Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
09 Sep 13 16:38
| Topic/replies: 12,625 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
A different Joe i saw after pulling up on Australia over the weekend, got a great kick out of it and was beaming.
Pity you haven,t got a bit more mileage out of his overweight Silver,the black cap was on and all over what looks like a simple mistake.
Pause Switch to Standard View Did Joseph O'Brien ever get a kiss?
Show More
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 4:47 PM BST
The guy spooks me pa, but I'm not allowed say such a thing.
Report pa lapsy September 9, 2013 4:57 PM BST
You can say what you want Silver,my perception of him is different to yours, i might be wrong and you might be right.Think myself he is well mannered and a very good jockey(cue nepotism).Still he is only a young fella and don,t think he warrants your criticism.
Report kavvie September 9, 2013 5:00 PM BST
seems a nice mild mannered young fella,comes across as totally dedicated to his riding and constantly proving the doubters wrong..
Report pa lapsy September 9, 2013 5:01 PM BST
Scrub first sentence above,obviously you aren,t allowed to say such a thing giving the removal of the opening post.
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 5:04 PM BST
might as well get rid of the whole thread if the opening post was deemed for some reason offensive?
Report wildmanfromborneo September 9, 2013 5:05 PM BST
Silvergreaser tis you that's spooking people.

As someone who rates you as a poster could you not forget this obsession for a while,I have no problem with you criticising Aidan OBrien but these attacks on his family are unworthy of you.
You have children of your own so you must get that some things are just pure wrong.
Report pa lapsy September 9, 2013 5:07 PM BST
Would you like it written on a public forum about you Silver?
To be fair Joe himself won,t rightly answer back.
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 5:24 PM BST
Thats the thing wildman I've reared 3 children and have 2 grandchildren I'm 47. I gave my kids independence whether that was a good thing or not but I never forgot that my children were individuals and I encouraged that.

Basically I never pressured them into doing something they didn't want to do, but I'm fairly sure the O'Brien clan are blissfully happy when they don't even know what life is?
Report kavvie September 9, 2013 5:56 PM BST
silver your being v disrespectful .many kids ear shades?so what?.you right and were all wrong?,,hardly
Report dj876 September 9, 2013 5:57 PM BST
Fairly sad that a 47 year old man should start such a thread.
Aidan O'Brien by all accounts is a gentleman,to be personally insulting him and his family on an here is completely out of order (Whatever you think about Coolmore/ballydoyle,you're crossing a line here).
Bitterness,Begrudgery and hate are eating you up.
Report wildmanfromborneo September 9, 2013 5:58 PM BST
Its only natural for children to look up to their parents,they might have demanded shades.

You don't know whether they are being pressured or not.

I agree with you about giving your children independance,I would have been delighted if one of mine followed my line of work but they weren't having it,probably right as well.
Report kavvie September 9, 2013 5:59 PM BST
anyone that ever met him has the height of praise or him..
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 6:27 PM BST
Funny I'm sticking up for his children and I'm been castigated?, pot kettle, but the drama queens always pick the message up entirely the wrong way.

I will not for the world of me apologise!

Ask the O'Brien children, do they know what life is?
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 6:27 PM BST
Funny I'm sticking up for his children and I'm been castigated?, pot kettle, but the drama queens always pick the message up entirely the wrong way.

I will not for the world of me apologise!

Ask the O'Brien children, do they know what life is?
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 6:31 PM BST
Oh dj too be so pious?
Report pa lapsy September 9, 2013 6:35 PM BST
Are you really sticking up for his children(not children now Silver,young adults)? It does seem to me you are prepared to stick the knife into young Joe at every opportunity you get.
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 6:36 PM BST
What the hell is wrong with asking for the O'Brien children to live their lives like all the other children in the world, instead of been dictated by a child of god fearing Ireland.
Report pa lapsy September 9, 2013 6:38 PM BST
But they are,they are working in the the best stable in the world.
It is their free choice,all probably love the thrill of race riding.
Report dj876 September 9, 2013 6:41 PM BST
Silvergreaser,you're now blocked ,no interest in reading your bile and simplistic analysis regurgitated again and again.It's your rubbish that has driven all the decent posters off here.
I have never seen a losing punter so bitter and begrudging of anyone that is successful in the sport,give it a few weeks you will be ranting about Mullins drugging horses.
You keep stating that O'Brien would be a no mark(like you which is where all this anger and hatred stems from) without Galileo etc when the truth is he earned his place from the bottom up.
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 6:46 PM BST
all I asked for was his children have some independence and I'm a devil

Whatever dj, your call, honesty doesn't seem fit in your world?.
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 6:48 PM BST
bile???

Never can you accuse me of bile, forthright views but not bile.
Report by purpose September 9, 2013 6:58 PM BST
Silver stay out of McDonalds someone is spiking your drink........
Report kavvie September 9, 2013 6:58 PM BST
silver you a bit disturbed.im not blocking you cause i enjoy some of your idiotic ramblings.
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 7:05 PM BST
here dj before you go point out the bile, can a person not have a view?.

All I ask is leave your children alone, let them be themselves, not groomed in the image of a god fearing product of rural Ireland

Thank god(pun)we have people who can see the world for what it is, and O'Brien keeps his children locked up in his own pious image?

What an effing wierdo?
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 7:11 PM BST
thing is kavvie I'm not that idiotic, its the truth, so you watch the O'Brien clan walking down the straight at say Newmarket, crombie and dark glasses in tact is that right for a child, a kid been forced to wear shades?.

Ah but I'm a nut case far from it!
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 7:11 PM BST
thing is kavvie I'm not that idiotic, its the truth, so you watch the O'Brien clan walking down the straight at say Newmarket, crombie and dark glasses in tact is that right for a child, a kid been forced to wear shades?.

Ah but I'm a nut case far from it!
Report kavvie September 9, 2013 7:17 PM BST
kids mimic their parents all the time silver.did u not know that?
Report silvergreaser September 9, 2013 7:32 PM BST
real life it seems is a million miles away?,

but a parent who is a dictator?

It really is a sad sight watching the O'Brien clan with their dark shades on walking up some racecourse and the proud nut case thinking every one loves him, am I the only one that finds that seriously uncomfortable?
Report mightymoyes September 9, 2013 8:36 PM BST
a man obsessed with another man and his family and hes criticising them for not having a life!Laugh
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods September 9, 2013 9:19 PM BST
A new low for the Irish Forum. Might have guessed the pits would be reached by Silvergreaser. Known looney.
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 12:53 AM BST
Ah sure in our celebrity obsessed society or in this case a false deity, its me who is the looney not the looney himself!.
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 9:16 AM BST
Imagine asking a simple question "did Joseph O'Brien ever get kissed?", and the drama queens go into meltdown mode.
Report J.R.Hartley September 10, 2013 10:01 AM BST
He sent me a Christmas card last year......Happy...nice lad.
Report pa lapsy September 10, 2013 10:10 AM BST
It was more than asking a simple question Silver as you well know. Another attack on the O,Brien family in your paragraph that got removed,don,t be giving me you are hard done by with the drama queens going into meltdown at all,doesn,t wash.Honestly can,t fathom why you have such a preoccupation with them.
Nothing against you Silver,seen you help someone with their computer for a few hours on the HR forum and your hurling and general non O,brien/Mullins horse posts are good.
Report thegalwayman September 10, 2013 10:19 AM BST
Lay off the sauce.
Report RoyalAcademy September 10, 2013 11:10 AM BST
I have no doubt the vast majority of posters here are horrified by threads like this. No surprise there it just leaves a disgusting taste in the mouth and good quality opinion-formers leave in their droves. Its also a credit to BF that most free-speech is allowed and this brings more responsibility to individuals.

Something to balance the thread:

I was invited on a hillwalking tour of south tipp last month and among many memorable wooded walks I found myself scrambling through the brambles and bushes of Kilmacoliver Hill famous for a National Looped walk that originates in the beautiful co. kilkenny village of Tullahought. (The newly-refurbished pub in the village is a cracker and the locals have been on standby for the past five years ever since George Clooney traced his roots to a homestead close to the village). The brilliant Joe Crowley used to be based in Tullahought and led the way selling bumper winners to England when a hundred grand was money.

Kilmacoliver hill is also known locally as "Owning Hill" and the gallops of Aidan's satellite yard (formerly Joe's) are visible when you crest the hill and its beautiful landscape.

Anyhow, as I was pushing through some briars close to the hilltop thinking I would never see the light of day again the wood opened up unexpectedly to reveal a wide pathway between the trees and every 20yards or so there was a bundle of logs crossing the pathway to provide a jumping channel that was as intriguing as it was unexpected. I guess it hadnt been used for 10 years or more. I was wondering if I had discovered the training ground on which young Joseph O'Brien and his siblings honed their skills on their ponies?  (or possibly even Anne-Marie and her sisters?)
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 11:39 AM BST
Look I just made an observation looking at the O'Brien clan on tv down the years, its not hard to come to the conclusion that they haven't been afforded any freedom to express themselves as individuals molded into their fathers image of piousness and sobriety when there is a real world out there, if that makes me a demon, well so be it.
Report J.R.Hartley September 10, 2013 3:01 PM BST
You've deduced that they haven't been afforded any freedom by the fact that they wear sunglasses!....incredible imo......you should be on the telly......LaughLaugh
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 3:18 PM BST
by wearing sunglasses should set off many an alarm bell.

Kids don't wear sunglasses end of story.

Its spooky looking at kids wearing sunglasses and I'm the demon?
Report J.R.Hartley September 10, 2013 3:22 PM BST
I never went anywhere without Sunglasses when i were a lad.
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 3:43 PM BST
Jr the thing is I never said anything offensive on this thread.

Yet I have horns grown out of my head for wishing the O'Brien children can be themselves?.
Report J.R.Hartley September 10, 2013 3:54 PM BST
I don't think you're being offensive tbf......maybe just a tad presumptive though.....Grin
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 4:01 PM BST
Well jr do you think a 20 year old ever got kissed?

Is that not spooky or what?

Normality would suggest that life begins at 13 but if your part of the sheltered O'Brien clan your not entitled to live?.

How dare my children absorb that big bad world out there?.
Report J.R.Hartley September 10, 2013 4:09 PM BST
Whether he has or hasn't why should it be a concern of yours?
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 4:14 PM BST
Fair point jr it really should'nt concern me, but maybe I feel a little sorry for children who cannot express themselves as individuals?
Report J.R.Hartley September 10, 2013 4:16 PM BST
Presumption again Silver!....Laugh
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 4:21 PM BST
I'm sure the O'Brien clan are happy in their own cocoon jr, but there is a real life out there somewhere?
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 4:55 PM BST
A new low for the forum?

bloody hell is that a drama queen overreaction or what?

All I asked did Joseph O'Brien ever get kissed?, and thats a new forum low, heaven help us?
Report Tolmi September 10, 2013 5:43 PM BST
One poster thinks its spooky if a 20 year old has ever been kissed.Strange he asks this question of one twenty year old without any knowledge of whether he has or not.Interesting he doesn't ask the question about any other twenty year old jockey.Its just another example of the posters unhealthy obsession about starting threads concerning one racing family.

Personally I feel it far more spooky that the thought even crossed the mind of  a 47 year old man.
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 5:50 PM BST
Personally I feel it far more spooky that the thought even crossed the mind of  a 47 year old man.

Maybe Joseph O'Brien is incredibly promiscuous and has had a hundred girlfriends, somehow I doubt it big time.

Something not quite healthy about a guy of 20 years not having a relationship with the opposite sex, but of course I'm the weirdo?.

What world are you guys living in, please tell me?
Report silvergreaser September 10, 2013 6:09 PM BST
the thing is tolmi that the thought did actually cross my mind means I do actually live in the real world not a cocoon of a fathers pious vision.
Report soldieroffortune September 10, 2013 10:22 PM BST
A thread that pretty much sums up the depths to which the Irish Forum has now sunk. What a sorry trail of absolute bollox the above amounts to.
Report kingrat September 10, 2013 10:34 PM BST
put up a bet soldier and lets see what yre made off or stfu,leave the sil alone hes the forum drunk!Laugh
Report tobywong. September 11, 2013 3:09 AM BST
fk hell silvergreaser , your comments are absolutely shocking , would u ever cop on !
Report kavvie September 11, 2013 10:04 AM BST
totally out of order.really low.
Report wildmanfromborneo September 11, 2013 11:12 AM BST
This thread should be removed for the sake of Silvergreaser.
A prurient interest in a 20 year old jockey is just pure wrong,its driven by a hatred of the best trainer in the world.
Silvergreaser seems to hate the fact the family are close most see this as commendable,he seems to think his politeness is a bad thing again most think this is commendable.

Silvergreaser has fair points to make on other racing matters and i wish he could forget this OBrien vendetta and not comment on him for a few momths.
Report Tascro September 11, 2013 4:31 PM BST
This thread should be removed for the sake of Silvergreaser.
A prurient interest in a 20 year old jockey is just pure wrong,its driven by a hatred of the best trainer in the world.
Silvergreaser seems to hate the fact the family are close most see this as commendable,he seems to think his politeness is a bad thing again most think this is commendable.

Spot on wildman. Really strange stuff from silver
Report Santry September 11, 2013 5:25 PM BST
Distubing thread . SG,you really could do with professional help with this AOB issue. Your thoughts on other issues are worthwhile but there is something not right when it comes to AOB and the family.
Report paddywhacker1970 September 11, 2013 5:42 PM BST
A fairly rotten thread by all accounts.

Ironically, if racecourse rumours are to be believed, Joseph is currently with a young lady that would be the envy of most people in or out of racing.
Report silvergreaser September 11, 2013 5:46 PM BST
to call the thread disturbing means some people are very easily offended.

Anyway the public image is often just that a public image.

My last contribution to the thread.
Report kavvie September 11, 2013 6:20 PM BST
people arnt easily offended at all sg.it just unhealthy for anyone to be saying what you say about a family you know nothing about except their public persona.
Report mightymoyes September 12, 2013 6:19 PM BST
APOB should step up security, silvergreasers strange obsession is like mark chapman and john lennon.
Report by purpose September 14, 2013 4:02 PM BST
He will be getting a smacker tonite......
Report dj876 September 14, 2013 4:29 PM BST
CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 4:34 PM BST
Good picture with Aiden wearing the leger hat and both him and Joe bursting laughing and giving the thumbs up.
Report dj876 September 14, 2013 4:39 PM BST
All Hats are ok PA but hopefully they weren't wearing any of those evil sunglasses.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 4:42 PM BST
Twas kind of a tinted lenses with Aiden(a honey colour), not sure what the official line with these tbh.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle September 14, 2013 8:28 PM BST
A solid young man, great breeding.

Silver is a sicko IMO
Report silvergreaser September 14, 2013 8:32 PM BST
I wasn't going to reply again to this thread but I'll stick by what I think about the guy, you can have your opinion about what the public image serves but I'm entitled to mine, but don't call me a sicko as I'm a millions miles from a sicko!.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip September 15, 2013 11:07 AM BST
"I criticise a mans dress sense, his parenting skills, his family values, hi ethics and then try to open a debate about it by questioning his kids success with the opposite sex.....

...AND IM THE BAD GUY?????????"
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 10:11 PM BST
Jesus what actually qualifies as offensive in your sheltered worlds?, this thread is my observation of a father who is a control freak behind the media front.

A 20 year old adult treated as if he was still 10 years of age and I'm the demon, go figure?
Report silvergreaser September 15, 2013 11:05 PM BST
Oh their so polite, wow!!, my children are polite too, does that give them some sort of high moral ground?

A control freak of a father who gives off a false persona to the slurping media.

Dare we say anything as the O'Brien family walk up some racecourse or other shades and crombie intact and thats normal?

Look at me and my perfect family, I hope everyone is watching?
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 6:50 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com