Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
13 Feb 16 21:59
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: workrider's blog
2.0 I think Stuccodor will run a huge race, looks for all the world as if it needs further,but this stiff track should be a big help. A lay of Ttebob is my play in the 2.30 . Very disapointting the last day and looked as if it was all a bit much for him. 4.0. I'm also laying Black Hercules, the form of his last run was let down recently and he has plenty on his plate .
Pause Switch to Standard View ....... Navan Tomorrow......
Show More
Report pa lapsy February 13, 2016 10:11 PM GMT
PP got Norns Dr Waluigi well out earlier(9/1),be 9/4 if Mullins one is negative.
Smashing living up to its name,nice performance today against admittedly suspect opponents.
Report snap crackle and pop February 13, 2016 10:20 PM GMT
Stuccodor is a hound and has no chance tomorrow.

Ttebbob is a stone cold certainty
Report tobywong. February 13, 2016 10:25 PM GMT
black Hercules in warwick was a seriously impressive round of jumping imo , definitely red ran as well as he could v blackloin before being outstayed so dunno if I agree the form was let down wonks, but price is skimpy alright .
Report workrider February 13, 2016 10:53 PM GMT
Welcome aboard Toby, Snap I'll pay the price and take my chance .Pa hard for them not to let it off tomorrow after the last day would you say.
Report pa lapsy February 13, 2016 10:59 PM GMT
Donagh Meyler looks a good booking that way WR,brutal race last time but the oddest ride i seen in a while.
Best of luck with yer picks.
Report workrider February 13, 2016 11:11 PM GMT
They made their excuses for the last day Pa, hopefully they wont try and get too clever .
Report kavvie February 13, 2016 11:17 PM GMT
will the drop back to 2 mile be a negative lads?
Report Bigwillystyle February 13, 2016 11:18 PM GMT
Stuccador doesn't stay 2 miles and def won't around Navan.
Report pa lapsy February 13, 2016 11:20 PM GMT
All know there weren't any,tried twice between 6f-5f out to drop back and horse was going so well it wouldn't let him,just sat there for the rest of the race probably saying a few prayers,know a few here commented at the time but well worth a look if you haven't seen it.
Report workrider February 13, 2016 11:24 PM GMT
Norn phoned me right after the race Pa ,told me I HAD to have a look , shambolic to say the least . BWT I was of that opinion myself, but having looked at a few of his races I think hes been given too much to do in a lot of them.
Report Snookerpunter February 14, 2016 1:05 AM GMT
I would think Ttebbob will beat that Tell Us More by half the straight.

I didn't fanct Ttebob at all the last, and had a good cut on Sizing in every way against him. He was always going to be made try go a speed he simply wasn't able to go. Thhis is much more his cup of tea, and a clean round will suffice.

Im not sold on Black Hercules jumping. Extremely quick over them, but mighty low at times. Reminds of Barton Bank. If he hits one, aI wouldn't want to be on his back!

Monksland had a very tough race last week, but even allowing for that he looks a cracking e.w bet at 9-2.
Report koikeeper February 14, 2016 8:03 AM GMT
snap crackle and pop 13 Feb 16 22:20
Stuccodor is a hound and has no chance tomorrow.

Ttebbob is a stone cold certainty

I would be more confident if they knew the reason why it underperformed last time.... apparently nothing came to light.
Report Bigwillystyle February 14, 2016 8:31 AM GMT
Ttebob is s horse who can win with ease at a level below decent but when stepped up is useless. Also the horse seems to have been badly campaigned. The race at Christmas was an after thought!! Wouldn't back him with anyone's money. Saying that the second is a hype horse and not much use either.
Report koikeeper February 14, 2016 8:49 AM GMT
Ttebob is s horse who can win with ease at a level below decent but when stepped up is useless

had to laugh at that..Grin...
Report Bigwillystyle February 14, 2016 9:00 AM GMT
Which part would u disagree with?
Report koikeeper February 14, 2016 9:01 AM GMT
Its how you interpret a "decent level"
Report workrider February 14, 2016 10:06 AM GMT
Plenty of snow up here atm,any chance Navan will be affected lads ?
Report koikeeper February 14, 2016 10:21 AM GMT
http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/navan/210586/weather-forecast/210586
Report applehunter February 14, 2016 11:03 AM GMT
Ttebbob 40/1 for Arkle. 33/1 w/out Douvan.

If you are confident he wins today maybe worth a look.
Report workrider February 14, 2016 11:07 AM GMT
Sub L. and Monksland n/rs 4.0.
Report snap crackle and pop February 14, 2016 11:15 AM GMT
Wins today but hasn't an earthly in the Arkle
Report wildmanfromborneo February 14, 2016 11:21 AM GMT
Workrider and Norn Iron highlighted the extraordinary ride M P Butler gave Dr Waluigi at Fairyhouse.

He seems to have paid the price for his indecision,the excellent Donagh Meyler now takes over and he will make some difference,horses run for him
Report kavvie February 14, 2016 11:23 AM GMT
its for conditionals only. is butler still a conditional?
Report one last chance February 14, 2016 11:42 AM GMT
My 3 for today treble

Ttebbob
Black Hercules
Blow by Blow    Nap
Report workrider February 14, 2016 11:58 AM GMT
Apoligies its Wrath of Titans thats out of the 4.0 not Sub Lieu.
Report tony57 February 14, 2016 12:01 PM GMT
awful betting card..been the same in Ireland for weeks odds shots in 70% of races..
Report workrider February 14, 2016 12:06 PM GMT
Sad to see Andrews first runner as a trainer been withdrawn.. I expect a few more before I get there.
Report winsamsoon February 14, 2016 1:52 PM GMT
Couple of standouts, Tell us more 2.00 5/2,
Shantou Flyer w/o fav ,  each way 6./1.
Josies Orders 3.30 ew 8/1.
This races will take some getting. ,  these 3 will stay8
Report one last chance February 14, 2016 2:02 PM GMT
Backed stuccodor ew
Report one last chance February 14, 2016 2:07 PM GMT
Wasn't for backing fav and chose the wrong 1 Cry Grin
Report Dan Chipowski February 14, 2016 2:35 PM GMT
Tell us More lugs violently left at every fence.
Report Kriskin February 14, 2016 2:37 PM GMT
How does Robbie Power keep getting mounts.  The lad has no strength
Report mincer11 February 14, 2016 2:37 PM GMT
Thaks for that nuggett Dan
Report Dan Chipowski February 14, 2016 2:37 PM GMT
Laugh
Report applehunter February 14, 2016 2:37 PM GMT
Horse was running on empty, what is he supposed to do?
Report Bigwillystyle February 14, 2016 2:38 PM GMT
Ttebob won be winning any race between now and end of the season and would bet he won't be winning next season either. No good
Report allways collects February 14, 2016 2:39 PM GMT
Thought I seen someone say TTEBBOB  WAS A STONE COLD CERTAINTY. Great picking
Report Kriskin February 14, 2016 2:39 PM GMT

Feb 14, 2016 -- 8:37AM, applehunter wrote:

Horse was running on empty, what is he supposed to do?

It's not that ride just.  I've been commenting on this for a few years now.  No wonder his stock has gone down

Report one last chance February 14, 2016 2:42 PM GMT
That's the ttebob bubble bust very poor run again  not powers fault horse no use imo
Report Bigwillystyle February 14, 2016 2:42 PM GMT
Nothing Power could do. The horse is a head banger. They have made him very one dimensional and you only have 2 or 3 runs max in you when you have his running style.
Report kavvie February 14, 2016 2:43 PM GMT
hard blame robbie there    no jockey would have won on him.the horse was empty...
Report mincer11 February 14, 2016 2:43 PM GMT
Robert Power has never been riding better, he certainly is not a negative on any horse bar possibly when hes dining at the very top table.
What could he do there ?, get down and put the horse on his back maybe.
Report tony57 February 14, 2016 2:47 PM GMT
looks like might get evens for martins in the next? if it does i,ll chance it
Report kavvie February 14, 2016 2:47 PM GMT
pocket talkers see things differently m afraid..
Report pa lapsy February 14, 2016 2:51 PM GMT
Yeah Tony, some price, wonder is it down to lack of possible pace?
Report Bigwillystyle February 14, 2016 2:58 PM GMT
Snow Falcon would be the bet here only for last time fall. How you could back the fav I don't know. Martin going bad. No run this season and Cooper picking the wrong one nearly every time.
Report one last chance February 14, 2016 3:00 PM GMT
I'd rather snow falcon at the prices hopefully jumps better
Report tony57 February 14, 2016 3:01 PM GMT
rated 7lb better and getting weight loves the ground, 3 horse race ..
Report tony57 February 14, 2016 3:06 PM GMT
welldone bws..spot on..
Report pa lapsy February 14, 2016 3:13 PM GMT
It was spot on,very poor run as pace was okay, blew up or as you say Martins way off form.
Report tony57 February 14, 2016 3:15 PM GMT
think its martin being poor pa, price sucked me in(only small) dont back horses on the back of a fall, but that done it well
Report tony57 February 14, 2016 4:08 PM GMT
ruby ruby ruby...horse didnt deserve that
Report one last chance February 14, 2016 4:12 PM GMT
??? Tony are u blaming ruby for the fall
Report one last chance February 14, 2016 4:25 PM GMT
On a different note to black Hercules fall would anyone have an idea how many times has cooper picked the wrong giggy horse this season alone unreal how many times he is on the wrong one 2 races today alone with double entries picked wrong 1 now I'd let him off with road to riches over valsor lido but gets it wrong more often than enuf
Report kavvie February 14, 2016 4:28 PM GMT
its very hard for him with so many to pick from?no jockey ever had the choice he had..most have got it wrong lots of times..ruby  pat eddery frankie buick, piggott even!!
Report tony57 February 14, 2016 4:29 PM GMT
no olc, the horse just never got high enough imo,but i was thinking how many times he has fell at the last, lately?
Report Swardean February 14, 2016 4:31 PM GMT
Indeed kavvie, the decision made much more difficult when the horses are all in different yards
Report newapproach February 14, 2016 4:38 PM GMT
Davy picked the wrong one just as many times, Cooper rode most of these winners got him noticed.

The fact that all their horse run on their merit's and there is no quiet runs make it all the more difficult.
Report kavvie February 14, 2016 4:42 PM GMT
dr walugi ran into one sadly
Report CheltenhamRoar February 14, 2016 5:23 PM GMT

Feb 14, 2016 -- 8:42AM, Bigwillystyle wrote:

Nothing Power could do. The horse is a head banger. They have made him very one dimensional and you only have 2 or 3 runs max in you when you have his running style.

Well that just goes to show ye what a freak UDS is

Report tony57 February 14, 2016 5:24 PM GMT
had to laugh someone on the main forum talking about ruby with the last fence fallers ..saying hes now like a golfer whos got the yips..lol
Report guinness2dear February 14, 2016 7:25 PM GMT
3 bets today... Tell us More - Dr Waluigi - Golden Chieftain......

Pass the rope..
Report workrider February 14, 2016 8:33 PM GMT
G2D even after the first my worst fear was TUM was jumping to steeply ,he would have won by 20lths if he'd stood up, unlucky mate .
Report guinness2dear February 14, 2016 9:21 PM GMT
C'est la vie mucker. GC never looked like falling and that hurt more.

"These things are sent to try us" a great man once said.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 19, 2017 12:23 PM GMT
TEN UP CHASE sees Anibale Fly home for BJG at 6/4 Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 19, 2017 12:25 PM GMT
Even if the HELI doesn't arrive Tongue Out
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 19, 2017 12:53 PM GMT
Chance a few euros on Gordon's Holeinthewallbar 13/8 - dbl with A. FLY Devil
Report neill d February 19, 2017 1:59 PM GMT
Ball D'Arc v Ballyoisin is an excellent race and I couldn't call it. If pushed, I'd go Ball D'Arc as he is clearly well-fancied and McManus might prefer to play a little game with Ballyoisin because he really lacks experience to be pitched in high as he would have to be if he wins here. Ball D'Arc is seasoned and very good himself.

3:10: One of my favourite horses of all time  Dedigout runs here, presume they are working their way down with him towards something in a handicap, possibly next winter even. Sutton Place looks a machine and should win. I wonder might he go for the Stayers Hurdle at Aintree, supposed to go chasing next year, but the way he travels would remind you of Barracouda.

In the 4:10, Edwulf is possibly prepping for the 4-miler. I always thought Stonehard was going to be a good horse, think I heard he has bleeding issues, they won't go wild quick here over the trip and I think that might help him.
Report gutfeeling February 19, 2017 2:50 PM GMT
Acapella Bourgeois looks a fair bet at 5/1 in the Ten Up Novice chase.

Miles To Memphis looked a horse with a future on it's first few starts for A King before everything started going wrong, Will be watching with interest on it's first start for D Foster after nearly a year off.

Thomas Hobson is one I think will be turning up in a festival handicap so will also be looking for signs of life under the bonnet after a lifeless display lto.

So for me it's 1 bet & 2 watching briefs, GL everyone.
Report easygold February 19, 2017 5:33 PM GMT

Feb 19, 2017 -- 8:50AM, gutfeeling wrote:

Acapella Bourgeois looks a fair bet at 5/1 in the Ten Up Novice chase.Miles To Memphis looked a horse with a future on it's first few starts for A King before everything started going wrong, Will be watching with interest on it's first start for D Foster after nearly a year off.Thomas Hobson is one I think will be turning up in a festival handicap so will also be looking for signs of life under the bonnet after a lifeless display lto.So for me it's 1 bet & 2 watching briefs, GL everyone.

Good work...

Report pa lapsy February 19, 2017 5:56 PM GMT
One class post Gutfeelin.
Report gutfeeling February 19, 2017 6:14 PM GMT
Cheers Pa & EasyG, Doubt either of you missed it but if so add Not A Whisper to your notebooks, Twice now it's not been put into the race with a simple change of hands seeing it get a touch too close to the lead for comfort ( Ran in the first today), Surely the handbrake will be off sooner rather than later. Be Lucky.
Report neill d February 19, 2017 8:13 PM GMT
Fair f*cks Gutfeeling.
Report easygold February 19, 2017 11:24 PM GMT

Feb 19, 2017 -- 12:14PM, gutfeeling wrote:

Cheers Pa & EasyG, Doubt either of you missed it but if so add Not A Whisper to your notebooks, Twice now it's not been put into the race with a simple change of hands seeing it get a touch too close to the lead for comfort ( Ran in the first today), Surely the handbrake will be off sooner rather than later. Be Lucky.

The right man was certainly on Not A Whisper today a genius in that area for J.P if they are after a mark I`m sure they will try a better maiden hurdle the next day or if the want both a weak maiden hurdle will be the plan and get both cherries on top.

Report itcanbedone February 20, 2017 12:13 AM GMT
It's very difficult to admire JP'S approach to racing.  Pulling yokes left right and centre and plotting up handicap winners (and granted, there are some big pots..but...).  You can understand it from a small time owner, trying to make ends meet.  It really should be beneath JP.  Where's the integrity?  Where is the class?  Bit like a pro golfer wearing a disguise and turning up to win a trophy at a local golf club event.
Report workrider February 20, 2017 9:17 AM GMT
I can't believe it but I find myself in full agreement with Ozy there.
Report CheltenhamRoar February 20, 2017 10:53 AM GMT
Very well said, ye can say what ye want about MOL on other issues but one thing you can always be sure of when having a few pound on one of his is at least they'll be trying.
Report itcanbedone February 20, 2017 4:02 PM GMT
Not to mention he fact that MOLs history is transparent...it's very easy to see how and where he made his money.

He also chooses to pay huge personal taxes in this country when he could easily avoid it.

Has built from the ground up the Worlds Biggest Airline (in terms of International passengers) in an incredibly short space of time in a sector in which it was historically almost impossible to make money. A company Ireland should be proud of, which has created huge employment all over Europe and helped transform all our mobility and hence lives.

All of this without being politically correct.  And without having to buy (and publicise the buying of) sets of GAA jerseys etc etc etc to make him look like a great fella.

In my personal experience he is hard and demanding (of himself and others and why not?), but very straight and very fair. Refreshingly so.  In cases of withdrawing horses from stables etc, without knowing the underlying facts, I would always lean towards his point of view as likely to have been justifiable and fair.
Report CustomCut February 20, 2017 4:09 PM GMT
I like MOL too but he's very clearly an attention seeker.
Report itcanbedone February 20, 2017 6:35 PM GMT
I wouldn't agree with that, CC.

In the early years of the airline he sought free publicity by being a bit zany.  And it worked.  He then continued to use this public personna to affect and influence change where possible.

Whilst he isn't afraid to be outspoken, it is always with an agenda. He doesn't bask in the limelight just for the sake of it or to boost his ego as an attention seeker would.
Report mincer11 February 20, 2017 6:57 PM GMT
I wouldn't be sure O Leary is qualified enough to have a go against Smith with regards to these weight variances. His overall knowledge from what I see over the years would be limited at best. Although saying that , it has improved immeasurably in the last few years. How could a man that runs such a gigantic organisation as Ryanair be as well versed in horse racing as a professional handicapper?. He simply wouldn't have the time to be really on top of it. I agree though that he's not a bad character, a complete inability to suffer fools being something I can certainly relate to.
On the other hand , any time you ever see Phil Smith on tv, he comes across as a smug odious egotistical individual, with an air of importance about him that's totally unwarranted.
Report itcanbedone February 20, 2017 7:06 PM GMT
Am sure he knows plenty of people well versed in it, Mincer and has consulted them.

Does he (they) have a valid point in this instance?
Report mincer11 February 20, 2017 8:42 PM GMT
To be honest Oz, I don't really know either way. As far as I'm concerned the Grand National doesn't exist, as neither does any handicap with over 30 horses in it. I couldn't care less if every horse had 20 stone on their back as it's not a betting medium that I have any interest in .
As you say it is possible that he has taken advice on the matter, so maybe I am underestimating him.
Report dj876 February 21, 2017 10:14 PM GMT
The way JP campaigns his horses should be embarrassing for him. I don't begrudge him but the man has no class.

MOL plays up to being a bit of a pr1ck (no doubting he's thorny) but campaigns his horses like a gent in contrast to JP who attempts to give the impression of a modest gent but virtually every runner has a plot.

We all know it's part of the game but with the wealth he has amassed, surely the extent of the "cute hoorism" should be curtailed.

There is a valid argument for being a tax exile in this country when the exchequer's main purpose is to finance an incompetent public service but MOL has to be commended for being tax domiciled here.

JP must have too many d1cks around him to realise that he has despised by the average punter or more likely he doesn't give a hoot.

His legacy for me will be getting champion hurdle horses handicapped and the like.
Report workrider February 22, 2017 10:35 AM GMT
I find myself in agreement with DJ on this.
Report pa lapsy March 4, 2017 2:57 PM GMT
Subtle last time GF,that was blatant,never were going to take that on though.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com