Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
14 Feb 13 22:35
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: workrider's blog
unusual to see willie run one over there , and with ruby in the saddle as well ,  .anyway  this won well at fairyhouse , it was well touted before racing that day and won with any amount in hand .....its a mares listed race tomorrow , anyone have any thoughts on this....
Pause Switch to Standard View twigline sandown tomorrow ...
Show More
Report soldieroffortune February 14, 2013 10:37 PM GMT
Happy Valentines workrider! Grin
Report snap crackle and pop February 14, 2013 10:38 PM GMT
me thinks that race can be narrowed down to 3 possible winners.....twigline being one of them....
Report workrider February 14, 2013 10:38 PM GMT
THANKS MATE ....hope you got herself something ....?
Report workrider February 14, 2013 10:39 PM GMT
thanks for that scp...that certainly narrows it down ....Shocked
Report snap crackle and pop February 14, 2013 10:40 PM GMT
rev tricast prob the best way to approach it me thinks....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 14, 2013 10:42 PM GMT
from the net

Twigline is a rare runner at Sandown for Irish champion trainer Willie Mullins as she lines up in Friday's Jane Seymour Mares' Novices' Hurdle.

Despite being sidelined for well over two years, the six-year-old French recruit made a most impressive Irish debut at Fairyhouse in November and now tests the water at Listed level for the first time.
Twigline, who like leading mare Quevega and Thousand Stars is owned by the Hammer and Trowel Syndicate, will be partnered by Ruby Walsh.

The leading contender for the home team is undoubtedly the Nicky Henderson-trained Utopie Des Bordes.
A Grade One winner over fences in France, the five-year-old made a fine start for new connections at Doncaster a little over a week ago and is likely to be suited by the step up to two and a half miles at Sandown.

Donald McCain's She Ranks Me is forced to concede weight all round, having already won Listed prizes at Newbury and Haydock.
Dual Newton Abbot scorer My Legal Lady takes a significant step up in class and trainer Stuart Howe is just hoping for the best. Howe said: "I don't think any of them will like the ground - I'd imagine it's going to be desperate - but they've all go to cope with it. "There aren't that many opportunities for our mare and we're throwing her in at the deep end a bit.
"The Mullins horse will probably be a serious horse and then there's the Henderson horse as well. "If we can run into the frame I'd be delighted."

The six-runner field is completed by Cracking Lass, who was fifth to Utopie Des Bordes at Doncaster, and Toubeera.

btw
Master Of The Game 3.30 came up on my tracker (a Loughrea pt winner) in a two horse race tomorrow against one of Patsy's.

....might also have a nibblee in the Neptune 50/1 atm.
Report kingrat February 14, 2013 10:44 PM GMT
the big time pro punter ,wr, is making a move!!.....cheers m8! i am lumping onWink
Report ChildOfMine2 February 14, 2013 10:45 PM GMT
She's expected to win tomorrow fellas, they do think she's potentially top class :)
Report CheltenhamRoar February 14, 2013 10:45 PM GMT
Been keeping an eye out for this horse since its arrived in ireland,Has always been well thought off,Missed the whole of last season through injury,But she was really impressive on her irish debut at Fairyhouse,Could be potentially top class,The owners seem to be very lucky with their horses.

Skates in tomorrow,Then wins the Mares race at Cheltenham with Quevega been re routed to the World Hurdle Cool
Report workrider February 14, 2013 10:48 PM GMT
will you be lumping your monopoly money like your good pal coco , be a good lad now and run along , i think you've ruined enough threads today already ratty ...off you go now ,there's a good lad ....
Report kingrat February 14, 2013 10:53 PM GMT
what price should i take wr?
Report huddys February 14, 2013 10:55 PM GMT
Was just looking at the race,strange alright mullins sending her over alright,could easily pick up handy prize money here,so must be highly rated by mullins to send her to sandown,going to have a few quid on.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 14, 2013 10:55 PM GMT
Presume they didn't run her before this, because of the bug in the mares stable - must be gone ?
Report workrider February 14, 2013 10:57 PM GMT
ratty i think most of us on here have come to the conclusion you have a problem , get it sorted son....this is an thread about horse racing , either join in , in  sensible fashion , or go off somewere else and let us get on with it...the choice is yours....
Report workrider February 14, 2013 11:02 PM GMT
she ran before xmas catch me , even though willies were not winning all round them at the time , she proved herself fit and well on debut , i'd say there's more to come from this lady....
Report kingrat February 14, 2013 11:06 PM GMT
step a side people,dont crowd the legend and big time pro punter ,wr!get on!!!!Wink
Report CheltenhamRoar February 14, 2013 11:06 PM GMT
i wonder do they have Cheltenham in mind,And which race?Surely they wont run her against Quevega.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 14, 2013 11:09 PM GMT
That was on the 21st November(12/13 weeks ago)......can't remember that far back.

Champion Trainer Willie Mullins, and his stable jockey Ruby Walsh, combined for a double at Fairyhouse today when fragile Twigline overcame an absence of 934 days to win the Fairyhouse Membership 2013 Maiden Hurdle.
The French bred daughter of Martaline moved stylishly to the front at the final flight before staying on well on the run-in for an easy three and three parts of a length win over King Of The Refs.

Mullins, later stated “Twigline looks like a nice recruit and is a nice mare. She has had niggles (injuries) though and was bought as a three year old and got a stress fracture but we then had her ready and she then had another one.

“They are obviously lucky owners (also owners of Quevega and Thousand Stars) though and we just gave her time and she has come right. “We'll look down the mares' novice hurdles route now – she has plenty of gears and also stays. I'm hoping there'll be a nice bit of improvement.”
Report kingrat February 14, 2013 11:14 PM GMT
big money coming on bf now.the wr is making his moveWink
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 14, 2013 11:20 PM GMT
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user: kingrat.
You can manage your blocked users list here .

Another hint Excited
Report workrider February 14, 2013 11:22 PM GMT
think your right catch me ...how do i go about it....?
Report elvissss February 14, 2013 11:35 PM GMT
2 entries at Chelt for it - Neptune and Albert Bartlett
Report workrider February 14, 2013 11:36 PM GMT
really the albert ?....
Report elvissss February 14, 2013 11:37 PM GMT
Twigline not kingrat btw
Report workrider February 14, 2013 11:42 PM GMT
Laugh
Report kingrat February 14, 2013 11:44 PM GMT
get on elvis!!!!the big time pro,wr, has made his moveWink
Report elvissss February 14, 2013 11:46 PM GMT
Noel Quinlan sending one to Dundalk tomorrow - Khawatim 7.20
Report kingrat February 14, 2013 11:51 PM GMT
a flood of money now for the wrLaugh
Report elvissss February 14, 2013 11:57 PM GMT
Whats ut obsession with workrider kingrat?
Report kingrat February 15, 2013 12:03 AM GMT
did u get on elvisWink
Report kavvie February 15, 2013 12:04 AM GMT
ignore him elviss.better still lock him like the rest of us have done
Report kingrat February 15, 2013 12:08 AM GMT
are u on kav?Laugh
Report ACE JACK DOUBLE SUITED February 15, 2013 12:16 AM GMT
I'm not afraid of walsh or mullins...opening up the satchel on this one...LAY LAY LAY Gents
Report kavvie February 15, 2013 12:17 AM GMT
whats ur reasoning ace?
Report kingrat February 15, 2013 12:26 AM GMT
shush ace!Laugh
Report ACE JACK DOUBLE SUITED February 15, 2013 12:26 AM GMT
I wouldn't lay charlies one in lingers in the first though...good honest tipp man wouldn't send one over there to stop one
Report richters February 15, 2013 12:33 AM GMT
the words ivy and wall spring to mind when i think of charlie swan as a trainer .......
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 9:19 AM GMT
Twigline was visually impressive at Fairyhouse but that was probably the worst maiden hurdle run in Ireland last year,this is a real race.
I accept Willie Mullins has a number of decent mares and has chosen Twigline above a few others but on strict form she has no chance and is for me not only a lay but a place lay.
Report lapsy pa February 15, 2013 10:11 AM GMT
Utopie des Bordes won a grade 1 at Auteil(E200,000 to the winner Shocked),she beat Fago by 6l who was going to hose up until falling at Warwick at the weekend.The manner of her British debut over a probably inadequate 2m 1f at Doncaster was imo more workmanlike than spectacular,grinding it out and galloping to the line from turning inthe 2nd ,3rd and 4th were close up.On the bare bones of that it doesn,t look that special.
Twigline did go whoosh at Fairyhouse and it was a terrific turn of gear coming to the last,King of the Refs and Akatara who she beat still have not won their maiden after 6 goes between them.
Boils down to a maiden hurdler winner taking on a grade 1 winner and while i hope Twigline wins,i,ll just watch. GL
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl February 15, 2013 10:20 AM GMT
Willie had 4 in at Warwick last Sat. in the mares race won by AP McCoy . None of Willies turned up however, so the fact that this is travelling is of some interest. However wildman has put a dampener on my enthusiasm.......Sad
Report workrider February 15, 2013 10:21 AM GMT
it looks like form over potential , a maiden hurdle win of questionable quality over what is , looking like a race that was contested by two very smart horses indeed ...a no bet for me ...navan off on sunday i see....
Report kingrat February 15, 2013 10:28 AM GMT
big time pro punter,wr,is bailing out!.....cheers m8 for the infoWink
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 10:34 AM GMT
Kingrats reading ability isint too hot as he has spectacularly failed to follow this thread.
Report lapsy pa February 15, 2013 10:38 AM GMT
Ah shure he loves his smileys,a fierce fella with a colouring book i,d imagine.
Report workrider February 15, 2013 10:41 AM GMT
i'm actually feeling sorry for the poor guy , he seems to be getting worse ..still we wont allow him ruin a interesting thread..
Report kingrat February 15, 2013 10:51 AM GMT
the price is on the drift now,every1 is bailing out!!!Laugh
Report lapsy pa February 15, 2013 10:53 AM GMT
What price would you back her Kingrat?
Report lapsy pa February 15, 2013 11:23 AM GMT
Its a straight question,how i think it will pan out is,My legal lady will lead,She Ranks me and Utopie des bordes will dispute 2nd/3rd and twigline will sit off them in 5th or last.Turning in UDB and SRM will go for home with Twigline closing up,whats the price you think she is to pass them?
Report CheltenhamRoar February 15, 2013 1:46 PM GMT
Why would Mullins bother sending her over if he didn't think she had a realistic chance of winning?

They'll have known what their up against with the Henderson,They'll have obviously done their homework and know she's a G1 winner in France,

But that's obviously not hindered their enthusiasm,Twigline id imagine will have worked with Quevega at some stage,

Im failing to see any negatives here,She may well ultimately not be good enough,But i see more positives than negatives on this occasion,

id imagine Ruby may have suggested Sandown will suit the Mare,Anyway,We'll soon see.
Report kingrat February 15, 2013 2:32 PM GMT
you let the cat out of the bag aceLaugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 15, 2013 2:34 PM GMT
held every chance when coming down
Report Vubiant February 15, 2013 2:36 PM GMT
Stepped into the bottom of the hurdle -no chance of standing up.
I thought he would have won.
Report kingrat February 15, 2013 2:38 PM GMT
big time pro punter,wr, is on the blower to willie.standby!Wink
Report lapsy pa February 15, 2013 2:38 PM GMT
Think she would nearly have won as well by the way the winner came up the hill,she is very decent alright.
Report richters February 15, 2013 2:39 PM GMT
it doesnt seem to happen to townend these last fence falls.....
Report CheltenhamRoar February 15, 2013 2:41 PM GMT
Very unlucky,Think it's obvious she's well above average though.
Report tony57 February 15, 2013 2:42 PM GMT
think you right lapsy,..i think the winner would have outstayed the mullins horse..but no doubt it would have close.
Report lapsy pa February 15, 2013 2:47 PM GMT
Howya tony,i didn,t make myself clear there,if twigline could quicken any bit at all she would have won as i thought the other two only stayed on,any we will never know,shame backers didn,t get a chance to find out.
Report tony57 February 15, 2013 2:56 PM GMT
sorry lapsyBlush..but as i said i think the henderson horse would have won..looks to me she is a stayer..and henderson just said shes go,n up to 3m
Report kingrat February 15, 2013 3:00 PM GMT
what did willie say tony?Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 6:00 PM GMT
Normally when you are a layer you think they are going better than they actually are but coming to the last I thought Twigline was well beaten and even felt I had a chance of getting her out of the place.She was travelling and jumping beautifully throughout but came off the bridle between the last two and was going nowhere when she fell.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 15, 2013 6:06 PM GMT
She was well beaten? She held every chance and while she looked to be going best you could not say for certain she would have won.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 6:41 PM GMT
" looked to be going best". I presume you are allowing your heart rule your head,hard to credit anyone thinking that would have been in a scrap for second.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 15, 2013 6:53 PM GMT
My heart rule my head Confused Yes my heart wanted some French mare who the Hammer and Trowel syndicate who i don't know bought to win.

She was bang there with the first 2 at the hurdle, what she would have found we don't know seen as we have not seen that yet as she won as she liked at Fairyhouse.

head,hard to credit anyone thinking that would have been in a scrap for second.

why don't you ask workrider who you seem pally with would he credit my punting?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 15, 2013 6:54 PM GMT
elvissss 14 Feb 13 23:46 Joined: Noel Quinlan sending one to Dundalk tomorrow - Khawatim 7.20

All the rage in the betting too
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 6:59 PM GMT
1.01 you backed it
Go take a walk cool down and have another look,she was beat when she fell.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 15, 2013 7:03 PM GMT
Why? because i think she had a chance it means i backed her? I never said she would have won, i said she still had every chance. Amazing that most seem to agree with me.

Why do i need a walk to calm down? You been out in the pub all day and had a skinfull and now in looking for an arguement?
Report lapsy pa February 15, 2013 7:03 PM GMT
"Held up in 5th off the pace,closed before 2 out,switched left after hurdle,ridden and about to challenge when fell last"
Thats the official post race comment about her, hard to disagree with imo.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 7:08 PM GMT
You said she was going best which I don't agree with just like I can't  agree with the post race comment that she was about to challenge she was a length down and going nowhere.

I was actually working this afternoon not drinking.
Report dj876 February 15, 2013 7:11 PM GMT
Twigline was matched at 1.42 just before she fell.How many last flight fallers has Ruby had this year??
Report CheltenhamRoar February 15, 2013 7:11 PM GMT
The Henderson horse was plodding on to win the Race,Didn't quicken one bit,Therefore it's impossible to say Twigline wouldn't have won.

No one can say for sure that she would have won,But i think she'd have went close had she stayed on her feet.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 7:18 PM GMT
Twigline being matched at 1.42 would suggest that my reading of the race was wrong so accept that Premier Fantasy is entitled to chalk this down as a victory.
Mind you if I were an in running layer I would have been laying at 6/4 as I thought she would be in a buckle for second as well.
Report richters February 15, 2013 7:19 PM GMT
paul townend any day of the week imo.......
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 15, 2013 7:21 PM GMT
It's not a victory for me, you're entitled to your view as everyone is and that is what the game is about. I did not like hard to credit anyone thinking that would have been in a scrap for second. that comment though. She may have won, she may not have won i don't know, i would not have been backed her at 2s on or shorter in running either as i didn't think it was that clear cut but she had her chance.
Report lapsy pa February 15, 2013 7:26 PM GMT
Agree with that,no way i,d have backed her at 1.42(suppose easy in hindsight) either,seemed at that price more in promise than what was happening as she still had to pass.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 7:30 PM GMT
Even when you are right you are angry,I would hate to meet you in Shelbourne if you were on a losing run,still I hope those runs are few and far between.
Report kavvie February 15, 2013 7:30 PM GMT
lots of overreactions in ir betting.for what its worth i think it would have won but i wouldnt argue about it
Report dj876 February 15, 2013 7:33 PM GMT
Richters,Townend look a soft enough fall of Arvika Legionnaire.Mullins was apparently raging but I believe he is better from the front on a stayer than Ruby(Ref.Champagne Fever).Imo Ruby is masterful riding stop/start or setting a false pace, from the front but you very rarely, see Ruby win on a grinder from the front.

There is friction between Townend and Mullins,could be an interesting summer regarding stable jockeys/retainers.
Report workrider February 15, 2013 7:35 PM GMT
wildmanfromborneo , he's  one of the nicest you could meet is premier ....
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 15, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
Wildman i am not angry, no idea why you keep saying so. Stop trying to play profiler with me, if you want to meet me and find out what i'm like come to Shelbourne any Saturday night, i'll be there.

As for when i'm on a losing run i am the same as when i'm on a winning run, if you get too emotional about betting and your mood changes over it you should not be doing it.
Report dj876 February 15, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
I know Townend, is more a quiet rider and often stalks, on hold up horses but was very impressed with his ride on Champagne fever.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 7:41 PM GMT
I accept Workrides comments on you and genuinely hope you keep doing well at the dogs,you seem to put the work in so deserve it.

Townend is a great rider but whatever he does he shouldn't fall out with Willie Mullins,he is riding some great horses and is heir apparent,he should realise that most jockeys would kill for his job.
Report richters February 15, 2013 7:42 PM GMT
wd with the lay wildman,for what its worth i backed the mare and thought she would of won but here ruby could of fell off her after the last again........ye dj wudnt be surprised if townend went to engerland......he has the potential to make it big....
Report dj876 February 15, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
Wildman ,I thought you gave up hitting the Pink Button??
There is no job in England better than the one he has.I'd say he has already made it tbf.

Mullins is notoriously difficult to work for in contrast to what you hear from public sound bytes.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 15, 2013 7:51 PM GMT
Like a drug addict keep returning to it but only now and again,I placed laid her as well but think that market is generally for the lads in the know.
Report Tolmi February 15, 2013 8:31 PM GMT
I laid her as well.In real time I thought she was the most likely winner but having looked at it a couple of times I think it 50/50 whether she won or not.The winner didn't exactly storm up the run in but Twigline taking off too early at the last might have given the impression that she had closed more than she did...if that makes sense!!
Report CheltenhamRoar March 10, 2013 2:38 PM GMT
Wins today Wink
Report lapsy pa March 10, 2013 2:40 PM GMT
N/R CR
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com