Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
02 Jan 16 16:15
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Won one other race...
Pause Switch to Standard View ...... Vicanglelome Naas ..........
Show More
Report tony57 January 2, 2016 4:30 PM GMT
just looking threw the card now wr..took my eye also tbh,..just waiting to see what price it will be..also looked at fairly legal for tyner?..but until its priced up its only a look..
Report snap crackle and pop January 2, 2016 4:32 PM GMT
All races are priced up there tony
Report tony57 January 2, 2016 4:46 PM GMT
thanks snap.
Report tony57 January 2, 2016 4:55 PM GMT
@5/1 is worth a bet..fairly legal too short imo so just vic for me couldn't have tudor city? I know its getting a stone and with martin who knows?
Report tony57 January 2, 2016 4:57 PM GMT
favourite in the bumper by PIVOTAL?
Report snap crackle and pop January 2, 2016 5:48 PM GMT
Yes
Report pa lapsy January 2, 2016 6:06 PM GMT
Interesting(and poor as you say) race WR,see Tudor City has been cut already. He got a lot of chat on this forum before.Was going for a shockin race at Hexham til abandoned and ran an odd race since at Wetherby in a heavy ground poorish maiden. Wasn't too hard on him that day but i questioned whether he stayed as well,at 6/4 i won't be paying to find out.
Of the Market leaders don't like Jack Slade,think your one,Tangled Web who ran well after a lay-off til weakening and solid enough Courageous Cry will be involved but hard to choose one though all an ew price.
Liked the way Rolling Rocket(2/1) in the next has won his couple,that will be my interest.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 2, 2016 6:07 PM GMT
Kitten Rock only has to stay up to win, a classy hurdler not far behind the best around and looks to make an even better chaser, Bellshills is obviously respected but not in the same league as KR, anything can win the bumper with none of the usual top bumper stables represented, a good method in these rare cases are jockey bookings, so go with the best jockey, so if having a bet Katie Walshs mount will do for me.
Report keen leader January 2, 2016 7:49 PM GMT
The Turf ClubD.G. Hogan, rider of Tudor City, trained by A.J.Martin, reported to the Stewards' Secretaries that his mount did not handle the ground and was reaching at the hurdles, before staying on past tired horses. The Turf Club Veterinary Officer examined Tudor City, trained by A.J.Martin, at the request of the Stewards and reported the animal to be post race normal. Samples were taken for analysis. The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Tudor City, ridden by D.G. Hogan, and trained by A.J.Martin. Evidence was heard from the rider and from Mick Cromwell, authorised representative for the trainer. D.G. Hogan, stated that his instructions were to jump off towards the rear, settle his mount as quickly as possible and to ride his mount to get the trip, bearing in mind that it's best form is over a mile. He further added that their were concerns about the ground and at one point he had expected it to be a non runner. He said his mount settled well but reached at some of the hurdles and from four furlongs out began to lean left handed which he put down to tiredness on the ground, before staying on one paced in the closing stages. Mick Cromwell, confirmed the instructions given and expressed his satisfaction with the ride. He outlined the past wind problems this horse had and stated that he had ran in the past with a tongue tie. He confirmed that the ground was a concern and felt that in order to stay the trip he would need more favourable ground conditions in the future. The Stewards also received a report from the Turf Club Veterinary Officer who stated that Tudor City was found to be post race normal. (Samples were taken for analysis). Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards noted the explanations offered and advised D. G. Hogan to be seen to make more of an effort in the future. Mr. Patrick Barry, Chairman of the Stewards, absented himself from this enquiry and Mr. Con O'Mahony, acted as chairman.

the above is the transcript from the turf club on the inquiry after the limerick run of tudor city...connections we can assume were absolved on that occasion because the horse as mick Cromwell said does not stay 2 miles on soft ground.................so...........

1---what the hell is this horse doing running over 2 miles on heavy ground?...that fact alone if one is to believe the limerick story should lead to the trainer being called in before racing tomorrow and forced to withdraw the horse....because those that may punt or contemplate punting the horse are burning their money if we are to believe the truth as was told to the limerick stipes.

2- assuming the naas stipes do not have the liathriodies to enact the above, should the horse happen to have had a miraculous change in his ground preferences during the past ten weeks and just happens to win tomorrow, then the spotlight will be upon the naas stipes to act and refer the matter to the turf club, and then, they once and for all can lay down a marker.
Report tony57 January 2, 2016 7:54 PM GMT
welldone kl..
Report workrider January 2, 2016 7:54 PM GMT
A headache for A.J.so. Too run or not too run ...Either way hes in trouble .
Report wildmanfromborneo January 2, 2016 7:59 PM GMT
Bellshill is not in the same race as Kitten Rock never mind the same league.

You can't have a bet in the Vicangelome race because of Tudor City and his trainer.
We know he has been having a look his last few runs,incredibly getting Dennis Hogan to ride him in Wetherby.

Gary OBrien naps Tudor City tomorrow which means you should get a try but I hope it loses.
White Arm had is first go yesterday but mercifully lost.

I don't know how Martin gets away with it.
Report pa lapsy January 2, 2016 8:58 PM GMT
With the very little i know about breeding it would suggest he should stay and well enough at that but is there any possibility he doesn't(on heavyish in any case)?
I know it makes a mockery of his campaigning if he doesn't as your posts are alluding to KL(cracking post) and should in theory be at Dundalk or a summer campaign,a good watch now.
Report dj876 January 2, 2016 9:00 PM GMT
Vomit invoking..get off the floor price-wise.
Report Arklearkle January 2, 2016 9:02 PM GMT
Sadly no matter what transpires tomorrow no action of any significance will be taken. Same old, same old.
Report pa lapsy January 2, 2016 9:11 PM GMT
What is wrong with you robothead? That is your style alright,wait an hop on,a prik of the highest order.
Report dj876 January 2, 2016 9:14 PM GMT
Cracking post Keen Leader.

Only a couple of days ago you were rejoicing in how the likes of whatsforuwontgobyu was campaigned.

Make up your mind!

A bigger rim-licking hypocritical spoofer you couldn't find.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 2, 2016 9:19 PM GMT
Why so angry DJ.

I think all are in agreement with the disgusting way Martin campaigns his horses.

Some of us have different emphasis.
Report pa lapsy January 2, 2016 9:22 PM GMT
Before Keen Leader posted i did and i said i was unsure if Tudor City stayed at Wetherby,Keen Leader i think answered that and did it well on what i thought,a cracking post for my benefit anyway.
You are twisting in regards the Mcmanus handicappers at Leopardstown,if you couldn't show a shred of admiration for Eddie Harty that is up to yourself.
Go away now Mr dj876 and don't be annoying me.
Report pa lapsy January 2, 2016 9:37 PM GMT
You are fairly bitter yourself this evening dj,
Go away and relax for yourself Laugh
Report dj876 January 2, 2016 9:40 PM GMT
Pious Pa should go back a few posts.

How can anyone expect to have any tolerance when conversing with dimwits like Tony57 and a disingenuous charlatan like you?
Report pa lapsy January 2, 2016 9:45 PM GMT
Robothead fails to see why anyone can just be interested in horseracing,above everyone and all beneath him,i'll rephrase it,a sanctimoniuos prik of the highest order.
Report tony57 January 2, 2016 9:49 PM GMT
thinks hes someone pa, how dare we disagree, your no better than anyone else on here dj, lots of  crap you spout,you want to look in the mirror..
Report The Gotchee January 2, 2016 10:02 PM GMT
pa and Tony are two of the best contributors on this forum.

dj is an ar$ehole
Report snap crackle and pop January 2, 2016 10:10 PM GMT
^^^^^ Village signing in ^^^^^
Report TellTheKing January 2, 2016 10:11 PM GMT
Please Widman, some posters on this forum are still recovering from White Arm not collecting. A gamble 18 months in the making going awry at the final moment.

Kitten Rock met with a mishap recently hence missing Leopardstown. This, allied with the softly softly approach taken at the start of the season, means they are very much on the backfoot going into tomorrow. I’d be surprised if Shaneshill isn’t extremely strong in the market. Long term I would have Kitten Rock as the preferred candidate for the Arkle and will hopefully drift after tomorrow’s race.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 3, 2016 2:00 AM GMT
Easy mistake to make wildman, Shaneshill,Bellshill, Yorkhill, all the bleeding same, is Wylie naming these creatures or what's the crack?
Report callitasucit January 3, 2016 8:22 AM GMT
Stone Hard looks a cracking play in the novice hurdle.

Fair enough Bellshill was impressive the last day, and will be tough to beat, but I would be very sweet on Stone Hard accounting for the others. I was hoping for anything evens or over in the without market, so with him hovering about 2.9 to place, that will be a cracking bet.

Anibale Fly beat absolutely nought on hurdles debut, and may not appreciate todays slog at this stage of his career.

Marikoush done well to win having gone off to fats the day, but with Beau Mome flopping, he also beat little.

Stone Hard's maiden win bears much more scrutiny, and though jumping deplorably til exiting(a poor unseat) last time, he will push the jolly close if the have ironed out that problem.

He will relish the ground and every yard of the trip, and has far more scope than the other two with a chance.
Report mincer11 January 3, 2016 9:08 AM GMT
Kitten rock is the most over rated horse in this country. Shaneshill will take that thing asunder today and as for him winning the Arkle , if that happens id eat Paddy Docherty's underpants and then take him on in some bare knuckle action afterwards
Report CheltenhamRoar January 3, 2016 11:05 AM GMT
If Willie trained KR ye could reverse the prices, I'll stick to my guns and have had a good go at the kitten
Report workrider January 3, 2016 11:10 AM GMT
Good man Chelt, the games all about opinions, sometimes one has to stick to their guns...
Report tony57 January 3, 2016 12:06 PM GMT
indeed fairplay to chealts..to much trying to belittle people on here if there opinion goes wrong..
Report workrider January 3, 2016 12:08 PM GMT
Off to Naas ,Tony if you want give me a ring later...
Report tony57 January 3, 2016 12:11 PM GMT
thanks wr..I,ll call you for bumper...have a great day
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2016 12:15 PM GMT
As regards the naming CR, all three horses were bought out of the Dennison academy in Antrim. The unfortunate Briar Hill was another. The general theme for names there seems to be place names in the locality. Graham Whylie may play second fiddle to Rich Ricci but he certainly gets a fair crack at buying good horses by the looks of it.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 3, 2016 12:18 PM GMT
Thanks lads drifting now ShockedLaugh

Cheers TTK, interesting, I knew there had to be some sort of theme to the naming of them horses,
All very useful amazingly.
Report norn iron January 3, 2016 12:18 PM GMT
HURRY HENRY NAP

MINELLA ON LINE EW INVICTA LAKE  SUSSEX NATIONAL

LAST DAY ON THE BEER TIL CHELTHappy
Report tony57 January 3, 2016 12:37 PM GMT
enjoy norn..by the way I have you tats badge for Thursday
Report keen leader January 3, 2016 12:38 PM GMT
i think there may be a profit to be had out of the first race.

I think there is little downside to backing missyspet each way at 8/1 without the top 2 in the market with b365, I would make her about a 2/1 shot in that market just behind Melbourne lady, bar a fall missyspet should cop the place element of the bet. I also think missyspet to place in the outright market at 100/30 to 7/2 is a more than fair offer.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 3, 2016 1:28 PM GMT
Ah had a mare there,great shout mincer not much danger of you eating paddy dohertys underpants
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2016 1:32 PM GMT
Jesus Kitten Rock ran a shocker. I expected him to run a race something similar to Sizing Codelco’s performance. Even allowing for major fitness concerns he was beaten a long way out. His last two runs have probably been his two worst of his life. Put down his ordinary chasing debut to seasonal debut. However, today was worrying given that it’s not long ago he ragged Glens Melody and performed with credit in the CH.

Chin up CR, I think Callit’s take on Stone Hard will be proved correct and recoup your losses.
Report tony57 January 3, 2016 1:40 PM GMT
very disappointing ttk..I liked him last season but today was poor.
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2016 1:59 PM GMT
About as bad a run as one of Willie’s has ever put in there from Stone Hard. Truly deplorable performance. There’s plenty of bugs going around the yards in the past month or so due to the weather. Only thing I can think of is that it’s made its way into Closutton.
Report dj876 January 3, 2016 2:23 PM GMT
Obviously more than one yard in Closutton but out of the last 15 races (multiple runners in many) WPM has had runners,they have won 10 of them including 4 grade ones. One horse running under form (with proven form in that discipline) is an anomaly rather than a trend.

I am not sure how you can square the stable form with the possibility of a bug with the probability that many of the novice hurdlers are kept together.

Bookies are surely going to be extremely cautious at the festival . I don't think there has ever being a scenario where you can almost guarantee that a trainer will produce his runners to dominate at a meeting and ridden by the greatest ever NH jockey.

Have punters ever had it so good? How many of Willies don't run to their previous form shown in that discipline in similar conditions and we know he always leaves more improvement for Cheltenham.
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2016 2:35 PM GMT
Petit Parisienne was very strongly fancied yesterday but ran desperate. Whiteout ran lamentably and Nambour should have possibly have run better. Obviously small sample but, while his horses always improve as we get closer to March, it’s rare he has many that run terrible for no reason. It’s purely speculation on my part as regards Willie’s yard but I do know of several other yards being affected by it. With all the race days / schooling races his horses attend it wouldn’t be hard for a horse to bring something back into the yard. It’s something I’ll be keeping in mind for the next few weeks anyway.

Early contender for ride of the month from Andrew Lynch there. Real horseman’s ride where it wasn’t all about brute force.
Report dj876 January 3, 2016 2:42 PM GMT
Petite Parisiene would seem to have not trained on as her run at Naas was also deplorable,not too unusual for juvenile hurdlers

Nambour's maiden hurdle form was extremely limited with the second and third have being stuffed out of sight subsequently.

Whiteout has being on the go since last February (12 races)

Strange viewpoint given the stable's current form  but you're entitled to your opinion.
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2016 3:03 PM GMT
Willie expected Petit to finish ahead of Gitane is what I was told by someone that would know. Not a fan of her so stayed away but there was long faces afterwards. While Nambour’s form wouldn’t set you alight he is also well thought of and looked bang ordinary in Punchestown. I wouldn’t exactly say that Whiteout has been abused with racing. Blazer also never went a yard (even if that race was a big ask for him). River Run seemed to disappoint given his SP. It wasn’t the trip alone that beat Arctic fire either.

All the above could have perfectly genuine reasons for running below expectations. However, there may be something more to it. Looking at it again there will be very little NH racing in the next few weeks so it may remain an unsubstantiated theory.

Hopefully WR following in Tyner’s horse. Must have a look at the replay again, couldn’t make out first time around whether Tudor City stumbled or cocked his jaw into the last.
Report tobywong. January 3, 2016 3:06 PM GMT
absolutely delighted for the martin crew !!
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2016 3:08 PM GMT
Martin’s certainly stays two miles on testing ground anyway!
Report tobywong. January 3, 2016 3:09 PM GMT
absolutely ttk
Report dj876 January 3, 2016 3:18 PM GMT
No yard can win every race but it would be unusual for a stable to have won 66% of the races they have contested in the last week despite a bug and couldn't disagree more with the suggestion of a virus at WPMS.

Tudor City was essentially weak enough in the market(desperate race) with a BSP of 3.2 despite 3 non runners and a 15 cent rule 4 on early prices.
Report huddys January 3, 2016 3:19 PM GMT
Well done workrider,
Report newapproach January 3, 2016 3:42 PM GMT
It is inevitable with how mild the weather has been this year that certain horses are going to get bugs but it doesn't necessarily have to spread to every horse in the yard. Mullins have obviously been in fine form but there has been a few disappointments and no other reason has come to light and the suggestion has been that some might have been suffering with sickness a little bet. This is further complicated with mulins with the amount of horses and multiple yards as already mentioned here.

In addition to the one's mentioned, morning run and artic fire also disappointed over christmas. Even though stamina was a doubt for both, they still raised no gallop at all and may heve suffering from a little illness.

Hendeson was talking yesterday about some of his horses having bugs despite excellent recent form but it has just affected some not all of the horses which is natural.
Report callitasucit January 3, 2016 8:34 PM GMT
Stone Hard ran an absolute shocker alright.

Clearly not his running, for whatever reason. Maybe he is hurting. His jumping the last day may in hindsight be the sign of something more serious.

I'm not getting on the Bellshill bandwagon just yet.
Report snap crackle and pop January 3, 2016 9:10 PM GMT
Well done workrider, nice winner
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2016 9:12 PM GMT
There wasn't one offensive word in it,there were no nuanced insults just a straight forward recommendation for Vicangelome.

I wasn't taken with Bellshill either if anything Last Encounter was closing going to the line.
Report The Gotchee January 3, 2016 9:41 PM GMT
Well done workrider, different gravy.
Report mincer11 January 3, 2016 9:45 PM GMT
^^^^^^^  Complete ape signing in ^^^^^^^
Report kavvie January 3, 2016 10:12 PM GMT
well done workrider   a great contributer to the forum and a great reader of a race and of how a horse looks etc..
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2016 10:12 PM GMT
Two of Callitasucits posts gone,neither were offensive.

The forum has become a farce.
Report workrider January 3, 2016 10:13 PM GMT
Thanks lads ,very strange removal alright ,all I said was that it won its bumper doing handsprings on heavy going or words to that effect , and that they thought highly of it , nothing detrimental in that.
Report callitasucit January 3, 2016 10:23 PM GMT
What posts were scrubbed WM?
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2016 10:24 PM GMT
Apologies they remain in all their glory,I was looking at the wrong thread.

I think its time for the leaba.
Report callitasucit January 3, 2016 10:26 PM GMT
Be gone when you wake though!!
Report CheltenhamRoar January 3, 2016 10:28 PM GMT
The only thing I can think that may have irked someone was the mention of Martin in one or two posts though I can't recall if WR made reference to him in his op, great call though,WD.
Report workrider January 3, 2016 10:30 PM GMT
Thanks Chelt, no not a mention of the man , he was right below me on the stands during the race .
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2016 10:33 PM GMT
The Freedom Fighter Award winner had it removed.

He has perfected this art,he disgraced himself on here but managed to remove his own posts in the past.
Report freddiek January 3, 2016 10:38 PM GMT
this is getting a bit bizarre..callits post on the GAA thread has been zapped too. seems he's not allowed say anything!
Report snap crackle and pop January 3, 2016 10:44 PM GMT
FFS I didn't even say anything offensive at all in that post
Report snap crackle and pop January 3, 2016 10:44 PM GMT
He*
Report kavvie January 3, 2016 10:50 PM GMT
snap and callit all the one..who would have guessed it!!
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 3, 2016 10:54 PM GMT
KAVVIE, will you be at the coursing this year. ??   bit worried about booking too early as the weather is so volatile. !!!
Report snap crackle and pop January 3, 2016 10:54 PM GMT
Ah stop it kavvie! A genuine typo on my behalf!

Happens to the best of us!
Report CheltenhamRoar January 3, 2016 11:04 PM GMT
LaughLaughGrin
Report kavvie January 3, 2016 11:05 PM GMT
yes glasgow ill be there for sure.im going 35 yr ill hardly stop now.ah itl be on ok.sure isnt the track on top of a hill.looking forward to it.my first pint of 2016 will be in clonmel hopfully.usual whispers about jets aeroplanes all around the country.!!  128 will start out oaks and derby fri morn with high hopes.. only two will be successful..snap(or callit!?!) usually gets a good handle on things after the draw.i was at a good few meetings this yr and have a few fancies.ill pm you the week before...
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 3, 2016 11:12 PM GMT
....  thanks mate, any word from you or snap would be grateful, shame about the folk at clonmel getting flooded but it seems to

be an ongoing problem as i seem to recall the river causing problems when i first went about 20 yrs ago. !!
Report snap crackle and pop January 3, 2016 11:17 PM GMT
Be in touch after the draw glasgow, take care mate
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 3, 2016 11:19 PM GMT
Happy
Report kavvie January 3, 2016 11:19 PM GMT
hopefully the waters will abate.the forecast isnt too bad i think for january..
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods January 3, 2016 11:43 PM GMT
freddiek    Joined: 06 May 10
Replies: 15105 03 Jan 16 22:38 
this is getting a bit bizarre..callits post on the GAA thread has been zapped too. seems he's not allowed say anything!
snap crackle and pop    03 Jan 16 22:44 
FFS I didn't even say anything offensive at all in that post

Well known to many already, but concrete proof that the ever-sad b@stard Callit posts as Snap. Beyond pathetic.
Report TellTheKing January 4, 2016 11:09 AM GMT
Kitten Rock supposed to have walked back in hopping lame behind.
Report tony57 January 4, 2016 12:04 PM GMT
I hope that's true ttk..at least it shows something was not right?
Report mincer11 January 4, 2016 12:34 PM GMT
Kitten Rock isnt worth a fukk and has no run that suggests otherwise.
Ivan Grozny beat him and thats not worth 2 knobbs, Abbyssial was going to beat the shiite out of it at 2m when it fell in Gowran, and they ran that over 3 miles in Cheltenham.
He's no good and they can make all the excuses they like.
Report Bigwillystyle January 4, 2016 12:54 PM GMT
Agree fully with Mincer.  He is useless and a dog aswell.
Report Bigwillystyle January 4, 2016 12:56 PM GMT
Nearly got burned by Tudor City yesterday.  Layed and kept laying it at sub 3 the night before and morning.  Didnt think they would have the cheek to go for it yesterday.
Report Bigwillystyle January 4, 2016 12:59 PM GMT
Merrion Row ran yesterday and like most of Rothwells he was tailed off.  Nice horse who would be a 130+ if with any decent trainer.

This fella must have some dirt on a lot of people to have the amount of horses he has.
Report snap crackle and pop January 4, 2016 1:12 PM GMT
Amazing how quickly downhill Merrion Row went after winning a competitive winners bumper at Galway first time out
Report TheWasp January 4, 2016 7:59 PM GMT
Well done wonks a badly needed winner at last
Report workrider January 4, 2016 10:36 PM GMT
Thanks Waspy , sarcasism noted....Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com