Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
01 Nov 13 19:00
| Topic/replies: 31,464 | Blogger: workrider's blog
I'm fully convinced S. E. Does not truly stay 3 miles and he is my lay of the day tomorrow ....A little surprised R Power getting the gig on Dedigout , Jessie has a runner in that race  as well , is this a hint that all's not well between them....
Pause Switch to Standard View .........DOWN ROYAL TOMORROW ......
Show More
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 7:10 PM GMT
The reality is you don't consistently pick winners anyway, Wonks. Value or no value.

If I had a euro for every time you 'highlight a fine stamp of a horse who will come on for the run'....who does nothing of the sort...well....
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 7:12 PM GMT
the reality is Ozy....you're unemployed
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 7:14 PM GMT
Anybody? Anything of interest?

No one can even be bothered putting a word in for you, Freddie.
Report silvergreaser November 2, 2013 7:14 PM GMT
bloody hell I went to the pub for my usual Saturday afternoon pints, come back and see 59 replies on a Down Royal thread?.

Well we saw the usual from SE, the biggest softie in racing, and Ozy was right FL was miles away from full fitness.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 7:16 PM GMT
YOU must have a very small bank so Del , Sadly another racing thread goes west , why do i bother ..A few on here determined to see this forum down down the swanee for personal gain...
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 7:18 PM GMT
Thank you Greaser.

And there was I thinking that my great insight had gone unnoticed amongst the cacophony of praise for Wonks Wink
Report workrider November 2, 2013 7:19 PM GMT
Silvergreaser , i have to disagree with you re F/L fitness , ffs sake just had a winner thrown out in santa ....Cry
Report workrider November 2, 2013 7:44 PM GMT
DJ .just had a brief look at some of the bets you put up , shocked that a VALUE man like yourself backs so many odds on shots...And most of them got beat ....Shocked.....Surely that cant be VALUE as we know it...Maybe you have a secret recipe that you'd care to share with the forum...Cool.
Report richters November 2, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
good stuff workrider,hes a total bluffer who loves the sound of his own voice......
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 7:52 PM GMT
The above two posts for me, sum up everything that is wrong about this forum.

Unlike you, Wonks, DJ keeps a running tally of his recommendations on here.  Even after his two most recent losses its probably something like 13/18.  Niether you, nor Dickie (or me) have ever got anywhere near that strike rate.  And they are not all odds on, as you imply.

And yet you have the audacity to have a go at him?  He doesn't have his tongue up other peoples ar$es on here and isn't afraid to call a spade a spade.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 7:53 PM GMT
Amazing that a guy who shouts the odds about Value could possibly be so gullible regarding said Value ....A bookmaker once told me , the surest way to the poor house is backing odds on shots ....I'm sure his THEORY is real though Richters ....Laugh
Report dj876 November 2, 2013 7:56 PM GMT
15 winners out of last 22 tips.
5 were odds on and 4 were winners.Tipped at odds on but went off odds against-the only odds on loser.
Over 23 points profit over the last 9 weeks.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 7:57 PM GMT
If a 1/10 shot is priced at 9/10 does that not represent value?  Of course it does.

Fact is, he displays a profit and a consistent strike rate.  You don't.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 7:58 PM GMT
Put up his tips so Del , I'm sure you as a follower of the good man can bring them up , and then we can ALL see the great mans winning ways , I'm sure he won't mind , in fact I'd say he'd be very grateful to you....As DJ already said i dont understand Value , so by putting them up here ye can really teach me a lesson....good man...
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 8:00 PM GMT
Are you suggesting that he is lying?

I am sure Dj would be able to stick them up easier that I would, though frankly you would need t be a bit thick to be questioning the man's record.
Report richters November 2, 2013 8:01 PM GMT
your good.......you must be very proud of yourself....you hold yourself in very high esteem dj,it must be heartwarming when you log on here to see ozy blow his load over your every word.....
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 8:03 PM GMT
I always give praise where its due.

The forum should be a meritocracy rather than an exercise in mutual annulingis.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 8:05 PM GMT
what sort of prices DJ ..JUST INTERESTED...
Report dj876 November 2, 2013 8:11 PM GMT
There is 10 off them off the top of my head workrider,I can sort out the full list if you don't believe me with the loser as well-Including the 2 I got ridiculed about during the week

Leading light--9/2
Mango Diva   --11/4
Captain CEE bee--7/4
Gordon lord Byron--9/2
Kaki de la pree--evs
Art of Logistics--5/2
Billy no name--4/5
Lay of Seanad referendum at 1/2---Ha scraping the barrell there
Balnaslow --4/5
My titania --13/8
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 8:19 PM GMT
Ozy enough with those gay innuendos please.
Report dj876 November 2, 2013 8:36 PM GMT
Not at all putting myself forward as a betting expert but I do understand the basics of probability.

You wear a blindfold on this forum and play the man not the ball.I am objective and if I disagree with someone-I will call it.

You will back up Pa,Workrider and Richters -no matter if they are completely incorrect.
Richters is the least constructive poster on here,ridicules tipping threads after the races and uses disgusting language with his overt name calling constantly.

If ^^^^ was Kingrat,you'd be wailing.
Report richters November 2, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
booooohooooo dj,report it then mug.....
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 8:46 PM GMT
No problem with you disagreeing but that's not what you did,you just attacked and tried to ridicule a poster who hadn't engaged with you at all.

'twas you playing the man not the ball..

If you were fair minded you would acknowledge Pa Lapsy as the best poster on here,especially from a profit point of view.

Good contributions can be made without betting recommendations,there are a few who just fight Ozymandius Kingrat the most noteworthy.
Report Tolmi November 2, 2013 8:48 PM GMT
I would think it quite obvious to anyone who understands betting who is talking sense on this thread.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 8:49 PM GMT
DJ , SINCE last march you have been after me , When i put up Long Run AS BEEN GREAT VALUE E/W @ 10/1..You berated me and said he had no chance , Again when i recently put up a thread questioning the going , you again tried to take the micky , alas for you , I was proved right , again today you bring up Value when what we were interested in was , opinions , so who has issues i wonder....
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 8:52 PM GMT
From ths;

you ridiculed a poster who hadn't engaged with you at all.

to this

there are a few who just fight Ozymandius Kingrat the most noteworthy

in 4 lines.

Completely oblivious to the irony.  Simply staggering.
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 8:54 PM GMT
dj and Ozy were in the same class at Cambridge lads
Report dj876 November 2, 2013 8:55 PM GMT
I get on well with PA,I have always acknowledged his knowledge of racing.
As for saying he's the greatest,imo this is childish(I'm sure he'd agree).
You seem to think you're the chairman of this forum as your annual awards and so would suggest.

I don't think for a second I am better than anyone and only spoke of selections when I was provoked into doing it.

As for you saying I have a one dimensional view of betting,that's far off the mark and I am constantly changing my strategy.(you have to at the moment)
Anyone just betting/laying on here is not using the available tools to their best disposal.

I find it strange that you feel your view on betting markets has some credibilty on here when you laid your entire bank on one race.

Thanks Tolimi.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 8:57 PM GMT
Be careful Freddick , he might get it into his head to have you banned for that...Oh sorry you said Class together , whatevers gotten into me....Laugh
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 9:00 PM GMT
Can somone please stick up Lapsy's 'outstanding' record in recent times?  Is it still based all around that National winner that my Nan had?

Lapsy is the best of the 'Last of the Summer Wine' Brigade (hard not to be) but not fit to shine Dj's shoes.
Report richters November 2, 2013 9:02 PM GMT
put it away ozy......
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 9:02 PM GMT
Wonks asks DJ to stick up his record, he obliges, then Wonks just ignores it....how convenient!

And people accuse me of dealing in fantasy Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 9:03 PM GMT
Why would you find that strange,I have done it plenty of times.

There are different ways of gambling,some are reckless some are conservative both could go all in if they felt it merited it.

Ozymandius you are not comparing like with like and somehow you have contacted Rocketfingers low attention span.

One thing we know for certain that despite the sneering of DJ876 and Ozymandius and his crew Workrider is successful,goes racing regularly here and across the water,I think its this apparent idyllic lifestyle that has ye driven to distraction.
Report Tolmi November 2, 2013 9:04 PM GMT
At a guess dj I would think you are youngish i.e. under 30 and you are definitely on the right track to make profit from your betting.One word of advise though....engaging in protracted pointless arguments on here is a waste of time,leaves you in bad form and unable to concentrate on what you should be doing at this time of the evening...studying tomorrows cards or enjoying a non racing activity.
Report pa lapsy November 2, 2013 9:17 PM GMT
You are as good as your last winner, that's it. Like djs style in regard his studying,obviously looks for the little signs in the vids,and does his research extensively,it does show.
Nothing against Dj who has always been civil to me, also as has Workrider,Richters and Freddiek,maybe ye should just ignore each other and drop the name calling for a while, ye are all rightly defending yourselfs but the merry go round is only going to continue.(i,m a bit dizzy myselfCrazy)
Report dj876 November 2, 2013 9:40 PM GMT
I wouldn't like to be playing poker against Tolmi.

PA,you're capable of being objective and also not sitting on the fence.
Ignoring who said it, what would you make of this quote

"There are different ways of gambling,some are reckless some are conservative both could go all in if they felt it merited it."
Report pa lapsy November 2, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
Never been any flies on Tolmi,say it AS is and actually gave very good advice.
Well you well know it looks a contradiction DJ, often have wrote something where it seemed coherent in my head and it failed dismally when reading it back. I,m not sure what exactly is meant myself, but wouldn,t read too much into it.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 9:57 PM GMT
Why don't you give your opinion of it ?

Obviously you have read some book that gave you some rules which you try to adhere to,you thought that " going full bank " as you put it was some kind of disqualifying fault as you dredged up a bet I had in May.

Brings me back to my point about feel whereas you are formulaic and robotic.

Its like rules in a knife fight,there are none.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 10:01 PM GMT
It means all types of gambler will go all in if confident enough even the conservative one.

The horse he is alluding to is Dawn Approach,I thought he was a precocious two year old that wouldn't train on,I also thought he was temperamental and didnt like him in the Dewhurst,I got it wrong and correctly paid the price but then that's the nature of gambling.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:03 PM GMT
Tell me something, Borneo. 

If, for example, Will H1lls were best priced on a particular horse that you really wanted to back, how would you go about placing a bet with them?
Report dj876 November 2, 2013 10:10 PM GMT
It's absolute nonsense and isn't even worthy of a reply but because of your unprovoked insults thrown at me on this thread- Pa thought it was such rubbish that he presumed you had made a mistake.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
I would contact an ex employee of theirs who would get me on but doubt it would ever happen.
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 10:13 PM GMT
Ozy you have a Hills account? Big time!!
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:14 PM GMT
That sounds like a convenient way of putting on a bet.  Not.

Do you have online accounts with any bookmaker?
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 10:17 PM GMT
Unprovoked insults are what you hurled at Workrider.

You have form in the sensitivity market,a thread you started some time back strayed off course and you came on whingeing.

Your compassionate sensitivity renders you unsuitable for punting,take up another hobby saving whales perhaps.

Your cowardly nature was first illustrated by your waiting for numbers before launching today's attack,it was shown again by a pathetic attempt to drag Pa Lapsy into your fight and done again by trying to threaten vicariously.
Report pa lapsy November 2, 2013 10:17 PM GMT
Not fair there DJ,I didn,t think it was "such rubbish", normally Wildmans posts are crystal clear and i admit i didn,t get the meaning there,you did ask me but you knew the answer yourself,it can on thinking about it be done,if inside information from connections was obtained the conservative mantle could well be thrown off.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 10:18 PM GMT
No.

This is my only online account.
Report dj876 November 2, 2013 10:20 PM GMT
PA,your answer paraphrases as...YOU know you're correct(what idiot goes all in)but I have to mitigate it somehow and try to show Wildman some respect.

When was the last time you went all in Pa??
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:21 PM GMT
So you use telephone accounts or just cash?
Report pa lapsy November 2, 2013 10:25 PM GMT
About 10 years ago on information on an AW yoke at Southwell,beat in a photo.
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 10:25 PM GMT
so many questions lads. Compiling a dossier are we?
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 10:28 PM GMT
I have no telephone accounts,only bet cash bar here.

I know of no gambler that hasn't gone all in at some point,I have done it many times.

At no stage have I claimed ( unlike most here ) to be professional,I love gambling and have done it all of my life.

Glory Magician.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:29 PM GMT
nice ride, Ryan Moore
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 10:30 PM GMT
dj, why don't u take Tolmi's advice and enjoy your nice little run while it lasts, instead of acting all high and mighty here eh?
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:30 PM GMT
So you mosey down to your local bookies every day?
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 10:33 PM GMT
its called the real world, Ozy.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 10:33 PM GMT
No,I still work and as you know spend a fair bit of time on here.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:37 PM GMT
Yeah, but what I am getting at is that if you want to bet you have to either do it here (irreespective of price) or get to a bookies.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 10:44 PM GMT
My preferred form of betting has always been on course,I don't race nearly as much as I would like to for many reasons.
I don't drive distances anymore,the crew I used race with are now all departed.

I answer questions truthfully so will not go into the problems of trying to get on at these ficticious morning prices or any of this BOG and double result nonsense.
Report dj876 November 2, 2013 10:45 PM GMT
Freddie K.....I won't be insulted and endure condescending lectures on betting markets without holding my ground especially from a poster whose knowledge is extremely limited.
I see he's referring to Gruss above,I doubt the man has ever seen it been operated and thinks there is some nobility attached to losing money without trading out.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 10:51 PM GMT
I think you are a trader , fair play if you are , Our generation were gamblers pure and simple , even the best poker players in the world go   all in ...when you think everything is in your favor , thats the play , doubt you would understand that ...trading is the clever mans way of gambling and i respect that ...Our way is difficult for you to understand , but at least respect our right to play the game our way ....
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 10:53 PM GMT
when you do your dough dj, you'll wonder why u ever bothered squabbling here.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:55 PM GMT
A poker player going all in?  I never heard the like.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 10:57 PM GMT
Well maybe thats because you never played the game Del.....
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:57 PM GMT
'Your way' is not difficult at all to understand, Wonks.

You grew up without the tools to trade.  Simple as.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 10:57 PM GMT
Cry
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 10:58 PM GMT
I learnt about Gruss from you when you were boasting about your in depth knowledge.

I let a lot of your stupid assertions on gambling go because I felt your posts had merit.

Here are some of your misapprehensions,most bookies pay the premium charge,none do
                                                                 backing a second favourite is the same as laying the favourite.
                                                                 trading out is somehow the road to riches.
The only people that trade out are the ones like Ozymandius who slavishly follow others and have no opinion,if you fancy a horse to win why would you trade,this trading out is for people who want risk free gambling which is why people as sensitive as DJ 876 should not be let gamble.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 11:02 PM GMT
I'm the only one who trades out on here Laugh  Have you ever heard the likes of it?

And you seem to think that gambling is centred only on horses.   Believe it or not there are now markets on other sports too, even if you don't partake.

Trading out can cost peanuts and is a small price worth paying.  I am frequently happy to take my profit off the table and leave some for the next man.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 11:04 PM GMT
This thread has been pleasingly informative.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 2, 2013 11:08 PM GMT
" like Ozymandius" that has a different meaning,loads trade out generally the ones that lack confidence,you are getting more like Rocketfingers every day you can't even follow the simplest of posts.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 11:08 PM GMT
Rocket , i think put up a thread about a irish poker player on tv3 awhile back , if you look on there you will see pros going all in ..including this guy...hth...
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 11:09 PM GMT
poor
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 11:09 PM GMT
Ozy wets himself at the thought of letting a bet ride. Should he be gambling at all?
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 11:11 PM GMT
think put up a thread about a irish poker player on tv3 awhile back , if you look on there you will see pros going all in

Laugh  What a muppet, I take it you don't play, Wonks?

Going all in is a common feature of poker, and should not be confused with going all in on a horse.

Honestly.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 11:14 PM GMT
read your post ffs......brain dead or what......Ozymandius     02 Nov 13 23:55 
A poker player going all in?  I never heard the like.
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 11:17 PM GMT
Read it again, Wonks.  This time engage your brain.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 11:21 PM GMT
O.K ...TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE , MY BRAIN AWAITS YOUR EXPLANATION ...IF I GO ALL IN ON THE POKER TABLE , IT MEANS I PUT ALL MY CHIPS ON THE TABLE , IF I GO ALL IN ON A HORSE , I PUT ALL MY CASH ON..NOW EXPLAIN TO ME WHATS THE DIFFERENCE....
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 11:26 PM GMT
All in is a common feature of poker games.   Happens all the time.

Going all in on a horse implies investing 100% of your bank.  Sound gamblers have staking plan and rarely empty themselves on one bet.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 11:28 PM GMT
FFS man , Every game of poker has someone going ALL IN ...How do you think they bluff ffs..You're really showing yourself up....
Report freddiek November 2, 2013 11:28 PM GMT
your knowledge astounds me Ozy
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 11:30 PM GMT
Your original statement was ....

even the best poker players in the world go all in

Laugh
Report Ozymandius November 2, 2013 11:31 PM GMT
You really are a simpleton.  Ether that or we are witnessing a 'senior moment'.
Report workrider November 2, 2013 11:33 PM GMT
I think its you who needs to engage his brain , you know sfa about it...
Report kavvie November 2, 2013 11:56 PM GMT
its 10.55 sunday morning here in melbourne.im watching the breeders cup and going in and out of the forum.im astounded by ozys lack of knowledge about all things gambling.im gambling 40 years with varying results.i know the pros and cons of horse betting poker betting dogs etc.my guess about ozy is thats hes very similar to our good friend roadrunner.in his 20s with an inflated ego.i went all in several times on horses.the sweetest one was about 10 yrs ago in punchestown on a beautiful horse called forget the past.going "all in "is exactly what it means ozy..dont be arguing with guys like workrider and pa.they both forgot more about gambling that me and you will ever know.
Report Ozymandius November 3, 2013 12:02 AM GMT
Its about the frequency, Kavvie. Re -read the thread more carefully.  And play the ball not the man.
Report kavvie November 3, 2013 12:03 AM GMT
what the fcuk are you on about..
Report workrider November 3, 2013 12:05 AM GMT
Kavvie the guy ain't got a clue , pay the pig no heed , hes one sick man ...
Report paulie wallnuts November 3, 2013 12:05 AM GMT
get into bed kavvie ya fool ya........
Report paulie wallnuts November 3, 2013 12:06 AM GMT
and you too baldrick.......ya hav ruined the forum ya tool ya......
Report pa lapsy November 3, 2013 12:07 AM GMT
An old woman who has nothing better to do than talk about people,sad but true they,re still about Kavvie,a right t1t.
Report kavvie November 3, 2013 12:12 AM GMT
id say paulie smallnuts and one or more of them are one and the same..luckily i cant see what hes saying but i can nearly guess.your right workrider..ill look at the classic and go down town for the day..might bump into ruby or wp..ill ask them about that race in kilbeggan!!im sure they would be impressed..not betting in the classic but if i was id give palace malice a good ew chance..
Report workrider November 3, 2013 12:16 AM GMT
There is no doubt their are both one and the same , its impossible to have 2 minds THAT sick ...enjoy your night mate...God Bless..
Report Kelly November 3, 2013 12:16 AM GMT
Whats the weather like in Melbourne , kavvie ?  Presumably you are going to the races on Tuesday . Might plan a trip there myself soon DV , its on my bucket list ( and I love OZ ) .
Report paulie wallnuts November 3, 2013 12:18 AM GMT
hes not in Australia......couldn't spell it......grab a hold of yerself kelly......
Report workrider November 3, 2013 12:20 AM GMT
the sick one is about to implode , nutty on the verge ...Laugh
Report kavvie November 3, 2013 12:35 AM GMT
yesterday was 27 degrees kelly.bit colder today.the forecast is good for mon and tue,around 25/28 both days..is well worth planning to go.fab city.staying down on the docks
Report paulie wallnuts November 3, 2013 12:38 AM GMT
ya are in yer whole......staying where ya are always staying.....the arrrsewhole of clare.....
Report callitasucit November 3, 2013 5:30 AM GMT
Drunk as a lord, The Fugue cost me big bucks, had lucky 63, 5 winners with her. Laid DJ and Poult combined at 1-3, should have got out a half hour ago, but impaired vision was a problem. Great night overall though, nice profit made on the BC. Stop the bickering!!
Report Kelly November 3, 2013 12:46 PM GMT
6 day ban a bit over the top , as he was mainly just holding his ground .  Who knows however what goes on in Stewards rooms ( and heads ) .  Time for more transparency in that regard .  Transparency generally brings more justice in all walks of life .
Report Tolmi November 3, 2013 12:58 PM GMT
Good to see you listened to my little bit of advice djSad
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com