Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
04 Feb 14 10:41
| Topic/replies: 12,625 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
Very sad to hear this morning that Fozzy Stacks wife passed away,poor girl was only 28,heartfelt condolences to family and friends.
Pause Switch to Standard View Lucy Stack RIP
Show More
Report brain dead jockeys February 4, 2014 1:43 PM GMT
it says in the papers that it was a dreadful accident..............she died in tragic circumstances...........does anyone know how she died?
Report dj876 February 4, 2014 2:00 PM GMT
Is it any of our business?
In my personal opinion there shouldn't be any condolence threads on anonymous forums or even social media sites (although I know the original poster's sentiments would be genuine)
Report silvergreaser February 4, 2014 2:01 PM GMT
When the Gardai say tragic accident with no foul pay suspected its usually one of two things BDJ either suicide or accidental drug overdose

So young and pretty R.I.P.
Report lustrumm February 4, 2014 2:03 PM GMT
Incredible comment DJ. I met her a few times and knew Fozzy as well. Surely no better place to remember her and pay respects than an Irish forum. very sad news
Report silvergreaser February 4, 2014 2:05 PM GMT
That the family have requested that donations be made to AWARE we can make our own conclusions.
Report lustrumm February 4, 2014 2:08 PM GMT
Yup,

From the daily Mirror, looks like a tragic suicide. I know from personal experience of a close relative when depression takes hold it can knock one over.

"Tragedy for the horse racing world this morning as we can report the death of Lucy Stack, wife of trainer Fozzy Stack.

Lucy, 27, was found dead at her family home at Thomastown Castle, Golden, Co Tipperary on Sunday.

She married husband Fozzy, who is a trainer at the Thomastown yard, in December 2012.

The Enfield, Co Meath woman was also the daughter of Denise 'Sneezy' Foster, a well-known equestrian figure.

Gardai are not treating the death as suspicious"
Report poorpup February 4, 2014 2:15 PM GMT
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/racing-world-mourns-as-wife-of-trainer-...
Report pa lapsy February 4, 2014 2:20 PM GMT
Thread was on my part started in condolence in particular to both her own family and the Stacks, very sad and what them poor people are going through now God help them,they are one of Irish racings premier families and not out of place to put a thread up at all in pure sympathy for them.
Report dj876 February 4, 2014 2:38 PM GMT
My post was made in terms of inquiring about how she died,a few hours after it happened.I don't think it's any of our business how she died,and definitely don't think it should be discussed without being certain, but it's just my opinion.
I messaged you there Pa.
Report paulie wallnuts February 4, 2014 2:40 PM GMT
I agree with dj.....this is no place for this kind of thing......one moron wants to know how she died.....the net result is that a poor girl of 28 years has passed away.....and its obvious to anybody with a quarter of a brain cell.....what has happened here...
Report wildmanfromborneo February 4, 2014 2:40 PM GMT
Very sad,that poor girl was only 12 when her father David Foster was killed in a riding accident,I think she may even have witnessed it.
Report brain dead jockeys February 4, 2014 3:21 PM GMT
"one moron here wants to know how she died"...........i dont think there is anything wrong with that question. how the heck would i know how she died...........it said in one paper "a tragic accient"...........i didnt know the family asked for donations to aware...........so if they are willing to say that..............thanks for informing me

the two lads who died of excess drinking over past week.............maybe the papers should not explain how they died either............people like pauile like to take the high moral ground here..............makes them feel better mouthing off at people when someone has died............next time someone tells me a local person has died, i wont ask how...............i'll say paulie from thE betfair form says you should never ask................i didnt know fonzie and lucy but i was an admirer of his dads training ability and as a follower of horse racing i am very sad to here of this death.

RIP.
Report frankalsoran60 February 4, 2014 7:17 PM GMT
THE horse racing world is in mourning after the death, in tragic circumstances, of 27-year-old Lucy Stack, the wife of leading trainer Fozzy Stack.

Lucy, who was brought up in Enfield, Co Meath, was the daughter of Denise 'Sneezy' Foster who is also a well-known figure in the equestrian world and a respected trainer.

Lucy's body was found early on Sunday at the family home at Thomastown Castle, the Group 1 winning training yard near Golden, Co Tipperary. The yard is run by Lucy's father-in-law, the former Grand National winner and now successful trainer Tommy Stack.

Lucy's husband Fozzy, who she married at Christmas 2012, is assistant trainer at the yard and the couple were popular figures in the world of flat and national hunt racing.

A statement issued to the Irish Independent on behalf of both families last night said: "The Foster and Stack families are shocked by this terrible tragedy. Lucy was a beautiful girl and a real lady."

The families appealed for privacy at this "sad time".

Among her friends were senior jockeys Nina Carberry and Katie Walsh as well as writer Cecelia Ahern and her husband David Keoghan.

Foul play is not suspected in her death, gardai say. Her husband was abroad at the time of her death but arrived home yesterday.

Lucy's father, Irish international eventer Captain David Foster, was just 43 when he died after his mount fell on him in 1998.

Family friend Tamso Doyle told the Irish Independent: "Shock is the word that comes to mind – shock and deep sadness.

"She will be terribly missed by all who knew her," Ms Doyle added.   R.I.P.
Report Kerrygold February 5, 2014 7:54 AM GMT
depression very hard to get away from it....

Tragic alright

Paulie cop yourself on you always seem to take the high road...u seem like a real know all..u are a pretty negative fella.
Report guinness2dear February 6, 2014 5:30 PM GMT
A letter read out at her funeral.. R.I.P. Lucy.

"I need you to know that what has happened is no reflection of how you were as my friend," she wrote in the sad letter.

"No call could have changed this. No chats over wine."

"Sadly, this is just my fate. I know it is selfish and cowardly but for me it is my only option. I can't face this world any longer. I'm just not strong enough. Too much has happened," she wrote.

Lucy's devastating words were today read aloud by her grieving husband, Fozzy at her deeply private funeral service at the tiny St Ultan's church in Rathcore, Enfield, Co Meath.

The letter, signed "Friends forever, Lucy," caused many mourners to break down in tears.

It emerged that Lucy had planned her funeral mass down to each hymn and reading.

In the letter, she thanked her friends for "fun times, for the laughing, dancing and giggles."

She urged them to remember the happy days they'd had together, saying: "Please let my memory be one of happiness and laughter. Do not remember me for the sadness and the way things ended."

Her father-in-law Tommy Stack told mourners that Lucy had suffered silently from a young age" but said she was now at peace with her deceased father, David Foster, who died at the age of 43 after a fall from a horse.
Report Kerrygold February 7, 2014 7:29 AM GMT
brutal reading this...very young she was....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com