Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Bigwillystyle
13 Dec 11 13:54
| Topic/replies: 2,586 | Blogger: Bigwillystyle's blog
Anyone else notice this complete non trier last Saturday in Navan.  Never any attempt to put the horse into the race. Beaten only 6L. Entered in handicap this Sunday. This crew can get away with anything it seems.  Plenty of successful laying going on.
Show More
Report Santry December 13, 2011 5:54 PM GMT
That race to me is suspicious. The morning fav,Reizovic,cannot be given away on course. Dedigout 3/1 to 7/4 on track. The race starts, Dedigout jumps off and makes all for an easy win . Reizovic jumps off at the rear and at no stage gets involved in the race or is asked to get involved. Say no more.
Report Can't Catch Me December 13, 2011 10:34 PM GMT
Couldnt agree more.
Report Blackwater December 14, 2011 12:15 AM GMT
I also thought it was 'a complete non trier.'

But we might be wrong. Certainly the eperts in the stewards room spotted nothing untoward.

Even if we're right, will the beast be trying any harder next time out?

Welcome to racing. A few insiders know exactly what's going on. The rest of us are just guessing. The whole thing is a racket best avoided.
Report BJG December 21, 2011 12:42 PM GMT
U are 100% correct BWS

One that has gone into my notebook also!

Form boost there too with Springfield Way winning
Report dj876 December 21, 2011 5:03 PM GMT
Entered in a 0-140 hcap at leopardstown on tues 27th December.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2011 11:36 PM GMT
With Darwins Fox, Maggie Connolly, Cothrom Na Feinne & House Rules to beat Wink
Report BJG December 26, 2011 12:16 PM GMT
In tomorrow - was hopin Lastoftheleaders would be pulled - 30lbs well in but should give a nicer price on Reizovic!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 26, 2011 11:20 PM GMT
Maggie Connolly heads to Lmk for the 1.10pm instead (5/2 fav)
House Rules waits 'til 12.55 Wed

So must have another look at Darwins F.
Report Blackwater December 27, 2011 11:03 AM GMT
Nice comment by Alan Sweetman in the Post today concerning Reizovic: 'possibly not seen to maximum effect' last time out.

That's one way of putting it.
Report The Gotchee December 27, 2011 11:53 AM GMT
He looks too inexperienced to win this race and and he may find things happening a bit quick for him, not sure the track will suit either. He will need 20 lbs + to beat Lastoftheleaders. Cothrom na Feinne looks too big at 50/1
Report punchestown December 27, 2011 12:21 PM GMT
He's a strong traveller that does find a bit (if asked Whoops),I think him and AP should get on alright today.
Report by purpose December 27, 2011 2:35 PM GMT
Choice stuff that
Report ShannonSpray December 27, 2011 2:37 PM GMT
Maybe he'll do better next time. A few of them seemed to run on well at the end.....
Report BJG December 27, 2011 2:37 PM GMT
Nearly a worse effort from the saddle today if possible!
Report punchestown December 27, 2011 2:49 PM GMT
Very odd,the last couple on "efforts" on this horse,the poor jockey seems to have had paralysis for some strange reason.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y December 27, 2011 2:51 PM GMT
Some strange reason could possibly be the MCR Hurdle? Thought it was a pathetic effort today, reminds me a bit of Get Me Out Of Here last year the way his last 2 runs have gone, won't surprise me one bit to see him win a big handicap at some stage of the season
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle December 27, 2011 2:53 PM GMT
Ban McCoy for that...10 days would be justified..never put in the race and purposely went wideLaugh
Report Dan Chipowski December 27, 2011 3:21 PM GMT
Another dodgy 'effort' from the saddle alright.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2011 3:44 PM GMT
Just watched the replay again......

While you boyos will be keeping an eye on REIZOVIC, I'd also keep the other eye on Scottish Boogie imho - from the Wilmott & Byrnes bedfellows Wink

If You Lie Down with Dogs,........
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl December 27, 2011 3:44 PM GMT
The betfair polce seemed fit to take out my post ........now btefair do your job get to work and check out who the layers of Reizovic were ....was there suspicious activity by some who were aware before the fact in that after the fact they would be in clover....do your job Betfair ......dont allow people to be treated like idiots
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby December 27, 2011 4:41 PM GMT
what layers he was well backed fav
Report dj876 December 27, 2011 5:33 PM GMT
Look at the nrs -Darwins fox,last of the leaders ,some present.He was similar price b4 last of the leaders was taking out-he drifted alright.Anyone spot CMc with the ipad in parade ring-He loves the "daq"-They are bigger than the game .end off.
Report MCKENNA December 27, 2011 7:40 PM GMT
Looked to me that Scottish Boogie was the real "eyecatcher" today, switched all over the place before coming home well.  Strange race overall.
Report tobellie December 27, 2011 9:07 PM GMT
scottish boogie the  horse to take out. pulled carberrys arms out, thenwaitedtil race over
Report The Gotchee December 27, 2011 9:24 PM GMT
Track was unsuitable and trip too sharp, didn't get a great ride either. Furthermore he wasn't good enough to win that race, end of conspiricy theory.
Report kavvie December 27, 2011 9:26 PM GMT
carbs said in his book he never stopped one in his life?!?!
Report Ballhopper December 27, 2011 9:54 PM GMT
Is the horse really any good. Stable not enjoying great form, much more was expected from their bumper horse today. Three of Mullins horses today lunatic prices, yet bumper yoke won at 5/1. Form of his point to point second worked out well, Nicholls bought the winner and rates him big time.
Crazy number of odds on favs these days, and 3/1 a raw horse in Paddy Power Chase is mind boggling. Get a grip boys.
Report The Gotchee December 27, 2011 10:12 PM GMT
^ Thats the most sensible post I have seen all year.
Report limerick December 27, 2011 10:14 PM GMT
anyone think that scottish boogie is being laid out for the big two mile hurdle at leopardstown in jan.twas called the mcr last year.owner likes to have a runner in it.while the horse is no star ballhopper i'd imagine he's better than his current rating of 120.
Report Allduckornodinner December 27, 2011 10:57 PM GMT
Scottish Boogie is looking almost too big an eyecatcher after his last two runs. While a tilt at the big hurdle in January (think a bookie is sponsoring it this year) looks in the offing the horse is entered in a Fairyhouse race this Sunday where he would have been a point and shoot job. He still hasn't fully translated his quite useful flat form to hurdles yet and his current mark looks very manageable but if he were mine i'd be taking any guilt edged opportunities that were presented to me. A lot can go wrong in a 30 runner handicap round the inside track in Leopardstown.
Report hupouthat December 27, 2011 11:48 PM GMT
lads do ye realise that we are being taken as mugs

just watch the difference in riding style on reizovic and groody hill
the stewards are either blind or involved in the rip off

a pure joke

the in jp pocket
Report hupouthat December 27, 2011 11:52 PM GMT
they trying to set him up for the  mcr hurdle
Report hupouthat December 27, 2011 11:53 PM GMT
i repeat they are setting him up the tramps
Report DECALEC December 28, 2011 12:36 AM GMT
and i thought ye had the hiccupsGrin
Report Blackwater December 28, 2011 7:54 AM GMT
A few of the gravy train merchants in the racing media have been kocking the forum lately.

But the key question with certain horses is whether or not their form is legit, and at least that subject gets debated here.

FWIW, having watched the replay of that race several times this morning, I don't think the fav or 2nd-fav were ever placed to challenge.

RTE's camerawork was excellent (up until the inevitable zoom-in up the home straight Angry) so everyone's free to watch and make up their own mind.
Report punchestown December 28, 2011 10:33 AM GMT
Trainer said before the race he was concerned about the trip being on the short side so they hold him up out the back off a normal pace-yeah that's the way to make it a stamina test alright.
Report hardlyuseless December 28, 2011 10:46 AM GMT
Blackwater, you must work for RTE or else you back horses that like to front-run! The camera work from leopardstown is a complete joke.
Report Tolmi December 28, 2011 10:56 AM GMT
Speaking of camerawork is there any chance the cameraman at Limerick would keep the leader in view jumping the last 2 flights.
Report hardlyuseless December 28, 2011 1:32 PM GMT
Must be a new tv director at Leopardstown. Thrilling to see all the horses jumpd all the fences.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl December 31, 2011 11:01 AM GMT
Seems some racing hack has brought Scottish Boogie to the attetion of Pat Keane.......catchmeifyoucan ahead of the posse again Wink
Report wildmanfromborneo January 1, 2012 5:23 PM GMT
I think Reizovic has Coral Cup in mind.McManus bought Woodville Lady on the strength of her third to Reizovic at Naas, gives you an idea how highly they think of Reizovic.
Woodville Lady won unwanted today at Fairyhouse in the style of a decent mare.
Report paddywhacker1970 January 1, 2012 7:07 PM GMT
Was she unwanted, Wildman? Drifted in the morning, but solid late support. Won like a nice mare for sure.
Report robo January 1, 2012 7:10 PM GMT
She shortened from 11/2 to 9/2 on the show,i dont know who didnt want her but i fancy it may well have been the people who laid her.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 1, 2012 7:16 PM GMT
She was ridden like it was unwanted,she may have shortened in Fairyhouse but she certainly didn`t shorten on here.
Report robo January 1, 2012 7:20 PM GMT
Maybe she was unwanted,i havent a clue,but to me she was always travelling like a winner and was plenty close enough all the way around.
Report paddywhacker1970 January 1, 2012 7:31 PM GMT
So every horse that is ridden with a bit of patience is automatically assumed as being unwanted?
Report wildmanfromborneo January 1, 2012 7:37 PM GMT
No it was the lack of urgency the moving into the rail and then moving out plus the drift here.
I backed Double Double and just got the impression throughout the race that Woodville Lady was not a danger,unwanted does not mean stopped.
Report paddywhacker1970 January 1, 2012 7:46 PM GMT
Fair enough, I have you now. Thanks for clarifying.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 5, 2012 11:37 PM GMT
Cool
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 9, 2012 8:46 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan 27 Dec 11 15:44
Just watched the replay again......

While you boyos will be keeping an eye on REIZOVIC, I'd also keep the other eye on [u]Scottish Boogie imho[/u] - from the Wilmott & Byrnes bedfellows

If You Lie Down with Dogs,........

Spoilesports Com Hurdle - Winner  2012-01-28

Reizovic (6) , Scottish Boogie (7) , Askthemaster (12) , Make A Track (14) , Olofi (14) , Cass Bligh (16) , Citizenship (16) , Bay Of Kotor (20) , Blazing Tempo (20) , Dul Ar An Ol (20) , First In The Queue (20) , Leah Claire (20) , Our Monty (20) , Plan A (20) , Quiscover Fontaine (20) , Sailors Warn (20) , Strain Of Fame (20) , Temlett (20) , Baby Whizz (25) , Il Fenomeno (25)  - Others  25 or more Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com