Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
12 Jan 16 18:00
| Topic/replies: 31,464 | Blogger: workrider's blog
A good card with a smashing mares race to boot . Don of course will be the main attraction but what a little cracker that mares race is, if they all stand their ground it will make for a fine additive to the main event. Ballychorus, Bonny Kate Bitofapuzzle to name but 3 .Its not to long ago that SDC was the main point in making the journey, on Thurs he will be a second string , a competitive h/cap hurdle with some old guys taking on the younger brigade ,a good Hunters Chase to end the day , lets hope the weather is kind to them ...
Pause Switch to Standard View .....Thurles Thurs....
Show More
Report tony57 January 12, 2016 6:45 PM GMT
if bitofapuzzle is backable I,ll be balls deep..the only worry is experience
Report workrider January 12, 2016 7:28 PM GMT
I backed Ballychorus at Leop @ 29/1 on here, she was sure to be involved in the finish till topping up at the last ,the same was true at Navan. Bitofapuzzle is a mare I like a lot ,backed her the day she won at Fairy, a honest mare and sure to run a huge race will wait till I see them in the paddock before deciding...
Report tony57 January 12, 2016 7:38 PM GMT
I,ll be in touch wr..
Report Tolmi January 12, 2016 11:15 PM GMT
Just a small word of caution.Fletcher's Flyer ran terribly last week and I'm nearly sure both Harry Fry's runners were withdrawn last weekend having scoped badly..or I'm nearly sure that was the reason.

She's a thoroughly likeable mare who jumped well in Exeter but the possibility of some bug in the yard would temper enthusiasm.
Report pa lapsy January 13, 2016 10:31 AM GMT
I can't get over how big she is,very good mare that was flagged up before she ever ran on here by Tony.
With Bonny Kate and Ballychorus not running,it looks an open goal on form alone though Tolmi's post is noted.
Report mincer11 January 13, 2016 12:15 PM GMT
bitofapuzzle would want to have AIDS not to beat this pile of rubbish.
Its completely unopposable and will be priced accordingly.
Report mincer11 January 13, 2016 12:17 PM GMT
On a side note, it would be a good day for Wonks and Dan to finally meet up. There shouldnt be a big crowd and it shouldnt be difficult to find somebody, or it should be difficult to hide, depending on whatever way you wish to look at it.
Report tony57 January 13, 2016 2:10 PM GMT
didn't know there were n/r..she,ll be no price.
Report tony57 January 13, 2016 2:15 PM GMT
just looked at the decs..she,ll be far too short..i thought as pa said with the others in we might get a price .
Report Bigwillystyle January 13, 2016 4:27 PM GMT
Frys horse today ran stink.  Stopped as if shot.  Will be laying his donkey tomorrow especially if Tony fancies it.
Report Bigwillystyle January 13, 2016 4:27 PM GMT
Laugh
Report tony57 January 13, 2016 6:39 PM GMT
far from a donkey she is bws..shes no price so no bet for me but good luck to you with your lay.
Report workrider January 13, 2016 6:48 PM GMT
For what its worth ,my take on a few tomorrow. Arkwhist in the 13.10. It seemed to take forever for this fellow to win a race, eventually the one he did win he won impressivly,not that it was any great shakes and with Cooper deciding to ride the mare tomorrow it seems this lad is the second string . Rose won well here the last day and the second franked the form on Sun,but I still  have visions of her bumper run were she didn't want to know , Arkwisht will have gained tremendous confidence from his win and is sure to go on the heavy, so on that basis I make him my selection...
Figurative is progressing nicely and should play a part in this,first time blinkers and first time in a handicap should work the oracle .
One who has stayed under the radar is , Mister First, he ran a cracker in a real good race at Punchestown,looking as if he would play a part in the finish between the last two before finishing a respectable 4th , sure to love the going and worth a fewquid e/w ...
All the best punters...
Report pa lapsy January 13, 2016 7:08 PM GMT
Poor enough punting card despite a classy couple of races.

Rebel Turn 1.40 EW 9/2 with PP.
Couldn't put anyone off Figurative on it's Limerick run,travelled well and quickened til no more to offer close home,a long gap back to the rest who were on terms on the home turn. Bit disappointing though he couldn't get the better of 109 rated Positive Approach.
I initially looked at Rebels Turns Tramore win as a case of last one standing but was quite impressed by the Limerick win and certainly on that evidence not worried by the 6lb,it was snug and would think The Pounds will be held again.
Rory O'Moore may set a good pace think that would certainly help  Rebel Turn's hold up style.
Of the rest i like Sydney Thompson as a horse but off the bones of a year,Diamond Caucois is a fascinating runner on paper and hard to quantify,trainer has similar types and have to go back to '12 for last winner.Find it hard to fancy Willies pair though they have been running in better.Most of the rest look out of form.
Report workrider January 13, 2016 7:24 PM GMT
Good man Pa , a opinion .
Report dj876 January 13, 2016 7:33 PM GMT
An opinion?

I'd say the splinters are killing him.

I see he was jumping on losing selection threads again after the race,the general conduct of the back slapping brigade on that thread is inexpiable.
Report pa lapsy January 13, 2016 7:35 PM GMT
Yeah Workrider just a normal one,you started a few threads recently and put up a fair few winners, thought they were good threads with no pretensions.
Report snap crackle and pop January 13, 2016 7:36 PM GMT
The 11 year old v the wonks would be 1/5 in a match bet! (And value at that!)

LaughLaughLaugh
Report workrider January 13, 2016 7:52 PM GMT
Would that be ODDSCHECKERS prices Snappy .....Laugh
Report workrider January 13, 2016 7:54 PM GMT
DJ , you have little to offer in reality ,you are ego driven ,nothing more nothing less , like your own crew here to ruin another racing thread by the look of things , you and your motley crew are well matched...
Report TheWasp January 13, 2016 7:58 PM GMT
I find djs write ups to be some of the most articulate and complete put up on this forum you know alot of time and thought is put into them before putting up a selection and know that at advised price you would always be getting value following them
Report dj876 January 13, 2016 8:18 PM GMT
Not overly concerned with your opinion WR (under-statement) as you have just commended a poster's opinion (drivel) that consisted of all 13 horses horses in a race have   a chance of winning.

Disappointing to see you take so much satisfaction from a forumite losing a few quid on the Lingfield thread despite not voicing your opinion before the race. Straight in with the dagger after the race as the poster was still recuperating from his monetary loss.
Report tobywong. January 13, 2016 8:25 PM GMT
absolutely dj , the thread had no reply for hours until wonks waded in .
Report pa lapsy January 13, 2016 8:26 PM GMT
Where did i say 13 horses have a chance?
Where did Workrider go straight in with the dagger after the race? It was over 2 hours.

THe drivel is from yourself.
Report snap crackle and pop January 13, 2016 8:27 PM GMT
Pa have you recovered from your meltdown earlier?
Report dj876 January 13, 2016 8:33 PM GMT
I see you jumped in with your usual bitter comments after the race Noddy with a very distasteful summary of the thread.

You're incapable of concealing your nasty traits which are distinctly at odds with your intended portrayal of a modest gent.

I only scanned your incoherent ramblings but you seemed to be rattling through a fair few of them.
Report pa lapsy January 13, 2016 8:38 PM GMT
Well,take a bit more time reading the thread and try to get the meaning of it again rather than "scanning",i hope that is sucinnt enough for you robothead.
Report dj876 January 13, 2016 8:41 PM GMT
The mask is slipping again Price-wise.

It's bitterly disappointing to see you dancing on threads where forumites have lost a few euro regardless of the amount of time elapsed.
Report pa lapsy January 13, 2016 8:48 PM GMT
Quite sure if you are anyway capable of getting your head out of your ar$e you will somehow manage to compose yourself and the disappointment mightn't be so bitter for you.
You still haven't read the thread and are just spouting inaccuracies, shure God love us.
Report dinglemick January 13, 2016 9:17 PM GMT
2 stand out bets for me on the card tomorrow .

1.10 Westend Star 9/4

Really caught the eye when it wasnt off a yard under Jacques Ricou at Naas when a staying on 5 th , as a result was no price in the north on Stephens Day came home as it liked ... can see this fella progressing to be a 140 plus horse .... I don t think the mullins 2 would be in the highly thought off category down in clonsutton ... Moonbeg Rose while it won nicely here the last day was quite weak in the market while the horse that was 2 nd to arkwrisht in tramore was beaten 68 lengths the next day ..
I expect Westend Star to be favourite by the off time

2.40 Melbourne Lady ew w/o Bitofapuzzle and small bet straight ew 14/1

Agree Harry Frys taking a bit of a lull after an impressive run for the stable . like a lot of the big yards in the UK January can be quite.Still hard to see Bitofapuzzle not drawing here unless it runs a shocker.....Not a whole pile  between the rest on ratings but the one i think will give it most to do is Melbourne Lady ...Really liked her run at Naas the last day on her second run of the season over fences behind the very well fancied one of Barry Connells ... She was strong on the machine also and jumped real well galloping all the way to the line ...
Report workrider January 13, 2016 10:03 PM GMT
Good to have you on board Dinglemick ,Westend Star was impressive indeed up north .
Report joevalue147 January 13, 2016 10:28 PM GMT
Looking forward to Westend Star tomorrow myself.  He was very highly rated in the McCain stable and I know this might not be saying much but the word was that nothing could go with this lad when he was trained there. Unfortunatley Westend Star never lived up to his homework on the track while with McCain but Gordon seems to have found the key to him and i'm hoping and expecting a big performance tomorrow. I watched him closely on both starts for Elliot and his run in Down Royal was impressive. Travelling powerfully all the way around in the bad ground and he put the race to bed very quickly. (Although granted a very poor race). He is back on the right track now obviously and could be really starting to fulfil his undoubted early point to point promise.
Report TellTheKing January 13, 2016 11:13 PM GMT
I echo the above sentiments from Dingle & Joe. To be honest I think Westend Star is gone by tomorrow. He was very eye-catching on his Irish debut where, having been out the back turning in, finished the race to very good effect with minimum assistance. Not sure how Gordon explained the race tactics to Jacque that day but I imagine it involved a strangling hand motion! He completed an easy task up the North with the minimum of fuss.

It’s hard enough to warm to Monbeg Rose. Her bumper run was most disappointing and I still wasn’t hugely taken with her Thurles win where she was getting the penalty concession from the two placed horses. I also dislike horses taking such a leap in trip particularly when she has a habit of running keen. Arkwhist has looked flat footed on a number of occasions. Think the Tramore win was flattering and it’s hard to forget a few other days when he looked like being involved in the finish but was quite tame at the end of his races. Doesn’t say much for him when Cooper has picked the mare.

There won’t be anything coming home as strongly as Westend Star in my book. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if Wes Hardin proves to be his biggest threat.
Report Bigwillystyle January 14, 2016 12:20 AM GMT
Agree with TTK. Both Mullins horses are useless. Wes Hardin has been running well in decent handicaps and will finish in the first two. Mullins pair are great lays!
Report workrider January 14, 2016 9:05 AM GMT
Thanks for the heads up lads , great to have open discussion on a fav topic ,I've nearly had my arm twisted by the glowing reports of Westends prowess ..
Report CheltenhamRoar January 14, 2016 10:44 AM GMT
Just lay the fry yoke, only a fool would back it at them prices win lose or draw given how the yards horses are currently performing,
Place lay, will probably be pulled up.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 14, 2016 12:11 PM GMT
Indien Rouge
Westend Star
Don Cossack
Bitofapuzzle
Two Rockers
Pays 14/1 Devil
Report norn iron January 14, 2016 1:02 PM GMT
MONBEG ROSE  WAS IMPRESSIVE IN TYRELLA P2P WIN AND LOOKED DECENT BEATING MYSTIQUE WHO WON TO FRANK FORM
Report Temlett January 14, 2016 1:05 PM GMT
Westend Star was the horse that Donald put up last year as the horse that would be his star last season?

I think it was Tony that highlighted this?
Report norn iron January 14, 2016 1:19 PM GMT
WELL DONE DINGLEMICK/JOEY /TTK AND ALL WESTEND STAR BACKERS IM SURE WR HAD SERIOUS BET ON IT

SHOCKED HOW BAD P2P WINNER MONBEG JUMPED
Report Ozymandius January 14, 2016 1:26 PM GMT
Well done, lads.
Report frank60 January 14, 2016 1:35 PM GMT
Very good reasoning as well, well done.
Report norn iron January 14, 2016 1:41 PM GMT
VERAWAL EW
Report CheltenhamRoar January 14, 2016 1:43 PM GMT
By the way lads I know Nolan is useless but his horses starting to perform much better of late, lots of places and won the opener, small play on I'm all you need is advised.
Report kavvie January 14, 2016 1:51 PM GMT
well done lads.great reasoning.when ttk said he would win easily i backed it last night. at 2/1 .how did it touch 4.9 ir?i was never worried at any stage?  thanks again.thats what the forum is for.not sniping.
Report pa lapsy January 14, 2016 4:13 PM GMT
Very good Dingle and Westend backers.
Notice ye gave the "Kerryman of the year award" to a .............. Corkman!!!!!! WinkGrin
Report snap crackle and pop January 14, 2016 4:25 PM GMT
As usual the cream rises to the top!

The less said about some of the others the better
Report workrider January 14, 2016 5:17 PM GMT
Delighted Don did the business, the books went 11/10 each Arkwhist and Rose so had a piece of that , Thought Ruby had stolen it turning in tbh . Not a lot of money around,although some seemed to have backed a couple of the bigger priced winners .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2017 12:59 AM GMT
ALWAYS A GREAT DAYS RACING.......with 8 races to boot.

Sadly no DON COSSACK this year WR but an able substitute in SUB LIEUTENANT in the Grade 3 Kinloch Brae.

The following Mares Novice Chase at 2.50 is there for the takin with Westerner Lady and Ruby, bar a fall Whoops (Who remembers Bitofapuzzle !)

COME ON DOWN TO THURLES Devil and lets remember Matty & Eddy.
Report elvissss January 19, 2017 1:34 AM GMT
COME ON DOWN TO THURLES Devil and lets remember Matty & Eddy.

Who are u talking to?????????????

There are dating sites for that sort of carry on
Report workrider January 19, 2017 9:33 AM GMT
Laugh
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2017 9:35 AM GMT
FYI HTH

1.10 WT O´Grady Memorial EBF Novice H´dle of €14500.00 5-y-o plus 2m. 6f.

1.40 Matty Ryan Memorial H´cap H´dle of €16500.00 4-y-o plus 2m. 4f.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2017 9:36 AM GMT
Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2017 9:38 AM GMT
dinglemick, your on your up I presume Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2017 9:39 AM GMT
WHERE's THE 'DUNDRUM BOMBER' ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2017 9:45 AM GMT
FIRST RACE 12.10 Allardyce 14/1ew.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 19, 2017 9:45 AM GMT
About time they've stepped sizing John up in trip, he wants 3 miles never mind 2and a half.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2017 9:48 AM GMT
Ruby has 6 rides, but not often you see him up for Michael Hourigan - HOLLOW TREE 10/1ew
Report workrider January 19, 2017 9:58 AM GMT
How often do you see him ride for S Hughes ? he rode one for her at Punch on sat beaten out of sight, beware Ruby and outside rides.
Report punchestown January 19, 2017 10:22 PM GMT
PT in no hurry to close him down in the straight on Daisy's Gift....
Report CheltenhamRoar January 19, 2017 11:17 PM GMT
Hope they run sizing John in the gold cup rather than Ryanair
Report Bigwillystyle January 20, 2017 12:05 AM GMT
Thank Hod you have no input into the decision.
Report Bigwillystyle January 20, 2017 12:05 AM GMT
God
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 20, 2017 12:22 AM GMT
Good discussion this evening on radio about Sizing John with Davy R.

Also on about the harrassement of that jockey that fell in Hereford during the week.

Will dig up a link later Devil
Report Bigwillystyle January 20, 2017 10:53 AM GMT
Says the fella who hasnt a rashers what he is talking about when it comes to horses.
Report Bigwillystyle January 20, 2017 2:50 PM GMT
Fantastic riposte!

As for Sizing John, he wouldnt stay the 3M 21/2F in the Gold cup so therefore has no chance.  Would have a decent chance in the Ryanair.
Report CheltenhamRoar February 12, 2017 4:09 PM GMT
Bigwillie been shown up big time here
Report CheltenhamRoar February 12, 2017 4:12 PM GMT
And also had a few comments removed I see, what a clown
Report CheltenhamRoar March 17, 2017 3:44 PM GMT
Sizing John Love
Report workrider March 17, 2017 4:11 PM GMT
I put up a credit over on the Cheltenham thread ,have a read.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2019 11:58 PM GMT
ALWAYS A GREAT DAYS RACING
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 20, 2019 12:16 AM GMT
2.40 Camelia De Cotte at evens
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 7, 2019 12:58 PM GMT
Let’s keep this a winning thread shall we..... Watch this space for more cash back after 3pm Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 7, 2019 1:13 PM GMT
“And Willie’s in the bumper” .... Ah, where have we heard that before Whoops
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 7, 2019 6:29 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • January 19, 2019 11:58 PM GMT
ALWAYS A GREAT DAYS RACING
Tongue Out
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 16, 2020 12:39 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • March 7, 2019 1:13 PM GMT
“And Willie’s in the bumper” .... Ah, where have we heard that before
...the Power Of Pause Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 16, 2020 12:40 PM GMT
COME ON DOWN TO THURLES SUNDAY Devil and lets remember Matty & Eddy.
Report workrider January 16, 2020 8:04 PM GMT
Be there, whos Matty and Eddy...?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 17, 2020 12:54 AM GMT
Hint, race 2 & race 3 Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2020 12:41 AM GMT
Yielding to soft BUT frosty night - 8am precautionary inspection - track as ever, is fit for racing.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2020 10:41 AM GMT
You’d have to fancy Borrisoleigh......1st race at 1pm
Report punchestown January 19, 2020 12:33 PM GMT
Some money for Mouse's in the opener..Excited
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2020 1:05 PM GMT
Total matched on this event: €387,833
Betting summary - Volume: €71,883
Last price matched: 2.2
Betfair Starting Price: 4.4
Report punchestown January 19, 2020 1:06 PM GMT
Rachel will be sorry she didn't kick on there...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2020 1:07 PM GMT
Arcadian Sunrise 
Total matched on this event: €480,440
Betting summary - Volume: €219,352
Report workrider January 19, 2020 10:26 PM GMT
Mullins has my head melted, if I back one of his as I did today Footpad its beat, to make matters worse its usually a stablemate that beats them, echoes of Aiden on the flat. He always has an excuse to boot, Willie that is.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 20, 2020 11:06 AM GMT
Alot worser heads In Borris today Sad waiting for another 30 years Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com