Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
27 Oct 13 20:10
| Topic/replies: 12,625 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
Real feel of NH tomorrow(complete with weather),some fairly classy individuals and Defy Logic(might be too short to bet on in a beg.) would be the one that captures my imagination most. Loved the way he flaked off out in front last season and despite the hood seems genuine enough.
A couple i might chance with place lays pending on price;
Outlawed Tunes 4.15N
Not impressed by his debut at all,may well have needed the race and may appreciate the softer surface still had nothing left late on and this looks possibly a better race.
Marchese Marconi 3.05G
Well clear on ratings,he still has to give a bit of weight away,what i,m hoping for is Rory O'Moore or Whatuthink to throw the race out of kilter by one of them trying to grab a big lead.
Hoping Courtncatcher 3.15N is still improving,though up in class did the job very nicely last time,a small ew for me.
Enjoy the bank holiday lads.
Pause Switch to Standard View Naas and Galway.
Show More
Report Ozymandius October 27, 2013 7:19 PM GMT
Report kingrat October 27, 2013 7:34 PM GMT
Laugh
Report pa lapsy October 27, 2013 7:48 PM GMT
Sadly the thread was meant to talk about the racing,anyway gone down the pan already after 10 minutes.
Ozy you are a funny man, your rugby bets 10/11 and 3/10, followed by Bellisario 4/5 and the crowning jewel 4 premiership teams not to score in the first 5 minutes 4/9. Hard to do but you managed it and you have the neck to try and have a cheap laugh at someone. Your premiership bet says a lot about you,the camel looks intelligent by comparison.
Report Ozymandius October 27, 2013 7:57 PM GMT
Gotcha Lapsy.....I knew I could get u to upgrade to the new forum, ya dour auld fecker ya Love
Report richters October 27, 2013 8:00 PM GMT
grow up ozy ye sickening HOOOOOOOOOOOOOR ye.....
Report Ozymandius October 27, 2013 8:05 PM GMT
Pa and Dickie, I have a horse for youse tomorrow.  For da bank holiday n'all.

Was carrying a lot of condition when seen first time out, will strip a lot fitter tomorrow and has done very well since the first run.  I will put it up on this thread at 9PM tonight.  Stand by.
Report richters October 27, 2013 8:08 PM GMT
keep it to yourself oz or the milky bar kid will move in and spoil the price for all.....
Report Ozymandius October 27, 2013 9:10 PM GMT
Dis one is especially for you, Pa. Runs in the Mares Beginners Chase tomorrow;

Report freddiek October 27, 2013 9:31 PM GMT
Ozy must have done his dough this weekend. bit more nastiness in his posts than usual
Report freddiek October 27, 2013 9:40 PM GMT
Where does he get the time to find these pics?? the man must never step outside the front door.

I'd say he has Agoraphobia or another chronic condition
Report workrider October 28, 2013 12:07 AM GMT
he's destroying thread after thread , Paulie like humour as well , something not right with this lad ...Mental illness starting to show , calling others old gits etc etc , yet by his own admission he must be in his early fifty's ...Strange ....
Report ChildOfMine2 October 28, 2013 12:12 AM GMT
I'd be laying Defy Logic in that Beginners chase, especially with the weather being so bad. The form of the Gowran Park beginner chase has already worked out well. Don't know what to make of the 2m chase, maybe Twinlight given his liking for this ground. Would like to see Rule The World win.
Report workrider October 28, 2013 12:18 AM GMT
A smashing card at naas tomorrow , real n.h.racing is back with a bang ...there should be some good pointers for the rest of the season from the naas card alone...
Report workrider October 28, 2013 10:14 AM GMT
What a fascinating race the 3.45 race is , with  runners from most of the top stables trying to get a marker for their yards early on , Oscar was disappointing last season imo ..yet he is the one they all have to beat today . Twinburn will gives Willie a big hand in this   ..Alderwood usually takes a few runs to get ready so can be left out of calculations today , Realt Mor caused a few surprises last season and if ready will be a big danger to all , add in Dylan Ross an enigma in itself , also the Aintree winner Special Tiara  and you have the makings of a smashing race , doubt Sweeney Tunes will run after yesterday and you have a race worth traveling a long way to see ...I will take a chance on Oscar to beat a very classy field ....
Report Santry October 28, 2013 11:19 AM GMT
Great to see the NH season really get going today with some real clues to be got for the season. Think this is Oscars Wells chance of winning a nice one today if spot on . Race conditions in his favour, Barry Geraghty rides and Alderwood unlikely to be wound up,Realt Mor conceeding weight, Twinlight the danger. Always wary of a Morris horse first time out but think Rule The World will win if anywhere near ready.
Report workrider October 28, 2013 11:46 AM GMT
I'm looking forward to Rule The World Santry , He could light up the season ....
Report Deplasterer October 28, 2013 11:50 AM GMT
Agree, couple of great cards. Will watch the shorties at both cards rather than punt them. For an interest tried an ew L15 to pass the afternoon:

Malt Gem 2.35
Benash 3.05
Viva Canvas 3.15
Rafi De Triana 3.45
Report Swardean October 28, 2013 11:57 AM GMT
I'm a massive fan of Ruler of the World and on this ground over this trip he SHOULD be a max bet.  Won FTO last year so perhaps an easy horse to get ready.

However Mouse not exactly firing (last winner was 2nd August albeit from a limited number of runners).   I will happy sit this one out.

GL and hope he wins.
Report Kelly October 28, 2013 1:08 PM GMT
Field all to ourselves today , no racing in UK . Looking forward to some good performances .
Report huddys October 28, 2013 1:14 PM GMT
Backed gift of dgab e/w at 11/2,think its a great e/w bet today.
Report Swardean October 28, 2013 1:21 PM GMT
Still not had a winner since 2nd August !!!
Report kavvie October 28, 2013 1:31 PM GMT
he will in the 2.15
Report Kelly October 28, 2013 1:38 PM GMT
3 from 3 for AOB in NH recently . Prices of his horses have no relation to ability or prospects of winning . Makes it harder to pick winners though .
Report dj876 October 28, 2013 1:49 PM GMT
It wasn't his first run since fracturing his pelvis last year though.
No doubt he is the class horse of the race but with a slight worry about stable form,first run since an injury and today not being his target-
Is he under priced at 5/4??

Positives
Strong in Market
won over c+d
Is the class horse.
Report Kelly October 28, 2013 1:51 PM GMT
Ruby was always coasting on Twinlight . Wonder about those behind though .
Report Dan Chipowski October 28, 2013 1:57 PM GMT
Alderwood's jumping at the first few was interesting enough alright. Plain
Report Kelly October 28, 2013 2:04 PM GMT
Only noticed that on replay , Dan . Not fancied though , a bit early in the season .
Report Sligored October 28, 2013 2:13 PM GMT
like seskinane in the next - very unlucky to be disqualified in sligo after beating twigline and on his own.
Report Swardean October 28, 2013 2:24 PM GMT
Excellent re-appearance and sure that has blown the cobwebs away
Report Dan Chipowski October 28, 2013 2:52 PM GMT
Defy Logic impressive enough there, horse has a big engine.
Report kingkauto October 28, 2013 3:11 PM GMT
A cheeky ride on Mireya there from Miss K Harrison..... She was spared the wrath of the forum there...
Report Swardean October 28, 2013 3:14 PM GMT
Not if you were on the secondCry
Report dj876 October 28, 2013 3:16 PM GMT
Wd Swardean, Kavvie etc ye were very confident on Ruler Of the World.
COM 2 with Twinlight.

Pa lapsy's opening post is looking very accurate so far.
Defy logic-obliges in the beginners chase-fascinating horse if they can get all his potential out of him.

A place lay of Marchese Marconi at 1.46 is super tipping,WD Pa
Report Ozymandius October 28, 2013 3:16 PM GMT
Good place lay on Marchese Marconi, well done Lapsy.
Report Ozymandius October 28, 2013 3:16 PM GMT
Snap, Heisenberg.
Report Ozymandius October 28, 2013 3:22 PM GMT
LAPSY'S ON FIRE Cool
Report dj876 October 28, 2013 3:22 PM GMT
DJ please.
Correction above..Rule the World not the derby winner.

Pa's on fire courtncatcher at 8.6.....approx.45/1 treble so far.
Report kingkauto October 28, 2013 3:28 PM GMT
Im going with Dushybeag e/w in the next, not convinced Don Cossack is going to be the star over jumps he is touted to be given his lacklustre form last year. Dressedtothenines didnt look a natural over jumps either and has a stiffer task in taking on the boys this time. Corbally Ghost has never jumped a fence in public and has been off for the last 2 years.
Dushybeag jumped well last time and only gave way late on and Hospital franked the form of that race yesterday, he looks a promising chaser and 9/1 will do
Report kingkauto October 28, 2013 4:00 PM GMT
Fell. Think it would have placed, prob not have won. David Casey jinx strikes again...
Report Ozymandius October 28, 2013 4:29 PM GMT
Lapsy right again in the OP.

The ribbing has been the making of the man.  Putting up fewer selections, taking more care, lets hope he can consistently call things as well as he has done today.

Take a bow, Pa.
Report huddys October 28, 2013 4:36 PM GMT
Well done pa with your selections today
Report neill d October 28, 2013 4:36 PM GMT
WD Pa, top stuff, good day for the punters with plenty shorties going in too.
Report callitasucit October 28, 2013 4:50 PM GMT
Hopefully Don Cossack can go on from today. Defy Logic might need to settle better to fulfil his potential, still looks a bit too headstrong.
Report workrider October 28, 2013 5:04 PM GMT
The horse to take from Twinburns race was Alderwood , he looked well in the paddock , but not fully fit by any means , sure to come on for the run , they say hes a spring horse though ...Fav in first needed race imo , again will come on for the run , Meades in the last is a cracking looker had a look at him in the paddock , a smashing looker but seems to have lost his way for now , i'd say Noel will have to get inside this fellows head , beaten to far out for it to be his true form...
Report tobywong. October 28, 2013 5:22 PM GMT
wtf is twinburn?
Report Santry October 28, 2013 5:25 PM GMT
Nice to see some well thought out opinions on this thread today and some fine NH action. Hopefully this type of thread will continue rather than the juvenile rubbish that has become a sad feature of the Irish Forum recently. While Gigginstown got a couple of winners today the performances of their horses in the first and last races today at Naas were awful. Rule the World saved me today but I was sure I had nice one in Jennies Jewel when the crossed the line but not quite.
Report workrider October 28, 2013 5:34 PM GMT
Was that you beside me Santry with the wolly hat , guy beside me was screaming jennie home ...?
Report Santry October 28, 2013 5:36 PM GMT
I was cheering her all right but no wooly hat. Pity the race wasnt a yard longer.
Report workrider October 28, 2013 5:42 PM GMT
TWINLIGHT , TOBY , surely you could have worked that out , you been a school master en all , or do you just like scoring points ....Hopefully we can get back to what the forum was all about , rather than the kind of dribble you seem to like...If you want to contribute , try and bring yourself to open your mind a little , not only would you benefit , but so would the kids you teach ..end of topic ..For those of another era ,  Twinburn won the big hurdle race at leopardstown many moons ago....
Report workrider October 28, 2013 5:45 PM GMT
I said to the guy after they crossed the line  , that she was on the right side in the photo , plus a stewards was announced straight away , which went on for a long time ...Hard luck...would surely have gotten up in another stride....
Report tobywong. October 28, 2013 5:47 PM GMT
go fk yourself workrider!
Report workrider October 28, 2013 5:58 PM GMT
Very nice of you Toby , your type are no longer welcome....
Report tobywong. October 28, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
what do u respect when u insult my profession and i dont teach kids , if i did they would be more mature than your good self, can u tell me wr what race did twinburn win at leopardstown many moons ago?
Report tobywong. October 28, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
expect *
Report kingrat October 28, 2013 7:20 PM GMT
it didn't take long for this thread to descent into the gutter once wr showed up,ruining old pa's one moment of glory!Shocked
Report wildmanfromborneo October 28, 2013 7:26 PM GMT
Nowhere does Workrider insult Tobywongs profession but this foul mouthed poster has form in this regard.

On a thread about Dundalk I praised a Wicklow trainer for getting a six year old to win against a gamble,I said he was not in the loop with regards the gamble this produced a string of foul mouthed insults from the hotheaded Tobywong ending with a vicarious threat of violence.

All knew what Workrider meant so what was the point of Tobywongs solitary contribution,what was the point of his foul mouthed response.

Pa Lapsy as usual notches up a great treble proving yet again that he is far and away the best winner selector on here.
Report kingrat October 28, 2013 7:43 PM GMT
well wildman, it seems to me that wr is the common denominater in alot of these spats.btw are u talking out of the side of yre mouth.Mischief
Report tobywong. October 28, 2013 7:46 PM GMT
and the other retart arrives , I have nothing to learn from the forums version of statler and waldorf , one who chases his backside on us racing Cry , the other who lays group 1 winners for his whole bank CryCry.

well done pa lapsy and other winners , cheerio !
Report wildmanfromborneo October 28, 2013 7:52 PM GMT
You have plenty to learn about manners,plenty to learn about language,plenty to learn about self control,an alleged schoolteacher that doesn't teach children is inarticulate with a speciality in swearing,classy type alright.
Report tobywong. October 28, 2013 8:24 PM GMT
It manners to apologise when you are in the wrong , **** LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report roadrunner46 October 28, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
was going to notebook that alpha and omega LTO when it won, if i remember only had the one win then, would you beleive its won two nowLaugh only a 5yo, so suppose still got plenty of time to make into a good horse possibly,was the name you see that got my attention.
Report The Gotchee October 28, 2013 8:36 PM GMT
Well done Pa, great tipping.
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 10:43 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com