Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
KittyWells
04 Apr 15 21:56
| Topic/replies: 77 | Blogger: KittyWells's blog
We have been blessed with so many:

The Taaffe's
The O'Brien's (Aidan and Vincent)
The Prendergast's
The Maddens
The Weld's
The Carberry,s
The`Geraghty's
The Kelly's
The Meade's

I cannot think of any shocking omissions.  Can you?
Pause Switch to Standard View Great Irish Racing families
Show More
Report The Gotchee April 4, 2015 10:10 PM BST
You forgot about Ted (front shoes fell off) Walsh and Jennifer and Katie and Yong Ted who is married to one of the Carberrys who's mother is one of the Moores.
Report KittyWells April 4, 2015 10:14 PM BST
Sorry TG

I thought the Carberry's might cover the two firms you mentioned!
Report KittyWells April 4, 2015 10:14 PM BST
Sorry TG

I thought the Carberry's might cover the two firms you mentioned!
Report Vubiant April 4, 2015 10:23 PM BST
Mullins clan might be worth a mention.
Report frank60 April 4, 2015 11:34 PM BST
TOM Dreaper  ,In all, he trained 26 winners at the Cheltenham Festival including the Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Arkle Challenge Trophy five times each and the Champion Chase six times. He won the Irish Grand National ten times, seven times consecutively (from 1960 to 1966). The only major race that he never won was the Grand National, coming second in 1970 with Vulture and in 1971 with Black Secret, ridden by his son Jim.
Report frank60 April 4, 2015 11:41 PM BST
P.S Kitty  i left out that Tom Dreaper also trained the best 2 N.H. horses i ever saw, Arkle, and Flyingbolt  .
Report Kelly April 5, 2015 12:19 AM BST
Vincent and Aidan are not related . Vincents family legacy rests within Coolmore though  , and his sons also trained with a modicum of success .

Tom Dreaper and Vincent were NH contemporaries , completely different approaches though ( when Vincent was the king of NH pre moving to the flat ) .

With you on Arkle and Flyingbolt , frank60 , and Dreaper had a lot of other star performers as well as the 2 afore mentioned highest rated chasers ever . Not a betting stable essentially though , that was another significant difference between Tom and Vincent . MV made his way initially via gambling , best ever I suspect , and he always had an eye for speed in his horses , NH and flat .
Report Kelly April 5, 2015 12:27 AM BST
O'Grady worth a mention also . Best tip I ever got for a horse was via an uncle ( married to my aunt) who was friendly with Willie O'Grady . Wrote to my ubcle  regarding a novice he had in his stable , being targetted for Cheltenham festival . Solfen . Hacked up in the Broadway ( I think) and ran 2 days later over hurdles ( third as I recall ) at the Festival .  Horses were tougher in those days , think Flyingbolt also ran twice in 3 days at the  Festival meeting .
Report frank60 April 5, 2015 12:49 AM BST
Kelly flying bolt won the queen mother by 15l and the following day he ran in the Champion hurde finishing 3rd, Pat taaffe bleamed himself for loseing,
Report dj876 April 5, 2015 12:57 AM BST
A fair hawl from the appropriately named "Kitty Wells",thread was initiated tongue in cheek and the 2 intended bites landed with rare expedience.

Would Timmy Hyde's offspring's count through their marital conquests?
Report by purpose April 5, 2015 11:05 AM BST
Meades and Kellys?Hardly have enough for a game of "ring a ring a rosey"
Report wildmanfromborneo April 10, 2015 12:23 AM BST
There is something lovely about Katie Wal**** not only her looks or her winsome slight stammer.

The bond between her and Ruby was there for all to see after Mondays National.

I think the family are a credit to Ireland and don't get why lots on here have it in for Ruby.
Report DECALEC April 10, 2015 2:01 AM BST
I'M SURE SHE'S HAPPY YOU HIGHLIGHTED HER IMPEDIMENTSad
Report Ozymandius April 10, 2015 11:23 AM BST
Jaysus, god knows I have my own assorted twisted fetishes, but have never heard of a man drawn to women who stammer.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 10, 2015 11:30 AM BST
Only you could think winsome had something to do with fetishes.

Winsome to me means endearing.
Report pa lapsy April 10, 2015 11:32 AM BST
I like her,she seems unassuming, i'd imagine she would be a fierce craic altogether if you could get inside her head.
Report workrider April 10, 2015 6:31 PM BST
A shrewd woman , buys and sells , and makes it pay...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com