Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
20 Oct 13 12:21
| Topic/replies: 12,625 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
No real fancy for me today,interesting racing all the same and deserves a thread with two champion hurdle prospects running today and a possible guineas outsider with Johann Strauss.
Pause Switch to Standard View Naas and Cork
Show More
Report callitasucit October 20, 2013 12:33 PM BST
Stuck a few quid on Our Conor there at 10-3. Reports are he ready enough to do himself justice. Nothing really stands out today.
Think Summerhill are the bet of the Day, against Na Fianna in Meath Senior Football Championship. 5-4 in Stan James. Cant get on there anymore, so will take the 11-10 in Boyles, i would make them 8-13. Reminiscent to Dublin v Mayo, I would expect a tight enough game, but would be very surprised if it isn't Summerhill who get over the line.
Backed Ryan Moore w/o Simpson at 8s in the golf. E.w.
Report workrider October 20, 2013 12:35 PM BST
One who i might take on The Mighty Milan with is Cyprian Prince well punted on debut in thurles , the ground was horrible that day , todays ground might be a little better ,Mightys jumping did not impress me last time , so a small wager on this lad ..
Report roadrunner46 October 20, 2013 1:10 PM BST
4.25 kempton interesting race, the new one and rock on ruby going to battle out the finish? the new one going down in trip?
and an odds on shot, was 8/11 on the early markets. gl all
Report oufies pal October 20, 2013 1:14 PM BST
Was impressed myself with Theos Well at Listowel. Easy enough to back that day on his debut for M. Winters who stated afterwards that he would have been happy to finish in the first three or four as he would come on for the run. A five and a half length winner that day he had Bonobo a winner since at Tramore back in fourth place. .. Of the other principles today , the WP MUllins trained Goldboy has a very inexperienced girl aboard, Mumbo Bay from Mags Mullins stable was a winner during the summer on good/firm so may struggle on ground and Yes Sir Brian is a four year old taking on older horses (a task many find a bridge too far especially carrying a winners penalty)and he also sports a hood which indicates he may have a tendency to run a little freely. At 4/1 in an open enough bumper Ill be chancing a few euro on him.
Report pa lapsy October 20, 2013 1:24 PM BST
Plucky pick WR,was looking at Little Arrows ew in that as thought he ran a very good race early in the week, not sure why they are putting him in though at 2m3f and not 2m and left it.
Might follow you with Moore Callit, i like the rest of ye bombed out early in this as well.
Will the shrewd backers of the forum of Darroun last time out be following up at Mallow today?Devil
Report silvergreaser October 20, 2013 1:26 PM BST
There's been plenty of rain in the Newbridge area so I'm presuming Naas got plenty as well, so expect the going to be a lot different to the official good to yielding.

Like Your Style looks interesting in the h/cap hdl at Naas, its last run over hurdles at Naas was a narrow 2nd to previous winner Worlder, a repeat of that should be good enough to at least make the frame here, and its hurdle rating doesn't look overly harsh on its best form.
Report Ozymandius October 20, 2013 1:33 PM BST
It's a tougher assignment today, Lapsy Wink  Interesting race.
Report kingrat October 20, 2013 3:55 PM BST
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!cheers dickie,wr and old pa.Laughthese 3 chumps have no shame,putting up sh1te after ****,they cant even get the e.w correct.they are strictly pull it out of the air merchants!Laugh
Report Ozymandius October 20, 2013 4:03 PM BST
Gary O'Brien flying with his tips these days, had that Four Wives at 16s.  Owega Star 4.30 his other selection today, from the same stable.
Report pa lapsy October 20, 2013 4:07 PM BST
Poor old farells fancyCry
Report huddys October 20, 2013 4:52 PM BST
Just been talking to workrider he had a look at our conor in the parade ring and things it will need the run.
Report pa lapsy October 20, 2013 4:54 PM BST
Thanks Huddys/WR,thought it looked a bit big as well.
The New One very imp earlier.
Report winsamsoon October 20, 2013 4:56 PM BST
oufies
Mumbo Bay, full brother to Mumbo Jumbo, out of Vinne Roe, no reason he couldn't or shouldn't be much better on softer.
Report oufies pal October 20, 2013 5:36 PM BST
Loads of stuff came out of the rear end of Vinnie Roe but i doubt if any were foals. Tongue Out.I got that one very wrong to be fair .Impressive winner and rider did little wrong either to be fair.
Report workrider October 20, 2013 6:03 PM BST
Our Conor sure to be better for run , thought it ran a cracker , never touched it with the whip , watched the bumper from the furlong pole , the young lady on the winner did the right thing coming stand side ...Overall a bad day for the big punters ....
Report roadrunner46 October 20, 2013 6:23 PM BST
big punters where they betting our conor over 12fLaugh had a look at the birdcatchers race, top rated RPR 101 hidden oasis
looked the bet in that race, most of the other horses were RPRS 84. rebel fitz form was franked with owega star winning.
Report workrider October 20, 2013 6:30 PM BST
THERE was 2 4/11 shots beat today ..Big backers would have been badly burned....
Report callitasucit October 20, 2013 6:44 PM BST
Just as a matter of interest Roadrunner, what trip would you campaign Our Conor over on the flat?
Report roadrunner46 October 20, 2013 7:09 PM BST
would never back that horse on the flat, profile is all about jumping obstacles, couldnt believe my eyes it was running in a 12f race.
Report pa lapsy October 20, 2013 7:13 PM BST
Grin Callit will be along in a minute.
Very good of you to give your paddock view before the race Workrider,Thanks again.
Report callitasucit October 20, 2013 7:16 PM BST
It would have gone very close to winning on his previous form on the flat. The fact he showed such progression last winter would strongly suggest that he is just a better horse now, whatever the code. Therefore they were perfectly entitled to try and exploit a lenient handicap mark. 12 furlongs was indeed the issue(along with his readiness) today, but I would gather you would think he needed further?? 12 fur was the issue, because it would potentially have streteched his stamina.
Ha Ha PaLaugh. I had just started typing when you posted that.
Report workrider October 20, 2013 7:21 PM BST
No problem Pa , layed 3 horses today at Naas for small money all beat , then layed Owega Star at cork and it won ..should have stayed away from that cork race and just layed at Naas .....
Report callitasucit October 20, 2013 7:26 PM BST
Seen the race at Cork WR, Ruby looked to be getting a renewed effort out of Darroun until he took last by the roots. I would think that brute gets a couple of good whacks in the morning!
Report workrider October 20, 2013 7:28 PM BST
Yes Callit , thought he was going to come and do the both of them at the last , Roger was poor on the runner up imo....
Report pa lapsy October 20, 2013 7:29 PM BST
You threw out a bit of groundbait i thought Callit with the question,only fair for you to reel it in. Thought you were against the 2 hotpots on the other thread alright WR
Report workrider October 20, 2013 7:33 PM BST
LEFT THEM ALONE PA ,and instead layed Hazaraba , Craftsman , Our Conor, FOR SMALL MONEY ...
Report callitasucit October 20, 2013 7:37 PM BST
Did you have few quid on Moore Pa? Had enough on Summerhill, and a bit to spare to cover my Our Conor and Moore bets. Done small Trixie too. Be a good day if he can pull it out.
Report pa lapsy October 20, 2013 7:44 PM BST
I did Callit just small and win only + Appleby ew at 100/1. Wd with Summerhill,good picking by the forum with the club games today.
Report pa lapsy October 20, 2013 7:48 PM BST
Just added Chalmers ew at 20,s as well. Hope its not an early night for us.
Report callitasucit October 20, 2013 7:57 PM BST
Serious start from Chalmers. 7 footer coming now too. 17 under might get second. Hadley will surely struggle, his putting from close range was poor late last night. Overton could shoot 80, so 17 could get it done, though maybe only a tie. Webb surely cant lose it.
Report kingrat October 20, 2013 8:02 PM BST
the twilight zone!Shockedthe old farts are losing it!Laugh
Report pa lapsy October 20, 2013 8:04 PM BST
Get back to your colouring bookWink
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 20, 2019 12:51 PM BST
Birdcatcher day at NAAS with some good prize money up for Brexit visitors Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 20, 2019 4:21 PM BST
A P O'Brien & Jockey D O'Brien on song again in Naas with HONG KONG 11/2 ($1M yearling - half-brother to dual Group One winner Caravaggio) & LOVE LOCKET 2/1

Hong Kong - "Donnacha said when he got confident today that he really stretched. He travelled well today and he’ll be a lovely three-year-old. I’d say he’ll get a mile and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get it next year. You would like the way he ran with his head down today and straight.”

His Eminence Donnacha - stretches four ahead of Karawaan's Colin Keane again 103-99 - they go head-to-head at 5.10.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com