a qualifier this year, and Martin Gould is the unfortunate top 16 player who has landed him first round. Gould wont be a pushover by any means, but I think Ding can go far here, and odds of 8-15 for that opener and 13-2 for the 2nd quarter on here look worthy wagers.

It could well be Dings year, and 22-1 e.w outright will do me.

I expect no troubles for Ronnie in the 3rd quarter. He is on a different planet to his opponents when he is on it. He has appeared to be in a good place mentally lately, and odds of 3.05 are probably on the big side outright. I enjoy the 2 weeks more having backed Ronnie, as I cannot but admire his brilliance on the baize. I haven't backed him yet, but its bloody tempting.

Nothing really stands out in the match markets in this quarter, though Anthony McGill on the handicap against Shaun Murphy will be something I will look at.

Mark Allen is my idea of the winner of the 4th quarter, and 5-2 looks big for him to do so.

He had been fighting with his game until his recent win, and that may give him the lift he needs to believe he can win this. Ronnie will be a bloody tough semi final opponent, but Allen may be one of the only players who will attack that game without fear.

25s e.w outright.

Good Luck anyone getting involved. Hopefully Carter can get the fortnight off to a flyer tomorrow.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 67
By:
oldbean
When: 15 Apr 16 16:59
i think ebdon is over priced against marco fu.
hes a 9/4 shot and i though he'd be 7/4 ish
he came from 8-3 down in the 2nd to last qualifier to grind out a 10-8 win, the match ended long after midnight (3am i think)and he came back out the following day to win again,
the man has mental strength in abundance, he knows how to grind out wins here at Sheffield, a past winner of this event, he'll have too much for fu in my opinion..
jimmy white was once asked who his least fav opponent was, he said ebbo
when asked why, he replied ......''ever stand in a Que? '' .........
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 16 Apr 16 16:04
http://www.snookerbacker.com/2016/04/14/the-world-snooker-championship-preview/#comment-906709
By:
callitasucit
When: 17 Apr 16 12:58
Nice start to the fortnight with Carter obliging, and McGill comfortably Vietnam d hcp by beating Murphy.

Have just backed Maguire to beat McManus. 6-3 is a very healthy lead, but you would have to imagine Angles will get twitchy.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 17 Apr 16 17:04
on a different planet
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 17 Apr 16 17:18
Ronnie 6 : 3...first to 10 at 10am
By:
callitasucit
When: 18 Apr 16 08:51
Ryan Day a good bet at evens plus 2.5 against JH this morning.

The qualifiers are performing very well so far, and Day was nearly the most impressive of them during the week. JH hasn't got many good years left in him, and though it's too early to write him off, it will mean he will b a bit more anxious than ideal. I expect this to be very close.
By:
winsamsoon
When: 20 Apr 16 18:30
Kyren Wilson will take care of Joe Perry fairly handy. I def wouldn't have him odds against. 14s is big on him winning his quarter ,  he's just as good as Selby ir Allen and unlike them he's improving
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Apr 16 21:17
Martin Gould vs Ding Junhui - Frame 14 - Gould needing 3 snookers ! - 2 snookers and a free ball later followed by a super clever clearance HE WON ! Lead 8 : 6. WOW
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Apr 16 22:01
Amazing 45 mins ago Ding touched 3/1, now 1/5.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Apr 16 22:08
7/1 Gould not for me Devil
By:
callitasucit
When: 20 Apr 16 23:58
Ding dug deep tonight, and it could well be a match he looks back on in years to come, that won his World Championship.

It could very well give him the belief that he has hitherto lacked at the Crucible.

If Wenbo can see off Trump, which he should do, the quarter from hell has suddenly opened up like a ****s nickers.
By:
callitasucit
When: 21 Apr 16 13:12
Second round matches starting today, and first up is McGill v Fu, and McGill looks an excellent bet at 6-4

Marco Fu typically over performs against the better players. He has a fantastic record against the likes of John Higgins and even Ronnie down through the years. But he struggles with expectation, and can be found wanting against those he should beat. In saying that, he is far from a certainty on paper against McGill anyway. He was excellent against Shaun Murphy, whilst Ebdon was complete rubbish against Fu.

Anthony McGill for me.

I was hoping for 1-2 on Ali Carter against Angles McManus, but he is now into 1.42 so will let that one run.

Ricky Walden is a massive price against John Higgins. True, he was woeful for most of his match against Robbie Williams, but he had issues with the table and cushions early on. He also got an unbelievable bad run of the ball. This clearly got to him and played on his mind. He should have gone out, and is now in bonus territory really. He has a very recent win over JH, and can repeat it here at inflated odds of 3.1.

Judd Trump is not yet out, but I feel Wenbo will get past him. If Ding is 1-2 or better, he will be  a bet versus Wenbo.

Mark Selby was predictably poor in Round One. If Rob Milkins had more composure he could have put him out. Sam Baird impressed, and is worth a bet at 8.6 for trading purposes, and plus 5.5 frames on the hcp.
By:
newapproach
When: 21 Apr 16 18:23
Followed you in with Mark Allen callit @ 22/1. Will enjoy the long, battling nature of the tournament and won't fear meeting anyone.
By:
callitasucit
When: 22 Apr 16 00:00
Yeah, a Ronnie v Allen semi would be one to savour I feel NA.

As would a Ding v Walden one on the other side!!

On that note, I tried with 4 different firms, from various peoples accounts(so nothing to do with restrictions, limits or anything like that), to do doubles and a treble on Ding, Walden and Allen to win their quarters.

All were rebuffed.

Some gave no explanation, others gave a 'this bet type not allowed' message. I imagine their system is viewing them as 'related', when clearly they aren't.

I obviously hope they all come through, as have backed them singly for quarters and ew outright, but I still be mighty pissed off!!

Have backed Holt at 4-5 +3.5 frames against Williams, and Baird +6.5 frames at 1.75 v Selby.

McGill gave away 3 very soft frames today. If he can keep his composure a bit better tomorrow, I still feel he will oust Fu.
By:
The Gotchee
When: 22 Apr 16 23:24
^^^^^Breathtaking shoyte talk with the discipline of a mug punter. ^^^^^
You have too many bets to be respected.
And when you do land one you are never too slow to exaggerate.
Give us one bet at decent odds and no more of your bolloxology and no more of this type of spoofing "I was hoping for 1-2 on Ali Carter against Angles McManus, but he is now into 1.42 so will let that one run."
Are you trying to give the impression you bet in millions?
Good luck, but you have all the hallmarks of an idiot.
By:
insideinfo
When: 23 Apr 16 09:19
ShockedLaugh
By:
one last chance
When: 23 Apr 16 09:32
Jayus  gotchee u spout some **** sure put a few off your thoughts up befor the event and let's see how you get on
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 23 Apr 16 13:52
Call, I tink we see your problem with your posts on the golf threads Devil
By:
callitasucit
When: 24 Apr 16 00:06
Pair of very sad individuals.

Cracking effort from Baird, inexperience at this level just caught him out. Few frames he should really have won along the way. Selby under 90% pot success, backing up another poor effort in round one. Allen will have a field day against him.

Allen at 4-7 against Wilson is my biggest bet since the Carter opener(No, it wont be millions though Gobshee)

Trump deserves to be fav against Ding, but not as short as he is. The 7-4 on Ding is big. Not a big bet for me though , as already on Ding at 13-2 for the quarter and outright. Really looking forward to that match, feel it could be the game of the tournament.

Hawkins started well against Ron. Good to see, but will he really believe he can beat him when push comes to shove?
By:
winsamsoon
When: 24 Apr 16 10:07
Couldn't touch Allen here. When things go well for him he can play, but if he gets a few kick or bad bounces or just plain bad luck he panics and plays stupid shots. He won't get away with any of that sh1t against Wilson,  probably the best player to have come through since Trump.
By:
insideinfo
When: 25 Apr 16 08:41
hey callit! if you think i have have anything to do with your dopey golf threads being removed you're a bigger dope than i had you down for.like i told you before i reckon its betfair getting their own back on you for polluting the forum with your multi usernames.

do you actually think i see one of your golf threads,ring up betfair and say " hi betfair its insideinfo here,could you please removed that dope callits golf thread for me?" and they reply "yes inside,not a bother" Laugh
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 25 Apr 16 11:22
I've never seen a player lose two frames the way Mark Allen lost the last two last night.

Its the unluckiest two losses I've ever seen.
By:
Racingqueen
When: 25 Apr 16 11:41
insideinfo seething again i see Laugh.

ROFLCHOPS LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
kavvie
When: 25 Apr 16 11:43
he had a dead handy(well handy by his standards) clearance in the 3rd last frame and he inexplicably went for the inside red and went put of position .if it was in a lesser tournament id be suspicious..i still wouldnt rule him out if he got a few early frames in.  12/1 seems tempting?
By:
winsamsoon
When: 25 Apr 16 11:45
I might be biased but if you call them unlucky, you could call 75% of snooker frames unlucky. Touching another ball with your cue is just dreadfully poor, suppose you could say the timing was unlucky. In the last frame Allen got in with a fluke, played an awful shot to get out of the snooker and missed a pink 18 inches from the pocket for the frame, hardly unlucky
By:
winsamsoon
When: 25 Apr 16 11:49
Was it the first after the interval he took on a very difficult red to the top corner and left it hanging, pure crazy. He had Wilson on the rocks at that stage, could have won that session 7-1 or even 8-0 if he hadn't taken that on
By:
kavvie
When: 25 Apr 16 11:57
he seemed to want to lose and be reckless to my thinking.i know he didnt but thats the impression i got.last time i saw him he was totally logical..
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 25 Apr 16 12:44
Allen is a volatile mercurial player who has played the wrong shot many times.

The second last frame he is on frame ball when he inadvertently grazes a red with the rest,amazingly the ref spotted it.
The last frame Wilson needs a snooker on the colours,gets it on the yellow,Allen makes a straight forward escape but double kisses in off.

One issue that annoys me is that all poor shots are put down to the ubiquitous " kick "
Commentators are complaining about kicks when the ball is potted.
Funnily enough good players rarely get kicks,I was a bad player and I didnt get " kicks " either.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 25 Apr 16 12:45
He actually grazed with his cue.
By:
winsamsoon
When: 25 Apr 16 13:00
The good players who are commentating rarely see them either, Henry doesn't seem to see them, Virgo/Hallett are calling them every second shot.

On that snooker on the yellow, why did he wallop it.He actually over swerved by the width of a ball by hitting it so hard.  Golden rule when your opponent needs snookers is don't send the white around the table. Don't know what the stats are but an awful lot of snookers are got from in-offs.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 25 Apr 16 13:04
Fair comment,I don't think Allen is a good shot selector,great potter alright but goes for the wrong shot way too often.
By:
insideinfo
When: 25 Apr 16 13:17
calm down callit ya muppet...you are obviously thick as pigshit if you think betfair just remove ramdom threads at my request.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Apr 16 18:12
If there's a VOTE for the BEST SHOT of the SNOOKER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP then this is it.....by China's Ding Junhui. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3fs8CR8wkU
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Apr 16 18:21
2/1 b365 for a 147 anyone ?
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 25 Apr 16 18:25
3rd Quarter Winner Betting Odds

Ronnie O Sullivan 1
Marco Fu 5/2
Barry Hawkins 3
By:
winsamsoon
When: 26 Apr 16 10:08
Reputation seems to count for a lot in snooker, 2/1 is massive for Wilson. Selby's been terrible so far, Wilson superb.
By:
winsamsoon
When: 26 Apr 16 18:45
I thought Kyren got a terrible run of the balls this morning just when he needed a frame to settle. Selby is flatttered by a 6-2 lead and I expect this to be a lot closer by close of play tonight. Wouldn't put anyone of him at 6s
By:
callitasucit
When: 26 Apr 16 22:31
His run of the ball didn't improve much. Shocking unlucky in last frame. Yes, lucky to get the chance, but was in the process of a magnificent clearance before the kick. And that was a kick!!!

Then ridiculously unlucky to have no shot on a relevant colour.

Would have still fancied him at 9-7. Hopefully can take 3 of first 4, and shake Selby up from there.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 27 Apr 16 00:16
McManus trails Higgins by 5 frames to 3,that's not much.
McManus has beaten Higgins the last two times they met and is playing at the top of his form,don't mind his head lifting he is a great thinker of the game,I think he can frustrate Higgins and grind him down.

7/1 is a massive price and should be snapped up.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com