Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
17 Jun 12 17:59
| Topic/replies: 29,477 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
Given, O'Shea, Dunne, St Ledger, Ward, Duff(Capt), Andrews, Whelan, McGeady, Keane, Doyle.
Pause Switch to Standard View Republic Of Ireland team to play Italy
Show More
Report timberman June 17, 2012 8:06 PM BST
Hopefully the Irish team wont be drinking before the game like the last two nights!!Laugh
Report donal June 17, 2012 9:52 PM BST
Trappatoni HAS TO GO!!!

He is just a joke! Stubborn, Italian ****, who is being paid millions and can't even speak English.....what a joke the FAI are!!
Report Rocketfingers June 17, 2012 9:53 PM BST
Have to agree with Toto on this i think Ireland on the handicaps are worth a bet.
Report Toto82 June 17, 2012 9:55 PM BST
Thanks Rocket I agree with you also
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby June 17, 2012 10:02 PM BST
StLedger on now saying how well Ireland played 10 years ago in SAIPAN

Laugh
Report G Hall June 17, 2012 10:04 PM BST
Italy will win end of
Report kavvie June 17, 2012 10:06 PM BST
i think italy at 1.33 are the bet of the year.buying money.and the  team selection just simply defies logic..
Report Toto82 June 17, 2012 10:13 PM BST
Thanks G Hall, its punters like you who dont think of odds and provide value for the rest of us
Report kavvie June 17, 2012 10:21 PM BST
ok toto consider the following
trap is italian
ireland are out
italy need to win by 2
trap names same team(hence no young guns eager to please)
ireland are very average
italy are 3rd favs
italy drew with spain
stephen ward
now tell me where theres a better 1/3 shot out there?
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 17, 2012 10:28 PM BST
Black Caviar.
Report kavvie June 17, 2012 10:30 PM BST
im on her at evs!!
Report reb June 17, 2012 10:37 PM BST
Toto is right. I couldn't believe the price on here in the immediate aftermath of the game against Spain and laid accordingly. I had priced it at around 1.45 . My only slight worry was that Trap might decide to experiment with the line-up so I'm pleased, from a purely  selfish betting point of view, that he hasn't done so. This is easily the best football match bet value I've seen on here in a long time. I also notice that P. Power have moved their price from 2/7 out to 1/3 since the team announcement.

The key is value.
Report wildmanfromborneo June 17, 2012 10:44 PM BST
He is trying to get a result to stop ye lot moaning,thank god ye are not Dutch.
I will be a layer of Italy for non patriotic reasons.
Report kavvie June 17, 2012 10:48 PM BST
im truly amazed!
Report wildmanfromborneo June 17, 2012 10:55 PM BST
Amazed at the result from Portlaoise,amazed at someone defending Ireland or amazed at anyone laying Italy.
Report kavvie June 17, 2012 11:01 PM BST
sad at portlaoise to be honest
amazed at anyone laying italy.
its not a case of"defending" ireland.they are crap
Report wildmanfromborneo June 17, 2012 11:16 PM BST
I don`t agree with Galway being in Leinster for a start,everyone knew this was a poor enough Ireland team,the clubs they play for tell you that so why the surprise.
Italy have the Southern European temperment great chance they will bottle it.
Report sirwinalot June 17, 2012 11:34 PM BST
The bottling South European temperament:

2004 Euros: Greece
2006 World Cup: Italy
2008 Euros: Spain
2010 World Cup: Spain
Report tobywong. June 17, 2012 11:35 PM BST
^ Laugh
Report kavvie June 17, 2012 11:40 PM BST
in these days of austerity and low intrest rates avail of a special offer from italy..33% in 2 hrs!!
Report benny_ROBS_roy June 17, 2012 11:48 PM BST
well italy were 4/5 + with most bookies this time 8 days ago so 1.3 currently looks a value lay to me no matter how bad we've been the last 2 games
Report wildmanfromborneo June 17, 2012 11:56 PM BST
Sirwinalot Spain have a dodgy temperament but they are now so good it doesn`t matter as much.
A penalty shoot out between Italy and Germany who would you back,thats my point.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby June 18, 2012 12:01 AM BST
Sirwinalot Spain have a dodgy temperament

You have got to be joking.
Report sirwinalot June 18, 2012 12:12 AM BST
"A penalty shoot out between Italy and Germany who would you back,thats my point."

Depends on the price.

I dont see what penalties has to do with Italy's price to beat Ireland which was the topic under discussion when you issued your theory about southern european temperament.

German bottle? No team has been runner up more often in the world cup. 7 finals, 3 wins. (Italy 6 finals, 4 wins). Now I'm not saying the German's are bottlers, but Italy know how to get the job done. 

I shall disembark from the thread at this point, lest I catch the madness.
Report wildmanfromborneo June 18, 2012 12:14 AM BST
Historically,there were great Spanish teams down the years and they won nothing,this team is so good they have overcome their old problem.In the past they nicked the great Hungarian player Ferenc Puskas and the Argentian Alfredo di Stefano and still won nothing.
The team with the most bottle tends to win the penalty shoot outs.
Report wildmanfromborneo June 18, 2012 12:15 AM BST
The price is obviously evens your pick.
Report neill d June 18, 2012 12:28 AM BST
They held there nerve admirably in the semi final and final of the last World Cup where despite being not at their best, they ground out the result. Of course as you say wildman, having 4 or 5 of the best players ever to play the game is a help as well.
Report neill d June 18, 2012 12:32 AM BST
I think they have the ideal temperament in that in even the tightest of situations, they all want the ball, and then when they get the ball, they execute another pass perfectly. That is what football is about and when it is done like this correctly, it will win out most of the time unless the other team get lucky.
Report punkha1 June 18, 2012 1:09 AM BST
Anybody that thinks Italy are a good bet at 1.33 should give the game up.
Like saying i'd back Frankel at 1.05 cos he'll piss up.
Absolutely no concept of value.
Report Rocketfingers June 18, 2012 2:07 AM BST
Surprise surprise Wildclown copies the big dog Rocket !
Report kavvie June 18, 2012 9:53 AM BST
the market has formed an opinion.at the moment its  says its 3 times more likely that italy will win than any other result..value is what it is.if you think italy are a stupid price lay them.you will get 100/30 any other result.
Report ilikewavingatbuses June 18, 2012 10:53 AM BST
i hope we get fooking destroy, disgraceful selection, shouldve given the younger lads a game.
Report reb June 18, 2012 11:34 AM BST
kavvie, the market made Italy a 1.31 chance last night. Currently it makes them a 1.39 chance. I believe a reassessment is taking place as there is a growing realisation among non-Irish bettors that Ireland, and their management, will be giving 100% (or 110% if you were listening to Robbie yeasterday).
Report db1974 June 18, 2012 11:37 AM BST
On the assumption that we were already giving 100% in the first 2 games but were just atrocious, I don't think laying the 1.39 is worth it.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 18, 2012 11:52 AM BST
Once again the old chesnut "value" raises its head, I have never found value in a losing bet.
Italy have always been a top team.Always have been up there as one of the favs to win these tournies.
The price is wrong. I would compare it to Man Utd., v Bolton, WBA, Wigan. Italy should be 1/8. Ok no home advantage so slightly better odds, 1/6.

Sometimes there are freak results, but this will hardly be one.
Report reb June 18, 2012 12:01 PM BST
db, every gambler has to make their own call regarding the price. Yes, Ireland were giving 100% in the opening 2 games and played poorly. Tonight the pressure on the team will be substantially less but the motivation will be just as great to get a result. That, and not conceding in the first 5 minutes, can make the difference. The price last night and still currently does not reflect that.

I take the FIFA World rankings with a grain or two of salt but you have to have some respect for them. Pre tournament they had Italy at 12 and Ireland at 18. That counts for something.

Jay Trump, you mention "home" advantage - that's another reason for betting on Ireland/laying Italy. I wouldn't be surprised to see and hear a lot more support for Ireland in the stadium.
Report Toto82 June 18, 2012 1:12 PM BST
An Ireland win is worth 2 million to the FAI also - 1 million for the win and 1 million for third place in group.
Report Monte Christo June 18, 2012 1:22 PM BST
Italy out to 1.44 now.

Are they only playing with 10 men ?
Report kavvie June 18, 2012 1:27 PM BST
get on!!
Report wildmanfromborneo June 18, 2012 1:51 PM BST
Must be Rocketfingers Asian clients its certainly not me.
Report Bassanio June 18, 2012 2:09 PM BST
Nice to see kavvie put up a tip, even if it is a 2/5 shot.
Report kavvie June 18, 2012 2:22 PM BST
thanks bassanio.i hope you have black caviar backed since i put it up at 5/6..
Report Bassanio June 18, 2012 2:39 PM BST
No I have never heard of Black Caviar.
Report pa lapsy June 18, 2012 2:40 PM BST
I,m not a big football head at all but if you fancied the Italians to in easily(i do),wouldn,t the near 6/5 ht/ft be a better bet than the 4/9?
Report Rocketfingers June 18, 2012 5:04 PM BST
This kind of passion bring out the goose pimples in me, players should be made watch this tonight before they take the pitch it's raw emotion. The players need to left the fans tonight who will be downbeat after the Monaghan news earlier on today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=affbvK4UZgc&feature=player_embedded
Report Rocketfingers June 18, 2012 5:32 PM BST
'lift'
Report keen leader June 18, 2012 5:51 PM BST
i am putting my eggs into the one basket on this game and taking the view that this will be a close game during the opening quarter. i think italy tired in the final quarter v croatia and they mmay try to pace themselves. our lads have nothing to lose, though they will be hellbent on not conceding early. so i have laid at 5.2 the first goal in the 0-10 range, topped up with under 2.5 goals at 2.2, to lay off at 1.95 if 0-0 after 15 mins, and also laid italy, again if 0-0 after 15 mins it they will be near the 1.55 mark and lay off. i also laid under 1.5 at 1.26, again will hit 1.36 if scoreless after 15 for another bloodless trade out.
Report squigs June 18, 2012 6:54 PM BST
Delaney is an utter clown, he has chairman of the FAI has been on the piss for the last two weeks. Monaghan United are going under while he is out in Poland. What does he do to get his €400,000 a year?
Report vinnie_roe June 18, 2012 7:00 PM BST
He was on 450k before he kindly took a cut. Outrageous scenes in the domestic league.
Report GANT007 June 18, 2012 7:05 PM BST
There was a bit of trouble in Poznan about 2 hours ago.........A few lads were burning trappatoni flags but the police acted quickly.........the chap that text me said it was dealt with quickly.
Report Rocketfingers June 18, 2012 7:24 PM BST
Link please? I highly doubt you speak to anyone that goes to Irish soccer games ! Nice try gant Wink
Report GANT007 June 18, 2012 7:27 PM BST
T
T
T
T
Report Rocketfingers June 18, 2012 7:29 PM BST
T? What are you on about?
Report GANT007 June 18, 2012 7:31 PM BST
Trust me on this one..........I'd say the majority over there were never at many games before........I hear the loi die hards who did not go out of principle have a new name for the fans that travelled..........is it true they have labeled them.......ole ole sc*m............
Report Rocketfingers June 18, 2012 7:37 PM BST
Well consider i go to most Ireland away games and you've hate the sport i would have a better idea than you. It's just the soccer family, we're hurting after the news today expect the Irish soccer family to always stick together gant, you are somehow looking to divide us, even in your warped mind that's strange.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 18, 2012 7:43 PM BST
Is Tardeli older than Trapatoni ?
Report GANT007 June 18, 2012 7:45 PM BST
Divide you from who?..........
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 8:22 PM BST
Shay Given should have done the decent thing and told Trapp, nah don't pick me i'm finished give the kids a chance
Report Dan Chipowski June 18, 2012 8:24 PM BST
Disappointed in Shay Given.

He's badly let himself and his country down. He's clearly unfit and has been a complete and utter comedy of errors in every single match at the Euros.

Won't even comment on Glen Whelan's crossfield ball, as the bloke is just hopeless.
Report donal June 18, 2012 8:27 PM BST
Trappatoni is the joke for picking these players!!!

There is much better at home and on the bench!!! Fupping Italian fupper!!!
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 8:38 PM BST
He should replace Given at half time because the Irish goals are going to be peppered the 2nd half...Grow a pair Trapp and tell him ''You're no longer in Ireland's plans'' & say to yourself "Neither am i" ..Glenn Whelan..you may's well have Marty
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 18, 2012 8:45 PM BST
Well its the old boy's club all over again
Keane allows duff captaincy, for probably his last game for his country, well you dont do this in competitive games
Keane is no way near fit slow as a boat.
Dunne is no way near fit, as big as a bus.
Given is gone at the game and Man City saw this early, wouldn't stop a rolling pot
To complete the old timers log
Trap+Tardeli both as old as T (gant's T)Laugh

Thanks be to the LORD for the GAA
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 8:50 PM BST
Just seen the goal again. Given made 3 mistakes in one minute. Unbelievable for a great servant for Ireland but too many mistakes this past 2 games and Trapp still can't see Given isn't fit.
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 8:55 PM BST
Laugh

Coral ‏@Coral

Aston Villa are currently 6/1 for relegation. We'll have to slash them if Shay Given stays
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 9:23 PM BST
Wonder will we get the 2nd verse of The Fields Of Athenry tonight
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 9:23 PM BST
Keith Andrew Man Of The Match.
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods June 18, 2012 9:28 PM BST
Robbie, time to retire son. I beg you. Cry
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 9:33 PM BST
And take that mug Andrews with you..Gonna cost Ireland a goal
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 9:35 PM BST
Shay diving for the ball and the rest of the team about to kick off Happy
Report donal June 18, 2012 9:35 PM BST
FAIR PLAY KEITH ANDREWS!!! The only one who gives a **** about the team!!
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 9:36 PM BST
We'll have no team for the World Cup..Andrews will get at least 3 match ban for violent conduct after the sending off
Report donal June 18, 2012 9:40 PM BST
Anyone else sick of hearing that fupping song about some sleepy village in Galway!!! We are out, what the fupp are they singing about??
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 9:42 PM BST
Thank God for the Irish fans or it would have been complete embarrassment. Going home with the joint worst Euro record of any team...ever. -8 goals
Report Dan Chipowski June 18, 2012 9:44 PM BST
Depressing stuff.

Three pathetic performances from Ireland. What was Robbie Keane doing on the field at the end of the pitch? Total waste of a player. Been a grand servant but the time to go is NOW for him and a few of his mates.
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods June 18, 2012 9:48 PM BST
A little bit better tonight but depressing overall.

Given - The worst player in the whole tournament, by some distance. Borderline disgraceful.
O'Shea - Never ventured forward but didn't defend either. Awful
Dunne - 3 stone overweight
St Ledger - A bit hapless, but he did provide the 1 highlight i guess.
Ward - Plenty of effort, but could easily be playing in the LOI. More his level.
McGeady - Non Trier. Send him back to Scotland.
Whelan - His continued selection should prompt a public enquiry at government level. It's a mystery.
Andrews - Bit of passion. Tried hard and that's all you can ask.
Duff - A Diving Girl. please retire asap
Doyle - Again, could easily be playing LOI.
Keane - A legend, but horrifically in decline and needs to do the right thing and retire.
Report DRAGON DANCER June 18, 2012 9:58 PM BST
"We could've and should've got a result tonight?"

Interviewer to Keane... who believes this bullsh1t!
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 10:03 PM BST
Not one Republic of Ireland player playing in the Euros finished in the top 6 in the Premiership
Report zekial June 18, 2012 10:04 PM BST
A little bit better tonight but depressing overall.

Given - The worst player in the whole tournament, by some distance. Borderline disgraceful. - agree
O'Shea - Never ventured forward but didn't defend either. Awful - agree
Dunne - 3 stone overweight - bit over the top
St Ledger - A bit hapless, but he did provide the 1 highlight i guess. - prob our best defender but not saying much
Ward - Plenty of effort, but could easily be playing in the LOI. More his level. - terrible performance, cant pass or ever be in right position
McGeady - Non Trier. Send him back to Scotland.- completely disagree, our only dangerous player that produced something,beat players, two v good crossed, is comfortable on the ball,our best attacker on pitch
Whelan - His continued selection should prompt a public enquiry at government level. It's a mystery. - agree, its disturbing
Andrews - Bit of passion. Tried hard and that's all you can ask.- agree,best player of tourney, played well tonight
Duff - A Diving Girl. please retire asap - tried hard, didnt contribute much, but deserves respect.mclean should have come on for him
Doyle - Again, could easily be playing LOI. - tried hard, dont blame him in general
Keane - A legend, but horrifically in decline and needs to do the right thing and retire.- was terrible, terribles too small a word
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 10:06 PM BST
Given - The worst player in the whole tournament, by some distance. Borderline disgracefu

Have to agree....
Report joe9000 June 18, 2012 10:10 PM BST
any player who makes the choice of moving 2 a circus league like the mls shud automatically give up the chance of playing 4 his country. absoulte waste of space keane has been in these 3 games.
Report vinnie_roe June 18, 2012 10:43 PM BST
So what is the future team for the world cup qualifiers, style of football and system of play?
Clearly, marc wilson, houlihan, McCarthy, Mcclean, Gibson, Clark, need to come in for the next friendly. Technical young guns such as brady, Michael keane, and Henderson, might also have a breakthrough  season, and need to be examined quite closely.
For the friendly -

Westwood
Wilson       Dunne         Ledger,     Clark

Gibson        McCarthy
                    Houlihan

Mcgeady                                 McClean

Long
Report joe9000 June 18, 2012 10:50 PM BST
agree nearly 100% wit that team vinnie, only diff i wud have is kelly right back and move wilson over to left
Report gentlemanjohn June 18, 2012 10:53 PM BST
Michael Keane, very promising kid, heard very promising reports from irish under age set-up. Pity he wants to play alongside his brother for england, cant win em all
Report Rocketfingers June 18, 2012 11:02 PM BST
Michael Keane is an English under 19 international. Robbie Brady will make a player, Coleman i hope he does but not sure, Gibson to me not good enough but i hope i'm wrong on that one. If we had someone in there that's creative with Andrews he might be ok, Fahy i think is decent as well and so is McCarthy just need to unearth a couple of decent lads.
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 18, 2012 11:06 PM BST
Wanted to play U19 for England v Czech back in feb/mar but wasn't picked for the squad. The U.19 UEFA Cup finals starts in 3 weeks time. Hopefully he isn't picked either Devil
Report vinnie_roe June 18, 2012 11:09 PM BST
I know Michael Keane has played u17, u18, and u19 for ireland. If possible, we should play him against Kazakhstan, just to get him tied down.
Report mightymoyes June 18, 2012 11:15 PM BST
gibson is more than good enough, he shouldve been starting ahead of whelan at the euros.
Report squigs June 18, 2012 11:21 PM BST
Michael Keane played for Ireland as he assumed he wouldn't be good enough at England level. Last two seasons he has come on incredible leaps and bounds and has a ok chance of making it at United looks good enough to play for England at youth level.

Robbie Brady is a great talent and one we will see at some stage in the 2014 qualifiers hopefully. Slight enough build but tough as a mule,quick, good left foot and great in the air.
Report kingrat June 19, 2012 2:09 AM BST
ah ,good fcking griefLaugh
Report kingrat June 19, 2012 3:00 AM BST
face facts, replacing journey men players with younger journey men players achieves fck all,the culture and philosophy of how the game is played has to change in this country fron under 10s upwards,its like as a kid how u played it on the street,as soon as the fai get involved they fck it all upGrin
Report kingrat June 19, 2012 3:11 AM BST
were any of u people that played soccer ever taught how to strike a ballGrin
Report gentlemanjohn June 19, 2012 9:17 AM BST
Wasn't up to speed with the Keane situation, will be interesting to see how that pans out. Anyone mentioned Aidan White so far? Has been excellent on the right for Leeds anytime have seen him, can play full back or in midfield, would be very surprised if a premiership club hasnt signed him before end of the season. Should be in senior squad for next game
Report RamonSanchezPizjuan June 19, 2012 10:21 AM BST
My Irish team for what it is worth.

1 Westwood/ If Given does retire.
2 Coleman
3 Dunne
4 o'Shea - far better centre half
5 Wilson
6 McGeady
7 McCarthy
8 Houlihan - can go forward with McCarthy holding
9 McClean
10 Ireland - We have to get him back in the fold and play him behind the front man as he can do what we seem incapable of doing and score.
11 Long

Westwood

Coleman       Dunne         O'Shea     Wilson

Houlihan        McCarthy

Mcgeady              Ireland                   McClean

Long

Bench should have the likes of

Ciaran Clark, bring him into the fold maybe even start ahead of O'Shea/ Wilson
Andrews still has a part to play for me, only man to leave with his head up high
Walters
Aidy White of Leeds is a solid player
Anthony Pilkington
Kevin Doyle
Shane Duffy
Leon Best
Enda Stevens
Conor Clifford
Robbie Brady
Greg Cunningham
Sean Murray at Watford is going to be a fine player also.

We have to build for the future.

We will finish fourth in our qualifying group even though Sweden and Austria are p!ss poor, we have no direction under Trap.  PS, sick of listening to Dunphy re Keith Fahy, that guy is not up to it. He is as much a clown as Trap, clueless.

The sad truth is Trap will get nowhere near this team.
Report neill d June 19, 2012 4:45 PM BST
Good team Ramon and I think it would put heads on the gate as well, people want to get behind the thing.
Report Rocketfingers June 19, 2012 6:36 PM BST
Laughable some of the suggestions. Conor Clifford can only get on our under 21 team's bench never mind have a place on the bench for a senior international. Enda Stevens don't make me laugh, Villa were stuck to the balls last year and did not give him a chance which says a lot imo. Coleman has been rank all last season, can't get on the Everton bench even and shown that he can't defend. Houlihan in and out of the Norwich side towards the end of the season but fair enough should be at least looked at. Leon Best please, Shane Duffy one for the future. Dunphy is right about Fahy he's a decent player, Gibson has had numerous chances at international level and has not taken any of them bar maybe playing well in a friendly in Denmark. The lad at Leeds and Robbie Brady along with Duffy are all decent prospects. And how anybody Irish football fan would want to ask Stephen Ireland back is beynd me, a man who wants to go and play in the MLS, that says it all for me and has shown he was not interested in playing for his country is staggering and sad at the same time.
Report kingrat June 19, 2012 6:45 PM BST
well i wud have cluxton in goal for a startLaugh
Report kavvie June 19, 2012 7:22 PM BST
rocket ill bow to your knowledge of the game but surely some of the people you mentioned would be better than the following?...cox?green?whelan?ward?..it was staggering the changes he was making.and leaving gibson and mclean on the bench?...please explain that logic?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com