Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
30 Jan 13 10:42
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
She makes her debut in a Punchestown mares bumper where she beats her better fancied stable companion Tasitiocht easily,she is nibbled in the market.
Wins her winners bumper in Sligo of all places and back in her own age group,backed into 4/9
Wins her third bumper in a canter in Tipperary again heavily backed into 8/11
Makes her hurdling debut at Punchestown,word goes out she is not fully fit,the race looks a match between her and Minsk,all the Mullins punters back Minsk from 4/5 to 4/9 and duly collect.
She next goes to Clonmel for her maiden hurdle,now fully fit she is backed by brave men for huge sums from 1/3 to 1/8 ridden by Patrick Mullins who is now in pursuit of this record they never have an anxious moment.
Her next race is the infamous Leopardstown Grade three hurdle worth 26 grand,Patrick Mullins can't do the weight so she is ridden by Ruby Walsh he rides Zuzka.
The pursuit of Parkinson's record is now getting to them and there is an element of panic,they have already unsuccessfully tried to jock off someone in Limerick for Patrick to ride,request was turned down.Arrangements have been made for a helicopter to be hired to ferry Patrick from Tramore to Punchestown in order to ride in a maiden hurdle at Tramore and the bumper in Punchestown.Willie Mullins as he has done before feels he needs to deflect some pressure from Patrick as he feels it is getting to him.He makes sure that Glens Melody will have a watching brief only and will only go if Zuzka is already beaten,he knows that if he were to let the usual suspects know this there would be a plunge of all plunges on Zuzka and an unholy drift on Glens Melody this would come to the stewards notice,drastic measures are needed so he is first interviewed on TV where he intimates that Glens Melody is the better of the two,he tells his main punter to back Glens and then sends a number of texts telling some trusted friends to not only back Glens Melody but not to back Outlander in the bumper.
More races are lost at the start than at the finish so Glens Melody jumps off at the back and races wide and continues to race wide all goes perfect in the race,Zuzka travels well throughout the race and has it won turning in,now Glens Melody gets the hurry up in the hope of getting second place she just fails.
Everyone watching the race gets the distinct whiff of a large rodent but the market suggested otherwise as all the late money is for Glens Melody and as quickly reported it was the right money,the stewards who don't want to ruin a great occasion have their excuse.
The record is now secure but presumably in the euphoria of the moment Willie forget to give the correct word on Outlander the result a massive drift much to the chagrin of the bigger punters.
Pause Switch to Standard View Glens Melody The Sequence Of Events
Show More
Report Ozymandius January 30, 2013 11:19 PM GMT
Have a look at how everyone else on this thread constructs their posts and see if you can spot a difference with yours??

Honestly, its like dealing with a Healy Rae Laugh
Report silvergreaser January 30, 2013 11:23 PM GMT
Ozy your posts are obviously blind, because to agree with wildman would of course be heresy, listen to some of the other posts, its pretty obvious the wonderful Mullins family were taking the piss, and you don't have to get down on a bended knee to wildman to admit that fact??
Report wildmanfromborneo January 30, 2013 11:26 PM GMT
Tis only you and Rocketfingers have had difficulties with it but then lengthy posts without diagrams are a problem for ye.
Report Ozymandius January 30, 2013 11:27 PM GMT
The immortal word of Robo, coined a coupe of years ago are always worth recalling;

I have witnessed you (Borneo) making all kind of dangerous statements about a whole variety of different people,some statements which I know for certain are not true,others which may or may not be true but could never possibly be proved.You rattle hearsay and rumour out as fact which is not right and you do so with authority.Thankfully it looks like nobody took you seriously
Report Ozymandius January 30, 2013 11:28 PM GMT
Goodnight gentlemen, I am turning in for the night.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 30, 2013 11:37 PM GMT
That post of Robos was about Solwhits victory in a handicap hurdle at FAiryhouse,I relayed the facts on here there was the usual threats of litigation,Robo was connected to a big punter and layer and he was defending him,I was never sued.
The same happened with regards Lanturn and Silvergreaser dug up the relevant articles again no one sued and many punters from that time came back on and confirmed that what I said was true.
Report silvergreaser January 30, 2013 11:41 PM GMT
Dangerous statements????

The game is effing stinking, strokes been pulled every few seconds, but if only the horse could talk and the media grew a pair?
Report Rocketfingers January 30, 2013 11:45 PM GMT
I'm sorry but anybody who takes wildman seriously is mad, all i'm seeing here is punters speaking through their pockets.
Report lustrumm January 31, 2013 12:17 AM GMT
FWIW I agree with Wildman on this occasion.
Report silvergreaser January 31, 2013 2:52 AM GMT
The problem is ozy the authorities never take anything serious, hence why they'll continue to take the proverbial p!ss, why wouldn't they, its their world after all?, the punter, you know the guy that gives them a living is pretty worthless in their eyes yet, no punter no owner, no owner no trainer, no trainer no jockey, no owner no breeder, no punter no racing fact!.

Why is the betting public treated so shabbily?, makes not one iota of sense to me?
Report Santry January 31, 2013 7:47 AM GMT
I thought based on the run v Jetzski Zuzka would win at Christmas and the fact that Patrick Mullins was on board going for the record reinforced this. The race on Sunday involved a 15 Length turnaround with Glens Melody on 5 pound worse terms. Glens Melody was ridden differently but Zuzka was never travelling at any stage and Ruby Walsh gave her a very hard race to finish third. I know horses are not machines especially mares but what I find hard to accept is that Mullins was not even asked for an explanation by the people policing the game . The public deserve better.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 31, 2013 8:14 AM GMT
There was no suspicious betting patterns which is why Willie Mullins put his men on a non jigger.
The criticism of the opening post is justified as I have to agree it is hard on the eyes,so apologies.
Report workrider January 31, 2013 11:44 AM GMT
i'm amazed robo has been brought into this .....the same guy who if i remember correctly also was uni educated , last heard of ,been sedated on a daily basis , due no doubt to his highly emotive show of absolute insanity , his complete breakdown that was obvious to all who witnessed it , poor lad...i wish him a speedy recovery ..i'm beginning to wonder is he somehow related to a poster on this thread if you get my meaning....
Report Ozymandius January 31, 2013 11:59 AM GMT
Did you run into him during your break in the asylum, workrider?

I am glad to see you have finally seen the light, Borneo, on your presentation.  A most gracious concession, thank you.
Report workrider January 31, 2013 12:02 PM GMT
just as i thought , hello robo.....Laugh
Report Tolmi January 31, 2013 3:06 PM GMT
Leaving aside much of what has been written here the simple fact is that Zuzka has twice posted a RPR of 140+ whereas Glens Melody has never returned a RPR exceeding 130.These ratings while not infallible are the closest thing to an indicator as to the relative merits of the two mares.Any statement regarding Glens Melody being a superior mare merely conjecture and is not based in fact.It may well be that in future Glens Melody improves to record a RPR rating in excess of what Zuzka has but until that happens it is not possible to state that Glens Melody is better.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 31, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
Ozymandius 30 Jan 13 21:29
If someone wishes to re-format the shambolically presented opening post, I would consider reading it. Otherwise, nah.

Glens Melody The Sequence Of Events

She makes her debut in a Punchestown mares bumper where she beats her better fancied stable companion Tasitiocht easily, she is nibbled in the market. She wins her winners bumper in Sligo of all places and back in her own age group, backed into 4/9 then wins her third bumper in a canter in Tipperary again heavily backed into 8/11.

She makes her hurdling debut at Punchestown, word goes out she is not fully fit, the race looks a match between her and
Minsk, all the Mullins punters back Minsk from 4/5 to 4/9 and duly collect.

She next goes to Clonmel for her maiden hurdle, now fully fit she is backed by brave men for huge sums from 1/3 to 1/8 ridden by Patrick Mullins who is now in pursuit of this record they never have an anxious moment.
Her next race is the infamous Leopardstown Grade three hurdle worth 26 grand, Patrick Mullins can't do the weight so she is ridden by Ruby Walsh, he rides Zuzka.

The pursuit of Parkinson's record is now getting to them and there is an element of panic, they have already unsuccessfully tried to jock off someone in Limerick for Patrick to ride, request was turned down.
Arrangements have been made for a helicopter to be hired to ferry Patrick from Tramore to Punchestown in order to ride in a maiden hurdle at Tramore and the bumper in Punchestown.

Willie Mullins as he has done before feels he needs to deflect some pressure from Patrick as he feels it is getting to him.
He makes sure that Glens Melody will have a watching brief only and will only go if Zuzka is already beaten, he knows that if he were to let the usual suspects know this there would be a plunge of all plunges on Zuzka and an unholy drift on Glens Melody this would come to the stewards notice.

Drastic measures are needed so he is first interviewed on TV where he intimates that Glens Melody is the better of the two, he tells his main punter to back Glens and then sends a number of texts telling some trusted friends to not only back Glens Melody but not to back Outlander in the bumper.

More races are lost at the start than at the finish so Glens Melody jumps off at the back and races wide and continues to race wide all goes perfect in the race, Zuzka travels well throughout the race and has it won turning in.
Now Glens Melody gets the hurry up in the hope of getting second place she just fails.

Everyone watching the race gets the distinct whiff of a large rodent but the market suggested otherwise as all the late money is for Glens Melody and as quickly reported it was the right money.
The stewards who don't want to ruin a great occasion have their excuse.

The record is now secure but presumably in the euphoria of the moment Willie forget to give the correct word on Outlander the result a massive drift much to the chagrin of the bigger punters.

(© wildmanfromborneo)
Report yummy January 31, 2013 8:33 PM GMT
Why didn't he say that in the first place?
Report KittyWells January 31, 2013 9:34 PM GMT
This business of blaming the authorities for not policing racing is not the way to go.  Most of the betting problems described on here is done secretly and without the knowledge of the authorities.  Omerta is the code .............. just like the mafia...........you dsre not speak out of turn
Report Ozymandius January 31, 2013 9:37 PM GMT
Thank you, Catch me, beautifully presented!  I look forward to seeing similar from Borneo going forward.
Report workrider January 31, 2013 10:05 PM GMT
i bet you don't have a mobile phone either ozy...how would you understand text speak ....Laugh
Report richters January 31, 2013 10:06 PM GMT
ozy where you ever in a turkish prison camp?
Report workrider January 31, 2013 10:12 PM GMT
Laugh
Report lapsy pa January 31, 2013 10:15 PM GMT
Yummy you have a good sense of humourGrin
I,m waiting with bated breath on Ozy,s synopsis myself given the trouble that people have went to in order to satisfy his rigid grammatical criteria.
Report yummy January 31, 2013 10:19 PM GMT
He is not going to like your commas.
Report lapsy pa January 31, 2013 10:21 PM GMT
Laugh I got de paragraph right.
Report Ozymandius January 31, 2013 10:23 PM GMT
I am not a grammatical or spelling facist...I just want to be able to read quickly.

Especially when it is a rehash of assorted conspiracy theories we have already heard and already debated ad nauseum.
Report Ozymandius January 31, 2013 10:25 PM GMT
ffs...Lapsy...it is 'the' not 'de'...we have been given the great gift of the Queen's English as our native tongue, let us not debase it.
Report Ozymandius January 31, 2013 10:27 PM GMT
text speak is a peverse abomination, workrider, shirley we agree upon that?
Report lapsy pa January 31, 2013 10:28 PM GMT
Sin a bhfuil agam.
Report richters January 31, 2013 10:28 PM GMT
phuck away aff ozy u and ur queen........lol.....
Report Ozymandius January 31, 2013 10:30 PM GMT
I thought that might flush you out, richters Wink
Report workrider February 1, 2013 11:05 AM GMT
wa da ya mean ozy....Confused
Report wildmanfromborneo February 1, 2013 11:29 AM GMT
The difference between Catch Me ifyoucans post and my opening post is quite remarkable,so many thanks.
I put up some lengthy historical posts in the past and can see the difference a gap can make now but don't worry I will be leaving them alone in their glory.
Report STELLAR MANIPULATOR February 1, 2013 4:43 PM GMT
Just reviewed the Christmas video in relation to Zuzka/Glens Melody who were both held up. GM was generally 3l behind Z and never more than 5L and when the race started to hot up GM was only 2L behind Z before jumping the 2nd last untidily, losing ground behind the cantering Z before labouring up the straight just failing ( Binocular style) to get 2nd behind the easy winner Zukza. No basis for a conspiracy theory on my reading of the race. And thanks to WMFB for mentioning Lanturn, stood to win the mother of all placepots dividends before my cruising banker pulled up - still not the better for it and right up there with my top 'ones that got away ' !
Report Allduckornodinner February 3, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
Regardless of what happened a month later I am resolute in my assertion that Glens Melody wasn't good enough on the day to win the Christmas race as her jumping wasn't sharp enough. I would go as far as to say Zuzka win at Christmas is worthy of a mark at least as the one Glens Melody posted last week. However GM obviously has much more scope for improvement given her level of experience and one would always have expected her to improve with racing.
Report punchestown February 3, 2013 9:08 PM GMT
Allduck,Ruby was holding a watching brief in the aforementioned race (Leop) and was plain for all to see,can't believe you think/thought otherwise,can never see it finishing ahead of G M again.
Report silvergreaser February 3, 2013 9:38 PM GMT
punchestown, duck is one of those who will always look for a reason other than they stop horses don't they?, its horse racing for heavens sake of course they stop horses.
Report Allduckornodinner February 3, 2013 10:52 PM GMT
Punchestown i've already said on another thread that GM wasn't going to go for it as long as Zuzka was in front. However, equally I don't think she would have been good enough to beat the winner on the day the way she had jumped thus far over hurdles. It was only the last day that she put in a proper round of jumping.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 4, 2013 12:57 PM GMT
It is not a slur on someone's race reading ability to disagree and whilst I would accept that Allduckornodinner knows his racing his last post is a real each way bet,he is having it both ways as he now seems to be accepting that Ruby was holding a watching brief but wouldn't have won anyway,that shouldn't matter the holding a watching brief was fairly obvious and was worthy of a question from the stewards.
Nothing would have come of the hypothetical question as they had all their bases covered by the late punt on Glens Melody,in some ways you have got to hand it to them.
Report Ozymandius February 4, 2013 2:29 PM GMT
speaking of each way bets, why compliment several people, say that they know their racing, but always maintain that you know better?
Report wildmanfromborneo February 4, 2013 3:03 PM GMT
To disagree with someone is not saying that you know better its just giving a viewpoint.
I remember watching a race at the Curragh some years back with some friends and we came off the stand with three different views on the race,two of us were wrong but that is the nature of racing.
You take it as a personal insult if someone disagrees with you,I don't indeed I like the discussions that follow.It also annoys you and your circle that I can disagree yet admire some forumites here,the same goes for me outside of here there are many friends who I would disagree with politically but still respect.
Report Ozymandius February 4, 2013 3:17 PM GMT
oh right, and there was me thinking you were sycophantically trying to curry favour in your inimitable style.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 4, 2013 4:52 PM GMT
There is something seriously wrong with you,you create no threads other than the ten or so you created about me,childish smut mixed with fantasy is your trademark you lurk here every day creating alliances with like minded posters( Rocketfingers and the Double O) and you have this morbid fear of non aggressive posts.
Report never give up February 4, 2013 5:12 PM GMT
get over urself with ur obsessive pet names again wildbore/dark rosaleen........such a sad life that u cant go a day without mentioning me
Report wildmanfromborneo February 4, 2013 5:25 PM GMT
You are funny you complain about what you call obsessive pet names and then follow it with two of your own and you have form in this regard in that you and the third member of the Unholy Trinity refer to yourselves in the third person and call yourselves Batman and Robin.
Ye also share another common trait in that you also create numerous threads about me ones that I am not on and complain that I am stalking you,it's obvious you don't understand irony.
Report never give up February 4, 2013 5:30 PM GMT
you mention my name everyday,itd usually on ur verp ist post....why?

dark rosaleen is not a pet name,its ur previous user name on here as everyone knows
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 6:57 PM GMT
That Glens Melody isint half improving.
Every time she runs she proves Willie Mullins right,she is the best mare in his yard which incidentally is what he told RTE and his big punters at Christmas,its also what Richters said from the start.
Report richters February 23, 2013 7:00 PM GMT
tavelled very very well today wmfb......the doubters will beg to differ......holds an entry for the neptune.....cant see her goin there myself......
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 7:07 PM GMT
Wildman was the wonderfully honest Willie trying yet again to send punters into a spin by suggesting?

"We have two in the 2m 4f mares novice hurdle. There is only 1lb between them on official ratings and Patrick will probably put up a couple of pounds overweight on Tasitiocht. However, she is doing good work at home and it won’t be a surprise if she finishes in front of Glens Melody (Paul) today"
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 7:14 PM GMT
When it comes to writing about his horses Willie Mullins is the most duplicitous of all.
I have no problem with a trainer not telling people about their horses but when they are paid by a paper and then write downright lies that's when I object,again today the usual anodyne rubbish but the one relevant fact is retained for himself and his layers.
Marasonnien is Cops And Robbers like in the wind department but naturally not a word.
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 7:15 PM GMT
The mere mention of the name "Paddy Mullins" use to send my Grandfather into anaphylactic shock, he had an allergic reaction everytime you mentioned the guys name, effing gangster, screw his own mother etc etc.

I don't think he ever had a bet on Irish as long as I was putting bets on for him, he's long dead now but goes to show the almost paranoid suspicion many Irish punters had/have on Irish racing and its protaganists.

Willie a chip off the old block, almost pre programmed to put you away, or at least have a negative vibe in nearly every sentence.
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 7:24 PM GMT
Maybe the negative vibes from trainers have turned a few away from gambling.....some of the people and families you told us about before might get a proper meal now instead of betting on non triers.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 7:27 PM GMT
Paddy Mullins was a great trainer but he perfected the art of minimising a horses chance by having it ridden from the front,just go off too fast.
He also liked a little tickle generally at big prices.

Johnny Roe rode a three year old maiden for him at the Curragh one day,Paddy told him not today,the horse finished fourth,Roe came in saying " what are you doing to me Paddy that is one serious maiden you must let me ride him next time out "
A couple of weeks later Paddy books Roe for a maiden in Gowran,Johnny Roe tells all his punters about this certainty so they all travel down to Gowran and punt the living daylights out of it.
The race goes to plan horse travels like a dream hits the front at the furlong pole but much to Roes amazement a horse flies by him and beats him into second,Roe perplexed and disappointed rides into the parade ring to find Paddy Mullins with the winner,he later discovers it was backed from 33/1 into 12/1.
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 7:29 PM GMT
Nasty gant very nasty, regardless of a difference of opinion I did think you were immune to most juvenile retorts, it seems I was wrong?.
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 7:37 PM GMT
You were the one who told us the story about families going hungry due to non triers........gambling is a dangerous disease.
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 7:42 PM GMT
First off I thought you were pointing the finger at me, apoligies.
I gamble and I drink but never has either effected my family, she gets her money I keep my own few quid and everybody is happy.

So you mean problem gamblers then?, but even they deserve some sympathy, some horse stopped by x trainer might just mean a family going without.
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 7:45 PM GMT
Another argument gant, where would racing be if people couldn't gamble on the product?.

Back to the days of the lords and dukes eh?
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
I am sorry but if a family goes without due to a horse being stopped/blocked in /falls the person placing the bet is better off away from that family.
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 7:56 PM GMT
I'm not going to get into the moral ins and outs, gambling is an addiction, just like many other addictions, be it chocolate etc?.

You didn't seem to answer my point, that these people in racing who have made a pretty decent living (some stinking rich) are only doing so becasue of a human weakness called gambling, remove gambling from the equation and they'll be nobodies once again in an instant, just like the so called dregs of society that prop up the betting shops?.
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 8:01 PM GMT
I don't know anyone who has made money out of gambling so I am unable to answer the question. Bar the big bookmaking chains.
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 8:44 PM GMT
There's a winner in every race, but yet when you back a horse you're usually going in blind, you hope the trainer has him off today, if it doesn't win and finishes 3rd or 4th but ran a good race you can except that, the horse was off but wasn't good enough, but when a horse who has an outstanding chance on the book runs like a drain and tails off for no apparent reason only that the trainer never had it out of its box for a month (information the public is never privy to), its your tough sh!t, you lost your money sunshine and how dare you moan about it?.
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
Until it goes like the premiership and all managers/trainers have to have a weekly press conference, we will always be a bit in the dark.
As my grandfather used to say.......put good money on good horses in good races.
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 9:18 PM GMT
I'm not a hot shot backer gant, but you'd be forgiven for thinking that "Thousand Stars" had found an ideal opportunity at Navan in the Boyne hurdle, surely a penalty kick?, not only was the horse totally stuffed finishing last of 6 for no apparent reason, but to rub salt in the wound a stable companion having a pop around hurdles before his tilt at the National actually wins the race?.

It was blatantly obvious that TS was not off a yard, and not as much as a whimper from the gravy trainers, oh how they're well aware that they've not only got the regulators by the bollix but the media also.

Who's next for a racing personality autobiography?, to really kill any objective view the media might afford the betting public?.
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 9:29 PM GMT
To be honest I couldn't care less about so called racing personalities.......any lads I kn
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 9:33 PM GMT
silver theres no logic in what u say.they are not machines.there was no unusual betting patterns.the rag wasnt backed.ts started at the price he should have.it just ran like a drain..im not saying the outfit are squeaky clean but your using a wrong example..
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 9:42 PM GMT
What really bugs me Gant, in many racing jurisdictions the players play by the rules particulary in the far east and nobody complains, because if they step out of line hell to pay!.

In Irish racing there are rules written on paper alright but not worth the paper its written on, all hot air. Every trainer owner and jockey can play by their own rules without any real concern of ever falling foul of those rules that have as much clout as a feather duster.

Fear" is the operative word here, they have no fear, they know can do what ever the hell they like.
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 9:44 PM GMT
Kavvie 1/2fav finishes last of 6 beaten 40L's, now that to me needs some explaining?
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
Kavvie, why was he 1/2 fav?, maybe because the horse had by far the best form in the book, but I can always live by that old chestnut "They're not machines" machines when the trainer feels like it!.

A 1/2 fav should not be beaten like that, and to have a media so subservient really makes this game a chore sometimes!.
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 9:51 PM GMT
there must have been a reason ..maybe he had a virus?injured?scoped badly?no reason to stop him.hes not a handicapper
Report silvergreaser February 23, 2013 9:55 PM GMT
No kavvie that is the problem, too easy to except every tom dick harry excuse the trainer will offer, when sometimes its just staring you in the face, the trainer had no intention whatsoever of winning the race!.

Oh was that a stable companion who already had his national weight in the bag that won the race?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 9, 2013 6:32 PM GMT
Willie Mullins as he has done before feels he needs to deflect some pressure from Patrick as he feels it is getting to him.
He makes sure that Glens Melody will have a watching brief only and will only go if Zuzka is already beaten, he knows that if he were to let the usual suspects know this [i]there would be a plunge of all plunges on Zuzka
and an unholy drift on Glens Melody this would come to the stewards notice.

Drastic measures are needed so he is first interviewed on TV where he intimates that Glens Melody is the better of the two, he tells his main punter to back Glens and then sends a number of texts telling some trusted friends to not only back Glens Melody but not to back Outlander in the bumper.

More races are lost at the start than at the finish so Glens Melody jumps off at the back and races wide and continues to race wide all goes perfect in the race, Zuzka travels well throughout the race and has it won turning in.
Now Glens Melody gets the hurry up in the hope of getting second place she just fails.[/i]

PRESUME the plunge is ON tomorrow at 2.10 in Naas Devil
Report guru m March 9, 2013 7:10 PM GMT
Who is Willie's main punter referred to in original post?
Report guru m March 9, 2013 7:10 PM GMT
Who is Willie's main punter referred to in original post?
Report wildmanfromborneo March 31, 2013 7:39 PM BST
Glens Melody showed today she is a far better mare than Zuzka and also proved that she wasn't let run on her merits at Christmas.

Willie Mullins is a brilliant trainer but he trains the horses for himself and a small owner like Fiona McStay is always given the run around,this mare is a champion and running her as second string is against her interests,she has been badly placed.Rich Ricci is the money man in that stable and things are run for his benefit.Annie Power is an exceptional mare and has a career on the flat ahead of her but her hurdling is that good she would have no problems beating colts and geldings.

Glens Melody has been blackguarded all season and she had an unnecessary hard race today,first by David Casey stupidly persisting with the inside causing her to get two hefty bumps,secondly by her having to chase a champion like Annie Power and the two mistakes at the last two flights didnt help.

Normally you would take the mare home but in this instance Fiona McStay needs to demand some say into where Glens Melody runs as the horse would deteriorate if trained by anyone else.
Report Rocketfingers March 31, 2013 7:52 PM BST
Well beaten 2nd on the day with missunited and Zuska running no sort of race, salt, of and pinch are words that spring to mind wildmanfromborneo.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 31, 2013 7:56 PM BST
You are consistent,are you incapable of following any thread.Get someone to explain my last post to you.
Report GANT007 March 31, 2013 7:58 PM BST
All about blacktype and an experienced breeder like Fiona McStay knows the game well. Good pot today and a colt foal worth an extra 20k for that 2nd today.
Report Rocketfingers March 31, 2013 8:04 PM BST
Thanks gant, pretty summed up what i was saying to him about 3 pages ago.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 31, 2013 8:05 PM BST
This mare should be unbeaten and already has black type,she will have no problem getting more.

Annie Power should have been taking on the colts leaving that mares race to Glens Melody,also for me Annie Power is a potential St Leger winner and should be trained for a more lucrative and less dangerous flat campaign.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 31, 2013 8:07 PM BST
Rocketfingers this thread is not for you,you can't remember what you posted five minutes ago never mind three pages ago but if you like to bring it back we can all laugh together.
Report Rocketfingers March 31, 2013 8:16 PM BST
So you're saying a top owner breeder has no say over her horse, i believe you said this was the best mare Mullins had it training a few pages ago, well that's clearly false, now that's a laugh right up with your Joseph O'Brien has no chance of being champion jockey in 2012.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 31, 2013 8:23 PM BST
Glens Melody was the best mare in his stable at that time,it is clear now that Annie Power has passed her out,you had no opinion on the matter then and are just engaging in your usual after timing now.

I will state it again for you Willie Mullins trains the horses as if they are his own,this is the downside of having horses in the best National Hunt yard in Ireland.
Report Rocketfingers March 31, 2013 8:35 PM BST
Don't be so daft she smashed a 125 rated horse in feb by 6.5l and could have by half the track. Don't talk silly Wildman saying that with Quevega lurking in the Mullins yard.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 31, 2013 8:44 PM BST
You are not following again.
It was in the context of novices I said she was the best,Annie Power hadn't jumped a hurdle then.
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 10:41 PM BST
Interesting viewpoint in regards a flat campaign, i think you re right Wildman and think a group race could well be in her grasp as well. Didn,t Mullins run a hurdler that won in Mallow last year in a few group races can,t remember his name but think he won a big handicap at Royal Ascot beforehand and then running creditably against the best stayers.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 31, 2013 11:08 PM BST
That was Simenon,he has been disappointing over hurdles but his Ascot win was over two and a half miles.

Annie Power has for me the speed to win over a mile six and is a far better hurdler.
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 11:32 PM BST
Thats the one(simenon) Annie power is starting to look awesome(replaced tarla with me with the girls) don,t know what he will do with her,she is only 5 surely common sense would be as you say the flat route.
Report silvergreaser April 1, 2013 4:00 AM BST
Wildman is dead right on this one Zuzka wouldn't hold a candle to Glens Melody, oops but greatest trainer decided today was not the day or that day?, and the media will of course never for the world of them build up the courage because they're gutless, stress the word "GUTLESS"

Never ever ask a question, why bother?, because it would be far too much bother!!
Report Santry April 1, 2013 9:54 AM BST
There is no mayor mystery here . Glens Melody has improved through the season .Zuzka has regressed since December and Annie Power is different class to both. From an owners point of view WPM has won graded races with all three. Ist and 2nd in the only mares Grade 1 in Ireland. Looks to me like the trainer is doing a top class job.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 1, 2013 10:04 AM BST
Glens Melody is top class yet she has been second string in four of her races.

Willie Mullins trains horses as if he owns them,runs them where he wants and Ricci and Wylie horses get preference,Ricci because of his vast wealth but he can be awkward,Wylie because he is an unbelievable dropper.Willie can do this because of his brilliance.
Report silvergreaser April 1, 2013 10:23 AM BST
"Brilliance" a little strong wildman when you take into account the talent at his disposal don't you think?.

Would many other trainers be any less successful if they had Willies superstars?, fine some might argue he must have been doing something right in the first place to have amassed such filthy rich owners, but then you can counter argue and say, a rich background followed by a very successful horse "Florida Pearl" and the art of good diplomacy has shot Willie to the top of the tree not because he trains horses any different than anybody else.

Santry, we all know the day Zuzka beat Glens Melody was a set up, anybody that counter argues is either naive or an apologist who will always dig himself a crater to find another reason rather than the blatantly obvious.
Report GANT007 April 1, 2013 1:45 PM BST
You got to work hard with the stock you have, this in turn will attract the big ownwers.

I know a trainer who trained cheltenham winners, the man is almost 70 now and himself and his wife will always tell you the biggest regret they have is not working harder to bring in big owners.
In the late 70's he told me he was introduced to a man at cheltenham who was interested in having a mixed string of horses in Ireland, he was invited to a do in London that evening but decided to go home to Ireland with his wife and winning horse.........the owner turned out to be a big fish.
Report Slabster April 1, 2013 2:50 PM BST
Even forgetting about Glens Melody's run behind Zuska at Leopardstown, it is clear she is not top class. High class yes, but top class? An emphatic 'No'. Whenever she has came up against a good'un (Minsk, Annie Power), she's been trounced. Annie Power is what you call 'top class'.
Report GANT007 April 1, 2013 3:02 PM BST
Forget about all conspiracy theories and personal cr*p......Yesterdays race was a grade 1......she is now grade 1 placed and got €18k for her efforts. The trainer bagged €76500 for his bill payers in that race.
Report KIMBLE April 27, 2013 4:35 PM BST
how do we explain this then?
Report kavvie April 27, 2013 4:52 PM BST
conspiracy theorys one crazy.they arnt machines.
Report Kingdom Of Naples April 27, 2013 4:56 PM BST
Glens Melody is a right good mare, the way she travels and quicks when fit is a joy to watch.  Ballybrit ?
Report Kingdom Of Naples April 27, 2013 4:56 PM BST
Glens Melody is a right good mare, the way she travels and quicks when fit is a joy to watch.  Ballybrit ?
Report workrider April 27, 2013 5:55 PM BST
Once again wildmanfromborneo is vindicated ....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com