Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
erris1
20 Sep 12 22:30
| Topic/replies: 49 | Blogger: erris1's blog
two premium tickets just sold there on ebay for the game on sunday..2 upper hogan over 2 grand at the moment..desperation starting a bit early for some people!!
Show More
Report Bassanio September 20, 2012 10:45 PM BST
Corporate tickets.

Market will soften come 5:00 tomorrow.
Report erris1 September 20, 2012 10:47 PM BST
not corporate bass premium...level below the boxes..1010 for an upper hogan ticket is a bit ridiculous as well
Report moneypenny September 20, 2012 11:48 PM BST
and despite this madness you will still pick up tickets at face value Sunday morning
Report Rocketfingers September 21, 2012 12:39 AM BST
No way not for this one Moneypenny. Unless you actually no someone with a spare. Gant is making a mint of this, all these clubs down the country that have no interest with the game officials are cleaning up.
Report Bassanio September 21, 2012 12:55 AM BST
I don't mean they are corporate level.

I mean this is satisfying corporate demand.

As always this sector has to be filled by Friday evening. The price the tickets can command will fall after this.
Report Bassanio September 21, 2012 12:58 AM BST
There will still be a few tickets around James Gills, Ryans Hogan Stand and in the Gresham on Sunday. There always is and this will be no exception.
Report moneypenny September 21, 2012 1:14 AM BST
Your spot on bassiano
What usually happens in these situations is people who are desperate for a ticket have their fingers in several pots. Suddenly they have two or three all come through, usually on the Friday night/ Saturday morning. These people are delighted to get one ticket for themselves and most  are glad to help out someone else for no profit.

Also you must remember that with any event with 82000 people planning to attend a certain number wont be able to make it on the day due to personal circumstances, e.g illness,accidents, deaths, births or other crisis in their lives.
Report Bassanio September 21, 2012 1:19 AM BST
Same in Jurys on the morning moneypenny.

People arrange to meet and collect tickets. As you say a few sources come through even at the last moment resulting in a few going spare. Quite rightly they will share them out among their own supporters and rarely will you see someone ask for more than face value. It is one of the great things about All Ireland day.

"Twas always thus and always thus will be" - Keating
Report kavvie September 21, 2012 10:25 AM BST
im not sure there will be tickets floating sun morn.im going to finals 35 yrs and the only time i failed to get one sunday morn was the 92 dub/donegal final.for some reason every donegal man and woman decended on dublin that morning.with mayo there also id say tickets will be scarce right up to throw in..
Report Rocketfingers September 21, 2012 10:29 AM BST
I agree with you on this Kavvie i think this is a different type of demand the herring eaters will bring.
Report Kelly September 21, 2012 11:18 AM BST
Donegal got 14,000 tickets I believe .  Normally there is a second "allowance" after the initial allocation , know we here got an extra 4000 tickets in the nineties .  But apparently no extra this year , so tickets are like hens teeth in and around Donegal .

Time was when 7k was loose change in and around the afore mentioned Killybegs , had reputedly the highest percentage of millionaires per head of the population anywhere in the world at one heady time .  Hardly a boat running out of there now , mores the pity .
Report Rocketfingers September 21, 2012 11:26 AM BST
Still plenty of boats there Kelly plenty. One of my best friends is on one, does very well for himself. Fish prices have gone through up quite a fair bit recently.
Report Rocketfingers September 21, 2012 11:27 AM BST
14.5k tickets i believe they got, it's very small when you think about it. I believe small clubs around the country should not get them.
Report bobbybocala September 21, 2012 11:32 AM BST
i actually have two tickets for the final.......and im not certain that i can make it.......its more than likely that i wont get there......would be willing to give them to somebody at face value.....if i cant make it that is......they are sitting down seats but not in either of the main stands.......anybody who is interested can pm me after 4 o clock.......if they are interested.....i will know by then if i can go or not.......
Report Deplasterer September 21, 2012 11:32 AM BST
Fair dues Bobby.
Report Bassanio September 21, 2012 11:33 AM BST
The distribution of tickets for the final is ridiculous but is unlikely to change in the near future.

There will still be over 30,000 Donegal supporters there and the same from Mayo but it can take a good search for them.

Kerry supporters on the other hand know exactly where to for their tickets each year but they have a little more experience and have built up a few contacts over the years.
Report Kelly September 21, 2012 12:13 PM BST
Only definitive reports I get from Killybegs area , Rocketfingers , is from a friend whose daughter married one of the local fishermen with a share in a boat .  Unemployed now .

Time was when you drove through Killybegs ( even Daniel not always known to stop there ) the harbour was full of boats .  Only one there last couple of times I drove through , on the way to the cliffs which astonish visitors who have been "sold" the Cliffs of Moher .
Report kavvie September 21, 2012 1:35 PM BST
fair dues to you bobby.i got 2 but i gotta work a nite shift sat nite so i gave them to a mayo man i work with.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com