Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
09 Sep 13 14:22
| Topic/replies: 12,625 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
Good to have the American golf back this week and another stellar field.
Just the 70 players and no course form to fall back on as first time the event is being played there.Interesting course which seems to have a bit of everything,link style holes,tree lined holes,few with water and usually a wind there.
Looking at current form,Stenson seems to have the best with 5/6 top 3,s. Scott 3/5 top 5,s,Z.Johnson 5/6 top 8,s and a host of others playing very well the last couple of months include Mickleson,Dufner and Speith.
Luke Donald describes it as his "home course" his current form is woeful though.
As a bet think the week off will have done Snedeker the world of good,after playing the last 7 weeks the fatigue showed with a couple of mc,s,admit it is a bit priced based as don,t think he should be 50,s in any tournament.Kuchar at 25,s was a good 4th at the Deutsche bank.Stenson will have to be the main pick,playing like a man possessed,the week off ought to give him a chance of avoiding the "bounce factor",14,s is skinny enough in this field but can,t leave him out.
GL all this week,at least tis a good excuse to avoid the x factor.
Pause Switch to Standard View BMW Champoinship
Show More
Report Distant View September 9, 2013 2:34 PM BST
Still trying to get information on the course and the details from the Western Amateur Championships etc ate not going to be that helpful.

Seems wind will certainly be a factor and Tom Fazio designed so there could be some link with some of the tougher courses like Riviera (Northern Trust Open) and PGA National (Honda Classic), which Fazio designed or modified. More information should be out later today anyway. Hopefully it is not set up to be a birdie fest anyway.
Report pa lapsy September 9, 2013 2:53 PM BST
Only got an idea of the style of if from PGA-BMW-Take the tour-click for details,you probably got that DV, a synopsis,picture and a diagram is basically it.
A bit of guessing alright.
Report Deplasterer September 10, 2013 8:15 PM BST
Snedeker looks big at 50's? Granted, he's played mediocre at best so far in the playoffs but can hopefully get back on track here. Worth the risk on a new track. Billy Haas usually shows up in one of these every year, hope it's this week.

Sneds 50's
Billy Haas 80's
Win and place.

GL.
Report huddys September 10, 2013 10:20 PM BST
Only looked at Europe so far,going to give Bello another chance this week after going for him two weeks ago,played solid enough til having a poor last round,at 50/1 with ladbrookes worth a e/w wager,are you not backing Pod this week Deplasterer?il have a look at America tomorrow and post my bets then.
Report Deplasterer September 10, 2013 10:53 PM BST
Showed glimpses last week huddys, had more birdies than the winner would you believe but too many silly mistakes still, better 50/1 shots in America this week but will have a few quid as usual on him hope for a trade and a free run, Paul Casey for win purposes if pressed.
Report pa lapsy September 11, 2013 10:50 AM BST
Not a bad concession from PP for the BMW particulary for anyone doing a shorter price player like Woods or Stenson,money back to a 100 if they finish 2nd or tied for that on pre tournament bets.
Report callitasucit September 11, 2013 3:13 PM BST
Hard to get a grasp on this week with no course form. Backed Graeme Delaet at 50s when Powers priced it up last week. Pretty confident of another good showing from him. He finished his round very well, hopefully giving himself the belief that he can land one of these. He just couldn't hole a putt on the first 16 holes, but played probably aswell as the winner, which bodes well for him holding it together if in contention again. Have also since backed him for top ten.
Have added Zach Johnson at 50, he had a week off for brothers wedding, prior to his last outing, when for the first time in awhile he didn't make the top 8. I doubt Zach was skulling vodka and dancing on tables, but he may have been slightly off his game early on, but probably still came away nearly as happy as Stenson, after holing a great birdie putt on the 18th, to catapult him onto the Presidents Cup team. Expect him to pick up where he left off this week.
Snedeker has been playing in everything bar the Solheim Cup lately, and could benefit more than most from the week off. Sponsors demands ensured he played more than he probably wanted to in a 7 week spell, but after a couple of missed cuts he showed a little bit more in New York. 55 for a player of his ability in a 70 man field is surely worth a tipple.
Similar enough reasons for Backing Westwood, 55 just seems to big for someone that although typically not finishing tournaments off, he has been at the business end of quite a few big ones lately. He would be one that I would be taking a profit out of if he goes short though!!
Having backed 4 at around the 50 mark, I am going to allow myself a stab at a market leader. Not yet decided between Tiger and Stricker. Stricker probably seems the better bet, but I not sure he still has it in to close out a tournament, so maybe 23 too short in this regard??

Bets so far:
50 e.w Delaet 50-1 Powers
100 @ 5.2 Delaet Top Ten
50 win @ 55 Snedeker, 50 @ 12 Top 5.
50 win @ 50 Zach, 50 @ 9.4 Top 5, waiting to be matched for top 10.
47 win @ 55 Westwood, 50 @ 9.4 Top 5.
50 Top Ten Patrick Reed @ 11.5
50 Top Ten Streelman @ 10.5
Backed both Reed and Streelman due to course knowledge, Streelman living just down the road, and Reed having some good amateur form here.

GL all.
Report Deplasterer September 11, 2013 7:30 PM BST
Pod usually starts well in tournaments, really like him in his 3 ball tomorrow afternoon, linksy course and wind up tommrow also should suit:

2.8 Padraig to bt Jimenez/Derksen
Report huddys September 11, 2013 7:54 PM BST
Going to back Dustin in America e/w at 33/1 and done a small e/w double with Dustin 33/1 and Bello in Europe at 50/1,have to keep living the dream,it breaks my heart not backing Tiger hope I don't regreat it.best of luck this week lads.
Report Distant View September 11, 2013 10:31 PM BST
Dustin is 35/1 now huddys with PP and money back up to €100 if he is second.

He is main bet this week for me but it's really difficult with no course form other than Chris Kirk's second in the regional qualifying here in 2008 for Torrey Pines.
Report Deplasterer September 12, 2013 12:24 PM BST
Nice bet on Padraig in his 3 ball just to tee off and relented against my better nature in the win market at 50's, more on Sneds too
Report callitasucit September 12, 2013 2:01 PM BST
Sned 70 now DP. Ridiculous price.
Huddys, Tiger is 7s in Powers if you are backing. I went with 100 e.w Strick instead, I think the 5s on him to be placed is better than the 7s on Tiger to win.
Report frankalsoran60 September 12, 2013 3:22 PM BST
Tiger is a better at 7s  CAL, also money back if 2nd includeing ties...
Report huddys September 12, 2013 6:29 PM BST
Seen that Calliasucit couldn't help myself put 50 on,ha
Report pa lapsy September 12, 2013 6:44 PM BST
3 chip ins for Snedeker through 1st 8 holes,went to 80,s at the off,keep feckin going boy.
Report huddys September 12, 2013 6:47 PM BST
Great start alright pa lapsy,some price you lads gotShocked
Report pa lapsy September 12, 2013 6:52 PM BST
Think the back 9 is a little bit easier Huddys so might be slightly skewered, anyway fingers crossed.
Report Deplasterer September 12, 2013 9:44 PM BST
-8 Sneds, nice..., 6.8 lay, free ride the weekend, lovely.
Report pa lapsy September 12, 2013 10:07 PM BST
Seemed to have a very good head on him in the interview there,positive and happy out, a dream round for backers, level screen for myself at the moment after getting what i could off Stenson And Kuchar,one nice win if Brandt manages to pull this off.
Whole host of the worlds best within 4 shots behind,it won,t be easy.
Interesting list of bets you done Callit,fairly outside the box doing quite well in fairness. Lets keep it going Grin
Report callitasucit September 12, 2013 10:08 PM BST
Ya, hopefully Tiger f*cks off!!
Report pa lapsy September 12, 2013 10:17 PM BST
Suppose he could have been almost in the lead only for 3/4 tiddlers, the last hole was a bit of payback, least Snedeker is playing in front of him and Tigers keeping some of the crowd away.
Report huddys September 12, 2013 10:20 PM BST
Now now callitasucit,ha only messing
Report callitasucit September 12, 2013 10:29 PM BST
Ha HaGrin
Report callitasucit September 12, 2013 10:49 PM BST
Nice finish to round from Streelman
Report Deplasterer September 12, 2013 10:58 PM BST
Now for a 64 from Pod tomorrow morningDevil
Report huddys September 12, 2013 10:58 PM BST
Ye great finish,you have a few juicey bets done,best of luck.
Report huddys September 12, 2013 10:59 PM BST
And the wind to blow in the afternoon deplastererLaugh
Report Deplasterer September 12, 2013 11:03 PM BST
Are you reading my mind huddys!Laugh
Report huddys September 12, 2013 11:06 PM BST
Great minds think alikeGrin
Report Deplasterer September 12, 2013 11:07 PM BST
I smell another forum group hug on Sunday nightTongue Out, Sned did it for us not too long back, great man in front, plenty of dangers abound though.

I'm going for my 3 ball losses on Pod tommorow again at 2/1Scared
Report huddys September 12, 2013 11:11 PM BST
Ha best of look with Pod,im going to throw a score on Pod aswell for the interest,GO POD!!!!!!!
Report pa lapsy September 12, 2013 11:16 PM BST
Now you,re talking DeplasterGrin, we might have to cyberkinetically hold hands and chant mantras but by feck we,ll give it it a good try,3 shots back to 3rd,a bouyant Sneds tonight, and a no lose situ in any case.
4 birds from last 5 from K S nice finish alright Callit.
Report callitasucit September 13, 2013 12:16 PM BST
Had a few quid on Streelman in win market at 40. Hoping Tiger goes par through first 6 or 7 holes, then will add him. Still think Delaet can get involved, very streaky player, he could very easily shoot a Snedeker style round today. Tempted to top up at 140.
Report pa lapsy September 13, 2013 11:01 PM BST
Bit mixed with Snedeker,came back well after the bogey at 9,thought he might have a few shot lead after getting to -12,par at the last(5) and Furyk,s 59 no help, still a bit of distance back to 4th so not a bad day all in all.
Rory stone last,seems to have lost the plot altogether.
Report Deplasterer September 14, 2013 10:16 AM BST
Snedeker still his to lose, old jumbo was something else, best round I've ever seen in the conditions, brilliant but he will fade as usual.

Tiger caught cheating again, 2 shot penalty, deary me.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 11:36 AM BST
Shane Lowry doing okay in Holland,2 off the lead in a compact leaderboard,done a small interest in him at 15ish as has a par 5 next hole.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 11:49 AM BST
Lovely, manages to bogey it.
Report callitasucit September 14, 2013 12:07 PM BST
Lowry rarely seems to finish off a good round, when he has got himself into contention. Countless Sundays when he will go 5 or 6 under through about 14, look like challenging, then f*ck up the closing holes, and disappear off leaderboard.
Some round from Jim, shame!! Sned and Zach would have it by the balls without it!
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 12:22 PM BST
Filthy in Holland,no doubt plenty will be going backward,Shane if he managed a bird there would have shared lead and the 15,s would have been around 5,s. Still think if he pars in wouldn,t be too far off the lead,agree he can make a mess of it as well Callit.
Furyk surely won,t get near that again,weak finisher as deplasterer says, still got to be very optimistic with Snedeker.
Report Deplasterer September 14, 2013 12:44 PM BST
Had an interest on Havret at 40 for an interest, brutal conditions, love it. Snedeker there to lat at around 3.2, no way will be odds on after tonightCool
Report Deplasterer September 14, 2013 12:46 PM BST
Why does tiger persist in cheating when all the cameras are on him, not the first time and should have been chucked out of the masters this year also. Never liked him, vile person.
Report callitasucit September 14, 2013 1:26 PM BST
Disappointed in Tiger myself.
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 7:40 PM BST
Shaky start with 2 bogeys,leaving the field back into this .
Looked to me as well Tiger had to know that ball moved.
Report callitasucit September 14, 2013 11:25 PM BST
Thankful for Furyks late bogey. Hopefully one of Strick, Sned or Zach can do it tomorrow. Hopefully Sned for a forum boooooomGrin
Report pa lapsy September 14, 2013 11:43 PM BST
With furyk and stricker ahead not gone yet,bit disappointed with brandt tonight really thought like deplasterer he might be odds on at end of play,anyway good last hole rescued it a bit. Still good sweat for tomorrow.
Report callitasucit September 14, 2013 11:48 PM BST
Took some out of Sned and Zach, and put it on Tiger. Backed Strick in Powers, so will leave that alone. Basically anyone but Jimbo for me tomorrow so!! Hopefully catch the 3 top 5s at the very least.
Report Deplasterer September 15, 2013 3:47 AM BST
Sneds still wins lads, no fear, chance to back again at nice odds.Tongue Out
Report huddys September 15, 2013 3:32 PM BST
Best of luck tonight lads with Sned,hope he wins for youse
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 4:52 PM BST
Course hit badly with torrential rain, weather delay.
Report huddys September 15, 2013 4:54 PM BST
Any idea what time the leaders will be out at
Report pa lapsy September 15, 2013 4:58 PM BST
Not a clue Huddys,Poulter tweeted the course is under water,might give an update on sky at 5.00
Report huddys September 15, 2013 6:13 PM BST
Monday finish,they think the leaders will play 9 holes today,play to start again 7;30
Report callitasucit September 15, 2013 7:13 PM BST
Ya, leaders not due out til 10.10pm our time. Assuming no more delays. Ruining a lads Sunday evening!! Had told the missus I would bring her out tomorrow for the anniversary, hopefully they complete the round early. It could be all duck or no dinnerGrin
Report huddys September 15, 2013 7:15 PM BST
Your in a great position callitasucit,best of luck.
Report callitasucit September 15, 2013 7:22 PM BST
Cheers Huddys. Done a few two ball bets(betfair all markets suspended on 2 balls even though some not starting for 3 hours,... shoddy work), but bookies prob still betting on them. Done 4 15 euro trebles, and a 15 euro acca, Bradley, Luke, Spieth and Day. Threw Streelman, Walker and Tiger into a euro super Heinz with them aswell. Looks like I be watching the Coronation St omnibus firstGrin.
Backed Tiger at 9.4 at end of play last night. He only 7.6 now. Good mind to take the money back out of him, and put it back on Zach and Strick. Greed a terrible thing!!
Report huddys September 15, 2013 7:26 PM BST
God you have some amounts of guys to keep an eye on tonight the tv and shotracker for you tonight then,ha
Report callitasucit September 15, 2013 7:34 PM BST
Meant to be meeting a few lads in pub bout 11, so wont see much of tonight. Will check it with double vision on my return!! Good luck with Tiger Huddys, I laid him back there at 7.6, reinvested on Sned and Zach. Will prob back Tiger after couple holes if no forward move, just his price now is v short for being 4 behind , and behind 4 world class players. If one had the funds, there is serious bucks to be made backing Tiger at end of round, and laying prior to next round. Been keeping notes all year, only one drift, and that was smaller than any of the price contractions.
Report callitasucit September 16, 2013 3:00 PM BST
Looking forward to this. Cracking leader board. Sned 6.2 now, only a point shorter than Tiger. Seems wrong imo.
Report pa lapsy September 16, 2013 3:19 PM BST
Yeah a bonus alright,plenty of early birds,C,mon Mr Snedeker.
Report callitasucit September 16, 2013 3:40 PM BST
Backed Tiger at 12 after the bogey. Watney is an unwanted fly in the ointment at the moment!
Report pa lapsy September 16, 2013 4:59 PM BST
What a dose, just goin backwards, GL with Zach Callit.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 16, 2013 5:06 PM BST
backed Tiger @ 38 and Watney @ 40 - i'd appreciate the leaders to mess up now Devil
Report callitasucit September 16, 2013 5:10 PM BST
Terrible putting from Sned. At least Strick and Zach are giving me a run.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 16, 2013 5:12 PM BST
jesus wept Laugh if i hit a wedge that bad i'd be going mad
Report callitasucit September 16, 2013 5:47 PM BST
Need Spieth to hold on in two ball on the 18th, and Luke to outscore Jones over the last 5 holes.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 16, 2013 6:33 PM BST
Cry ffs so close
Report callitasucit September 16, 2013 7:16 PM BST
Clciked the 2 balls trebles and acca, hopefully Zach can bring home the loot.
Report callitasucit September 16, 2013 7:18 PM BST
BeautyGrin
Report pa lapsy September 16, 2013 7:45 PM BST
Well done with Zach Callit, nice price.
Report callitasucit September 16, 2013 7:54 PM BST
Cheers Pa.
Report huddys September 16, 2013 8:05 PM BST
Well done Callitasucit delighted for you.
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 6:37 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com