Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
27 Dec 15 21:49
| Topic/replies: 12,625 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
In the Lexus itself i think Don Poli is a very poor price at 1/2,on his pluses he is highest rated,Coopers pick,pleasing comeback beating a 167 rated despite tack problems,the last part he did do but thought he looked laboured for a long way through the race,couldn't fault resolution. Negatives maybe and i hate saying it Cooper himself,got a few nasty ones the last two days with the other Don and Tombstone,lack of experience as only 3rd run outside novice company,i'm not sure he has beat a lot to date.
Sir des Champs has run creditabley in this the last two years,really was struck by the amount of ground he made up at Thurles on seasonal,Rubi Light tbf is only very fair but the manner that day quite breath-taking.
At 4/1+ that will do.
Show More
Report pa lapsy December 27, 2015 10:06 PM GMT
Of course should have read "has run creditably in this the last two tries"
I'm going into bed before i'm told to.Love
Report TellTheKing December 27, 2015 10:23 PM GMT
Fantastic card in Leopardstown tomorrow, hopefully the weather doesn’t play any havoc with the racing.

On of the most interesting runners for me is Herminator. I am surprised that Willie is playing game by allowing his enthusiastic owner ride the horse. Obviously a condition of training the horse but didn’t think Willie would have much interest in that stuff.
Report workrider December 27, 2015 11:29 PM GMT
Childrens List went into my notebook the other day at Navan ,so will be very tempted with the 8/1 on offer ,can't see this out of the frame dispite Ruby riding Willies other one ,a smashing e/w price ...Really good card there tomorrow .
Report cloone river December 27, 2015 11:38 PM GMT
1.20 Blair Perrone.1.55    Alpha Des.12.45 Mall Dini
Report guinness2dear December 28, 2015 12:33 AM GMT
Agree with Blair Perrone. There's a decent race in this fella somewhere.
Report norn iron December 28, 2015 8:33 AM GMT
LEOP  FANCIES

BAILY HOME   EW

JIMMY TWO SHOES    EW NAP THE  SUPERB   DECLAN LAVERY IS THE MOST UNDER USED CLAIMER RIDING     (THINK JPS ROLL IT OUT WILL GO CLOSE WITHOUT MY £ AS   COST ME LOADS  ) 

BLAIR PERONNE  EW

ALPHA DE OBEAUX   WON HIS P2P 3 MILE ON HEAVY  SO THINK TODAY THIS BE RIGHT UP HIS STREET   

WHATSFORUWONTGOBYYOU

SIR DES CHAMPS  AND DEF SAVER ON CARLINGFORD LOUGH   REV4CAST

THE BUMPER  BOTH THESE TAKE MY FANCY 

I DO LIKE HORSES HAVE  RUN WELL IN HURDLES THEN GO BACK TRY WIN BUMPER    =    BROKEN SOUL    100/1 RAN CRACKER BEHING ANNIBALE  FLY   SO  NINA  WILL TAKE ALL THE BEATING

TAILSPIN OVERPRICED  66/1 ON HIS CLOSE FOURTH IN VERY GOOD NAVAN  BUMPER THE 2ND  NOW LET GO WON THE CHAMPION BUMPER @PUNCH AND  FEW WINNERS CAME OUT THE NAVAN RACE
Report TheFear December 28, 2015 9:17 AM GMT
worst lexus for a few years
Report newapproach December 28, 2015 9:48 AM GMT
Agree with you norn about jimmy two times and alpha des obeaux - jimmy will love step up back in trip and alpha looks the solid one in the 3 mile hurdle as I very much doubt artic fire will stay.

I also backed fade in in the 3.20 @ Limerick. He was a massive eye-catcher last time and looks well handicapped on bumper form.
Report pa lapsy December 28, 2015 11:09 AM GMT
Surprised Limerick got go ahead,some wind outside and rain just starting,a manky day with a brutal forecast the next few days.
Herminator could be anything but Elusive Ivy looks the solid option for me in that race,bit in by the wall with the place part at a touch of odds against but be stunned if the mare doesn't place.
No bet but the Artic Fire race is fascinating,surely Prince of Scars will go a deent pace to try and set it up for Alpha? If 2m4f Artic would probably be 2/5,a slow pace is playing into his hands.
Best of luck with your picks today.
Report newapproach December 28, 2015 12:43 PM GMT
Big drift on byrne's here and money for roll it out. I think they have to finish in the firs 5 to qualify for the pertemps final so it should be an interesting race. I'm sticking with Jimmy two times in this.
Report newapproach December 28, 2015 12:45 PM GMT
must finish in the 1st 6 according to gary o'brien
Report guinness2dear December 28, 2015 1:27 PM GMT
If anyones close to Denise at Leppers can ye please chin the twunt for me....

TIA.
Report pa lapsy December 28, 2015 1:30 PM GMT
Desperate ride,i honestly thought he was a non jigger for most of the race,not a word from rte.
Report guinness2dear December 28, 2015 1:44 PM GMT
If it wasn't so painful, Lapsy, i would love to watch him on the run in again because i'm sure he was hiding from the rain..
Report callitasucit December 28, 2015 2:18 PM GMT
Anything above evens on Carlingford Lough in the 3 places market on here, looks a good bet.

I wouldn't be so sure SDC is as good as he was. Foxrock too has plenty to prove at the moment, and its quite possible the race will be run very much to suit CL rather than the two strong stayers at the head of the market.

Its a lot easier see him top 3 than not IMO.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 28, 2015 2:44 PM GMT
SDC has no chance ffs should be 100/1, has never lived up to the hype, couldn't win an awful GC, has been injured and will bounce today,
Don't waste your money, massive lay for me.
Report callitasucit December 28, 2015 3:05 PM GMT
DP tempting now at 1.69.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 28, 2015 3:15 PM GMT
Russell thrashed the life out of first lieutenant there, looked awful that.
Report kavvie December 28, 2015 3:27 PM GMT
cooper rode a good race..fair play to the young man
Report guinness2dear December 28, 2015 5:54 PM GMT
Below is the Stewards report into the running and riding of Blair Perrone who finished second in the Ballymaloe Foods Beginners Chase at Leopardstown.
The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Blair Perrone, placed second, ridden by D.F. O'Regan and trained by A.J.Martin.

Evidence was heard from the rider and trainer concerned. D.F. O'Regan stated that his instructions were to get his mount settled as he is a keen horse that wears a hood, give him room to jump away and do the best he could from there.

He felt that he gave him a great ride, crept away while his jumping brought him into the race after the third last fence and from thereon he nursed him along until into the straight when the horses in front of him emptied and he stayed on to the line until his own horse emptied close to the line.

He said that from past experience the horse doesn't respond to the whip. In his opinion, this is the way he'd like to ride him in future races.

A.J.Martin confirmed the instructions and stated that he was satisfied with the ride. He said that the horse is a worrier who lives on his nerves and was racing today for the first time over 2 miles and 3 furlongs.

He felt that the rider gave him a chance to get home over this longer trip and stated that he would not like the whip used on this horse.

As for future plans, he stated that he would look to run him on similar ground and back to the minimum 2 mile trip in races such as the Arkle Chase here in Leopardstown.

The Stewards also received a report from the Turf Club Veterinary Officer who stated that Blair Perrone was lame in front post race.

Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards noted the explanations offered and took no further action.
Report guinness2dear December 28, 2015 5:55 PM GMT
Oh i missed summat...

Laugh I do love vets..
Report CheltenhamRoar December 28, 2015 6:01 PM GMT
Davy Russell hit first lieutenant 13 times down the neck after the last, truly horrific.
Report cloone river December 28, 2015 6:23 PM GMT
Russell gets one day.Looked bad the way he used the whip.
Report pa lapsy December 29, 2015 2:09 AM GMT
Nwful day for me and most i,d imagine.
G2D bumped into Keano in the Rob Roy, suppose fair play he wants christmas at home.Few beardy feens outside the Capital handing  out discover islam pamphlets,surprised they can get away with it.
you were robbed today.
Report guinness2dear December 29, 2015 11:59 AM GMT
Can't get their own republic so want an Islamic one.

Chance missed for them today as their is no doubt (for me) he should have won. Denise makes me laugh all the same; undoubted talent but i suspect the 15th club went missing somewhere in Ferdys barn. I used to say ye could tell how much he fancied the one he was riding by the height his arse went up in the air, Cash Asmussen like in some respects. I do wish the men in hats would have asked him why he was looking for 10 cents on the ground all the way up the run in though. Maybe Ferdy taught him that as well.

Thanks for the freds over Chrimbo, Lapsy. Most enjoyable and see ye soon.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2016 9:13 PM GMT
ROLL ON 2016
ROLL ON Twenty 16
ROLL ON 2000 & 16

3.00 Leopardstown Wednesday for the Grade 1 LEXUS CHASE 28th Dec 2016

DjakADAM is your 2/1 WINNER, according to RUBY in an interview with Brian Gleeson on St. Stephen Day.....
...with VALSEUR LIDO 5/2 (& Bryan Cooper), Outlander 10's, Zabana 11/1 & More Of That 16's & 2015 winner Don Poli @ 18's.

R.W also mentioned when pressed that the yard had a few good maidens for Leop & Lmk this week (nothing new there, says you)... (was tinkin of Montalbano @ 12.15) along with mentioning his fancies Vroum Vroum Mag (1.50 Leop) & Nichols Canyon (2.30 Ryanair Hurdle Thurs Leop).....and when further pressed for one, for the RTE punters, mentioned COQUIN MANS in 12.00 at LIMERICK. He was also unsure of his choices for the big ones today (Riven Light 4th & The Crafty Butcher 2nd) so may have better luck with his choice of Noble Inn 12.50 in Leop.

Will have a run thro the rest of the cards at LEOPARDSTOWN & LIMERICK soon... Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2016 10:52 PM GMT
shockster  • December 27, 2016 8:25 PM GMT 
I'm hoping Zabana comes of age. 11/1 very fair Ew bet for a 3m G1 Chase winner and ground should suit.

Would it be too much to ask for Zabana 11/1 to beat the likes of VALSEUR LIDO ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2016 11:29 PM GMT
2.15 LIMERICK Listed Hurdle.....on heavy ground

We won't see Mr DA Jacob ride too many in Limerick so take the hint on Missy Tata (Simon Munir & Isaac Souede) for Gordon Elliott in this 4 runner affair.
Missy Tata (11/10), Allblak Des Places (4), Cap Daubois (5), Swamp Fox (9).
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2016 11:36 PM GMT
1st - €17,527.50 2nd - €5,700.00 3rd - €2,850.00 4th - €1,425.00 5th - €712.50... what happens to the place money if not claimed ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 12:41 AM GMT
Might only be a two/three horse race ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 10:20 AM GMT
GET OUT the magnifying glasses for MISSY TATA Whoops Laugh
Report WWWW22 December 28, 2016 10:39 AM GMT
Don Poli to bounce back to form and lead home a 1-2 for Giggi
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 12:26 PM GMT
Ruby must know best between VALSEUR LIDO and his mount DjakADAM - having unseated and won on him in 2016 Whoops

I'm betting he wishes he was on V.Lido Devil
Report punchestown December 28, 2016 1:03 PM GMT
Did Ruby not beat him 12 Lengths in last years John Durkan?
Report norn iron December 28, 2016 1:09 PM GMT
TED  WALSH SAYS 2 HOSS RACECrazyCrazy  JACKADAM/VALSUER LIDO  I THINK ITS WIDE OPEN  BIGTIME  ANYONE TAKING 13/8 ON QUICK GROUND IS MAD
Report SoYouThink December 28, 2016 1:43 PM GMT
Road To Riches has to be worth a punt. This is his ground. I think he needs this kind of trip to be seen to best effect and he was there to win the Punchestown Gold Cup in April before he fell 2 out.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2016 11:39 PM GMT
...(was tinkin of Montalbano @ 12.15)...fancies Vroum Vroum Mag...Nichols Canyon (2.30 Ryanair Hurdle Thurs Leop)...mentioned COQUIN MANS...take the hint on Missy Tata

Obviously waiting on Nichols C tomorrow for a few accums
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2019 4:01 PM GMT
ROLL ON 2020...Twenty Twenty...2020

NOW called the SAVILLS CHASE

Monalee 6/5
Presenting Percy 7/2
Delta Work 32/5
Balko Des Flos 26
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2019 2:57 PM GMT
Oops, forgot KEMBOY P Townend 2/1/ cert

Presenting Percy D Russell 7/2
Road To Respect S Flanagan 4/1