Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
19 May 12 18:43
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
I wrote about this last year and i am even more convinced now.The row with the Arabs took its toll so much so they sued for peace,the selling of horses and the drafting in of new owners or victims if you like.
The latest telltale sign is the gambles,i have outlined on another thread the Ballydoyle gambles but it is the outside gambles that are completely new,these have a green and gold stamp all over them.At Naas Possible trained by Charles O`Brien after three runs in maidens was backed from 5/1 into 5/2 in his first handicap and won easily,today in Wexford Time Of My Life tailed off three times in maidens runs in his first handicap is backed off the boards and wins with stones in hand[how the handicapper assessed such a well bred beast at 47 is a mystery]
We all know of Dry Bob and Good Days but after he established himself Vincent O`Brien stopped the gambling and ran his horses on their merits.
Pause Switch to Standard View Coolmore Under Financial Pressure.
Show More
Report workrider May 19, 2012 6:52 PM BST
wildman , i read in the r/post today that darley are offering redundancy to some of their staff in newmarket .....seems like they'er all feeling the pinch.....
Report wildmanfromborneo May 19, 2012 7:37 PM BST
I also heard that their Dubai staff are being let go,seems that Dubai experiment could sink the lot of them.
Report workrider May 19, 2012 7:46 PM BST
wildman ,  they over reached themselves with so much building imo....sheikh mo is an incredible man ,always thinking ahead ,he saw the future for his country over 20 years ago and proceeded to do his best to bring it into the present century ....
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle May 19, 2012 8:02 PM BST
Only bought

Uncle Mo
Soyouthink
SSB
Excellbration
Haradsun
Looking at Lucky
Canford Cliffs

in the past 4 years and the majority coming within the last year.100 Million Queen pounds of bloodstock right there. Pinch my arse[:cool:
Report Franky Four Fingers May 20, 2012 10:15 AM BST
Ruby ......

How much does the breeding operation bring into Coolemore eash year ?
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle May 20, 2012 12:01 PM BST
Coolmore America

12 Stallion standing at an Average of 25k. Say 120 mares a piece. 35 Million US Dollars a season

Coolmore Australia

16 Stallions at 40k average a pop say another 120 mares. Altho some cover up to 170. Around 80 Million Auzzie

Coolmore Ireland

22 Stallion at an average of 30k Montjeu just departed also. So say 120 mares on average.  Easily 80 Million euro again in fees.

Add it all up get about say 140 Million euro a year.

Now that if advertised prices can be believed and they use all there own stallion on there mares so again its hard to get a true figure but its well over 100 Million every year. They spent a lot recently on new acquistions but no bother to them. They are rich men.
Report moneypenny May 20, 2012 12:49 PM BST
Thats all very well ruby but their making the real money on the plotted up gambles at wexford Grin
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle May 20, 2012 12:55 PM BST
6/1 into even Money PennyLaughLaugh

ShrewdCool
Report dashero May 20, 2012 12:57 PM BST
Laugh I swore I saw Magnier trying a slow count with the cashier in the local P0wers yesterday!!!
Report moneypenny May 20, 2012 1:00 PM BST
Laugh
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle May 20, 2012 1:00 PM BST
Laugh

(Opened 5/2 tchd 11/4) on track.

On Course bookies wish they stayed at home to see FrankelLaugh
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 6:20 PM BST
aint coolmore worth around 4 billion nowLaugh its all down to that special grass that grows in ireland
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com