Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
keen leader
24 Aug 12 21:17
| Topic/replies: 634 | Blogger: keen leader's blog
with ppowders

arles kilcruise 5/6 saturday evening in laois senior championship.

i make them 1/5 shots, 2nd bext team by a mile after portlaoise. opponents graiguecullen sacked their manager midweek, doesnt matter as they dont have the players or know how to beat a cute outfit like the munnelly and meaney led kilcruise.

of lesser interest, another tie, mountmellick v clonaslee is a face off of bad and bad. the latter are known for they physical approach and have beaten mountmellick in every game that has counted in the past 2 decades. i make it a toss up with preference for clonaslee. b--oyles have a compiler who thinks clonaslee are 5/2 shots, the draw may be running for him, as he hasnt got a clue.

3rd game of the weekend. timahoe again totally wrong price with b--oyles at 7/4, unless they freeze, a repeat of their round 1 form with all their county men like quigley and clancy in top form, ought to see them beat arles killeen a team regressing at a rate of knots.

staking, you ask....arles kilcruise at 5/6 is a 10/10 job.
timahoe at 7/4 a 4/10 at that price. and clonaslee at 5/2 for a 1/10, based on incorrect pricing.

you see these firms simply do not have the resources to price all these games correctly, a lot of guesswork involved.
Pause Switch to Standard View something for the weekend
Show More
Report wildmanfromborneo August 29, 2012 2:48 PM BST
Tis you that is simple Rocketfingers,you seem to think that a price in your head is set in stone.Before the match Keen Leader thought they should be 1/5 so he recommended them at 5/6,he is entitled to revise his opinion.
My reasoning for saying get your money back on them is they conceded two early goals got themselves back in it only for their star player to get a straight red and despite this the other team couldn't put them away,they will probably miss their best player but at least they have fifteen this time.
Report Rocketfingers August 29, 2012 3:21 PM BST
Of course he allowed to revise his opinion but the fact of the matter he actually hasn't and said they were 4's on even at HT, he said they're not a bet at 8/13 because they're missing their best player, i would say if he believes his prices were correct just because they're missing 1 player even if he is their best is no reason not to go in again this weekend. There should be loads of value still there. You see you know i'm right with this one !
Report kavvie August 29, 2012 3:31 PM BST
rocket we live and we learn.thats why donegal are 4/6 for all ire.they were 16s last apr.whats wrong with you.kl realises that he was wrong with his assesment of ak being a 1/4 shot.therefore he said without their best player 8/13 is to left alone.
Report Rocketfingers August 29, 2012 3:35 PM BST
But was his assessment wrong Kavvie? Just because a bet does not win does mean it was a bad bet, the other team seemed on the ace of it a little lucky imo.
Report kavvie August 29, 2012 3:47 PM BST
yes.ak arnt 1/4 shots v graigue.he admitted this.if donegal played cork in 3 weeks time would cork be 8/15?no.because we learnt things last sunday.and we reascess accordingly.
Report Rocketfingers August 29, 2012 3:56 PM BST
Donegal were clear cut winners so obviously not and looking back and looking at the way the market was Donegal were the value. So KL prices for the AK last weekend were wrong is what you're saying and the correct price is now 8/13?
Report kavvie August 29, 2012 4:05 PM BST
yes,obviously.but its not value.its a correct price.its not a rick price.its easy say donegal were the value.all things being equal before the game cork were looking good.but when the pressure was applied they couldnt handle it.we had no way of knowing this based on their previous form.they beat kildare very easily.and kerry(who donegal lets face it were lucky enough to beat in hindsight)by 5 pts.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 29, 2012 4:10 PM BST
How where Donegal lucky to beat Kerry, they had the game won and where comfortable enough until Kerry got given a goal that clearly should never have stood. All year Donegal have been underestimated as people seem to not like their play but they are a bloody good team and have deserved all their victories this year.
Report Rocketfingers August 29, 2012 4:12 PM BST
Oh gawd i'm going to retire for this one Kavvie, GL if you have another pop this weekend at it or anyone else does either & i being sincere as well.
Report kavvie August 29, 2012 5:23 PM BST
donegal are the best team in ireland at the moment.but they got a lucky goal early on and it set the trend for the game.kerry had all their key men taken off or injured and crucially their free taker had to go off.thats what happens during matches.things conspire against you.same prob happened with ak last sat!!
Report Ozymandius August 30, 2012 5:22 PM BST
Arles Kilnaskully on the drift to 4/5 with PP.

The forum money has not come this time.
Report Rocketfingers August 30, 2012 5:50 PM BST
I think KL is a decent judge thus i reckon that's a very betable price.
Report richters August 30, 2012 6:33 PM BST
agree rocket lets recoup the losses of sat nite.......
Report richters August 30, 2012 9:02 PM BST
any update?
Report richters August 30, 2012 9:23 PM BST
graigecullen 1-11 Arles kilcruis 2-7..........BASTIDS
Report Ozymandius August 30, 2012 9:34 PM BST
Cry
Report Rocketfingers August 30, 2012 9:35 PM BST
Oh i thought the replay was the weekend again, that's a FT?
Report richters August 30, 2012 9:39 PM BST
looks like a late goal won it 4 graigecullen accordin to the times on the laois twitter page ozy.....ahhh well....
Report Ozymandius August 30, 2012 9:42 PM BST
I wasn't on but was hooping those that were would get a few quid back.
Report richters August 30, 2012 9:43 PM BST
shuda listened to snap crackle and pop...lol....
Report Rocketfingers August 30, 2012 9:56 PM BST
We can take it that they were never near 1/4 or 1/5 so, would laugh if KL was on the other side Laugh
Report RamonSanchezPizjuan August 30, 2012 9:58 PM BST
Sorry to see this lads. Hope it did not cost ye much.
Report snap crackle and pop August 30, 2012 10:00 PM BST
I doubled up on Graigue Cullen tbh to recoup the loss from the weekend. Thought they were brilliant value. Hope a few on here had a few quid on too
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods August 30, 2012 10:12 PM BST
Classic Fred
Report kavvie August 30, 2012 11:11 PM BST
i didnt play.but im sorry for anyone that went in again.
Report moneypenny August 30, 2012 11:17 PM BST
same here kavvie and in fairness to kl he did advise to leave it alone tonight
Report kavvie August 30, 2012 11:18 PM BST
that why i didnt play.replays are strange.pp will have to send the graigue club a christmas present!!
Report snap crackle and pop August 30, 2012 11:27 PM BST
They paid for my crimbo pressies!! Cool
Report kavvie August 30, 2012 11:33 PM BST
well done snap.you swam against the tide and it paid off!
Report snap crackle and pop August 30, 2012 11:38 PM BST
Cheers kavvie. But I would say I swam with the tide rather than against it! Many of the sharp GAA punters I know wereon too Grin
Report kavvie August 30, 2012 11:49 PM BST
fair dues.i thought a team with munnelly and meaney would be hard beaten the first day.and my laois moles agreed.besides my luck is right out at the mo..so i was bound to lose.
Report snap crackle and pop August 31, 2012 12:01 AM BST
It's nothing to do with luck kavvie. You either know value when you see it or you don't! Quite simple really! Cool
Report Rocketfingers August 31, 2012 12:04 AM BST
To be fair Snap, a single individual bet can be 'lucky' or 'unlucky' of course in the long run you bet value you should make money or at least in theory you should.
Report pa lapsy August 31, 2012 12:13 AM BST
Still think i would have stayed off the thread originally as it was PP against the forum,certainly won,t be wearing de sunglasses as others have lost on the replay, i suppose thats me.
Report moneypenny August 31, 2012 12:14 AM BST
its pretty obvious to me that the rice krispie man is pulling the p on this thread. stop biting lads
Report pa lapsy August 31, 2012 12:16 AM BST
Thanks Moneypenny.
Report reb August 31, 2012 12:26 AM BST
Moneypenny is right.
Report snap crackle and pop August 31, 2012 11:58 AM BST
Moneypenny, it wouldn't be in my nature to be "pulling the p" as you say. Just delighted to get a result up and just because I had my own idea on the game and didn't row in with the lemmings and back AK, you now think I am "pulling the p"! It doesn't add up for me!
Report kavvie August 31, 2012 12:07 PM BST
i think we should close this thread now.onwards and upwards
Report moneypenny August 31, 2012 12:13 PM BST
it adds up to me-
if not and you are genuine i apologise for that but i would also add your gloating at your good fortune is just as bad
Report snap crackle and pop August 31, 2012 12:25 PM BST
I accept that moneypenny, I am being genuine here. I admit I was being a bit over the top about the win though. It's just that I had been on a very bad run and was ecstatic to finally get a winner up!
Report moneypenny August 31, 2012 12:30 PM BST
fair play so
Report snap crackle and pop August 31, 2012 12:38 PM BST
I would advise on having a few quid on postscript 4.35 sandown. My friend magic md has a large four figure bet on him. And when he puts his money down like that, he usually draws
Report moneypenny August 31, 2012 12:40 PM BST
right so i might chance a few quid on that
Report reb August 31, 2012 1:30 PM BST
snap, keen leader is no betting messiah but he's way ahead of you and some of the other bluffers on here. Thanks for the tip.
Report Ozymandius August 31, 2012 4:42 PM BST
Well done and thanks, Snap.
Report richters August 31, 2012 4:44 PM BST
wd snap crackle...it won well....
Report moneypenny August 31, 2012 9:01 PM BST
nice one snap, had a few bob onCoolDevil
Report snap crackle and pop August 31, 2012 10:28 PM BST
You're welcome lads. Had a lumpy one at 7/2 this morning!Cool

Reb, I by no means claim to be a betting messiah, but I do quite well at punting (mainly horses and cricket), and am certainly no bluffer. You are welcome for the tip also.
Report Ozymandius September 2, 2012 5:17 PM BST
my punts will be dublin to win big and click for at least 2 goals(tasty at 15/8)

Another couple of selections down the pan, Keen Leader.  Time for you to pull something out of the fire for your followers!
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods September 2, 2012 5:18 PM BST
The halo has well and truly slipped Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo September 2, 2012 8:26 PM BST
Like the ghouls around the pools at Laytown they were waiting waiting,finally Keen Leader gets a few calls wrong so they descended,jealous and bitter they gleefully pursue their quarry but it will be a futile pursuit.
Report Ozymandius September 2, 2012 8:39 PM BST
It's not like you to have your tongue up somebody's ar$e, Borneo!

Keen Leaders success has been well flagged.  For balance, it is only right that his failings are also noted.  No glee involved, whatsoever.  I have no doubt that he will bounce back strongly.  Though perhaps not with his tip for Swansea to go down.
Report richters September 2, 2012 8:41 PM BST
here here ozy.....
Report wildmanfromborneo September 2, 2012 8:44 PM BST
You may have a degree in sociology,you may consider yourself superior but the first line of your last post is the real you,a vulgarian.
Report kavvie September 3, 2012 8:50 AM BST
swansea have a lot of hard games in front of them.sticky pitches mitnt suit their way of playing and they could easily get relegated if they lose a bit of confidence in how they are playing..
Report Newmanix September 3, 2012 10:02 AM BST
swansea will not get relegated.
Report kavvie September 3, 2012 11:02 AM BST
brave man to say that and they 3rd!!
Report snap crackle and pop September 3, 2012 11:50 AM BST
Kavvie there is more chance of keen leader putting up an odds on winner than Swansea being relegated
Report bobbybocala September 5, 2012 12:16 PM BST
sars tipping along nicely lads....had another 5500/2000 before sunday...on them to win over 20 grand now...playing carrig on sunday...absolute certs...not going to face them anymore.....all the value is gone....hope all my followers are on the bobby bandwagon....
Report richters September 6, 2012 9:33 PM BST
Airles Kilcruise 1/4 to beat killeshin sat evening.....RECOUP.......
Report snap crackle and pop September 6, 2012 9:44 PM BST
Scared
Report richters September 6, 2012 9:46 PM BST
or is this the lay of the century?????
Report snap crackle and pop September 6, 2012 9:47 PM BST
Laugh
Report Rocketfingers September 6, 2012 9:55 PM BST
I'm convinced that vast majority people on here come on to mess. The mob is attacking Keen leader lead by their leader Wildmanfromborneo.

The band of gamblers on here is decreasing, the men who post about betting and start thread giving their opinion is decreasing i liken us to the Jedi warriors who go up against the bookmakers using their skill.
Report snap crackle and pop September 6, 2012 10:02 PM BST
If, as you so claim you are a jedi warrior who uses skill to take on the bookmakers, don't you think that you should have known that BOG stands for Best Odds Guaranteed? Crazy
Report Rocketfingers September 6, 2012 10:06 PM BST
Don't bet horse Snap just own them.
Report richters September 6, 2012 10:08 PM BST
FFS.....heard it all now....
Report snap crackle and pop September 6, 2012 10:08 PM BST
Ok, well done
Report Rocketfingers September 6, 2012 10:12 PM BST
No worries amigos.
Report snap crackle and pop September 6, 2012 10:20 PM BST
Do you play in the LOI at weekends too?
Report Rocketfingers September 6, 2012 10:20 PM BST
No, why?
Report snap crackle and pop September 6, 2012 10:26 PM BST
Just a wild guess, seeing as you own horses but never bet on horses
Report Rocketfingers September 6, 2012 10:31 PM BST
You've lost me. No big deal i am what i am.
Report snap crackle and pop September 6, 2012 10:38 PM BST
But what if one of your trainers rang you and said, "Mr Rocketfingers, your horse has 28 pounds in hand tomorrow and cant possibly be beaten" Would you not run down to your local pp and have 100 on at whatever price the horse is, Best Odds Guaranteed!!
Report Rocketfingers September 6, 2012 10:45 PM BST
You misunderstood I bet on horses but just now and again, i go to big meetings but i bet on course would go weeks and months without a bet on a horse esp with a bookmaker, btw i don't have any in training at this moment in time snap but always bet mine at the course.
Report snap crackle and pop September 6, 2012 10:52 PM BST
Well done
Report bobbybocala September 7, 2012 9:08 PM BST
ya rocket has a big string of virtual horses......they are stabled right alongside his house......just on the north side of the liffey.......
Report bobbybocala September 9, 2012 12:15 PM BST
pissed up again yesterday lads....[against last years winners]...bobby on the verge to become the greatest tipster the forum has ever seen..boooom
Report lapsy pa September 9, 2012 4:19 PM BST
Are they in the quarter final now bobbybocala?
Report richters September 9, 2012 4:20 PM BST
airles kilcruise won anyway lads 1/4
Report bobbybocala September 9, 2012 7:34 PM BST
semi final
Report keen leader September 22, 2012 10:54 PM BST
just want to conclude this thread by mentioning that after coming through the backdoor arles kilcruise drew graiguecullen in the quarter final. again the bookmakers offered arles kilcruise at 1/1.

the result tonight. arles 1-15 graiguecullen 0-4.

enjoy the all ireland.
Report Ozymandius September 22, 2012 11:21 PM BST
Great to hear they finally came good.  If only we had employed the Martingale system we would all have been quids in.
Report ACE JACK DOUBLE SUITED September 22, 2012 11:46 PM BST
LOL KL brilliant stuff. I'm drinking red wine out of a green bottle...surely that's a sign for Maigh Eo!!
Report keen leader September 22, 2012 11:51 PM BST
for the record ace jack, graigue sport the identical kit as mayo, i wouldnt like them to suffer a similar humiliation tomorrow...
Report ACE JACK DOUBLE SUITED September 22, 2012 11:57 PM BST
Neither do I as I'm cash and carried to a Mayo woman but I fear the worst
Report 1.01's no fun October 7, 2012 9:51 PM BST
i think its time for bobby to tip the forum a winner....i havent tipped anything on here since my great pal pete winkworths horse got beat about a year ago...im willing to forgive all the knockers and tip ye all an absolute cert..the reason im putting it on this thread is because its a hurling team...im already after backing this team at 4/1 and 9/2 but im going in again at 11/4 with powers....the team in question is SARSFIELDS in the CORK SHC...i have a holiday home in glanmire and im well involved with the hurling scene in that general  area...i cant give out to much information but all i can say is lump on lads.....join the bobby bandwagon...ive backed them to win nearly 15,000....
Rate reply:

Good stuff Bobby-winner alrite
Report bobbybocala October 8, 2012 11:03 AM BST
thank you 1.01's no fun.......im actually going to leave this forum on a winning note........if it was keen leader or some other clown that tipped them.......there would be 25 congratulatory posts at this stage.....thats just the way of this place.....people like wonker get lauded.....and the man doesnt know what day of the week he has......anyway im off now.......best of luck to anybody who doesnt talk thru their hole on here.......
Report snap crackle and pop October 8, 2012 11:12 AM BST
Well done bobby, great tipping
Report bobbybocala October 8, 2012 11:18 AM BST
thank you snap crackle.....best of luck to yerself and magic md.......hope ye clean them out......
Report wildmanfromborneo October 8, 2012 11:30 AM BST
The reason you haven't been flooded with compliments is most here thought your post was a jeer,you gave no reason for the bet indeed you have stated previously that you don't like the game,the amount you backed them to win seems high considering the weakness of the market,the bit about the holiday home in Glanmire has to be a joke.
Having said all that I hope you won your twenty grand plus and notice Snap Crackle Pop is the first to congratulate ye both seem to delight in giving vicarious tips,although I doubt this is the last we will hear of you.
Report snap crackle and pop October 8, 2012 11:45 AM BST
And along comes the wildman with the positive comments as usual. I don't think if you tipped up a winner on here from now until Xmas bobby, certain people on here are constantly filled with negativity and smart comments
Report wildmanfromborneo October 8, 2012 11:52 AM BST
Bobby is a skitter indeed part of his complaints are the way I have praised both Workrider and Keen Leader in the past.
When you called the Ryder Cup right despite your intemperate language I was first to congratulate you.
Report kingrat October 8, 2012 2:06 PM BST
wildman bore is in the horrers!!!!!Laugh
Report Cupwinkcook October 8, 2012 8:55 PM BST
good call bobby, I'm too long out of Cork to know the scene anymore.

used to be the Glen, the Barrs and the Rockies in my time
Sarsfield's Court used to be a drying out clinic back in the day.

Now they are all 33s before a ball is pucked

Enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Report irish_guy_13 October 9, 2012 12:51 AM BST
thanks bobby, you sounded so confident, and i know your not a spoofer like some on here, i collected my 375 euro for a ton bet in my local spoils this morning. don't leave.... your only letting the ars e holes ruin this place.
Report irish_guy_13 October 9, 2012 12:51 AM BST
thanks bobby, you sounded so confident, and i know your not a spoofer like some on here, i collected my 375 euro for a ton bet in my local spoils this morning. don't leave.... your only letting the ars e holes ruin this place.
Report irish_guy_13 October 9, 2012 12:56 AM BST
btw , maybe if we all pulled together and stopped the knocking, more people would post on here and therefore we'd have a more informed opinion, and the  greater chance of long term success. GL all.
Report kingrat October 10, 2012 1:19 AM BST
here, here!!!.....now pull togeather lads
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com