Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
14 Sep 13 12:50
| Topic/replies: 31,463 | Blogger: workrider's blog
I know its a little early and there might be some n/rs , a few that caught my eye while studying tomorrows card and i feel are worth putting in  a treble  ....
Darwin....Really impressive when beating Gordon at the curragh
Red Cadeaux ....Looked as if coming back to form last time at Newbury .....
Toolmore...Very impressive at Goodwood and Hannons 2 yos always need respecting when he sends them over ....
Pause Switch to Standard View ........CURRAGH TOMORROW £100 TREBLE...
Show More
Report silvergreaser September 14, 2013 1:01 PM BST
Workrider there might be good drying weather today but tomorrows forecast is suppose to be horrendous, didn't they take Darwin out at Leopardstown because of the changing ground conditions?.
Report workrider September 14, 2013 1:07 PM BST
THATS WHAT I MEAN BY SOME N/RS SILVERGREASER , WEATHER DEPENDENT TREBLE...SUPPOSED TO BE A VERY BAD NIGHT TONIGHT ...ON FORM AND THE WEATHER HOLDING UP THAT WILL BE MY BET TOMORROW...
Report neill d September 14, 2013 1:16 PM BST
If you fancy toolmore to win the national stakes you must be all over the Godolphin horse in the Champagne Stakes at Doncaster today workrider, he got pretty close to him. hannon seems to be getting more staying 2yo types in the last season or two, interesting development. Hughes wasn't hard on Toolmore at Goodwood and I was very impressed.
Report workrider September 14, 2013 1:25 PM BST
Will be Neill d...Hannon has a line to it though with his runner who has progressed nicely ....
Report workrider September 14, 2013 1:40 PM BST
Hannons now n/r at donny...
Report workrider September 14, 2013 1:46 PM BST
Backed it neill d but drift a big worry....
Report workrider September 14, 2013 2:07 PM BST
Impressive ....
Report neill d September 14, 2013 2:10 PM BST
yep no surprise there, on't think starting prices mean as much with Godolphin personally.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 2:33 PM BST
Good shout lads.
Thought Cape of Approval got a very easy ride there in the 2.25
Report mitch leary September 14, 2013 2:39 PM BST
spot on pa. i backed cape of approval. very tenderly ridden.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 2:45 PM BST
Yeah Mitch think he,d have won if he made any effort,know it was a g3 but weak beforehand,back from bit of a layoff and in theory wanted a bit softer. Really thought watching it twas just a gentle introduction back.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 2:53 PM BST
His one in the next got an interesting ride last time out as well Mitch.
Report punchestown September 14, 2013 3:03 PM BST
No effort made on Cape Of Approval today,jockey pulled it in behind Balomont Mast at the furlong pole for no real reason and with any type of a ride at all could have nearly won today.
Report punchestown September 14, 2013 3:05 PM BST
Only beaten about a length today even though finished 6th.
Report silvergreaser September 14, 2013 3:19 PM BST
Spotted that myself, a bit of strange ride, Lee had clear daylight but for some reason pulled in behind Balmont Mast for a few strides before pulling back out again.

Everyman and his dog spotted it so will be priced up accordingly next time.
Report workrider September 14, 2013 3:19 PM BST
Surprised Johnny didn't ride that at donny today....
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 3:23 PM BST
Eddie and all his crew were wearing shades thereDevil
Report silvergreaser September 14, 2013 3:26 PM BST
never spotted that pa was checking my football bets.
Report mitch leary September 14, 2013 3:26 PM BST
he had a job pulling up cape of approval after line too. seemed well ahead. 39k there for the taking.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 3:31 PM BST
Seems to be a catching trend with successful trainers,must watch out for it a bit more in future,I,d like to patent that one btw. Straight out they were Silver.
Report workrider September 14, 2013 3:39 PM BST
Thats why....Cry
Report workrider September 14, 2013 3:40 PM BST
No more chances for her ...
Report dj876 September 14, 2013 3:43 PM BST
He wasn't staying at home for nothing today,surely could have had a few decent rides at Doncaster but unfortunately I didn't take the hint either.
He has made quite a start at the training and fair dues to him but not many have the financial power of Stobart behind them starting off.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 3:43 PM BST
Thats why he wasn,t WR.
Eddie is at the Curragh Silver so it was only his crew with the shades.
C O A hadn,t a race there up after the line,looked a fresh horse.
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 9:03 AM BST
Anyone fairly local know if much rain fell overnight please?
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 9:23 AM BST
Pa if there was any rain last night then it must have been very minimal as my drive way was bone dry this morning, there is a very healthy wind out there at the moment and some dark clouds so I'd say the rain is not far away but that breeze would've dried the track up even more.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 9:24 AM BST
Actually as I typed the rain has just started to fall pretty light at the moment.
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 9:27 AM BST
Thanks very much Silver,know they were saying the North and West were going to get the brunt of it, hardly likely to make much difference now.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 9:32 AM BST
According to Met Eireann the skies will clear with some heavy showers that should pass over quickly so it looks like the ground will be fine.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 11:18 AM BST
There has been a steady drizzle since around 9.30am no major downpour as yet but the fresh breeze is still there.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 11:42 AM BST
The rain is just after getting a little bit heavier there now.
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 11:52 AM BST
Thanks again SG, hardly be soft enough by race time for Voleuse de Coers,thought she had a good place chance at least if it deteriorated despite Smullen on the other Weld horse.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 12:02 PM BST
Its stopped raining with the skies looking slightly brighter.

Unless it literally pours out of the heavens from now until the race I can't see the ground been any worse than good pa.

I can see a huge improvement from Ernest and maybe Red Cadeaux might come back to his best but when myself and workrider agree its usually the kiss of death.

Right I'm off to watch my young lad play in the junior final against our arch rivals.
Report workrider September 15, 2013 12:04 PM BST
Enjoy the game Silvergreaser . Its good to see a Father been a part of his sons life....
Report Santry September 15, 2013 12:15 PM BST
Really fine card with a few AOB shorties. Just the one strong fancy today ,Sudirman, already a Group 1 winner and the step up in trip will suit. Was the first horse off the bridle last time but still won well. Hannons horse making the market but hard to know why its so short.
Report workrider September 15, 2013 12:26 PM BST
Won well at Goodwood Santry ..The second won the champagne stakes g2 doing handstands yesterday ...
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 12:48 PM BST
Listowel card isn,t bad either,be keeping an eye on Gentleman Duke 4.40 and Farells Fancy 5.10,(no bet) liked Baidin Fhelimi,s last run (travelled and stayed on well)7lb i didn,t think was excessive for that and did her ew in the mares handicap.Good days racing GL
Report dj876 September 15, 2013 1:17 PM BST
One that I thought was interesting  was On the Way Out (11.0) in the handicap chase.A versatile and tough sort who has won on most grounds.
Although he is a 10 yo,he is a relatively unexposed over fences and is now back down to the mark that he was third off in a hot handicap at leopardstown at Christmas(finishing ahead of his Galway plate winning stablemate but no doubt CL was having a quiet one.
He should improve from his seasonal debut at Killarney and eyecatching that Paul Townnend   now takes over (won a Galway hurdle for stable on Indian Pace).
Stable is in decent form with 4 of the last 20 runners obliging.
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 1:38 PM BST
Good Arc trial by Ruler of the World in France,came with a withering late run.
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 2:51 PM BST
Better Arc trial by Treve, so impressive.
Report workrider September 15, 2013 2:53 PM BST
Won well PA,BIG BOOST FOR FRANKIE ....A FILLY IMPROVING AT THIS TIME OF YEAR ALWAYS WORTH BACKING AGAIN...
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 2:57 PM BST
Has to be supplemented they said there, thought she was awesome WR.
Report workrider September 15, 2013 3:04 PM BST
I the second had it won tbh , she cut into her lead and won going away hands and heels , worth supplementing her for the arc , a lot made of vdm , wonder why , not her style atall...
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 3:11 PM BST
I did too and shes no mug with two G3 and G2 last 3 races all handy, Treves Prix Diane was no fluke.
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 3:20 PM BST
Haha  Oefevre muddys the water a bit there,talk about winning pulling a tank.
Report workrider September 15, 2013 3:24 PM BST
Darwin very disappointing indeed....
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 3:25 PM BST
Darwin looked a dog there with the head up in the air,Toureen legend at Listowel worse as he didn,t want to know after 2 flights.
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 3:25 PM BST
Darwin looked a dog there with the head up in the air,Toureen legend at Listowel worse as he didn,t want to know after 2 flights.
Report kingrat September 15, 2013 3:29 PM BST
the chump's treble is up the spout already!Laughgive it up m8,all u ever do is bullsh1t.Laugh
Report dj876 September 15, 2013 3:51 PM BST
Not surprising JPM didn't mention Tommy Carmody.
This looks wide open,plenty of money for the Godolphin horse.
Report dj876 September 15, 2013 3:56 PM BST
WD Pa,you have been on her all year,she sluiced in.
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 4:00 PM BST
Only very small DJ, i was praying for rain and it didn,t come,fancied her mad for the last few weeks,couldn,t let go with the groundCry.
Report workrider September 15, 2013 4:03 PM BST
Well done indeed PA , great job , same filly is the bane of my life , backed her lto , when i lay her she wins ,Sad back her she gets beat....
Report kingrat September 15, 2013 4:04 PM BST
the chump has done his bollix again.so whats new?Laugh
Report dj876 September 15, 2013 4:05 PM BST
Her Cesarwitch win on heavy ground last year was seriously impressive.
BSP of 17.5-DK'S aren't flying and Smullen riding the other one.
Mrs.O'Reilly sounded like she wanted to retire her but DK thinks she's a Melbourne cuo horse for next yeat
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 7:01 PM BST
I'm sitting pretty on a 20 ew Oefevre for the arc at 7/1, probably a lot shorter now after that demolition.

Was by far the best horse in last years Arc just went too soon.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 7:35 PM BST
Pa lapsy did you back it I hope you did?
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 7:47 PM BST
Only small Silver i,m a bit ashamed to say,had a fair bit more on an unplaced at Listowel,ah well.
Orfevre was really impressive today as was Treve,i,d find it hard to pick between the two(betting now say the same) Orfevre tanked up in a canter,Treve beat a better field,made up a lot of ground with good speed to win snugly in the end.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 7:51 PM BST
strange Pa they say the horse needs give in the ground to show its best, yet the official ground description was good/good to firm in places and the horse sluices up?

Explain that to me?
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 7:57 PM BST
Funnily enough Workrider thought she would handle good, her best form was on softer the better to me,still ran well enough on good before today, maybe Pat Smullen thought the same.
Report kingrat September 15, 2013 10:45 PM BST
a bonanza for the kid again,cleaned up!i would particularly like to thank wr and old pa,a pair of chumps.Wink
Report wildmanfromborneo September 15, 2013 11:19 PM BST
Easy to explain Silvergreaser,there  was cut in the ground.

Darwin and Ernest Hemingway are two pure fast ground horses,both were inconvenienced by the ground.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 11:26 PM BST
very little cut wildman, talk about a horse been prepared for a race Dermot farms?
Report wildmanfromborneo September 15, 2013 11:39 PM BST
I am giving up on you Silvergreaser you are just gone too bitter.
Your Joseph OBrien thread is an embarrassment and you now seem to think horses are stopped to prepare for the St Leger.
There was definite cut in that ground and she loved it.
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 11:47 PM BST
my Joseph O Brien thread is a reality check, as for that performance today, I didn't see that coming did you?
Report silvergreaser September 16, 2013 12:03 AM BST
Wildman if you met me in real life, you'd probably think thats the most infectious personality I've ever met, I'm a nice guy but I think too much sometimes, if that makes me a demon so be it.

Come to Newbridge some day?
Report wildmanfromborneo September 16, 2013 12:20 AM BST
I accept that indeed when you can be steered away from your bitterness towards the OBriens you have a decent knowledge of racing and are worth reading.
Report silvergreaser September 16, 2013 12:28 AM BST
wildman I still love you even if you nearly go out of your way to contradict me, talk tomorrow, good night!
Report neill d September 16, 2013 12:30 AM BST
WD Pa, Chris Hayes said after that she loved the softer ground that they encountered when they turned in so that was probably a big part of it. Hope they don't go to Melbourne as the race is stop-start lottery-type thing that I'm not sure would suit her plus the ground is lightning. The Cadran or Ascot must surely be next, might be a Gold Cup horse next season.

That Hannon horse is a beast, Arakan is some sire, started off with only 15 mares in 09.

Sil, you should drop the AOB stuff, there is a bit of Stepford Wives vibe about them no doubt, but their politeness is genuine and pretty endearing I think. AOB is the most modest top sports personality I've ever come accross. No point speculating about what goes on behind closed doors, we'll never know....
Report silvergreaser September 16, 2013 12:40 AM BST
Neil just my observations of the guy, I think he's a big fake that wants the media to adorn him and his perfect family.

Hate me for that opinion, I don't mind as I'll still be me, nothing changes.
Report dj876 September 16, 2013 12:49 AM BST
Ah that's is a classic,Will Borneo head to Newbridge to meet the Greaser for a few Scoops?
Report neill d September 16, 2013 1:00 AM BST
Wouldn't be rational for me to hate ya just because you dislike AOB Sil so you're grand on that score. It would be a lively one DJ.
Report dj876 September 16, 2013 1:14 AM BST
Ha,Carnage Neil D.Two large bottles of the shelf I'd say with a whisky chaser for the Greaser.
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 6:51 PM BST
my hundraed pound trebles pay 100kWink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com