Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
14 Sep 13 12:50
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: workrider's blog
I know its a little early and there might be some n/rs , a few that caught my eye while studying tomorrows card and i feel are worth putting in  a treble  ....
Darwin....Really impressive when beating Gordon at the curragh
Red Cadeaux ....Looked as if coming back to form last time at Newbury .....
Toolmore...Very impressive at Goodwood and Hannons 2 yos always need respecting when he sends them over ....

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 74
By:
silvergreaser
When: 14 Sep 13 13:01
Workrider there might be good drying weather today but tomorrows forecast is suppose to be horrendous, didn't they take Darwin out at Leopardstown because of the changing ground conditions?.
By:
workrider
When: 14 Sep 13 13:07
THATS WHAT I MEAN BY SOME N/RS SILVERGREASER , WEATHER DEPENDENT TREBLE...SUPPOSED TO BE A VERY BAD NIGHT TONIGHT ...ON FORM AND THE WEATHER HOLDING UP THAT WILL BE MY BET TOMORROW...
By:
neill d
When: 14 Sep 13 13:16
If you fancy toolmore to win the national stakes you must be all over the Godolphin horse in the Champagne Stakes at Doncaster today workrider, he got pretty close to him. hannon seems to be getting more staying 2yo types in the last season or two, interesting development. Hughes wasn't hard on Toolmore at Goodwood and I was very impressed.
By:
workrider
When: 14 Sep 13 13:25
Will be Neill d...Hannon has a line to it though with his runner who has progressed nicely ....
By:
workrider
When: 14 Sep 13 13:40
Hannons now n/r at donny...
By:
workrider
When: 14 Sep 13 13:46
Backed it neill d but drift a big worry....
By:
workrider
When: 14 Sep 13 14:07
Impressive ....
By:
neill d
When: 14 Sep 13 14:10
yep no surprise there, on't think starting prices mean as much with Godolphin personally.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 14 Sep 13 14:33
Good shout lads.
Thought Cape of Approval got a very easy ride there in the 2.25
By:
mitch leary
When: 14 Sep 13 14:39
spot on pa. i backed cape of approval. very tenderly ridden.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 14 Sep 13 14:45
Yeah Mitch think he,d have won if he made any effort,know it was a g3 but weak beforehand,back from bit of a layoff and in theory wanted a bit softer. Really thought watching it twas just a gentle introduction back.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 14 Sep 13 14:53
His one in the next got an interesting ride last time out as well Mitch.
By:
punchestown
When: 14 Sep 13 15:03
No effort made on Cape Of Approval today,jockey pulled it in behind Balomont Mast at the furlong pole for no real reason and with any type of a ride at all could have nearly won today.
By:
punchestown
When: 14 Sep 13 15:05
Only beaten about a length today even though finished 6th.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 14 Sep 13 15:19
Spotted that myself, a bit of strange ride, Lee had clear daylight but for some reason pulled in behind Balmont Mast for a few strides before pulling back out again.

Everyman and his dog spotted it so will be priced up accordingly next time.
By:
workrider
When: 14 Sep 13 15:19
Surprised Johnny didn't ride that at donny today....
By:
pa lapsy
When: 14 Sep 13 15:23
Eddie and all his crew were wearing shades thereDevil
By:
silvergreaser
When: 14 Sep 13 15:26
never spotted that pa was checking my football bets.
By:
mitch leary
When: 14 Sep 13 15:26
he had a job pulling up cape of approval after line too. seemed well ahead. 39k there for the taking.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 14 Sep 13 15:31
Seems to be a catching trend with successful trainers,must watch out for it a bit more in future,I,d like to patent that one btw. Straight out they were Silver.
By:
workrider
When: 14 Sep 13 15:39
Thats why....Cry
By:
workrider
When: 14 Sep 13 15:40
No more chances for her ...
By:
dj876
When: 14 Sep 13 15:43
He wasn't staying at home for nothing today,surely could have had a few decent rides at Doncaster but unfortunately I didn't take the hint either.
He has made quite a start at the training and fair dues to him but not many have the financial power of Stobart behind them starting off.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 14 Sep 13 15:43
Thats why he wasn,t WR.
Eddie is at the Curragh Silver so it was only his crew with the shades.
C O A hadn,t a race there up after the line,looked a fresh horse.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Sep 13 09:03
Anyone fairly local know if much rain fell overnight please?
By:
silvergreaser
When: 15 Sep 13 09:23
Pa if there was any rain last night then it must have been very minimal as my drive way was bone dry this morning, there is a very healthy wind out there at the moment and some dark clouds so I'd say the rain is not far away but that breeze would've dried the track up even more.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 15 Sep 13 09:24
Actually as I typed the rain has just started to fall pretty light at the moment.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Sep 13 09:27
Thanks very much Silver,know they were saying the North and West were going to get the brunt of it, hardly likely to make much difference now.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 15 Sep 13 09:32
According to Met Eireann the skies will clear with some heavy showers that should pass over quickly so it looks like the ground will be fine.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 15 Sep 13 11:18
There has been a steady drizzle since around 9.30am no major downpour as yet but the fresh breeze is still there.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 15 Sep 13 11:42
The rain is just after getting a little bit heavier there now.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Sep 13 11:52
Thanks again SG, hardly be soft enough by race time for Voleuse de Coers,thought she had a good place chance at least if it deteriorated despite Smullen on the other Weld horse.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 15 Sep 13 12:02
Its stopped raining with the skies looking slightly brighter.

Unless it literally pours out of the heavens from now until the race I can't see the ground been any worse than good pa.

I can see a huge improvement from Ernest and maybe Red Cadeaux might come back to his best but when myself and workrider agree its usually the kiss of death.

Right I'm off to watch my young lad play in the junior final against our arch rivals.
By:
workrider
When: 15 Sep 13 12:04
Enjoy the game Silvergreaser . Its good to see a Father been a part of his sons life....
By:
Santry
When: 15 Sep 13 12:15
Really fine card with a few AOB shorties. Just the one strong fancy today ,Sudirman, already a Group 1 winner and the step up in trip will suit. Was the first horse off the bridle last time but still won well. Hannons horse making the market but hard to know why its so short.
By:
workrider
When: 15 Sep 13 12:26
Won well at Goodwood Santry ..The second won the champagne stakes g2 doing handstands yesterday ...
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Sep 13 12:48
Listowel card isn,t bad either,be keeping an eye on Gentleman Duke 4.40 and Farells Fancy 5.10,(no bet) liked Baidin Fhelimi,s last run (travelled and stayed on well)7lb i didn,t think was excessive for that and did her ew in the mares handicap.Good days racing GL
By:
dj876
When: 15 Sep 13 13:17
One that I thought was interesting  was On the Way Out (11.0) in the handicap chase.A versatile and tough sort who has won on most grounds.
Although he is a 10 yo,he is a relatively unexposed over fences and is now back down to the mark that he was third off in a hot handicap at leopardstown at Christmas(finishing ahead of his Galway plate winning stablemate but no doubt CL was having a quiet one.
He should improve from his seasonal debut at Killarney and eyecatching that Paul Townnend   now takes over (won a Galway hurdle for stable on Indian Pace).
Stable is in decent form with 4 of the last 20 runners obliging.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Sep 13 13:38
Good Arc trial by Ruler of the World in France,came with a withering late run.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com