Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mincer11
14 Dec 15 14:37
| Topic/replies: 3,016 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
He really is a beauty, a stable to follow. I'm surprised that he doesn't attract more bigger owners as his record is outstanding. Jim Culloty and himself would be vying for best young trainer accolade, although the hair gel that Paul uses might just swing it over Jims tweed jacket.
Pause Switch to Standard View Paul Nolan is a good one
Show More
Report snap crackle and pop December 14, 2015 2:45 PM GMT
Throw in Rothwell for the trifecta of up and comers
Report Racingqueen December 14, 2015 7:09 PM GMT
He's a great talker Nolan.

Useless trainer
Report Nogoody December 15, 2015 5:46 PM GMT
Is this the same P.Nolan who won a couple of Galway hurdles, a couple of races at Cheltenham and still sends the bookies running for cover when he presses the button ? He may be going through a poor patch at the moment but to group him with those other half-gob****s is a little unfair.
Report workrider December 15, 2015 5:59 PM GMT
Mincer and Snappy like to kick a man when hes down, but cry to betfair towers when anyone says anything about THEM...Best left to their own little world imo Nogoody...
Report irish_guy_13 December 15, 2015 6:21 PM GMT
No mention of Mr. (niceguy) Gorman???
Report Bigwillystyle December 15, 2015 6:32 PM GMT
Sends the bookies running for cover?  Are you having a laugh Laugh

I probably wouldn't have Nolan in the top 3 however.

1. Rothwell. Nothing else needs to be said.
2. Jim Gorman
3. ???
Report mincer11 December 15, 2015 6:55 PM GMT
Nogoody, yes its the same Paul Nolan. Nolan has trained a couple of Cheltenham winners admittedly but then again Culloty has trained 3 including the Gold Cup. There is a list as long as your arm of trainers that have tasted success at the Cheltenham festival who wouldnt be regarded as a whole load. Would the people below be regarded as masters of their profession ?
Nolan
Tom Hogan
Tom Foley
Colm Murphy
Hourigan
Rothwell
Gilligan
Taaffe
Moore
Carr
John Murphy
Report Nogoody December 15, 2015 7:38 PM GMT
I've made plenty of money out of Tom Taffe and Paul Nolan when they were on song so I suppose I can only go on my own experience.
Granted Paul Nolan is no Vincent, but who is ?
I wonder is that the same Jim Gorman who was a Jockey in the 80s, rode a couple for me back then.
Report mincer11 December 15, 2015 7:44 PM GMT
The last time Tom Taaffe and Paul Nolan were on song, so was Dickie Rock.
Paul Nolan is no Vincent, you can sing that. Hes an  ex junior hurler with brill cream, thats what he is.
Report Nogoody December 15, 2015 8:01 PM GMT
So you're agreeing that both were decent trainers at one time or another ? Does not make them bad trainers now, eff all to work with. If Defy Logic had stead sound there could have been a much rosier picture now and he could be back in fashion, which is what its all about.
Report DeargDubh December 15, 2015 8:37 PM GMT
You make an interesting point Nogoody. Is it as simple as they not having the ammunition? I wonder have they failed to keep pace with lads using more modern methods? Have others improved beyond them perhaps?
Report mincer11 December 15, 2015 9:09 PM GMT
I am certainly not agreeing that both were decent trainers at any stage. As i said plenty of no marks have made the breakthrough and there are some good ones who are still waiting.
The two trainers you mention owe plenty to the jockeys they employed. Id imagine the next time Nolan troubles the judge at Cheltenham, he wont need any gel, its grecian 2000 he will need or maybe even a rug.
Report Nogoody December 15, 2015 9:19 PM GMT
Of course its never that simple, dozens of factors can effect a trainer's career, i.e. good owners dying or going broke, a spate of injuries, a persistent virus, losing good staff or just simple hubris. Why is Jim Dreaper so out of fashion nowadays? One can almost sense poor oul' Noel Meade heading the same way.
Report mincer11 December 15, 2015 9:26 PM GMT
People take their eye off the ball, they have other interests ,and a huge factor can be drink. A large percentage of the top trainers are tee total, the ones that can get it done consistently.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 16, 2015 12:45 AM GMT
Mincer bang on the button as ever,
Report Tolmi December 16, 2015 1:20 AM GMT
There are many different factors in both becoming and remaining a top trainer.From what I can see many of those trainers who have suffered greatly in the changed landscape since the boom are those who were well established in the top twenty of NH trainers at the start of the recession and are struggling hugely now.I think there are a few reasons for this.

Many of these trainers had a business model which derived a large portion of their income from buying young stock breaking and selling on at decent profit to syndicates etc.This source of income began to dry up and instead of changing their strategy these trainers continued to try to gouge as much as possible from the few remaining owners.This often involved buying horses which gave them the opportunity to make short term profit without regard to the long term potential of the animal.This vicious circle only accelerated the decline in their owner numbers.

In addition many had lifestyles/borrowings which required a substantial income and some cut corners in an attempt to cut costs in order to maintain their profitability. Others had huge bad debts which left them in a very awkward position.

In order to compete with some of the newer kids on the block they needed to cut their fees but the overhang from the bad debts/borrowing/lifestyle issues meant that they didn't/couldnt do it until it was too late.

From my odd occasion being in the company of a racehorse trainer I am always struck by the "we can all train them if we had them attitude". None of them seem to realise that firstly they're not quite as good to train as they think and secondly " getting them" is as big a part of a successful trainer as training them.
Report snap crackle and pop December 16, 2015 11:06 AM GMT
Well said Tolmi
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 16, 2015 3:32 PM GMT
Laying their horses on 'ere didn't help either Devil
Report kavvie December 18, 2015 3:46 PM GMT
pauls training skills will be tested to the full tonight..i see  usain in the 8.30 a big mover.20s last nite.5s now generally..over to you paul!!
Report kavvie December 18, 2015 6:47 PM GMT
6/4 pp now!!
Report Bigwillystyle December 18, 2015 7:20 PM GMT
What scum powers are. It's 4.3 on here at the min! Pure and utter scum. Would say the horse will drift now they seem to have the money down. No doubt all the mugs will follow in.
Travelled well for a long way last time but def going to lay this.
Report kavvie December 18, 2015 7:28 PM GMT
i see that.they are funny ok..4.3 freely here   11/4 with lots   risk averse company!!
Report kavvie December 18, 2015 7:30 PM GMT
looked considerately handled  last time and this is 2f longer..
Report punkha1 December 18, 2015 7:30 PM GMT
Anybody that backs this @ 6/4 should be locked up for their own good.
Report kavvie December 18, 2015 7:35 PM GMT
the boys who are on at 20s have a nice bet tho!!
Report punkha1 December 18, 2015 7:58 PM GMT
Would be nice though id doubt much at all was laid at those prices.
Report Roger De Bris December 18, 2015 8:30 PM GMT
20/1 > 13/8.....Paul could be having a few extra mincepies over the Christmas.....LaughLaugh
Report mincer11 December 18, 2015 8:36 PM GMT
Paul Nolan wouldnt know if he had enough eaten, and if any further evidence was ever needed then we have witnessed it.
A sheepdog i wouldnt give him.
Report joevalue147 December 18, 2015 8:36 PM GMT
Happy christmas Paul....................
Report Roger De Bris December 18, 2015 8:39 PM GMT
Hair gel in the post for Tom Madden as well....
Report kavvie December 18, 2015 8:39 PM GMT
doesnt inspire confidence when you see his name!!
Report Bigwillystyle December 18, 2015 8:40 PM GMT
Like printing money!!!  Happy Christmas BigWilly
Report canthavehim December 18, 2015 9:07 PM GMT
he is no charles byrnes
Report canthavehim December 18, 2015 9:07 PM GMT
he is no charles byrnes
Report kavvie December 18, 2015 9:15 PM GMT
miley byrne maybe!!
Report workrider December 18, 2015 10:01 PM GMT
Laugh Kavvie..
Report CALLING CARD December 18, 2015 11:33 PM GMT
Tony Gorman was the jockey in the mid 80'S , hes an assistant toRichard Hannon now .
Jim has a stationary supply business before he came to the training game, firstly buying Brownstown Lodge and then getting MADDENSTOWN lodge former home of Liam Browne . Very lucky getting patronage from firstly Sean Coughlan and then the Foley family ,. Numbers have dwindled now and he is low on number
Mincer your list is quite apt , most of those trainers are now well past sell by date.
Time waits for no man etc.
could we add the Stacks to the list, and be interesting to see what will become of Noel Meade and John M Oxx over the next few years.
Pat Flynn another Cheltenham winning trainer who has only trained a few 47-65 winners in the last few years.
Tracy Collins and Paul Deegan wont survive in my opinion either
Report mitch leary December 19, 2015 2:15 PM GMT
You can't do the business without the horses.
Report mincer11 December 19, 2015 2:52 PM GMT
Golan lodge wins a Fairyhouse bumper when trained by Liz Doyle, and is subsequently and inexplicably transferred to hair gel Paul.
Disgraced himself on every run until today and just gets touched off in a walking race over 3m against absolute dogmeat.
Report Nogoody December 21, 2015 10:00 AM GMT
Mincer, I was confounded by your obsession with Paul Nolan's hair until I looked up your name on Urban Slang.Now I've no problem with you or your kind, live and let live is what I say, don't knock it 'til you've tried it, in other words. I am aware that some men with your preferences tend to have a feminine side but your bitchiness is a puzzle, perhaps he rejected your advances on some occasion ? Have you come out yet ?

P.s., if you are a woman, please ignore the above.
Report CheltenhamRoar December 21, 2015 10:55 AM GMT
^^ Morning Paul
Report Nogoody December 21, 2015 1:56 PM GMT
You got me,Laugh, but besides that,am I right or am I right ? Maybe it was a subconscious thing when he was choosing his Nom-de Plume or maybe he was called Mincer at school and didn't understand why, but it seems a bit suspect to me.
Report Ozymandius December 21, 2015 4:01 PM GMT
Have you considered doing stand-up comedy with Wonky?  A retro Bernard Manning tribute act.
Report mincer11 December 21, 2015 4:05 PM GMT
Nogoody, this isnt even my account you absolute dunkey so your assumption of my sexuality may well be slightly skewed.
My bitchiness towards Nolan and his hair stems from a low level of intolerance towards bluffers and shapers.
I always have a question mark over people who  wear hair gel in their late 40's, soccer players who wear gloves, people who dye the grey out of their hair, ones who wear rugs, and ones that put streaks in it.
I cant take the likes of Nolan seriously when hes lobbing that stuffin his hair.
Report Nogoody December 21, 2015 4:18 PM GMT
An awful lot of things p-i-s-s me off as well, Mincer, so I can see from whence you are coming,Crazy, some mornings I don't wake up in a murderous rage, but that generally doesn't last too long.
Anyways, you didn't answer my question, in or out? Wink
Report mincer11 December 21, 2015 4:42 PM GMT
I didnt answer your question as I dont feel that its the business of anybody else but myself. and particularly of somebody on an anonymous forum that i dont even know. You can think what you like, if you have me under the homosexual banner, well that wouldnt worry me in the slightest whether i was gay or not.
All i can say is that the account under this name is not actually my own, i have never heard of urban slang in my life, and up until today i was unaware of any implied sexual connutation.
Report pa lapsy December 21, 2015 5:59 PM GMT
Mincer i was trying to tell ya about your name connatation before but it went over your head,tis kinda Graham Nortonesque, Paulie was a good one. I,m not in the slightest bit bothered if you're that way inclined btw.
Report mincer11 December 21, 2015 6:51 PM GMT
Pa, i actually remember that now as you say it.
Report workrider December 21, 2015 7:11 PM GMT
I see Ozy getting involved in your defense Mincer , never a good sign mate...
Report CALLING CARD December 21, 2015 8:30 PM GMT
the real mincer letting a person of indeterminable sexual preference post under his account name , so who is this masked person (jimeen by any chance).
Report pa lapsy January 7, 2016 5:52 PM GMT
Certainly no "Bolt", easy to get the impression of a bit of reluctance for the books to price it up(surely imminent), will surely be evasive but to what degree?
Report mincer11 February 28, 2016 4:11 PM GMT
The wrong weight cloths put on his horses today, therefore none could win before they even started.
Never mind the weights though, hopefully the gel was apportioned properly when he was applying it.
Report Dan Chipowski February 28, 2016 5:18 PM GMT
039D Irish Stallion Farms EBF Novice S'chase

The Stewards received a report from the Clerk of the Scales, Mr.Hugh Hynes, that M.P. Fogarty, rider of Fine Article,placed fifth, weighed in approximately 13 lbs overweight and Jack Kennedy, rider of I'm All You Need,placed second, weighed in approximately 13 lbs light. Evidence was heard from the rider concerned and also from Paul Nolan, trainer of both horses. The trainer stated that he inadvertently put the lead cloth on the wrong horse, having become distracted when saddling Fine Article, who was very fractious. Having considered the evidence, the Stewards disqualified I'm All You Need, in accordance with Rule 231 and fined the trainer €500, in accordance with Rule 36(iii).
Report Racingqueen April 20, 2016 7:04 PM BST
what a cracking job hes doing with Fine Article Laugh
Report Racingqueen April 20, 2016 7:05 PM BST
The Stewards received a report from the Clerk of the Scales, Mr.Hugh Hynes, that M.P. Fogarty, rider of Fine Article,placed fifth, weighed in approximately 13 lbs overweight and Jack Kennedy, rider of I'm All You Need,placed second, weighed in approximately 13 lbs light. Evidence was heard from the rider concerned and also from Paul Nolan, trainer of both horses. The trainer stated that he inadvertently put the lead cloth on the wrong horse, having become distracted when saddling Fine Article, who was very fractious. Having considered the evidence, the Stewards disqualified I'm All You Need, in accordance with Rule 231 and fined the trainer €500, in accordance with Rule 36(iii).

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 21, 2016 12:58 AM BST
insideinfo  • April 20, 2016 9:02 PM BST 
anyone think mincie mincer and racing queen poof are one the same t0sser..

wrong weight cloths

Must have logged-in with the wrong a/c.
Report CheltenhamRoar April 21, 2016 1:09 AM BST
Everyone is one and the same according to inside gimpo
Report Racingqueen April 21, 2016 2:15 AM BST
spot on roar. inside info like a seething mess in his bean tin infested bedsit. Every so often popping his head up to seeth away Laugh

catchmeifyoucan obviously wasted on this site with his in depth Nicholls/mullins thread.......(((anyone responded yet CM?)))

Laugh
Report insideinfo April 21, 2016 9:32 AM BST
whereas you can be found seething here 24/7 mincie/racing queenie Laugh
Report insideinfo April 21, 2016 9:44 AM BST
and what would you know cheltenhambore you great waste of space,hanging round the forum like a bad smell hoping to be tossed a crumb from your hero callit.you never did quite get over being dumped by your sister did you! Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com