Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
keen leader
29 Aug 13 10:56
| Topic/replies: 634 | Blogger: keen leader's blog
the group stage draw is this evening. with the spanish teams coming back to the pack last term, this competition has more potential winners than is the norm this time around.

i will put up 2 teams, one i think could win it outright and the other liable to reach a quarter final. back them now at current prices and trade out at the knockout stages if you like for a free position.
my teams are italian, juventus at 18/1, i think they are as good as any of the uk teams and double the price of most of them and they could be in the competition to the bitter end, not lost many games in the last 2 years. secondly napoli, good squad, experienced manager with euro pedigree at 50/1.
juve are 2nd seeds, napoli 4th, if either are in a group of death it will suit them as the italians tend to love such groups.

so
juve  18/1
napoli  50/1
and you might be bigger after the draw tonight, i would still stick with them.
Pause Switch to Standard View champions league 2013-14
Show More
Report silvergreaser August 29, 2013 12:04 PM BST
More like 4 individual coins richters.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl August 29, 2013 12:19 PM BST
I will include the great David Moyes to make it this year after being robbed by a bad ref decision and lack of discipline from Fergie on the line.  So Napoli and Juve with a view to trade, and man Utd all the way winner.
Report reb August 29, 2013 12:49 PM BST
I find it much easier to get value in the Eur(h)op(eless)a  League outright market than the Champs League. Much better to look for outsiders there as the favs in that competition tend to be more interested in qualifying domestically for the following season's Champs League.
Report neill d August 29, 2013 3:07 PM BST
Juventus will do much better now they have signed 2 quality strikers.
Report Rocketfingers August 29, 2013 3:10 PM BST
I think the Juve price is decent enough.
Report neill d August 29, 2013 3:10 PM BST
They will deffo trade shorter I agree.
Report db1974 August 29, 2013 5:13 PM BST
This "draw" drives me demented - just pull the teams out FFS and be done with it - no-one gives a flying fcuk what Johann Cryuff or anyone else thinks, we all just want to know what the groups are
Report Newmanix August 30, 2013 8:21 AM BST
Ath Madrid @48 may go a long way this year.  Easy group and are very strong home and away.
Report Roger De Bris August 30, 2013 10:27 AM BST
FINAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUPS

Group A Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad.

Group B Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, Copenhagen.

Group C Benfica, PSG, Olympiakos, Anderlecht.

Group D Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, Viktoria Plzen.

Group E Chelsea, Schalke, Basel, Steaua Bucharest.

Group F Arsenal, Dortmund, Marseille, Napoli.

Group G Porto, Zenit St Petersburg, Atletico Madrid, FC Austria Vienna.

Group H Barcelona, Milan, Ajax, Celtic.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 30, 2013 10:38 AM BST
Good draw for Keen Leaders selections.

Group B is straight forward Galatasaray and Copenhagen don't count

Group F not a hard group for Napoli should be good enough to beat Arsenal and Marseeille
Report roadrunner46 August 30, 2013 10:52 AM BST
dream on if you think napoli will knock arsenal out of the champions league or borussia dortmund, napoli going out first round.

man utd / real sociedad?

real madrid / juventus

psg / benfica

b munich / man city

chelsea / basel?

dortmund / arsenal

porto / a madrid?

barcelona / milan
Report Roger De Bris August 30, 2013 11:32 AM BST
do the 16 teams then go into another draw?
Report Ozymandius August 30, 2013 11:34 AM BST
Yes, seeded, depending on finishing positions in groups. I think, for the next round and only that round, teams from the same country are kept apart though could be mistaken on that.
Report roadrunner46 September 1, 2013 6:40 PM BST
all that money spurs have spent and they still couldnt beat arsenal, never underestimate arsenalLaugh
Report roadrunner46 September 2, 2013 1:47 PM BST
ozil signed up for arsenalHappy they should have good chance now of winning their group Laugh excellent midfielder
Report roadrunner46 September 18, 2013 10:10 PM BST
tuesday 17 sep results

man utd 4-2 b levekusen
plzen   0-3 man city
b munich 3-0 cska moscow
benfica 2-0 anderlect
copehagen 1-1 juventus
galatasary 1-6 r madrid
olympiakos 1-4 paris sg
real sociedad 0-2 shaktar donetsk

wednesday 18 sep results

ac milan 2-0 celtic
chelsea 1-2 basle
marseille 1-2 arsenal
a madrid 3-1 zenit st psbg
austria vienna 0-1 port0
barcelona 4-0 ajax
napoli 2-1 bor dortmund
shalke 3-0 steau bucht
Report DECALEC September 19, 2013 12:06 AM BST
napoli 2-1 bor dortmund WHO'D I'H TAUT THAT THEN
Report pa lapsy October 1, 2013 12:26 PM BST
Not a big football better but an Arsenal/Barcelona double at around 7/4 looks good to me tonight.
Report pa lapsy October 2, 2013 12:30 PM BST
Chance a Cska Moscow and Bayer Leverkusen DB tonight at very near 2/1.
Report Rocketfingers October 2, 2013 3:28 PM BST
Massively against one of those teams Pa actually i like neither.
Report Rocketfingers October 2, 2013 3:43 PM BST
Tbf wildman i'm saying i don't like either but massively against one of them. I won't name which one i hate showing my hand anymore, don't worry there will be no booms as i won't be putting up my bet.
Report richters October 2, 2013 3:51 PM BST
kingrockrat and ratfingers post within minutes of one another....what a coincidence....
Report pa lapsy October 2, 2013 3:51 PM BST
Not a big football better Rocket,Scott Browns sending off last night seems to happen a bit often for me,still like a bit of interest in C L all the same. Both teams seem to be drifting slightly so you might be right. Way i looked at it was both of the opponents got well beat at home last cl game,know Cska and Bayer aren,t great but the other two look worse.
Who do you fancy yourself?
Report Rocketfingers October 2, 2013 4:36 PM BST
Ah i'm on Plzen quite big mate on the handicaps, CSKA form has been shocking, bet the unders as well smaller. I have no bet on the other one but much close to a bet on the Spanish +1, reckon Bayern Munich are also a bet, backed Olympiakos small as well +0.25 but value gone there.
Report pa lapsy October 2, 2013 4:51 PM BST
Fair enough, know what you are saying with cska,don,t think Plzen have much better form though, home advantage i,d be hoping is enough.
City and Bayern game could be a good one. gl
Report Rocketfingers October 2, 2013 4:52 PM BST
Game is on neutral ground in St Petersburg, i'm on +1 and +0.75.
Report pa lapsy October 2, 2013 4:58 PM BST
Didn,t realise that, no one at the game.
Report richters October 2, 2013 6:43 PM BST
cheers rocky keep em coming......wd pa
Report Rocketfingers October 2, 2013 6:53 PM BST
Wd Pa best team won, delighted to get 3/4 of my money back, felt like a win Cool
Report richters October 2, 2013 6:55 PM BST
MUUUUUUUUG.........
Report neill d October 2, 2013 6:57 PM BST
I couldn't get over how bad Napoli were last night. Arsenal have the players to pulverize inferior teams but I'd worry for them when they don't have the ball. They have the best midfielder in England in Wilshire, though.
Report pa lapsy October 2, 2013 6:59 PM BST
Sound Rocket,lucky though as didn,t realise they weren,t at home, c,mon Bayer.
Report Rocketfingers October 2, 2013 7:16 PM BST
Bayer Leverkusen very well bet in the last hour or so
Report richters October 2, 2013 9:37 PM BST
wd pa.......rockys satchel well emptied this last 2 nights......
Report pa lapsy October 2, 2013 9:41 PM BST
Thanks Richters bit jammy injury time free kick,but R S got a soft peno.
Wildmans comment he made at around 3.30 must have been reported and taken off.
Report richters October 2, 2013 9:44 PM BST
ahh sure rockys reporting everything mate.......they really must be laughing at him,wouldnt be surprised if they ban him,he is just a nuiscance to everyone including betfair....
Report kiddo112 October 2, 2013 9:47 PM BST
Well done pa, 2 decent nights for you. Juve the bookies friend tonight, again
Report Rocketfingers October 2, 2013 10:11 PM BST
Ya richters broker after laying my bets Laugh Olympiakos won and so did Bayern my other bet was 3/4 of a push, richters ouch haha.

WD Pa btw
Report roadrunner46 October 2, 2013 10:21 PM BST
tuesday 1 oct results

steau bucht 0-4 chelsea
arsenal 2-0 napoli
celtic 0-1 barcelona
basel 0-1 shalke
b dortmund 3-0 marseille
zenit 0-0 austria vienna
porto 1-2 a madrid
ajax 1-1 milan

wednesday 2 oct results

shakhtar 1-1 man utd
man city 1-3 b munich
b levekusen 2-1 r sociedad
juve 2-2 galatasary
r madrid 4-0 copehagen
psg 3-0 benfica
anderlect 0-3 olympiakos
cska moscow 3-2 plzen

32 games played so far and only 5 draws
Report wildmanfromborneo October 3, 2013 12:52 AM BST
Pa Lapsy gets another double up,Rocketfingers gets both matches wrong,a normal football night on here.
Report Rocketfingers October 3, 2013 8:50 AM BST
Actually wrong again as i bet all my stuff on handicaps Real Soc bet would have won as they were +1.25, some days not sure why i come to let myself be attacked by the ignorant few.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 3, 2013 9:25 AM BST
Pa Lapsy put up a double you replied " massively against one of those teams,I actually like neither " not unusually Pa Lapsy got his double up and you got your dubious losing double up yet again.

You did the usual try to nominate different bets to make out you have won your fantasy bet when its actually gone down.
Report Rocketfingers October 3, 2013 9:31 AM BST
I also said i was one team +1 and +0.75, read back, for me no biggie, i lose a lot but i'm lucky i win more than i lose Wink
Report wildmanfromborneo October 3, 2013 9:43 AM BST
I did read it Pa Lapsy put up a double on Tuesday that triumphed he followed this up with another double that too triumphed,you said you were against both his teams including massively against one of them.

He was right once again you were wrong as usual.
Report Rocketfingers October 3, 2013 9:48 AM BST
Ok have it your way LaughCool
Report roadrunner46 October 24, 2013 1:42 PM BST
results oct 22/23

milan 1-1 barce
celtic 2-1 ajax
porto 0-1 zenit
austria 0-3 a madrid
marsellie 1-2 napoli
arsenal 1-2 dortmund
steua bucht 1-1 basel
shalke 0-3 chelsea
b munich 5-0 plzen
cska 1-2 man city
anderlect 0-5 psg
benfica 1-1 olympiakos
galatasary 3-1 copenhagen
real madrid 2-1 juventus
man utd 1-0 sociedad
leverkusen 4-0 shaktar

48 games played and only 8 draws (low)

arsenal need there players back from injury, would of beaten dortmund easily, had no firepower on the bench.
good win for celtic, still in with a fighting chance.
Report Kriskin October 27, 2013 1:52 AM BST
TTT
Report roadrunner46 November 6, 2013 9:09 PM GMT
come on arsenalLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughtold u they are better
than b dortmund.0-1 25/1 0-2 40/1 arsenal win (mad prices)
Report ReimerpYsatnaf November 6, 2013 9:11 PM GMT
have they not noticed you missing from the nuthouse yet ya aftertiming toby?? Plain
Report roadrunner46 November 6, 2013 9:15 PM GMT
you dont think im going to give all my tips wayLaugh said last time they are better team than b dortmundCool
Report roadrunner46 November 6, 2013 9:58 PM GMT
results nov 5/6

real sociedad 0-0 man utd
shakhtar 0-0 b levkusen
copenhagan 1-0 galatasary
juve 2-2 real madrid
olympiakos 1-0 benfica
psg 1-1 anderlecht
man city 5-2 cska
plzen 0-1 b munich
basel 1-1 steah buch
chelsea 3-0 shalke
b dortmund 0-1 arsenal
napoli 3-2 marseille
zenit 1-1 porto
a madrid 4-0 austria
ajax 1-0 celtic
barcelona 3-1 milan

great win by the arsenal tonight, would be amazing if they can win the league this yearHappy.
napoli winning again tonight
Report roadrunner46 December 11, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
my champions league predictions had 7 winners out of 8 the group winners, and 11 out of 16 qualifying for the next round.
arsenal always make it through to the next round, must be one of the most successful and reliable teams in the champions
league every year.
Report snap crackle and pop December 11, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
Aaah, so your expertise and inspired selections now encapsulates champions league football as well as all the fibresand action from Southwell...what a guy!
Report roadrunner46 December 11, 2013 9:56 PM GMT
your always saying i dont put selections up before the results already knownLaugh
Report snap crackle and pop December 11, 2013 9:57 PM GMT
I have yet to see you put a horse up on here as a selection before the race has been ran, yes that is correct
Report roadrunner46 December 11, 2013 9:59 PM GMT
thats the thing about the fibresand, you dont have to be an expert to see and understand those angle, have you got any inside contacts in marco botti's yardCool
Report roadrunner46 December 11, 2013 10:01 PM GMT
put up numerouse horses that won at 16/1 or higher on there next run, after i put them on the numerous notebook lists.
Report snap crackle and pop December 11, 2013 10:01 PM GMT
Buddy of mine has contacts in various diff yards in the uk, why?
Report roadrunner46 December 11, 2013 10:03 PM GMT
marco botti is very good trainer, one to watchout for over the next few months on the all weather, remember who told ya.
getting winners all the timeCool
Report snap crackle and pop December 11, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
Good grief, that is by far the best post I have ever read on here! A real beauty!

Botti is a trainer to watch out for on the all weather over the next few months!

Sweet fook, I've heard it all!
Report Ozymandius December 12, 2013 12:35 PM GMT
wildmanfromborneo 30 Aug 13

Group B is straight forward Galatasaray and Copenhagen don't count

Group F not a hard group for Napoli should be good enough to beat Arsenal and Marseeille

Stick to commentating on social issues Borneo Wink
Report richters December 12, 2013 12:39 PM GMT
ozy have you done your t1ts on these kl selecseans or do you only do the winning tips?
Report Ozymandius December 12, 2013 12:44 PM GMT
I didn't follow him here, I would know enough to make my own selections on prominent soccer markets like this. Or at least to evaluate what he says and then make up my own mind. 

You can't beat him on the hosses and the local GAA where he does be mooching around, seeing things and hearing things Wink
Report Rocketfingers December 12, 2013 3:10 PM GMT
Oh boy looks liek richters has just issued a tipping challenge to Keen Leader on here Laugh
Report insideinfo December 12, 2013 3:37 PM GMT
richters wudnt be fit to lace KL's boots!
Report richters December 12, 2013 3:47 PM GMT
shudnt you be at twaddell avenue inside ye ****......
Report richters December 12, 2013 3:53 PM GMT
go on admit it insideout,you wish you were irish dont ye,all the hanging around ye do on here,1 all ireland betfair forum,1 all ireland rugby team,next step 1 island 1 country.....BOOOOOOM......
Report roadrunner46 December 12, 2013 4:40 PM GMT
think man city look a value play at the moment in the champions league at 14/1, to win from being 2-0 down against the reigning
european champions the other night, b munich are only 5/2, would bet man city to beat them again if they meet again this year
look the best of the outsiders at this present time IMO. everyone knows they have got a surplus of talent in the squad, one off
games and cup matchs, on their day, can be a capable team and could go all the way to the final. gl all
Report roadrunner46 December 12, 2013 4:57 PM GMT
the OP was right about napoli they played a great tournament, with 4 wins they proved to be a good team, just the experience of
arsenal and b dortmund just got them over the finishing line.
Report richters December 12, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
do ye think will the bookies payout for napoli qualifying RR if ye tell them that sobstory.....
Report Ozymandius December 12, 2013 5:05 PM GMT
Whats the spread on this imminent United Ireland coming into being, Dickie, perhaps we could have a wee wager?
Report kavvie December 12, 2013 5:23 PM GMT
napoli won 4 times outa 6 and didnt qualify..schalke won 1 out of 6 and did.amazing really
Report insideinfo December 12, 2013 7:12 PM GMT
me too ozy,maybe rich the dich cud ask betfair if they will put a market up
Report wildmanfromborneo December 12, 2013 7:58 PM GMT
" Napoli should be good enough to beat Arsenal and Marseille "

This is the statement of mine that Ozymandius tried to hold up to ridicule.

They did beat Arsenal and they also beat Marseille home and away,they won four games out of six and only a late goal for Borussia Dortmund against a ten man Marseille stopped them qualifying.

Napoli failed to qualify with 12 points yet Zenit St Petersburg qualified with a paltry 6 and Galatasaray with 7.

I did lose my money as I backed Napoli to qualify.
Report silvergreaser December 12, 2013 8:02 PM GMT
Napoli didnt qualify because they played like chumps at the emirates simple as.
Report wildmanfromborneo December 12, 2013 8:15 PM GMT
Has a team ever not qualified with 12 points before ?
Report CheltenhamRoar December 12, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
No,Thats the first time in CL history that a team has failed to qualify with 12 points wildman.
Report Ozymandius December 12, 2013 10:40 PM GMT
Borneo puts money on a football event? I thought that was against your religion?  I thought only hoss gamblin' was proper gamblin'?
Report reb December 12, 2013 11:39 PM GMT
According to the Guardian today, PSG got 12 points in 97/98 and failed to qualify :

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/12/champions-league-10-talking-points-group-games

Re the eventual winner, the best bet at current prices is B. Dortmund at 19.5 - 20. Winning their group last night was critical (and surprising). They will play one of Galatasaray,Olympiakos,Zenit,Milan or Man City in the next round (1st leg away). The only one of those they may fear is Man C..They have had a lot of injury problems this season but should be back near full-strength by late Feb 2014 when the round of 32 takes place. They know they have little chance of winning the Bundesliga now but a top 4 (Champs Lge entry), should be well within their compass and will not overly tax them physically.

However, as with so many bets nowadays, there is little value in it but as an "interest bet" in the C.L. Outright market it's as good as you'll get, in my opinion.
Report roadrunner46 April 17, 2014 12:36 AM BST
my original 3 choices have made the semi finals, will be hoping real madrid win the cup now. just as a thought barcelona werent going to be good enough this year, man city were unlucky against barca, injurys and some dodgy
decisions cost them.
Report DECALEC April 17, 2014 10:13 AM BST
so ye laid barcaConfused
Report frankalsoran60 April 18, 2014 6:53 PM BST
Chelsea could be a lay this weekend at 1.21 to beat sunderland, chelsea may rest several key  midfield players with the Champions league game v al madrid on in midweek, MOURINHO is sure to pack midfield to stop Atletico Madrid comeing forward and get a good result for the stamford bridge return game.  Sunderland will be a bit of a high after the Man city result and have nothing to lose, i may be wrong but its a bet worth taking before the Chelsea team is announced , that or a 2-1 win for Chelsea pays 10/1 on betfair.
Report frankalsoran60 April 19, 2014 7:29 PM BST
booom, not exactly the way i thought, but i will the lay
Report workrider April 19, 2014 11:23 PM BST
Well done Frank , CHELSEA only have themselves to blame ...
Report pa lapsy April 20, 2014 10:53 AM BST
Very good Frank,good bit of reasoning to boot.
Report frankalsoran60 April 20, 2014 11:27 AM BST
ty lads i also bet sunderland to win 2-1 65/1 and 3-1 240/1 for small money i made just over 360e laying near the end of the game ,Sunderland missed a great chance to made the score 3-1 in the last min.. i would have made 5k if that score come up, but i was a happy man nevertheless. ..it might be worth a small wager on norwich to beat liverpool, i got 80/1 norwich to win 2-0 yesterday , i also backed them to win 2-1 at 25/1 , at this time of the year you can get a lot of surprices. good luck with you bets.
Report workrider April 20, 2014 12:01 PM BST
Hoping Liverpool do the business , especially for Gerrard , backed Chelsea to win the title , but after yesterday would be more than happy to see this LOYAL player receive the reward his loyalty deserves...Nice pickings Frank...
Report workrider April 20, 2014 12:08 PM BST
1.0 LIVERPOOL ..CRACKER..
Report workrider April 20, 2014 12:10 PM BST
Report kavvie April 20, 2014 12:22 PM BST
wr is ur fone not working..i rang u
Report workrider April 20, 2014 12:26 PM BST
Sorry had it on silent , will ring you now...
Report frankalsoran60 April 20, 2014 3:01 PM BST
HOPE FOR GERRARD THAT POOL DO IT, A GREAT PRO.
Report frankalsoran60 April 20, 2014 4:00 PM BST
ARSNEAL were a good bet today v hull,.. reason if Arsneal get a champions league place[which is very likely] then hull will get an Europa cup place even if hull lose the fa cup final to the gunners, im not suggesting that hull will throw the game but they wont be heartbroken if they lose which is very likely now.
Report roadrunner46 April 30, 2014 8:10 AM BST
7/8 of the group winners predicted - 3/4 of my selections made it to the semi finals - 1 has made it to the final so far, tough game for chelsea, massive advantage tonight at home. couldnt believe how
toothless the bayern munich attack was. real madrid are looking like the winners now. they have an excellent group of attacking players, the manager is doing a great job.
Report db1974 April 30, 2014 2:45 PM BST
Well done for picking the favourite in all 8 groups
Report CheltenhamRoar April 30, 2014 5:59 PM BST
roadrunner loves to pat himself on the back,that's twice now he's told us he's predicted 3 of the 4 semi finalists
Report frankalsoran60 April 30, 2014 6:18 PM BST
A madrid looks the way to go now ,last nights result will give them all the Incentive they need, but i hope im wrong.
Report Rocketfingers April 30, 2014 8:22 PM BST
Very tight game as expected so far an early goal would have helped but both sides have set up quite defensive. As the old adage goes this game needs a goal.
Report roadrunner46 May 25, 2014 7:21 AM BST
END OF THE THREAD

7/8 group winners predicted

3/4 my selections made the semi finals

real madrid my number 1 selection won the final

special mention for NEWMANIX who selected A MADRID
has to the best value bet on this thread by miles, inspired choice that pick.

every year the champions league is a money spinner, must be one of the easiest football tournaments
to predict home wins through the earlier rounds for the big teams. home advantage is massive in this competition.

A MADRID showed what a difficult team they are to beat in the final, the beautiful game won in the end.
Report roadrunner46 May 14, 2015 10:38 AM BST
just one year too early with these predictions, with napoli still in with a shout for the europa league.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com