Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
05 Jan 13 19:56
| Topic/replies: 31,727 | Blogger: workrider's blog
can we hope they let mount benbulben go off in front tomorrow ..a little on the short side for this fellow , i really think with his customary jumping error sure to happen he'd be much better off out on his own making all , just like he did at tinahealy ....barry just might read this and heed it...if he jumps off in front , go to the front of the queue and get paid....

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 80
By:
koikeeper
When: 05 Jan 13 20:07
Actually think Marito is the proverbial...jumped well on its debut & the one that will be suited best to the 2m with ground no problem,

MOUNT BENBULBEN & JENARI need farther, & with both, the jumping leaves a lot to be desired....neither of them are naturals...just cant see then having the pace to trouble Marito & can see them readily outpaced at the business end...if they are still on their feet.
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 05 Jan 13 20:49
I think Mount Benbulben has jumped progressively worse with each run over fences. I couldn't touch him with his recent record. Mullins horse in the first didn't look no great shakes in Gowran but looks like he'll draw all the same. Interesting card but like Thurles the favs aren't bomproof in the main for me.

We could be in for a quality winner in the bumper by all accounts.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 Jan 13 21:02
Is it the Tiger Hill gelding?
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 05 Jan 13 21:44
Yeah
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 06 Jan 13 10:37
Upazo looks a lay in the first today,he looked terribly one paced at Gowran and the form was let down by the winner in Limerick.
By:
workrider
When: 06 Jan 13 10:40
hes very short indeed ..maybe this could be one for the boys ...i'm going but shall leave this race alone....
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 06 Jan 13 10:47
He is owned by Sidney as well as Alberts son.
By:
workrider
When: 06 Jan 13 10:48
enough said...could be a sting in the tail ....
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 06 Jan 13 11:09
Wonks & wildman is this theory of yours been tested today? Just asking before you clog up the forum with more aftertiming !
By:
norn iron
When: 06 Jan 13 11:53
SEE COUPLE OF MERVYN TORRENS HORSES RUNNING FOR DIFFERENT TRAINORS 205 BEG CHASE NAAS  QUARTETTO /HUGHIES GREY  ULSTER HARP NATIONAL WINNER  ANYONE NO WHY  ? AS TORRENS HAD MORE THAN HIS SHARE BAD LUCK  THANKS IN ADVANCE

DRUMGOOLAND EW

JENARI EW

MINSK IS VALUE @7/1 EW (ID SEND CHAM NATIVE CHASING IF WAS MINE HE COULD BE GOLD CUP HORSE IN 2 YR)

CHESTNUT CHARLIE EW (10LTS BEHIND CALL THE POLICE GIVES HIM SQUEAK)
By:
tony57
When: 06 Jan 13 12:31
welds in the bumper my only bet here..but 1.55 plumpton vencermos...should go close
By:
punchestown
When: 06 Jan 13 12:42
wd wildman and Upazo layers.
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 06 Jan 13 12:43
Great call, wildman, thanks...........
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 06 Jan 13 13:13
mount benbulben clearly the best horse in the race..maybe best to keep him to hurdles for the moment.
By:
punchestown
When: 06 Jan 13 13:13
Great run by Mount Benbulben,looked like he was going to get up Sad
By:
koikeeper
When: 06 Jan 13 13:18
frankalsoran60 06 Jan 13 13:13
mount benbulben clearly the best horse in the race..maybe best to keep him to hurdles for the moment.

not over 2m!
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 06 Jan 13 13:31
A tiny bet on King of Ardcarne ew in the 3:05 at Naas at a fancy price.
By:
richters
When: 06 Jan 13 13:33
a 24 hr shift on here 4 u rocket.....u must of been up all night watching your losing nfl selections and drinking plenty of coffee.......
By:
one last chance
When: 06 Jan 13 13:34
Champagne  and weld double
By:
one last chance
When: 06 Jan 13 13:42
That didn't go to plan Cry
By:
punchestown
When: 06 Jan 13 13:43
Champagne too bad to be true.
By:
MayoMan
When: 06 Jan 13 13:47
Ruby caught up in a speed duel in the Naas mud - I thought that only happend to apprentices and American Jockeys
By:
FOOTIEFACTS
When: 06 Jan 13 13:51
I think Lead Kindly Light will run well in the next
By:
punchestown
When: 06 Jan 13 14:11
I think Lead Kindly Light will run well in the next

Did run well,thought it had a great chance turning in.
By:
lustrumm
When: 06 Jan 13 14:45
Not Barry G's finest moment in the saddle, a lot to ask a mare to find 4 lengths after the last in any race
By:
punchestown
When: 06 Jan 13 14:55
Got a bit baulked turning in when things tightened up,unlucky but you would have expected it to pick up the other horse after the last.
By:
never give up
When: 06 Jan 13 15:19
The Irish Field ‏@TheIrishField
Champagne Fever was found to be suffering from a respiratory tract infection following his run in the Slaney Novice Hurdle
By:
punchestown
When: 06 Jan 13 15:51
1.01 backers of the hotpot in the last had a fright there Crazy
By:
Kriskin
When: 06 Jan 13 16:13
Gareth Malone was BRUTAL on the 2nd in the bumper.  Would have won with a jockey on board.
By:
kingrat
When: 06 Jan 13 17:35
i think its only right and proper that wr and tony are banned from putting up threads on the next days irish racing.if we were stupid enough to follow these pair of mug punters we will all end up in a caravan!Shocked
By:
workrider
When: 06 Jan 13 17:53
well lads i thought he'd got up from were i was standing , delighted to see the improvement in his jumping , i was speaking to someone close to the horse who told me they had done intensive schooling with him...it showed , still a little left to work on , he jumped a few to his right , if they can iron that out its all systems go....i'd say they were delighted with that performance.....
By:
punchestown
When: 06 Jan 13 18:06
Gareth Malone was BRUTAL on the 2nd in the bumper.  Would have won with a jockey on board.

---------------

Just noticed he lost his irons inside the distance so shortie backers dodged a bullet there.
By:
workrider
When: 06 Jan 13 18:10
i was standing not far from a punter who took the odds , boy was he a worried man near the finish....
By:
richters
When: 06 Jan 13 18:12
doing a lot of standing today w.r.....is their no seats at naas mate.....lol......
By:
workrider
When: 06 Jan 13 18:22
i always stand at naas richters ..one of the best tacks for watching racing , i must admit its hard going walking all the way to the parade ring then back down to what used to be the old stand all day....i'll need a good rest before my next outing....Grin
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 06 Jan 13 18:26
wildmanfromborneo
06 Jan 13 10:37
| Topic/replies: 8,661 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Upazo looks a lay in the first today,he looked terribly one paced at Gowran and the form was let down by the winner in Limerick.

I see you're a racing post reader Wildman, well tipped us as a lay today in it. Cool
By:
workrider
When: 06 Jan 13 18:30
coco , give the weatherman a call and give us all a laugh ...mind were you put that pin ..we dont want alice getting a little prick now do we....Laugh
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 06 Jan 13 18:35
Busy trading the NFL wonks, i don't have time to play. Get Wildman to read some more fo the RP to you, he's very good at it. Laugh
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 06 Jan 13 18:39
I hope you had a wry smile Workrider as you watched Mount Benbulben knowing everything and I mean everything you said about him turned out to be true.He obviously has been well schooled and it showed,thought he was ridden to jump round and would have beaten Marito if he was ridden into the last,I am not complaining as they were getting the horse to jump without putting it under pressure but he has some engine and ran a great race.
Champagne Fever was obviously sick so draw a line through that form.
Punchestown is right about Gareth Malone he was very poor on Totally Dominant,got the horse running and was taken to the outside by Exterminate but then he managed to get him to duck back under the whip,he followed this by going for a crazy gap up the inside,while bulldozing his way through there he lost his iron and just failed to get up.Grecian Tiger got tired in the dreadful ground and looked unimpressive but I feel he was in front too long and will be much better on better ground.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com