Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
17 Nov 15 12:08
| Topic/replies: 12,625 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
Lady riders chase is probably not a right race to be looking at,maybe more so when what looks could well be the main two protagonists havn't got a rider declared, still we will try and make an opinion on it.
Obvious starting point is the 7th of Nov race where On the Shannon stayed on well to win and Rightville Boy weakened into 4th after being with the winner up the straight,big turnaround in weight of 12lb (inc claim). I think it will be confirmed as over 2m5f On the Shannon seems more of a stayer, his form last 2 years was mainly consistent and his run against better rated horses at Punchestown (messy race tbf) stands out,could Katie Walsh be on tomorrow?  Oliver Kiernans quote of him hoping he can get into big race handicaps is telling and off 109 would want to be moving up if that is to come to fruition.
Finea is interesting,way too highly tried last twice, his runs have mainly been on better ground though in the process of being involved when soft at Tipp til a bit of an unlucky fall 2 out,very slow to discount.
I'm not gone on the rest, Better B Quick(Moonclone Lane behind last time),Tomdeely,Coolnamoora Giggs have bits of form to say they could run well,still think that is a fair bit behind the top weighted two.
My tissue would be,

On the Shannon 10/3, Rightville Boy 4/1, Finea 5/1 8/1 bar,  The jocks could well affect that if a name gets on either of the top 2.

Elsewhere on the card interesting runners with the well touted Open Eagle in the opener and the Florida Pearl colours in the last.
Pause Switch to Standard View 3.15 Fairyhouse
Show More
Report easygold November 18, 2015 2:20 PM GMT
TTK, punters on here back odds on shots that never jumped an obstacle.......... every week........
Report ko2 November 18, 2015 2:46 PM GMT
dunroe boy isnt out of it and looks worth a bet at the prices available
Report kavvie November 18, 2015 2:51 PM GMT
tony your throwing in the winners of late..well informed and shrewd
Report TellTheKing November 18, 2015 3:11 PM GMT
Substantial changes in the bumper market. Mullins has gone 4/5 with Kiely's holding steady. Katie & Nina's have slipped out quite a bit.

I can't hep but feel if Merry Night was strongly fancied that he would be much shorter off the back of the earlier wins for two stablemates. The next 30 minutes should give a more definitive picture of what's expected.
Report kavvie November 18, 2015 3:35 PM GMT
wp says on  the website he expects it to win..seldom he comes straight out and says that..i know i know the market will determine etc but its intresting!
Report pa lapsy November 18, 2015 3:37 PM GMT
Didn't think that was Katies finest,was level with the  winner 3 out and was 6l behind jumping the 2nd last, winner couldn't have been picked. Thought Robbie sat a bit far back in the 2.45 as well.
Well done Up for Review backers,really seemed to love the tough conditions.
Report TellTheKing November 18, 2015 3:58 PM GMT
Small World never looked like getting involved. Very disappointing that he wasn't able to keep up in a moderate race.

Easy to see why Merry Night was started off over 2m4f, fairly slow.
Report mincer11 November 18, 2015 4:31 PM GMT
The ground was terrible there today, but both On The Shannon and Merry Night got poor drives.
The former was particularly bad, what she was doing from the home bend , i will never know. In the last race, Mullins went from controlling the race all the way, to letting the others crowd him out of it, by virtue of the fact that he fell asleep. considering the hampering it got, at a critical stage in the race, it did well to get back to second place.
Report tony57 November 18, 2015 4:42 PM GMT
seemed to hit a flat spot tbf then got a 2nd wind..i was not there can only say what it looked like on t.v mincer
Report TellTheKing November 18, 2015 5:00 PM GMT
Katie wasn't great on that horse alright. She was guilty of being too confident.

Patrick could probably be charged with a similar offence. The difference being he was on the second best horse in any event. I imagine Merry Night will run in the 2m4f bumper in Leopardstown on PP Day. Depending on that opposition turns up he could be worth taking on. Not a bad horse but footless.
Report Bigwillystyle November 18, 2015 5:13 PM GMT
On the Shannon looked beat turning in and she was trying to nurse it home under a big weight, hoping the horses in front would stop. 

This horse has loads of improvement in him next time and is a great jumper.

After all my talk had a bet on the above.  Thought price was getting big.

Had a few euro on Doyles in bumper to place at 3.5.  Turtle Island out of a Buckskin mare, was guaranteed to go through the ground anyways.
Report mincer11 November 18, 2015 5:14 PM GMT
A pretty fair assessment i would say, and its possible he isnt much cop, but time and time again jockeys are guilty of either over confidence or riding without engaging their brain.
I could name about 10 races alone today where jockeys rode at what you would call at best, incompetently.
Report Bigwillystyle November 18, 2015 5:18 PM GMT
Mincer jockeys riding incompetently happens in every race most days.  As i say they are jockeys for a reason!!
Report wildmanfromborneo November 18, 2015 5:23 PM GMT
I thought it was more a brilliant ride from Nina than any mistake on Patrick Mullins part.

I thought Katie Walsh who I have great time for was dreadful in her race,she misjudged how easy the winner was going.
Report mincer11 November 18, 2015 5:34 PM GMT
Nina Carberry took the race by the scruff of the neck while Mullins slept soundly on his horse. Jockeys that want to win races without expending energy is a particular bugbear of mine, but jockeys who are over confident is even worse.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 18, 2015 5:37 PM GMT
I think that's what Katie Walsh was guilty of.
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 12:45 PM GMT

Nov 17, 2015 -- 7:51PM, easygold wrote:

I`m All You Need (2m Novice Chase 2.45) 6/1,11/2...... it will be 7/2

Amazing what putting selections and advice up before a race does

Report pa lapsy November 19, 2015 1:11 PM GMT
Tbf it probably was the best horse in the race and would have won with a better ride. It did drift after being backed(as did On the Shannon) maybe had to do with the desperate ground.
Watching Sir Des Champs there,while it was a weak race and was sure he was out for a gallop most of the way round was taken aback by how quickly he made up so much ground to win easily,not gone by any means.
Report frank60 November 19, 2015 1:14 PM GMT
Hit 11/1 in running, nice run nevertheless
Report norn iron November 19, 2015 1:16 PM GMT
LOOKED LIKE NON TRYER FOR LONG WAY    BUT DEFINITLEY LOOKED BACK AS GOOD AS EVER 

WHAT PRICE HIT IR ?

LYREEN LEGEND GOT NICE school AND LOOKING FORWARD SEE HIM BACK WHEN FULLY FIT
Report TellTheKing November 19, 2015 1:22 PM GMT
I have little interest in times, particularly over jumps, but Rubi Light looked like it was paddling off after three out. SDC has never been a quick horse so I imagine Rubi Light slowed considerably up the straight making SDC's move appear more stealthy than it actually was.

Very good performance by all concerned all the same with SDC, tough to get horses with plenty hard races on the clock to recover from getting a leg.
Report easygold November 19, 2015 1:49 PM GMT

Nov 19, 2015 -- 6:45AM, TheWasp wrote:

Nov 18, 2015 --  1:51AM, easygold wrote:I`m All You Need (2m Novice Chase 2.45) 6/1,11/2...... it will be 7/2Amazing what putting selections and advice up before a race does

I put up selections everyday.......... it moved in the market in the morning.......... the layers layed it because of the ground considering it is by Kings Theatre......... they just about got away with it didn`t they.... but you wouldn`t know that.
But my followers where happy the winner was selected too @ 10/1,9/1.....

Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 1:58 PM GMT
Pmsl ,Surprised you didnt have the tricast and the jackpot tbh
Report easygold November 19, 2015 2:14 PM GMT
Selection    Selection Details    Result
Horse Racing
FAIRYHOUSE
14:45 NOVICE CHASE 2m
18th of Nov 2015 2:45 pm
Reverse Forecast
Im All You Need
Balnagon Boy
Im All You Need Place (2)
Balnagon Boy Win (1)

Stake and Return Details
Bet placed at    18th of Nov 2015 10:04 am    Total Stake    €100.00
Bet type    Single (To Win)    Tax@Tax free    0
Number of lines    2    Total stake due    €100.00
Stake per line    €50.00    Freebets Redeemed    €0.00
Channel    Internet    Total amount paid    €100.00
Number of win lines    1       
Number of void lines    0    Standard Returns    €2,004.50
Total Returns    €2,004.50
Report easygold November 19, 2015 2:15 PM GMT
I don`t need to spoof.......... it`s all there...
Report easygold November 19, 2015 2:17 PM GMT
And its done again............
14:45
FAIRYHOUSE (Ireland)
I'M ALL YOU NEED    10/3    Standard EW terms apply    Lost    Settled
14:45
FAIRYHOUSE (Ireland)
BALNAGON BOY    5/1    Standard EW terms apply    Lost    Settled
Betid 52678846400  14:29 Bet Type: Reverse forecast  Stake: EUR 100.00
Report easygold November 19, 2015 2:19 PM GMT
Have a few bob on Whiskey Galore 12/1 2.30........... it may go and try make-all u may get a trade out of it too at much lower odds......
Report never give up November 19, 2015 2:25 PM GMT
wd easygold
Report Arklearkle November 19, 2015 2:43 PM GMT
Easy you may say youre not interested but have you seen DM's recent results
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 2:44 PM GMT
Shameless stuff easygob i presume you tipped long house island and repeater to the paying subscribers for the forecast
Report easygold November 19, 2015 2:58 PM GMT
yeah just saw them there not too bad.....
Report easygold November 19, 2015 2:59 PM GMT
Shameless......... ur the one ............ shouting about 4/6,8/11 shots.... will u get a grip with urself.....
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 3:05 PM GMT
Stonewall certainties 4/6 shots that have never jumped a hurdle....
8/11 point and shoot losers....

The lowest of the low tips they are. Imagine Hugh Taylor putting up guff like that up?????LaughLaugh

Wasp you have a neck like a jockey's boll0cks...
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 3:06 PM GMT
Anything i mention will be put up before the race a concept seemingly lost on you
As we have seen your record is far poorer when put up pre race, no surprise now that you shirked the mighty snap
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 3:08 PM GMT
Also old man rodger what have i put up ever in a hurdle race ?
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 3:14 PM GMT
Youv'e been supporting snap's inside info tips up on here for a while Wasp......

Shameless guff....we were told it's flying at home.....LaughLaughLaugh

You think we have no contact with trainers over the years??? This is the best horse I ever had??? Ridiculous sh*t.
What's done on the track is what counts, and Easygold has proven he is one of the best on the formbook over the years on a monitored website.
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 3:19 PM GMT
Again what is this great website?
Report easygold November 19, 2015 3:19 PM GMT
No spam on this site please.
Report Ozymandius November 19, 2015 3:23 PM GMT
fook off back to the HR forum, easygob will ya.  cretin.
Report easygold November 19, 2015 3:26 PM GMT
Will do Oz....... thanks
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 3:33 PM GMT
What you muttering about spam? If you have a fully monitored website thats all full up of members why are you terrified of anyone knowing this great mythical website
Report pa lapsy November 19, 2015 3:44 PM GMT
Easygold's initial contribution to the thread was to put up a nice priced horse that was narrowly beat,he did it in good faith. Personally don't care whether you are a tipster or whatever,not really the point,you did try and make a positive contribution as did most who posted up until the latter posts. Shame.
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 3:54 PM GMT
Which was followed up by aftertiming of the most shameless form lapsy
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 3:58 PM GMT
You were told he can't put everything up before Wasp.
I didn't see you hopping off your pal callitasucit's afteriming Cheltenham Lays on the Cheltenham thread?
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 4:04 PM GMT
Anyone hopping off a poster of the calibre of callit would clearly know little about racing as he consistently puts up value selections with good reasonings like many others on here
Easygob however has consistently ridiculed others losing selections after the race of course for a long time, so it is no harm to give him a taste of his own medecine from time to time
The reluctance to post website name says it all for me
Report TellTheKing November 19, 2015 4:09 PM GMT
It doesn't matter if Easygold is writing his tips on the side of the moon. If they are not posted on here then you cannot expect to aftertime without being ridiculed. Equally, you can't use the claim of having posted pre-race thoughts previously to excuse aftertiming.

Surely the above is blindingly blatant. It's so obvious that it's easy to see why a multitude of people take umbrage with Easygold. If you don't post an opinion before a race you can't proffer one after the result is known (regardless of what may or may not have been written on other sites).
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 4:09 PM GMT
The calibre of callit? The man who was telling us to back a horse that never jumped a hurdle at 4/6 cause he was told it was flying at home????
Report TellTheKing November 19, 2015 4:13 PM GMT
I've backed plenty of odds on shots first time over hurdles (generally England rather than Ireland) where I know the price available price is far higher than my anticipated SP.
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 4:27 PM GMT
Can you post one of these ridiculing comments Wasp that put up a value priced selection with reasoning? cheers.
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 4:38 PM GMT
Ya just take a look at thread where he pulls a few of DM losers from months previous and ridicules for first time in surface etc
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 4:52 PM GMT
I can recall Easygold saying DM was a good tipster actually.
And I don't recall him ridiculing him either.
I do recalling him questioning Wink Oliver as a pick on previous Kempton form recently, not months previously as you say.....
Report TellTheKing November 19, 2015 5:09 PM GMT
He came on a minute after Sizing Granite got beat a few weeks ago effectively saying punters were mugs for backing him as it was too early in the season to be taking ratings at face value. Nothing pre-race despite DJ putting up a reasoned thread hours previously.

There's countless more but I don't have the inclination to search. He's not being pulled up on aftertiming because we are all imagining. That's for certain.
Report snap crackle and pop November 19, 2015 5:21 PM GMT
The RogerGob are some duo to be fair. The laurel and hardy of the forum.

Always good for a chuckle, but regards horse racing, you'd pay more attention to what roadrunner would have to say!
Report easygold November 19, 2015 5:22 PM GMT
I did ttk.......... so the next time anyone is analyzing a race and using form from last season and given them their new rating as stone prove that they are up to that mark on their first start of the season and think EVS is value..... fair enough..... Maybe they will think the next time
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 5:26 PM GMT
Wouldnt be surprised snap if they were one and all the same snap tbh, think i remember the comedian roadrunner spouting about a tipping line too
Report pa lapsy November 19, 2015 5:29 PM GMT
Do you remember Snap spouting about one also The Wasp?
Report snap crackle and pop November 19, 2015 5:31 PM GMT
Could be very close to the mark there Wasp
Report Arklearkle November 19, 2015 5:33 PM GMT
Havent noticed anything from roadrunner recently
Report Ozymandius November 19, 2015 5:34 PM GMT
No surprise to see Pious Pa cosying up to Team RogerGob.

When there is a fork in the road he invariably chooses the wrong one.
Report pa lapsy November 19, 2015 5:35 PM GMT
Say the fella who thinks the muslims are a grand bunch of lads.
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 5:35 PM GMT
If carlsberg did tipping lines pa ...
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 5:38 PM GMT
Laugh Love it pa. They don't get much by you....
Maybe pa, easygold & roger are the same person...

And easygold Evs is a huge price for most on here.....especially when they are pumping out odds-on tips like Cadbury's do chocolate....
Report TellTheKing November 19, 2015 5:39 PM GMT
Easy if you are going to offer such advice it may be far more relevant before the race than immediately afterwards. I am sure that anyone backing one on seasonal debut is taking race fitness into consideration (with previous results showing De Bromhead is top of the list for having horses fit in the autumn). I am sure you wouldn't have made that post if Sizing Granite came out the right side of that close finish too.

I am sure you know horses. However, the lecturing tone you regularly adopt post race doesn't stack up when assessed beside the far from spectacular results of pre-race selections on here (what's written elsewhere is irrelevant).
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 5:41 PM GMT
TTK I have read Easygold offering similar advice on races before the off on here. And when the pick gets stuffed not a word of thanks btw....
Report Ozymandius November 19, 2015 5:42 PM GMT
Muslims are fine.  The vermin doing the damage are a thuggish band following a perverted, grotesque re-interpretation of Islam.

People who blandly blame Islam are about as insightful as those who would claim all Irish people are paedophiles. (Logic: All Priests are Paedos, All Priests are Catholics, All Irish are Catholics, Ergo All Irish Are Paedos)..that's the type of logic you are up against in back street boozers.

If I were you Pa, I would concentrate on mastering the Paragraph, before moving on to world affairs.
Report snap crackle and pop November 19, 2015 5:44 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report pa lapsy November 19, 2015 5:46 PM GMT
I can spell my name properly anyway,you cannot, the paragraph is a small thing in comparison.
Report TellTheKing November 19, 2015 5:48 PM GMT
Roger to be honest most of what I read on here from Easy pre-race is fairly watery stuff. Full of ifs, mays and mmmmmmm. Suggestions for lay ups and the like. Don't recall think I've never heard him say "This horse has a serious chance and will take the world of beating". Not looking for bravado statements but at least be one side of the road or the other. However, he is far more definitive after the race.
Report kavvie November 19, 2015 6:03 PM GMT
some of the biggest bets ive had were odds on first timers in maiden and novice hurdles..if the word is right from the biggger english stables(hobbs henderson king nicholls to name but a few) they are truly point and shoot jobs...well schooled  fit horses..so backing a first timer at 4/6 is not a bad investment usually..they are 4/6 for a reason not just a price plucked out of the sky..
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 6:34 PM GMT
As I said before TTK his hands are tied as to putting up his best picks.....
The magic circle had made their decision he was clueless...............and guess what? They were wrong....
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 6:36 PM GMT
His best picks ,LoL
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 6:44 PM GMT
Are you suggesting he is spamming the forum with second rate tips?
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 6:44 PM GMT
Let us know when the next odds-on shot is running Wasp, good lad.
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 6:48 PM GMT
I certainly wouldnt put up a selection in a race while actually fancying or tipping another in same race elsewhere
Report kavvie November 19, 2015 6:48 PM GMT
its winners we want primarily roger?  we can decide whether the price intrests us then?if you were told one had 2st in hand and was trying for its life and it was 4/6 would you play??
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 7:05 PM GMT
I don't back other people's whispers. I back from the formbook only.
We have had "tips" from the top trainers in the country. Steering jobs, etc....hammered.
Homework and raceday two totally different things.
Report snap crackle and pop November 19, 2015 7:09 PM GMT
And you da man for race day RogerGob! You da man!
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 7:18 PM GMT
I never said I was the man....

But YOU are the one who says you are the man.....judging by your threads....

Your record speaks for itself on here.....
Report kavvie November 19, 2015 7:25 PM GMT
so roger if ya fancy one strongly and its clearly form pick and the price is acceptable and you go racing and hear it might be short of a gallop or the owner wants to wait for another day around christmas do you back it just because its "logical" it should win?thats exactly what you said.   formbook only..
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 7:29 PM GMT
My bet is usually on the day before.
Report kavvie November 19, 2015 7:36 PM GMT
who do u back with the day before?  hmm..ud be lucky to get a fiver on line??
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 7:41 PM GMT
no shops round your way?
Report kavvie November 19, 2015 7:48 PM GMT
there is for sure...not my idea of a good strategy tho.best of luck with that..
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 8:02 PM GMT
You didn't mention shops. You just said online. I use all available methods.
Report snap crackle and pop November 19, 2015 8:09 PM GMT
RogerGob the day before punter!

Always one step ahead of everyone else!
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 8:16 PM GMT
I have heard it all now, the day before shop punter
You just couldnt make it up
Report Roger De Bris November 19, 2015 8:20 PM GMT
You'd be surprised how many steps I am ahead somedays.
Same as you snap with your day before Godolphin unraced tip Elltaaf that lost.....that you were telling everyone to back the day before at 7/2 with Ladbrooks on here.....
You have a short memory snap.....
And you love walking yourself into it...

Enjoy your evening lads....LaughLaughLaugh
Report snap crackle and pop November 19, 2015 8:24 PM GMT
I flagged it up because it was a tick, sp was 13/8 ya plum
Report snap crackle and pop November 19, 2015 8:24 PM GMT
A rick*
Report never give up November 19, 2015 8:46 PM GMT
well done roger,u have made snap dance tonight again
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 8:47 PM GMT
any good coursing dogs spotted for clonmel snap?
Report snap crackle and pop November 19, 2015 9:11 PM GMT
Saw a v fast one trial last weekend wasp. Will pm you
Report TheWasp November 19, 2015 9:25 PM GMT
cheers snap, a shrewd coursing judge if ever there was one
Report TellTheKing November 24, 2015 12:17 PM GMT
Tudor City runs in Wetherby tomorrow. Bigger field numerically with all the Hexham runners turning up. Haven't gone through it in detail but first look suggests it's a weak race.
Report pa lapsy November 24, 2015 1:00 PM GMT
Just had a quick look at it,weak enough alright though a few have mid 70 flat ratings which wasn't the case at Hexham,they look in the main doubtful stayers, anything that ran hasn't shown a lot. Could be on alright.
Know West Tip Master(2.50 Sed) has a record of 1 from 51 and nearly 7 years since that, but has shown bits and his last run at Tramore wasn't all that bad,fingers crossed jumps well and stays, thought the 33/1 best was big and had a small bet,suppose realistically hope he runs into a place.
Report neill d November 25, 2015 1:38 AM GMT
Hexham is stiff as beFck, will be something to job him against that dross when you've all the time in the world to get there, will need to get in close at a few!
Report pa lapsy November 25, 2015 12:01 PM GMT
No clues with Tudor City,weak side of stagnant up to now.
Report tony57 November 25, 2015 12:03 PM GMT
playing with fire with that yard pa?lol..
Report pa lapsy November 25, 2015 12:07 PM GMT
Haha i know Tony,i haven't backed it but just keeping tabs on it.
Report TellTheKing November 25, 2015 12:15 PM GMT
He's worth something at the current price and a lot more if he's strong near the off.

My view is that if he was getting a spin they wouldn't be picking a race like today's. I've been wrong before though!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com