Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
01 Nov 13 19:55
| Topic/replies: 31,464 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Another great poster who seems to have gone missing , along with  Princess , something or other , cant remember his second name , both worth listening to on p2p horses ..We could do with them back....
Pause Switch to Standard View .......WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO...
Show More
Report pa lapsy November 1, 2013 7:03 PM GMT
Princess D'Anjou I think, yeah really knew their horses, DingleMick another who was a brilliant poster, haven,t seen Monte Cristo,Punchestown,Oufies Pal for a while either, think DJ is gone for a break as well which is a shame.
Report workrider November 1, 2013 7:20 PM GMT
Thats him alright Pa , D'anjou , yeah dinglemick another smashing poster  gone missing , and the others you mention , pity , we should get back to what this forum was good at , giving honest opinions , feck the begrudgers who are only on here to annoy ...
Report pa lapsy November 1, 2013 7:27 PM GMT
You,ld only laugh at them at this stage(the begrudgers),just showing themself up for the pity they are.
Very good crew(above) and said it this morning they were a different class,JayTrump another missing.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 1, 2013 7:31 PM GMT
Princesse DAnjou was based in England and followed the point to points,a great knowledgeable poster.

Allduckornodinner another good poster was surprised when he told us he was a graduate,even more surprising for here you knew it to be true,Paulie Wallnuts didn't like him there was an implication that he owed his boss some money.

The other four mentioned by Pa Lapsy were always interesting and knew their racing.
Report workrider November 1, 2013 7:31 PM GMT
Yeah Jay another good one on the missing list ...Heading out soon Pa , will chat when i get back ...
Report workrider November 1, 2013 7:33 PM GMT
That's correct Wildmanfromborneo , he was based in England , HOPEFULLY HE'S STILL AROUND AND COMES ON AND GIVES US A CALL ...
Report punchestown November 1, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
Thanks for the mention lads,just waiting for the muppet show that takes over every thread to die down a bit and I'd say there's a few more people hoping the same,workrider see "The Beast" is back out tomorrow Cool
Report soldieroffortune November 1, 2013 9:34 PM GMT
Gents I think we all know why quality posters such as the ones mentioned have decided to leave. There's a malaise, an infection, a disease, call it what you like running through this place and until the likes of Ozymandius and kingrat depart, the Irish Forum will continue rapidly on its downward spiral.
Report workrider November 1, 2013 10:31 PM GMT
Think i'll be heading up Punchestown , waiting to see  what the weather is like first , Norn will give me a ring early , hope he jumps round and gets his season off on the right foot....
Report workrider November 1, 2013 10:31 PM GMT
The Beast that is , not NORN....Laugh
Report norn iron November 1, 2013 10:39 PM GMT
LOT RAIN FORCAST UP TIL 1/2PM  VERY STRONG WINDS  COULD BE BARSTOOL JOB  THINK FIRST LIETENANT WINS
Report workrider November 1, 2013 10:41 PM GMT
LOOKS as if i'll be staying home so.....
Report Santry November 2, 2013 7:24 AM GMT
Its unfortunate so many decent posters have stopped posting in the last while and the reason is plain to see.I have taken to blocking the culprits and sometimes I go to read threads and all I read is "this post is blocked". Better than reading there "thoughts" though. Dont know why lads engage with them at all. Ignore them and they may go away.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 8:59 AM GMT
If any of the likes of Princess D'Anjou, DingleMick, Monte Cristo come on here and say that I am the reason that they have stopped posting I will seriously consider stopping myself.

The fact is there is a natural attrition in posters, peoples circumstances change etc. etc.

The irony here is that the handful of people I have adverse relations on here (and really there only is one, the others are offshoots of this central poisonous feud), are all going strong, with no sign of them leaving.

Make of that what you will.

The fact is there will always be an element who take the piss on here, there always has been..witness the departure over the years of the likes of Stamford Bridge, Blessington, etc. etc etc.

The very occasional contributors who come on here simply to complain about the good old days would be better advised to constructively contribute rather than reminisce.  The really solid clued up posters generally do not get any stick.  Perhaps Lapsy is the exception to this, but he went on a very bad run and then got dragged into a slagging match which didn't suit him.

I notice no one draws attention to Borneo's role in the supposed deterioration of the forum.  On a daily basis he starts provocative threads, calling out certain posters, sometimes even in thread titles.  Often first thing in the morning to fill a few hours.  Why not call upon him to stop this? If he did, I guarantee there would be a massive improvement in forum relations.
Report pa lapsy November 2, 2013 9:23 AM GMT
Santry is a 100% right,but there is a lot of truth with what you are saying regarding "natural wastage" still ye have some away with the fairies idea of taking over the forum,the Kingrock coup and yourself is quoted last night as "there is a new regime"
Honestly are ye off your chuck? Ye have nothing to give yourselves with the exception of Rocketfingers who is in general fairly clued up with his football. The old school "gave"to the forum,you seem to be intent on just taking,you have nothing to offer Ozy,whereas WMFB actually does. Just saying it the way i see it and won,t be taking up anymore "debate" on a pointless exercise.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 9:28 AM GMT
I wouldn't expect you to have a balanced view tbf Pa.  You took on Kingrat and he filleted you and you have been bitter ever since.

Not a mention ether of Richters and Wonks having a constant and unnecessary go at our best poster, Dj.  Why doesn't that get highlighted on this thread?  Nor the 'contributions' of FreddieK.

Honestly, its like Civil War politics, it appears no one involved can apply any perspective.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 9:32 AM GMT
Del , just have a look at the time you , shamefaced , it must be said , LEFT , there was a serenity about this place that was sweet , take the hint ....
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 9:35 AM GMT
Serenity Laugh
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 9:37 AM GMT
I know precisely what will bring serenity to this place but unfortunately it is unprintable Mischief
Report pa lapsy November 2, 2013 9:39 AM GMT
A post full of lies Ozy(10.28),didn,t expect anything else,Kingrat couldn,t fillet anyone he wouldn,t take a 50 to 70 and that as you know is fact.
I,ve the greatest respect for DJ but to be fair he might have fired the opening salvo there.
A great loss to you however as doubt very much you have any interest in his well being only what you can make off him.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 9:48 AM GMT
DJ hasn't gone anywhere, don't worry, no more than myself or yourself had Wink

You called Kinger out to lay horses, they lost, you looked very silly.  Not ur best move, Pa.

DJ called it like he saw it wrt Wonky and Richters.  And he got it right.  Its not a kindergarden, Pa.
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 10:02 AM GMT
what is the likelihood d'you think of anyone ever describing Ozy as 'a great poster'?

outside of the moron triumvirate it'll never happen. Yet it is his likes that we have to put up with and not the ALLDUCKORNODINNERs.
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 10:42 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com