Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paulie wallnuts
23 Jan 14 20:14
| Topic/replies: 3,239 | Blogger: paulie wallnuts's blog
Last year Monksland.....this year Apache Stronghold.....overall record on the big stage is woeful......
Still attracts big owners......but is unable to get the required results.....
Pause Switch to Standard View Noel Meade......it cant be bad...
Show More
Report workrider January 23, 2014 8:52 PM GMT
What did you make of jps horse in the b/chase today Paulie...?
Report paulie wallnuts January 23, 2014 8:59 PM GMT
Didn't take any notice of it wonks.....not joking either.....was on the fav myself.....and wasn't even watching the end of the race.......it sounds like you think it wasn't really required......that is exactly what I would have expected myself.....
Report workrider January 23, 2014 9:07 PM GMT
Yet a word from the stewards , Wildmanfromborneo , called it right when he called Willies a dog...
Report paulie wallnuts January 23, 2014 9:15 PM GMT
The fav bled from the nose.....
Report Vubiant January 23, 2014 9:30 PM GMT
Fav backers bled from their pocket !
Report workrider January 23, 2014 9:30 PM GMT
Yes ,   just seen tony's post , a good judge standing with me at punchestown questioned his attitude as well ...Still if it bled , nothing you can do about that..
Report silvergreaser January 23, 2014 9:33 PM GMT
One would imagine that bleeding into the lungs must be detrimental to performance, but there is little evidence of this. Severely affected racehorses that finish with a nosebleed do appear to show reduced performance (although the occasional one wins). If, however, there is no visible bleeding and the haemorrhage is only discernible by endoscopy, the picture is far less clear
and most studies have not shown this lower level of bleeding to be clearly associated with poor performance.

Intriguingly, in a study of horses endoscoped because of disappointing performance, we have so far found that not only are poor performers no more likely to bleed than a random group of racehorses, but there is actually a slight trend for them to bleed less. This finding is supported by a study performed in the USA. This does not mean that EIPH improves performance, but it is more likely that horses who perform poorly place slightly less strain on their pulmonary blood vessels.

Trainers often request that horses are examined endoscopically after racing to determine whether they have bled, but I have concerns about the value of this. Since the prevalence of EIPH is so high, especially in older racehorses, discovering that a horse has had a mild to moderate bleed is of little value. In our racecourse survey, around four out of five racehorses aged four or more had EIPH, mostly graded three or four on the five-point scale.

Discovering, therefore, that a four-year-old horse has grade four EIPH after finishing last is of little value — there is a good chance that the winner will have bled as severely!

Read more at http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/horse-care/vet-advice/understanding-nosebleed...
Report Bigwillystyle January 23, 2014 9:41 PM GMT
Silver go back into google and type in the same search you have just done and you will find an article telling you it has a huge effect.
You havent a clue what effect it has and neither do i.
Report silvergreaser January 23, 2014 9:44 PM GMT
The above is a copy and paste from one of the most respected horse magazines, hardly going to publish rubbish are they?.
Report Slabster January 23, 2014 11:24 PM GMT
Why highlight certain lines in bold rather than let people draw their own conclusions from the article? I can use the same article to counter your argument if I do the same thing:

One would imagine that bleeding into the lungs must be detrimental to performance, but there is little evidence of this. Severely affected racehorses that finish with a nosebleed do appear to show reduced performance (although the occasional one wins). If, however, there is no visible bleeding and the haemorrhage is only discernible by endoscopy, the picture is far less clear
and most studies have not shown this lower level of bleeding to be clearly associated with poor performance.

Intriguingly, in a study of horses endoscoped because of disappointing performance, we have so far found that not only are poor performers no more likely to bleed than a random group of racehorses, but there is actually a slight trend for them to bleed less. This finding is supported by a study performed in the USA. This does not mean that EIPH improves performance, but it is more likely that horses who perform poorly place slightly less strain on their pulmonary blood vessels.

Trainers often request that horses are examined endoscopically after racing to determine whether they have bled, but I have concerns about the value of this. Since the prevalence of EIPH is so high, especially in older racehorses, discovering that a horse has had a mild to moderate bleed is of little value. In our racecourse survey, around four out of five racehorses aged four or more had EIPH, mostly graded three or four on the five-point scale.

Discovering, therefore, that a four-year-old horse has grade four EIPH after finishing last is of little value — there is a good chance that the winner will have bled as severely!

Read more at http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/horse-care/vet-advice/understanding-nosebleed...
Report silvergreaser January 23, 2014 11:39 PM GMT
Why did you not bold this line slabster?

(although the occasional one wins)
Report Slabster January 23, 2014 11:45 PM GMT
I did no different to what you did Silver Grin

Seriously though, I was going to but I didn't think it made a whole lot of difference to be honest - 'Occasional' would suggest it's rare enough to me!
Report Slabster January 23, 2014 11:50 PM GMT
Back to Noel Meade, very disappointing if Apache Stronghold goes the way of some of the other talented animals Meade had: Aran Concerto, Nicanor, Go Native, Pandorama all had injury problems.
Report silvergreaser January 23, 2014 11:57 PM GMT
I might as well paste this here too,

015C John Mulhern Galmoy H'dle
The Turf Club Veterinary Officer examined Zaidpour (FR), trained by W.P. Mullins, at the request of the Stewards and reported the animal to be post race normal. Samples were taken for analysis.

015F PMF Accountants Beginners S'chase
W.P. Mullins, trainer of Dogora (FR), reported to the Stewards' Secretaries that his charge burst a blood vessel.

Now it was not the Turf Club vet who reported to the stewards but the trainer which imo leaves his diagnosis open to scepticism, as we know trainers would say just about anything.
Report silvergreaser January 24, 2014 12:00 AM GMT
As for Apache Stronghold why is there rumours going around he will miss the festival or what?.
Report paulie wallnuts January 24, 2014 8:48 AM GMT
Silvergreaser.....he was trading at 16/17 here for about 6 weeks.....now he's 60 to back and nothing to lay......with a week on here.....yet no word from Noel about his wellbeing......anybody who is on him for the Neptune.......and I am one of them sadly.....can wipe their rear end with the docket......
Nice of Noel to inform the public though......the Hunts must be over the moon with him.....
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 10:21 AM GMT
A bit of irony in Paulie Wallnuts complaining about Noel Meade,its a stable run for gamblers.

When Cops And Robbers took a massive drift in a Fairyhouse maiden hurdle and naturally got beat I posted there was something wrong,on came his defenders RicksonG G and One Last Chance saying nothing untoward the drift was because Sizing Rio had better form,a long discussion ensued.Months later in a review of Noel Meades horses it emerged the horse was rotten of its wind and had had multiple operations.

The Noel Meade punters play with a marked deck,nothing sweeter for them than to mop up some money on here without any risk.
Report silvergreaser January 24, 2014 10:23 AM GMT
Well going by that Paulie it does sound suspiciously like we'll be hearing in the news shortly that Apache will miss the festival.

Have to agree I was really looking forward to seeing this horse in action again after  his impressive win last time, looked like he could go around again.
Report paulie wallnuts January 24, 2014 4:24 PM GMT
Wildman.....the noel meade punters would want to be playing with 2 decks......because if they are depending on Noel......god help them.....
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 4:39 PM GMT
Judging by the ones on here RicksonG and One Last Chance they will only play when heavy odds on,only interested in unequal fights.
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 5:44 PM GMT
Cudnt be arsed even arguing with you wild clown to be totally honest I don't give a flying feck how unequal the fight as long as I make a few quid is that what the game is all about making it pay
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 5:45 PM GMT
Your mustn't be as ya do some crying about things when they don't go your way
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 5:51 PM GMT
Your memory ain't too good either,I had no bet on the Cops And Robbers race but the I clearly remember the nonsensical defence,nothing untoward all done on form and then it emerged they were playing with a marked deck,horse rotten of its wind a fact that Noel Meade withheld.
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 6:21 PM GMT
So any trainer with a horse with a wind problem should  make sure everyone knows about it especially you ffs  man catch a grip how many trainers in interviews come on after they win etc come on and say they done something with.there wind  the way ur putting it they would need to be interview befor the race ohh and btw I made a decent few quid in the race
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 6:33 PM GMT
You initially denied you had inside knowledge,you said it was all done on form.

A trainer is supposed to inform the stewards of any relevant reason for a bad run,this information was withheld solely for trading purposes and this is classic insider trading.
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 6:42 PM GMT
Catch a grip ya clown
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 6:45 PM GMT
How many horses has paul  nichools have operated on
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 6:46 PM GMT
Loads but the information is not concealed.
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 6:49 PM GMT
Why where is it
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 6:51 PM GMT
''Judging by the ones on here RicksonG and One Last Chance they will only play when heavy odds on,only interested in unequal fights.''

When Wildmanfromborneo interacts with the markets its like someone who brings a knife to a gunfight, an amateur to the nth degree
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 6:56 PM GMT
I don't know about that,I got the whiff of a large rodent in that market and although it took some time was eventually proved right.
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 6:58 PM GMT
Sure if you were that sure why did you not make a profit from it
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 6:59 PM GMT
If you flip a coin it will either be heads or tails
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 7:00 PM GMT
I see willie running 1 against noel in the bumper tomorrow bad form that from willie he hasn't done that in a while
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 7:09 PM GMT
You are not getting the nuances of the Meade avoiding Mullins thread.

The two times ye played in bumpers on Meade horses were in Galway and Roscommon,both horses backed off the boards one successful but no Mullins horse in opposition.
When the Mullins stable are in full flight he can't avoid him but ye will not back a Meade horse against any of his.
Ye had a half hearted punt on Wildebeest in Fairyhouse when ye heard that the Mullins horse was no good.

I couldn't do anything about that market because I wasn't aware of the wind problem but I knew something wasn't quite right.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 7:18 PM GMT
Nuances? you think vindication is reading the Irish Field 3 months after a race, the real world sees it as money in the bank after betting positive expectation. How do you even know if you are alive Wildmanfromborneo?
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 7:22 PM GMT
Wrong again wildman my money was on the Elliot horse that day 400 snoops down the swany
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 7:24 PM GMT
It was vindication,I said ye knew something,ye both denied it said it was done on form in other words lied through your teeth.

You probably did snaffle that unsuspecting five grand that was trying to get on at 1.43 but anyone could do that when ye had the marked deck,would either of ye be able to earn a Rex left to your own devices.
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 7:26 PM GMT
But sure here no complaints was still up for the day

So what I'd like to know from you is a list of horses that have had wind ops
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 7:29 PM GMT
Well just had 300 on the last fav there at wolver @ 2/1 last night  will that do
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 7:30 PM GMT
''...ye both denied it said it was done on form in other words lied through your teeth.''

Opinion on everything commitment to nothing.

No ide what a rex is, Im under 70
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 7:32 PM GMT
The person who is afraid to stake money calls out the one who does and calls the market correct AND profits. I enjoy teasing you wildmanfromborneo
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 7:34 PM GMT
''Well just had 300 on the last fav there at wolver @ 2/1 last night  will that do ''

Two horse race, you backed the winner at 33%, wildmanfromborneos head is spinning trying to understand this
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 7:38 PM GMT
Wildman did tell me 1 time that I'd no opinion of my own but every time  I put a bet on I have an opinion so wrong again
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 7:49 PM GMT
You had ample time to give your opinion on this " two horse race " at Wolverhampton before the event,you didnt so going on previous form must doubt the veracity of this tale.

RicksonG has recently learnt about betting percentages but we knew years ago that two each of three and three each of four were perfect books,this translating it into percentages is not the least confusing.

I have given many opinions on races usually before they occur and have bet accordingly,naturally not nearly as successful as ye.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 7:53 PM GMT
Decimals are very confusing on first approach I will admit, keep to fractions if you like
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 7:54 PM GMT
''You had ample time to give your opinion on this " two horse race " at Wolverhampton before the event,you didnt so going on previous form must doubt the veracity of this tale.''

Are you aware this is a betting exchange ?
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 7:58 PM GMT
This is a discussion forum but as One Last Chance struck his alleged bet last night his telling us about it would not have dramatic effects on the market.
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 8:03 PM GMT
Tell me why I should have put it up here why would I want someone whom I have never met before to make a profit from this trust. Me wildman iv no need to lie about cause I cudnt care if you believe it or not
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 8:04 PM GMT
Btw where is this list of horses with wind ops
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:05 PM GMT
No. I mean why would you ever want to lay out an opinion in ample time prior to a race? The public odds are not just an important signal – they are a remarkably efficient signal
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:08 PM GMT
Wildmanfromborneo: Betfair - ''This is a discussion forum''
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 8:08 PM GMT
Have no more time for ya this eve wildman off out to try and get the leg over
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 8:09 PM GMT
You have a high opinion of yourself,you putting up a horse would lead most to become layers.

It is noticeable that despite the pair of ye being infrequent contributors you respond in double jig time whenever the infamous Cops And Robbers crops up.

Walter De La Mare wrote about the pair of ye.
Report pa lapsy January 24, 2014 8:10 PM GMT
Come back and tell us about your winners after the races again btw, good night.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:11 PM GMT
''It is noticeable that despite the pair of ye being infrequent contributors you respond in double jig time whenever the infamous Cops And Robbers crops up.''

You keep quoting my name, Im the closest you have been to success in your life, its only polite I say Hi
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 8:11 PM GMT
RicksonG seems lost,he has been on the Betfair Forum for the last few hours,that is a place of discussion.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:12 PM GMT
''Come back and tell us about your winners after the races again btw, good night. ''

19.29 is 60 seconds before post time of 19.30. move quicker old man :)
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 8:14 PM GMT
One Last Chance I hope you are as successful in the leg over department,the sheep on the Mountains of Mourne are frightened.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:14 PM GMT
''RicksonG seems lost,he has been on the Betfair Forum for the last few hours,that is a place of discussion''

some come to the exchange solely to talk it seems.
Report pa lapsy January 24, 2014 8:15 PM GMT
"I,m the closest you have to success in your life",you are some beaut, puke inducing of the highest order.
Report pa lapsy January 24, 2014 8:15 PM GMT
"I,m the closest you have to success in your life",you are some beaut, puke inducing of the highest order.
Report one last chance January 24, 2014 8:16 PM GMT
Il google him when I get time just tell me wildman why I shud tell you what I know befor a race on a public forum betting site shud I have told you the 1st time glens melody didn't travel over well to England didn't eat up etc I knew befor the race or the 2nd day all went well traveled over well ate up etc why should I tell that to someone iv never met or Don't know why do you think that ur special that you should know this
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:19 PM GMT
"I,m the closest you have to success in your life",you are some beaut, puke inducing of the highest order.''

If you spent as much time studying betting as you did writing  3762 comments in the last 4 years...
Report pa lapsy January 24, 2014 8:23 PM GMT
I study alright, don,t you worry and i,m not up my own ar$e either, the betting patterns were extraordinary that day on Cops and Robbers and entitled to still be commented on.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 8:26 PM GMT
RicksonG if you read Pa Lapsys posts you would have netted far more winners than hoping for some morsels from the Noel Meade stable.

One Last Chance has one redeeming feature,he appears to be a friend of Norn Iron and Workrider.

You can surely discuss the merits and demerits of a race without endangering your sources also your betting is hardly big enough to worry about it causing ripples.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:27 PM GMT
Are you aware there is a difference between a comma and an apostrophe? very poor quality english after all that writing you have been doing
Report pa lapsy January 24, 2014 8:30 PM GMT
Another up your own ar$e comment, you are consistent.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:31 PM GMT
''You can surely discuss the merits and demerits of a race without endangering your sources also your betting is hardly big enough to worry about it causing ripples. ''

Well if you spend all your time talking on here you have no need to worry about price or detail do you?

You need to let me go, I see my name quoted far too often from yourself
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:32 PM GMT
'' Another up your own ar$e comment, you are consistent. ''

I pointed out 19.29 is before a post time of 19.30, you never recovered
Report wildmanfromborneo January 24, 2014 8:34 PM GMT
It is possible to do the two.

You are constantly reading this forum just not contributing.
Report Ozymandius January 24, 2014 8:35 PM GMT
A proper racing thread Plain
Report pa lapsy January 24, 2014 8:35 PM GMT
Pure rubbish you are spouting, it was about 8.00 i looked at the thread, what in Gods name are ya on about? Think.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:37 PM GMT
''You are constantly reading this forum just not contributing. ''

????
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:39 PM GMT
''Pure rubbish you are spouting, it was about 8.00 i looked at the thread, what in Gods name are ya on about? Think. ''

one last chance

one last chance
24 Jan 14 19:29
| Topic/replies: 793 | Blogger: one last chance's blog
Well just had 300 on the last fav there at wolver @ 2/1 last night  will that do

pa lapsy

pa lapsy
24 Jan 14 20:10
| Topic/replies: 3,765 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
Come back and tell us about your winners after the races again btw, good night.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:41 PM GMT
''It is possible to do the two.''

You are not betting right if you think so
Report pa lapsy January 24, 2014 8:47 PM GMT
And what are ya on about never "recovering" about,so you are just making an accusation against me that i didn,t reply at the time, mightn,t have been here, but the aftertime is there.(check out them comma,s btw)
"I,m the closest to success that you have in your life", honestly who the fook would think nevermind write such a thing.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:54 PM GMT
''check out them comma,s btw)
"I,m the closest to success that you have in your life", honestly who the fook would think nevermind write such a thing. ''

hahahahahahaha the smile on my face reading this cannot be translated to words
Report pa lapsy January 24, 2014 8:56 PM GMT
Says a lot about ya.
Report RicksonG January 24, 2014 8:58 PM GMT
''you'', please.
Report neill d January 24, 2014 10:14 PM GMT
Aran concerto and Nicanor could have been as good as anything we had in this county in the last 7 or 8 years.
Report The Gotchee January 24, 2014 10:47 PM GMT
Cardinal Hill was supposed to be the second coming, anyone remember him?
Report The Gotchee January 24, 2014 11:29 PM GMT
In relation to Cardinal Hill. I had a friend who was closely associated with that stable who told me that Cardinal was the best they ever had in the yard. Even to this day if anyone knows Noel Meade, ask him what was the best horse he ever trained and I am sure he will tell you it was Cardinal Hill. As an aside, Cardinal Hill was by the sire Thowra who was a son of Sadlers Wells and he stood for the bargain basement price of 900 sterling. When Cardinal Hill was winning all around him, J.P. Mc Manus, on two occasions, sent the dam of Cardinal Hill to Sadlers Wells believing that he could improve her progeny. (at the time Sadlers Wells stood for 150,000.00 punts.) The dam produced two progeny, Sporting Limerick who won a maiden hurdle and got a handicap mark of 104 and died as a six year old. The other was a moderate maiden called Day Day. Sadly he never sent the mare back to Thowra.)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com