Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
11 Jan 14 18:27
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: workrider's blog
One thats very interesting is Seskinane , beat a couple of Willies hotpots in Sligo , only to lose the race in the stewards room ..His last run at D.R. I felt he was about to run a massive race only to be brought to a standstill and finally unship the rider , getting 12lbs  ( inc riders claim ) tomorrow I think this is the e/w steel ..Mad Brian will find it hard to give so much weight to this fellow ...
Pause Switch to Standard View ......NAVAN TOMORROW .......
Show More
Report workrider January 11, 2014 9:45 PM GMT
P.S. I backed Elsie e/w ...
Report dj876 January 11, 2014 9:52 PM GMT
U laid Dessie Hughes's horse in the first??You put it up on the other thread as one of your main bets??(it must be a different Hughes WR?)
because how would you go from really fancying one to laying it,there should be an ocean of middle ground in between??
Report tony57 January 11, 2014 9:52 PM GMT
welldone wr...I had a good day after a bad start..had a few bob e/w on shotgun paddy..and deputy dan..got 5/1 last night..you were right about twinlight.
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:03 PM GMT
DJ876 , I also said i thought it was very short and that Willie and Noel had a strong hand ..I had a look at him in the paddock and decided to lay it , after the 2nd fence i thought i had no chance of collecting  , when Willies fell and nearly brought down Pauls mount ...
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 10:05 PM GMT
" ended up "
When Workrider put up Si CEtait Vrai the horse was trading at around 2.66 here,he probable was odds on when Workrider became a layer which is why he said ended up.
He may also have watched him in the paddock and wasn't happy with what he saw.

Putting up selections the night before is fraught with danger,conditions can change there can be non runners.
I fancied a horse of Tom Foleys in a recent Thurles bumper but when I saw him I thought he should have been withdrawn as he looked injured to me.
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:06 PM GMT
Twinlight never jumped a fence Tony , Ruby made a remarkable recovery , but he was beat to far out to really know if he stayed or not , he's normally a very good jumper so i was a little taken aback by that display....
Report tony57 January 11, 2014 10:09 PM GMT
I made my bed , I took a view ,but knew it may not stay ..and paid the price..i wont go near it again over 2m.
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2014 10:11 PM GMT
wildmanfromborneo......now please do not try to defend the indefensible here.....the conditions didn't change.....there were no non runners.....and there was nothing wrong with the horse in the ring......
basically what you have here is a man tipping a horse pre race.....and telling us he laid it post race.....if the horse had won....you'd have all the usual backslappers.....including yourself......congratulating him......
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:12 PM GMT
I'd give it a second chance Tony , that was not its true running today , don't let that run put you off , Twinlight is a progressive horse and should be followed when returning to 2m....
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:13 PM GMT
Paulie , do you believe me when i tell you i layed it to win £100..? I am a paddock watcher , and i didn't like what i saw in the ring and layed it...
Report tony57 January 11, 2014 10:16 PM GMT
paulie do us a favour ..take your bad mind somewere else..were just trying to have a chat
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 10:17 PM GMT
The price certainly changed.

Workrider does like to study them in the parade ring,he might not have liked what he saw.

Maybe he read what Keen Leader said about him,that would have changed many a mind.
Keen Leader was spot on as he pure stopped.
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2014 10:17 PM GMT
Yes I do believe you......and that is the amazing thing.....yer not even lying.....or aftertiming as they call it here....
Could I ask you what you didn't like about in the ring.....just wondering.....
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2014 10:19 PM GMT
Tony57......don't get me started please......
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:19 PM GMT
He looked a little jaded and was disinterested , nothing else , plus his price invited a lay ....
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2014 10:22 PM GMT
that's fair enough wonks......at least you have a reason for your actions......I genuinely think your reasoning has no basis.....but at least it came up for you this time.....
Report dj876 January 11, 2014 10:24 PM GMT
Paulie is 100% correct here,how do these comments become a lay   "there is money to be made tomorrow with a couple of tasty bets imo...Up first is SI C'ETAIT VRAI ...After its last run surely worth a good bet , he has been highly tried all season , and should finally get his reward for his consistency tomorrow"

It's not credible for a rational punter.
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:24 PM GMT
If he was ever going to win a race it was today , the way the race panned out for him today leaves me wondering if hes not best fresh , he really should have won today ..
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:27 PM GMT
workrider     11 Jan 14 10:36 
I would be very reluctant to take such a short price on Hughes in the first , thought it would have been around the 7/4 mark tbh , and with both Willie and  Noel having a strong hand its price has become uninviting ....
Report keen leader January 11, 2014 10:29 PM GMT
I think it is fun to draw equine comparisons between the past and present.

in champion hurdle terms I have termed my tent or yours as the new harchibald, and our conor as the new Detroit city.

after today we have a new entry....vautour...the new mikhael dhaguenet

and after tomorrow...milsean... the new rough justice.
Report by purpose January 11, 2014 10:29 PM GMT
Grown men.You could not make this up.The same crap day after day.Im about to block 4 posters but really i would do myself a favour if i just quit looking in on this garbage.
Report dj876 January 11, 2014 10:31 PM GMT
This was at 10.36 this morning so the truth is your change of mind nothing to do with your "Paddock inspections" but you wisely value Keen Leader's opinion a lot higher than your own.Your last quote is in stark contrast to your initial thread starter??
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 10:31 PM GMT
When DJ876 says rational punter he means himself,he also means a mind so crammed with ludicrous learned off rules that he can't think straight.
He puts plenty of work in but has no feel for the game.

Punting to him is painting by numbers.
Report tony57 January 11, 2014 10:33 PM GMT
kl you must know about the giggy horse to call it rough justice?..so your laying it?
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:37 PM GMT
DJ , WAS IT NOT YOURSELF WHO ADVOCATED VALUE AS A GOLDEN RULE OF BETTING ?...I LOOKED AT THIS LAD IN THE PADDOCK , HE DID NOT APPEAL TO ME , AS I SAID HE LOOKED DISINTERESTED AND JADED , LOOKED AT HIS PRICE , AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF , NO VALUE IN BACKING HIM , THIS IS A LAY ....YOU SHOULD TRY AND HAVE A LOOK AT THEM IN THE PADDOCK , ITS AMAZING WHAT IS SOMETIMES REVEALED THERE...
Report keen leader January 11, 2014 10:39 PM GMT
tony I have laid more than half the money already matched on the horse, not in a million years an 11/10 shot...the race re-run in 12 months time I will predict he would have no takers at 10/1.i have done the legwork and seen him with my own eyes, if he proves my judgement wrong, I will get in back in spades in future.
Report tony57 January 11, 2014 10:40 PM GMT
thanks kl..that,ll do for me..
Report tobywong. January 11, 2014 10:41 PM GMT
paulie has the wankrider spot on again , as usual!!!
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:43 PM GMT
Now now cleggy , time for your nap surely ...As a matter of interest Paulie where you there today ..?
Report timberman January 11, 2014 10:44 PM GMT
Could have 5 odds on favourites tomorrow ..mullins in the first 2 and last...meades gigginstown & mad Brian....Gallant Oscar looks like been short in the handicap hurdle as well..How many of the 6 will go in though Keen?
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2014 10:46 PM GMT
I was there wonks.....staying for navan too.....
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:46 PM GMT
K.L. were you there today , and if so what was your impression of hughes in the paddock...
Report tobywong. January 11, 2014 10:47 PM GMT
keep away from the usa racing now wankrider LaughLaughLaugh
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:47 PM GMT
Did you have a look at him then..? and what did you make of him in the paddock...
Report Ozymandius January 11, 2014 10:48 PM GMT
Proper racing thread Plain
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:49 PM GMT
FFS bb MUST BE OVER....
Report Ozymandius January 11, 2014 10:52 PM GMT
Wonks, just one question, what with you being our so called pre-eminent paddock judge n'all, how come Kl has subsequently derisorily described your selection tomorrow as a Pony?

Presumably you will be reversing your judgement on this one also?
Report tobywong. January 11, 2014 10:53 PM GMT
luv it ozy Laugh
Report workrider January 11, 2014 10:55 PM GMT
Foggy and  Cleggy together , where's Compo lads...Laugh
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2014 10:55 PM GMT
I don't go to the parade ring.....I wait and see what people are doing.....and I usually follow.....I never heard anybody else say they didn't like him in the ring.....its not much point somebody like myself going looking when I don't know what I am looking for.....paddock watching is really for experienced experts.....
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 10:57 PM GMT
I have raced for years and met many punters some very successful but I have never come across one as good as Keen Leader.

This is just an observation but if JP or Charles Byrnes pals ever want to manipulate a market just send that man five grand and tell him to rag their selection.

No sooner had Keen Leader spoken negatively about Milsean  huge sums started to appear to lay him,sadly the greedy that jumped in will probably mean we will hear less and less from Keen Leader.

I am not a layer as I have seen Willie Mullins inherit yaks and turned them into champions,many times I have been told a Willie Mullins bumper horse was useless in the point to point field but still danced in.
Report tony57 January 11, 2014 10:58 PM GMT
wr..just blank it..ignore them.
Report tony57 January 11, 2014 10:59 PM GMT
I wouldn't even try to lay it till tomorrow..carnt be much doe in the race?
Report workrider January 11, 2014 11:00 PM GMT
Paulie , a personal question , don't answer if you dont want to , were you by any chance wearing a grey striped hat today and standing near Frank Berry on the steps...
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 11:03 PM GMT
One notorious after timer Tobywong grunting support for the king of after timers is nauseating,especially as they completely miss the point.
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2014 11:03 PM GMT
I had a wooly hat on wonks.....im actually colour blind....not messing either.....if I was standing near frank berry.....it was purely coincidental.....
Report Ozymandius January 11, 2014 11:04 PM GMT
The other amusing aspect of this thread was Scouse Tony admitting that he had already selected the wrong hoss in the bumper.  Plus ca change.

His selections on here today went down the pan, remarkably he still ends up having a good day. Fair play!  You couldn't make it up!  Lucky Scouse Tony.  Never tips a winner, yet is always up!
Report workrider January 11, 2014 11:06 PM GMT
You were pointed out to me today so Paulie , by someone who thinks highly of you ..
Report Ozymandius January 11, 2014 11:07 PM GMT
Calm down Tony, we need characters like you.
Report tobywong. January 11, 2014 11:07 PM GMT
and right on cue, the other old c u n t arrives Cry
Report tony57 January 11, 2014 11:09 PM GMT
you can see my bets ****..a 10/1 winner today in black and white on my page..i don't tell lies im not childish and try to prove who I am..i live in Liverpool..were do you?..first it was Ireland..then spain..now were?..got caught out telling porkies..again..im a honest man....I don't need to lie..now **** off and take your childish **** with you..
Report workrider January 11, 2014 11:09 PM GMT
Cleggy , rinse out that tongue of yours , even Compo is not that vile...
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2014 11:09 PM GMT
there cant have been too many of them fellas there wonks......best of luck to you tomorrow.....
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 11:09 PM GMT
The foul mouthed teacher Tobywong has befriended the equally foul mouthed Ozymandius,Kingrat should join the gratuitous swearing fest.
Report workrider January 11, 2014 11:13 PM GMT
Thanks Paulie , the same to you...
Report tobywong. January 11, 2014 11:13 PM GMT
anyway back to the nfl , cheerio wankrider ( the us racing chaser)Laugh and wildman ( the full bank layer) LaughLaugh , some gamblers alright!!
Report Ozymandius January 11, 2014 11:15 PM GMT
Speaking of foul mouthedness, Scouse Tony unleashed a vile homophobic verbal assault on me today.  He should be thankful that I don't report such nonsense, looked to me like a potential red card offence.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 11:16 PM GMT
In between the pathetic contributions of the two foul mouthed after timers I think we witnessed a cyber handshake and I for one applaud it.
Report tobywong. January 11, 2014 11:16 PM GMT
ha the truth hurts wildman Happy
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 11:18 PM GMT
What truth is that ?

You set some example with your inability to post without swearing,I shudder to think what you teach.
Report Ozymandius January 11, 2014 11:20 PM GMT
I don't think Paulie Walnuts is the type to not speak his mind just because Wonks has made an attempt to ingratiate himself.  He will continue to tear strips off him.
Report tobywong. January 11, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
not to worry wildman , i wouldn't teach your mus lim grandkids !
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2014 11:29 PM GMT
I wouldn't let you teach anyone's kids.
You are foul mouthed short tempered and incapable of rational thought.
Report tobywong. January 11, 2014 11:33 PM GMT
I don't teach kids anyways Dawn,so not to worry Wink
Report silvergreaser January 11, 2014 11:57 PM GMT
I watched the Man Utd Swansea game then nodded off on the couch and woke up around eleven, when I went to sleep there were 2 posts on the Navan thread when I woke up there were 67 new posts, Jesus Navan of all places has really got the forum juices flowing???, but alas it turned out to be the usual tit for tat....
Report Santry January 12, 2014 7:16 AM GMT
Think Chancol will win the opener-ran a decent race at Leopardstown as a sighter and should be better today and in the last Bonzo Bing may be worth taking a chance on at a decent price-there was money for it at Leopardstown and all it done was stay and track may suit better today. Good luck all.
Report silvergreaser January 12, 2014 9:20 AM GMT
Well done santry for getting the thread back on topic.

I agree with you as regards Chancol certainly has by far the best recent form but as always with a Mullins newcomer you don't really know how good they are, Aklan was decent enough on the flat.
Jessies The Engineer was no mug before his long sabbatical, might just be out to shake off the cobwebs before going chasing as its last run before its absence was a beginners chase 2nd to Gift of the Gab, but if fit and ready to go it would have a chance.
Best to see what the market vibes are before investing.

Flaxen Flare looks a worthy enough opponent for Un de Seaux but many seem to think UDS is the real deal I'm not convinced just yet so I might have a speculative punt on Flaxen as Foildubhs hurdle form is no great shakes and I suppose Akatara is turning up again to grab 4th place prizemoney.

In the 1.40 Leavethelighton looks the proverbial ew bet to nothing against the hot fav.

The same can be said for Pencilhimin in the 2.10, and with Robbie Power reunited with the horse whom he won on first time out suggests connections expect a good showing.

The 2.40 looks between two Mad Brian and Irish Thistle and with Mad Brian proven at the trip and who runs nearly all his best races at the Meath tracks he looks a solid punt to me even at around 4/5.

In the 3.10 if Shepherd King can rediscover his defeat of Hit The Headlines and Minsk at this track he too looks a sound ew investment, that connections are bringing the horse back to Navan suggests to me a return to form could be imminent?, he has dropped 3lb in his two sub pars runs so only 7lb higher than his Navan victory.

Happy punting!.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 12, 2014 9:49 AM GMT
Very uncompetitive fare.

Noel Meade not training many winners but any he does get seem to get solos,Wounded Warrior has no opposition so watch the combined forces punting the bejaysus out of it.

I am not sure the small field will suit Mad Brian so think Irish Thistle worth a bet.

Harney fancies Bonzo Bing in the bumper and has decent form,Sucker Punch is either useless or doing someone a favour last time although he is by a sire I hate,Scorpion they will all be temperamental,there was some negatives for Milsean here earlier but he won a Dromahane point to point which means he definitely stays and they generally are good,he will do for me.

I like Barneys Honour in the Foxrock Chase but am worried about Ms L ONeill does anyone know anything about her,could she be a banner girl.
Report workrider January 12, 2014 10:06 AM GMT
A punting friend of mine was mighty impressed with W.W lto and likes this fellow a lot , so you could be right about a massive punt , btw he has no inside info from this yard , and punts on what he sees....
Report ko2 January 12, 2014 10:25 AM GMT
Milsean will win the bumper and he will do it easily
Report workrider January 12, 2014 10:39 AM GMT
OLC ,  will see you there ...
Report silvergreaser January 12, 2014 10:42 AM GMT
Willies comments for todays runners:

"Aklan (Ruby) makes his hurdling debut in the 2 mile maiden hurdle. He is a nice type to have as a maiden at this time of year and, if he can bring his flat form to jumps, he will fit in well here. He jumps well at home but we are not sure that this heavy ground will suit him. Un De Sceaux (Ruby) goes for the 2 mile conditions hurdle. He is in great form at home and this looks like another nice opportunity. Hopefully this will be another step up the ladder to meeting graded opposition. Popcorn (Ruby) has his first run in a handicap in the 2m 4f handicap chase. He will love the ground and is a very good jumper. He has a tough task here with his weight but we have to take our chance when is like this. Milsean (Patrick) has his first run for us in the bumper. He is a lovely big strong chasing type who has won a point to point. This tough track should suit and we think he will handle the ground. Hopefully he will be involved at the business end."

"Hopefully he will be involved at the business end?", I know its often pointless reading too much into Willes comments as he can often be cryptic, but would'nt you prefer if he said I think he should be involved at the business end instead of hoping?.
Probably be punted off the boards?
Report The Gotchee January 12, 2014 10:44 AM GMT
Follow the sign, E/W in the handicap hurdle, ran his best race in over a year and looks like he is coming back to form.The handicapper has dropped him a few pounds so I expect a good run.
Pencilhimin.in the same race is a very interesting runner, a 9 year old full brother to War of Attrition who is only having his 5th run over hurdles,he has a lot of scope for improvement. His new trainers strike rate is off-putting.

Shinrock Paddy E/W 10/1 has lots of ability, although he is a hit and miss type character. A Grade one winner over hurdles, he is still a maiden over fences(Placed 5 from 9). He needs to be ridden prominently so the application of blinkers for the first time today just might do the trick. There is no doubt that he is well handicapped.
Report silvergreaser January 12, 2014 10:59 AM GMT
Wildman what do you think of the first race where Meade has the horse with the best recent form and Mullins has the untapped one off the flat.

Certainly has potential for your theory?.
Report one last chance January 12, 2014 11:03 AM GMT
Off racing think wonded warrior is the bet off the day
Report silvergreaser January 12, 2014 11:07 AM GMT
Bloody hell it looks like Un de Seaux is the real deal now as short as 1/10 in places from 1/5, I think I'll cancel my speculative punt on Flaxen Flare.
Report Distant View January 12, 2014 11:10 AM GMT
Killiney Court was a big eye catcher last time at Leopardstown.

Unlike many of Colm Murphy's he looks a natural over the hurdles and he ran well under very tender handling.

It is hard to see this being any more than another day out for him, but he would be interesting each way if any money came for him. It is more likely that the owner will go for the win at Leopardstown in 2 weeks though.
Report silvergreaser January 12, 2014 11:17 AM GMT
ah no wonder Flaxen Flare is a nr but was still in the betting when I checked last.
Report tony57 January 12, 2014 11:34 AM GMT
anyone got a opinion on GALANT OSCAR?..has only had the one run for martin and now with ruby up..it has attracted some support..but im weary to back in a race like this?
Report silvergreaser January 12, 2014 11:41 AM GMT
The booking of ruby does catch the eye Tony but with Martin you often have to thread carefully, but already backed Pencilhimin ew.
Report tony57 January 12, 2014 11:47 AM GMT
thanks silver..belive me im treading carefully were tony ,artin is concerned
Report kingrat January 12, 2014 11:59 AM GMT
is the op backing seskinane to win?backing e.w?laying it to lose?laying it for a place? or is wr waiting until the paddock inspection.
Report Ozymandius January 12, 2014 12:06 PM GMT
Really excited to see Un de Sceaux again, I guess we will learn very little, but there is something about this hoss and the way it moves that causes a frisson of expectation and excitement not dissimilar to seeing a young Raquel Welsh for the first time.  As George Hook would say.
Report keen leader January 12, 2014 12:58 PM GMT
done the following bets to try an earn.

50 e/w db  sucker punch 11/4  and  Rudolf without wounded warrior  15/2.....plus kettlewell 6/4 in a 50 e/w treble.

50 e/w db  sucker punch 11/4  and  I wonder why  without wounded warrior 10/1...plus kettlewell 6/4 in a 50 e/w treb.

lets see how these little wagers turn out..
Report Ozymandius January 12, 2014 1:14 PM GMT
Best of luck, Maestro!
Report Ozymandius January 12, 2014 2:52 PM GMT
That PP last fence offer sure helps!
Report kavvie January 12, 2014 2:53 PM GMT
will they pay tho?..it was an unseat?cost me a good bit
Report Ozymandius January 12, 2014 2:55 PM GMT
geez..don't tell me that kavvie!
Report kavvie January 12, 2014 3:01 PM GMT
i hope im wrong but a faller is when horse falls ..lets us know..ill be intrested with their shady dealings lately
Report Ozymandius January 12, 2014 3:22 PM GMT
already refunded, Kavvie
Report kavvie January 12, 2014 3:25 PM GMT
fair dues..i rem doing one years ago and they argued it didnt fall..well done
Report timberman January 12, 2014 3:47 PM GMT
6 favourites and irish thistle 2nd fav taking advantage of Mad Brian in the other race, Been a bookie in Navan today cant be fun
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods January 12, 2014 7:17 PM GMT
Milsean looked very impressive. Sucker Punch looks useless
Report timberman January 12, 2014 7:20 PM GMT
KL cant get them all right...easy home in on milsean but the winner in the first yesterday, captain chris, Irish whisper/Mad Brian , winner in wolv today etc.....top drawer shouts
Report dj876 January 12, 2014 7:22 PM GMT
The combined forces knew.
Report tony57 January 12, 2014 7:27 PM GMT
kl gave his opinion..as has been said he carnt be right always..it did win well tho..but that's racing..we pays our money ..meades must be a morning glory?
Report The Gotchee January 12, 2014 8:00 PM GMT
dj876 12 Jan 14 19:22 Joined: 01 Jul 10 | Topic/replies: 4,461 | Blogger: dj876's blog
The combined forces knew.

What do you mean with this post, what am I missing?
Report Ozymandius January 12, 2014 8:03 PM GMT
A sarcastic reference to Borneo's ramblings for the past couple of years.  Do you not read his posts?
Report dj876 January 12, 2014 8:17 PM GMT
Not necessarily sarcasm in this instance (as I portrayed in the post that he couldn't follow) and in fairness to Wildman he did caution about laying horses that are having their first run for WPM.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 16, 2015 12:03 PM BST
keen leader • January 11, 2014 10:29 PM GMT
I think it is fun to draw equine comparisons between the past and present.
in champion hurdle terms I have termed my tent or yours as the new harchibald, and our conor as the new Detroit city.
after today we have a new entry....vautour...the new mikhael dhaguenet
and after tomorrow...milsean... the new rough justice.

Some interesting comparisons !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com