Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
norn iron
14 Nov 15 20:37
| Topic/replies: 12,474 | Blogger: norn iron's blog
MINE TO FOLLOW WHEN SOBER UP

WAXIES DARGLE EW NAP
Pause Switch to Standard View CHELT OR ANY GOOD THINGS FANCIED...
Show More
Report tony57 November 14, 2015 9:26 PM GMT
1.35 garde la victoire @11/10
yards arkle horse if it carnt win this they,ll be scratching there heads..with a clear round I,ll be surprised if hes not too good for this field..only worry is its his debut and he will need the run but he has a touch of class...a rare max bet for me at short odds.
3.50 THE UNIT @16/1
won a decent bumper @newbury and was put away after that..this looks like a after thought as he was going hurdling but trainer thinks a fair bit of the horse and at the prices I couldn't not have a small e/w bet .
Report tony57 November 14, 2015 9:32 PM GMT
CORK
4.10 LIEUTENANT @5/2
don't think coming down in trip will be a problem seems to have improved with every run.
Report slickster November 14, 2015 10:02 PM GMT
How can you possibly be having a maximum bet on a horse who you wrongly assume is having his debut???????????????
Truly staggering.
Report callitasucit November 14, 2015 10:04 PM GMT
Tony, its not his debut.
Report callitasucit November 14, 2015 10:05 PM GMT
I have this as a lay tomorrow. Though am not playing yet, as have a feeling I will get it a bit cheaper in the morning.
Report The Gotchee November 14, 2015 10:12 PM GMT
CALLITASUCIT
Report The Gotchee November 14, 2015 10:12 PM GMT
CALLITASUCIT
Report The Gotchee November 14, 2015 10:13 PM GMT
MUG PUNTER
Report callitasucit November 14, 2015 10:17 PM GMT
Well done son, you first contribution on the third thread of the weekend.

Im happy enough with my contribution to the other two. As would most others whose opinions are worth reading that posted on them.

Yours on the other hand......
Report applehunter November 14, 2015 11:10 PM GMT
Anybody got some insight into the Grade C hcap hurdle at Mallow?

Looks a nice race.
Report neill d November 14, 2015 11:43 PM GMT
If Byerly Babe was strong she'd be seriously interesting as she's probably innately the best horse, could see her needing it though.

Fleming might not see 20k pot again when the season starts proper so maybe his Sam Red. Obvious I know but a tidy little 4yo who will bait away through the ground and is unexposed. went off 4/1 for a race at Fairyhouse in april and went well, I'd have that here. Obvious i realise.
Report norn iron November 15, 2015 8:24 AM GMT
DRUMLEE SUNSET    REV4CAST MR MIGAGI

GARDE  LE VICTOIRE

MY MOLE

WAXIES DARGLE   EW THINK OLOFI CRACKING EW VALUE OF FEATHER WEIGHT 

BROD NA HEIRAAN GREAT EW BET (GOOD 4TH WINDSOR PARK @LEOP )TOM BELLAMY HAS CHOSEN IT OVER MY DANGER SHARDAPOUR

VIVE LE ROI EWAY SAVER THE UNIT 

GOOD LUCK PUNTERS
Report Rocketfingers November 15, 2015 9:43 AM GMT
Honestly Tony is such a mug he has nearly ruined this thread, i like Mick Jazz, Simply Ned and also Brod Na Heirann. I'd give that Olofi a chance Norn, just recent form is so off putting, i'd also give totalize a chance. I hope Spinter stays in i think he is unbackable.
Report mrcombustible November 15, 2015 9:49 AM GMT
In the bumper I quite like Ballyandy for the Twiston Davies team.

By the excellent bumper sire Kayf Tara, this horse is a full brother to Megastar who won the champion bumper at Aintree. Also full brother to bumper winners Megasue and Zhakiera Spirit.

I will also have a saver on the Hobbs horse Lisheeen Prince, won its only point at Oldcastle, asking a lot to win in this company first time outbut I respect the trainer in Cheltenham bumpers and he must think a lot of it to be chucking it in at the deep end.
Report TellTheKing November 15, 2015 10:03 AM GMT
There’s been a few interesting racing threads this weekend to coincide with the top racing. Makes a change from the normal banality. There’s plenty room for cut and thrust argument / debate (some of the automatic back slapping on here would make ya vomit), if only the childish element could be set aside.

Think Simply Ned is nearly a good thing if the race goes as I expect. He is a solid 160 horse who has improved each season to date. Impossible to have faith in SS and don’t fancy Mr. Mole around the track assuming a good pace. A reproduction of Simply Ned's run in the race last year is quite likely to be good enough. The main bogey is Brian Harding but the price is big enough to allow for his presence.

Scoop The Pot is also far better than a 120 horse. He reminds me of how they started off If In Doubt for the same connections. As ever with these colours, market support will play a factor but he’s the only JP horse in the race. The rider is also decent value for his claim. It’s a very condensed handicap and basically he’s going to turn out to be the best horse in the race long-term, hopefully starting today.

Don’t like most of those at the front of the betting in the Greenwood, think they have significant flaws that the price doesn’t compensate for. I’ve gone with Dexcite. The trainer / jockey combo have been with Olofi for the past few years. Given Olofi is handicapped to run a competitive race again it looks significant that Paddy Brennan rides this potential improver off his minimum weight. Unlike the other 4yo’s, he didn’t come run on the Flat or in France. He has shown improved form in his last three runs, culminating in a third in Chepstow on seasonal debut. He is keen going and quite possibly a bit of a softie. That being said, today’s race should provide an ideal test with a likely strong gallop. Paddy can be relied upon to not arrive onto the scene until late and the race could just fall into his lap. He’s definitely a horse to keep an eye on for his next few runs.
Report The Gotchee November 15, 2015 10:45 AM GMT
Somersby goes well fresh but is getting on a bit. Well capable of winning, if fit and well 5/1. I think Sprinter Sacre is finished.

Ebony Express 25/1 E/W Imperial Cup winner off 6lbs lower. Ran unplaced at the festival 6 days later. He could still be improving. Trainer always has them ready to run for their life.

Crazy Jack E/W 25/1. Lightly raced over hurdles so there could be more improvement. Top weight but only has to give 7 lbs to the bottom weight.
Report Lee Ho Fooks November 15, 2015 11:01 AM GMT
GL Norn & everyone, out all daySad. Have hit the record button & I'll be watching Chelts & Punchestown this evening - great to see that proper racing is here nowExcited
Report Fayzer November 15, 2015 12:06 PM GMT
We have had a very quiet week this week but have a couple of horses running over the weekend. I am particularly looking forward to seeing Penn Lane (winner) run at Uttoxeter on Saturday and Alzammaar at Cheltenham on Sunday. Quote from greatrex

Alzammer is interesting. Unexposed. Yard is flying 6 for 15 in the last 2 weeks. 14/1 is worth an investment.
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 12:19 PM GMT
wow..forgive me for mixing up my horses..i was on 2 different threads last night ...I forget he won at uttoxeter..I was reading something Philip hobbs was saying before he ran there ..so sorry ...Blush
ive had a pm from rocket ..what a child.
slickster..I don't need you to tell me about punting mate..I put up enough winners on here and go racing..you like rocket are a ponce..who know nothing..

I don't bother indulging with children most times..but it never seizes to amaze me ..that you can make a mistake ..when reading or putting something up and some on here act like a child..as if they are all knowlagable..when they know sweet fa?
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 12:21 PM GMT
Interesting days racing ahead, with Faugheen without doubt the star attraction.

An absolute joy to watch.

Very hard to find to find a betting angle in it though, only WPM boys will know how fit Nichols Canyon is. It would be disappointing if he was near ready and couldn't dispose of Wicklow Brave for second, but that wouldn't be a betting proposition without some knowledge of his forwardness.

I think Thomas Edison will outrun his odds, and could be worth a look later in the 3 place market.

Down in Cork I really fancy Leap Dearg in the 3.40.

I backed this lad in the novice hcp at the festival, and he travelled like an absolute dream. Ultimately he didn't get home, but had travelled like the best horse in the race until two out. Even the bare form of that run would be more than enough here, but it seems he will be seen in a better light returned to shorter. His fitness also has to be taken on trust, but that to me is the only doubt.

Grade la Victoire is a deserved fav for the novice at Chelt, but although I backed him on debut as reports were he was ready, I wasn't impressed.

He looked beaten 4 out, but Bristol de Mai simply blew up. GLV didn't make a great shape at a few fences, and though comfortably the best of these over hurdles, he may not have the scope to achieve as high a rating over the larger obstacles. Its disappointing there is nothing of any real note taking him on, but there are still a couple in there that could take advantage if he doesn't progress. Hobbs was also in unreal form at the time of his win. His stable will not have such a fitness edge now.

What Calipto done over hurdles was always going to be a bonus before going chasing, and he looked good on debut in this sphere. He has plenty of scope to be better.

Fox Norton is an admirable sort and wont be disposed of easily. He may get a soft lead too.

All in all, I think a lay of GLV at around the 1.7 mark is definitely the play.

1.7 on Sizing John in the novice in Punch on the other hand would be a play, and if he gets that big, I will back him.

Renneti looks very interesting back over hurdles in the hcp at Chelt. It may prove that 2m is too short, and this could be an early sighter for either the Coral or Pertemps, but I do think his mark is exploitable, so will have a small interest today.

Im hoping Babbling Stream is well punted in the bumper, as I would be a layer of this thing. Very small in appearance, I was far from taken by him when beaten last time out. I wouldn't think he is one of Willies leading lights in the bumper division, and there are plenty in here who can beat him today.
Report newapproach November 15, 2015 12:53 PM GMT
I like simon squirrel in the first @ cheltenham. Will be suited by the test of stamina which he did not get @ Newton abbott. Should go well @ 9/2
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 1:01 PM GMT
Dutched Altior and Drumlee at 2.04
Report pa lapsy November 15, 2015 1:24 PM GMT
Evs on Nine Stitches tbp 1.25 my only bet today, Like Leap Dearg as a horse as well,seems strong enough and Tyners ran well in the 1st but just a watch today.
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 1:26 PM GMT
I backed Nine Stitches tbp myself Pa. 1.97.
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 1:31 PM GMT
altoir is decent..the 2nd horse needs better ground.
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 1:32 PM GMT
Backed Sprinter Sacre at 11-4 in 2.10.

Shorter now, but that is not a negative, as it signals what they expect.

He would win this on two of his 3 runs of last year. Given they have kept him in training, it is reasonable to imagine they expect better rather than worse this time around. The vibes back that up, as does todays market strength.

First time out on soft ground would be a slight worry, and due to that I will put in for a trade IR at around the 1.35 mark.
Report pa lapsy November 15, 2015 1:34 PM GMT
Never going Callit,bandage required, Belshill impressive but eat little.
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 1:41 PM GMT
Thought had Garde beat between the last two. Jump at the last won it for him. He will win no Arkle.
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 1:42 PM GMT
max bet landed!..little r4 I think but happy days...
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 1:43 PM GMT
I wouldn't right him off callit..he was not impressive today but hes better than that.
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 1:51 PM GMT
I didn't think much of him before today....and today certainly wouldn't have changed my mind. Had they jumped the last with equal aplomb, it would have been very close. Getting 4lb off Fox Norton, that is not Arkle contending form. He may indeed proved better than that, he probably will, but he has it to prove.

Give me Sizing John anyday between the two. SJ probably more of a JLT sort that being said, but he will have aright chance in that contest.
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 2:07 PM GMT
Got few quid on Thomas Edison at 3.8 in 3 place market.
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 2:16 PM GMT
Anyone without a tear in their watching that, should start watching a different sport.

Absolutely fuc**n brilliant!!
Report pa lapsy November 15, 2015 2:22 PM GMT
Few with tears after Faugheen, i'm stunned, poor in hindsight from Ruby not to lead.
Report TellTheKing November 15, 2015 2:22 PM GMT
What a five minutes of racing. Proper horses all round. Nichols Canyon might finally start getting the recognition he deserves.

Fair play to all concerned with Sprinter Sacre. It has been a long road with him and the easier option to retire must have been very appealing at various stages.
Report TellTheKing November 15, 2015 2:23 PM GMT
No at all Pa. Nichols went a proper gallop setting it up for Faugheen.
Report pa lapsy November 15, 2015 2:32 PM GMT
There certainly seems no excuses anyway, Walsh was very bullish and was supposed to have worked well Tuesday,maybe not giving Nicholls credit but Wicklow Brave was close enough as well.
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 2:33 PM GMT
jumped so well today sprinter, he is one of the best looking horses ive had the pleasure to get close too..wonder what he,ll go for @the festival if all goes well?
Report TheWasp November 15, 2015 2:34 PM GMT
anyone think a little bit of awkward head carriage at the business end from faugheen?
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 2:35 PM GMT
Tony, it is 1000000000000000000000000-1 he goes for anything other than the CC.
Report TellTheKing November 15, 2015 2:39 PM GMT
Wicklow Brave is an iron fit 150 horse (maybe even higher). No shame him being close up against horses having their first run.

Faugheen has always carried his head with a slight kink. People only noticing now because he got beat. Don’t believe it’s of any consequence myself.

The one issue with Nichols is that he jumps like a cat but is often sh*t or bust. Think it was 4out that he was very long at. Going even quicker could catch him out in a CH. He has massive engine though.
Report TellTheKing November 15, 2015 2:41 PM GMT
I dunno Tony. The charity race with Nicky riding was the obvious race but that’s been scrapped this year. Not qualified for the Foxhunter’s after today’s win.

Could see Nicky taking advantage of his hurdles mark and maybe going for the County Hurdle.
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 2:45 PM GMT
Laugh funny..there was talk of him going up in trip? that is why I questioned if it would be the CC..but I suppose your right.
Report TellTheKing November 15, 2015 2:51 PM GMT
Never saw that about him going up in trip. Absolutely mental suggestion from whoever made it anyway.
Report newapproach November 15, 2015 2:57 PM GMT
When he was at his peak, he won over 2 and a half @ Aintree and there was talk of him going for the King George the following year but I don't think Henderson was ever keen since he had his injury problems, there has been no talk of it yet.
Report newapproach November 15, 2015 2:58 PM GMT
No talk of it since his injury problems I mean
Report newapproach November 15, 2015 3:01 PM GMT
Faugeen defied breeding doing so well last year, he won a 3 mile novice hurdle on heavy ground @ Limerick. He was beaten by a strong travelling, speedy flat bred today. I suppose the return to Cheltenham will suit his stamina especially if there was a very strong pace. It will be interesting to see how the year pans out for him.
Report slickster November 15, 2015 3:08 PM GMT
Tony, how braindead are you? You come on giving it loads about "a maximum bet" about a horse you had no idea had already won a novice chase. Really? I suggest you get your facts right before going maximum. He then wonders what Cheltenham race the imperious 2-miler Sprinter will go for!!!!!! Christ!
I would suggest no need for the name calling scouse. Undoubtedly Liverpool's answer to wonky. Uneducated and foul mouthed.
And has the neck to say I "know nothing".
It never CEASES to amaze me the idiocy on here. Well done on your 8-15 winner. None of us saw that.
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 3:09 PM GMT
it was in the media..in the last few weeks..Henderson was asked if he would stay at 2m or go up in trip and he said 2m to start?..interview with one of the monthy mags..
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 3:12 PM GMT
11/10 when I put it up..i explained why I made the mistake I did..i have not said the horse will go anywere else ..ive put up a number of winners ..including yesterday..YOU never put up a selection..all you do is come on and have a go at people who do put up..you are a nobody..
Report snap crackle and pop November 15, 2015 4:41 PM GMT
Nice write up gobshee!

Wasn't going to have a bet in the shloer chase, but after i read that gobshee said sprinter is finished, knew it was time to get stuck into him, and duly obliged!

As for the other 2 ew guesses, less said the better
Report tony57 November 15, 2015 4:45 PM GMT
the rocket chipped in with more winners I see..and he fancied sprinter..what a guy..the site lucky to have him.Laugh
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 5:05 PM GMT
Indeed Snap. I was already keen on him myself, but when that complete buffoon wrote him off, it was time to double up.

Excellent input.
Report slickster November 15, 2015 5:11 PM GMT
Good aul tony the "somebody". No freebies put up here by slick. Sorry about that old bean.
You keep guessing away though. Great laugh....
Report The Gotchee November 15, 2015 6:43 PM GMT
Well done callitasucit. You did 20 obvious bets today and the one winner you picked you managed to lay off, well done.
By Jaysuus, you won't let us forget you backed a winner, even though you backed 10 losers.
I suppose you backed snap's Stone Wall Certainty yesterday?
Report callitasucit November 15, 2015 7:50 PM GMT
Down in Cork I really fancy Leap Dearg in the 3.40.
Second. Loser.

All in all, I think a lay of GLV at around the 1.7 mark is definitely the play.
Won, all out, result may have been different had runner up jumped last better. Loser

1.7 on Sizing John in the novice in Punch on the other hand would be a play, and if he gets that big, I will back him.
Backed at 1.71. Hacked up. Winner.

Renneti looks very interesting back over hurdles in the hcp at Chelt. It may prove that 2m is too short, and this could be an early sighter for either the Coral or Pertemps, but I do think his mark is exploitable, so will have a small interest today.
Backed Win, Place and Top 5. Ran on very well having been outpaced, as was the fear. Winner

Im hoping Babbling Stream is well punted in the bumper, as I would be a layer of this thing. Very small in appearance, I was far from taken by him when beaten last time out. I wouldn't think he is one of Willies leading lights in the bumper division, and there are plenty in here who can beat him today.
Laid Win and Place. Absolute yoke. Winner.

Dutched Altior and Drumlee at 2.04
Winner.

I backed Nine Stitches tbp myself Pa. 1.97.
Loser.

Backed Sprinter Sacre at 11-4 in 2.10
Absolutely hosed up. Laid stake off at 1.39 IR. Winner.

Got few quid on Thomas Edison at 3.8 in 3 place market.
Loser.

Now, I know you patently aren't the best with numbers Gotchee, but that is far from 20 bets. 9 individual selections in fact, 5 of which produced profits. And made for the profitable day.

Thanks for your concern.
Report Ozymandius November 15, 2015 8:00 PM GMT
What a gimp The Gobshee is.
Report TheWasp November 15, 2015 8:05 PM GMT
I would just like to thank callit and TTK for their input and write ups for the national hunt this weekend both very informative posters and long may it continue
Report freddiek November 15, 2015 8:06 PM GMT

Nov 15, 2015 -- 2:00PM, Ozymandius wrote:

What a gimp The Gobshee is.

excellent contribution from your good self, your usual standard of insight.

Report Ozymandius November 15, 2015 8:10 PM GMT
Touche, stalker!  I see I managed to flush you out, AGAIN!  No surprise that you are supportive of the Gobshee Laugh  Sinn Fein, the Gobshee, etc etc......is there no end to your lack of judgement?!?
Report freddiek November 15, 2015 8:11 PM GMT
go away weirdo fantasist. what country you in tonight?
Report Ozymandius November 15, 2015 8:16 PM GMT
I know, its extraordinary, in this day and age, that someone might live in different countries!  Difficult to get your head around, alright!
Report wildmanfromborneo November 15, 2015 8:21 PM GMT
I'm almost cured of the laying,thought Marakoush was a hound of hounds,the usual result ensued.

I was looking at the betting on Sprinter Sacre,he was trading at around 2.8,a noble horse but a burster with a wind problem coupled with a dicky heart,everything screamed lay lay.
I resisted and cheered this champion home,the vagaries of this game makes not losing anything a triumph of sorts.
Report dj876 November 15, 2015 8:30 PM GMT
Although if you had stuck to laying Willie's shorties for another week or so since your Arctic Fire lay it could have been a bonanza.

Gitane de Berlais = 1.8 BSP
On his Own = 2.6 BSP,1.43 place
BeauMome= 1.79 BSP,1.2 place
Avenir D'ne vee = 1.66 BSP, 1.16 Place
Report TheWasp November 15, 2015 8:32 PM GMT
Dont worry wildman get it all back on the qatari beast Afjaan 4.25 wolverhampton @ evens has a nice bit in hand
Report norn iron November 16, 2015 12:04 AM GMT
FFS CAME IN FIND  44 REPLIES  = CHECKED BALANCE OOPS WASNT FOR MY TIPSWink

NOT BECAUSE I POSTED THREADS AT CHELT BUT SOME SUPERB TIPPING/WRITE UPS THATS WHY irish forum is BEST

TEL T KING SUPER ANALYSIS AND EVN PI$$$ED I ENJOYED READING ALL REPLIES

WELL DUN EVERYONE

NICHOLS CANYON   WAS SUPER WINNER IN MERIT ON THE DAY LETS GIVE HIM AND JOCKEY MASSIVE  CREDIT
Report applehunter November 16, 2015 1:42 AM GMT
Brilliant days racing. Sprinter SacreLove

After seeing the Arkle trial at Cheltenham I'm happy with my ante-post bet on Sizing John.
Report callitasucit November 16, 2015 11:51 AM GMT
Does he not look more of a staying type though Apple? Maybe more JLT than Arkle?

Thinking of having a few quid on him for it.
Report applehunter November 16, 2015 12:53 PM GMT
ah don't say that...
Report TheWasp November 16, 2015 7:49 PM GMT
Tomorrows good thing Baydar 12.40 lingfield too classy for this muck
Report snap crackle and pop November 16, 2015 7:56 PM GMT
Nice winner today wasp. Top stuff
Report TheWasp November 16, 2015 8:04 PM GMT
Thanks snap , no sign of the seethers tonight naturally
Report pa lapsy November 16, 2015 8:07 PM GMT
Good shot MrCombustible, nice price.
Report snap crackle and pop November 16, 2015 8:31 PM GMT
Naturally
Report The Gotchee November 16, 2015 9:18 PM GMT
dj876 10 Nov 15 18:39
English AW racing is muck,the proportionate level of corruption is unparalleled across any sport.

Anyone getting involved in it is subsidising the lack of prize money for connections.

Anyone that reckons they can make that muck pay is delusional.

That's your buddy snap and waspLaughLaugh
Report The Gotchee November 16, 2015 9:54 PM GMT
Ozymandius
Ozymandius 24 Oct 12 19:33 Joined: 01 Jul 11 | Topic/replies: 16,394 | Blogger: Ozymandius's blog
Come on Snap.  Time to get back on the horse, so to speak.

You only have to look at today's Navan thread to see that tipping horses is a tough game.  There is no shame in tipping 16 straight losers.
Rate reply:
| report block user
Report TheWasp November 16, 2015 9:56 PM GMT
Didnt take long for the seethe at todays magnificent winner to begin
Report pa lapsy November 16, 2015 10:03 PM GMT
A fella gave an 8/1 shot with good reasoning and not a fair play or anything between ye, an odds shot and ye are clapping yerselves on the back bigtime, get into bed ye plums.
Report CheltenhamRoar November 17, 2015 10:51 AM GMT
The Gobshee and Neddie embarrassing themselves again I see
Report tony57 November 25, 2015 8:57 AM GMT
TELL THE KING, CALLIT,
taken from the interview this sundays racing post...nicky Henderson.."a lot of people have been saying to me wouldn't he be better over further? but when you see what he does you can see why we will stay at 2m!"
my point being THERE WAS TALK from the yard that SS may go up in trip....I don't tell lies..and I didn't want to say who told me.
Report TellTheKing November 25, 2015 9:35 AM GMT
Tony, with all due respect, anyone who expected SS to be stepped up in trip at this stage of his career, with all the problems he's had plus the dearth in legitimate two milers should be sat in the corner with a colouring book.

You could also do with being far more circumspect when listening to or reading about Nicky Henderson. For a start, he probably couldn't pick SS out of a line up of one at home.
Report tony57 November 25, 2015 9:44 AM GMT
ttk..my point being there was talk from the yard of him going up in trip?..thats all I said.wether he can or cannot I don't know (I doubt you do)but they spoke about if he ran well they may think about going up in trip?
Report TellTheKing November 25, 2015 9:52 AM GMT
Tony I know plenty about the workings in Seven Barrows. Suffice to say, I don't come on here every time I'm told something. I don't know, maybe one of the lads sweeping the shavings into the wheelbarrow thought he might go up in trip. However, no-one who counts nor no-one with a scintilla of a brain was going to realistically entertain putting him up in trip. He is going to run twice at most again this season and chances are that's him done.
Report tony57 November 25, 2015 10:00 AM GMT
if you know the workings then you know quite well it was not one of the lads?anyway i made my point..
Report callitasucit November 25, 2015 10:29 AM GMT
Tony what people thought before the Schloer is totally irrelevant.

True, had he flopped, there may have been desperation attempts which may have included him beng tried over 2m4/3m. That is all they would have been. Desperation.

tony57  • November 15, 2015 2:33 PM GMT 

jumped so well today sprinter, he is one of the best looking horses ive had the pleasure to get close too..wonder what he,ll go for @the festival if all goes well?

Not only had he just pulverised a field which included the second in last years CC, but you also have the 'if all goes well' proviso.

Given them set of circumstances(which couldn't have been known when whoever it was mentioned the going up in trip possibility).........

callitasucit  • November 15, 2015 2:35 PM GMT 

Tony, it is 1000000000000000000000000-1 he goes for anything other than the CC.

Madness to think otherwise given what we had just seen.
Report tony57 November 25, 2015 11:51 AM GMT
callit,
my point was and has been, inside the yard they have thought about going up in trip depending on what happened and as long as the horse was ok..obviously he won so well as you say they will stay at 2 m..but as Henderson said..some were still thinking maybe ? i just pointed that out, before the interview?
Report callitasucit November 25, 2015 12:05 PM GMT
Yeah but you said after the race that there was a doubt about where he would go at Chelt all being well.

After the race, there was no doubt.
Report tony57 November 25, 2015 12:10 PM GMT
i never said there was doubt? i said if all goes well meaning his heart problems.., i just wanderd with some around the yard questioning if he would go up in trip..its not me ..the interview makes my point?
Report TellTheKing November 25, 2015 12:12 PM GMT
Tony the horse can't breathe - winning in Cheltenham hasn't changed that. Just means he's capable of holding it together against poor opposition. He'd collapse over further and was never going to be risked. He'll also most likely collapse when UDS sticks it up him.

I'll say it again. No-one with a clue was saying he was going to be stepped up in trip.
Report tony57 November 25, 2015 12:16 PM GMT
before sunday?well i can say the person who told me has a clue?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com