Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
scoobyknows
03 Jul 11 10:44
| Topic/replies: 6,144 | Blogger: scoobyknows's blog
2 million black hole,Manager losing 20,000 a day to PP..!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 202
By:
scoobyknows
When: 03 Jul 11 10:45
Whats his forum name ??
By:
kincsem
When: 03 Jul 11 10:56
Money Free ?
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 03 Jul 11 11:01
I noticed a story in The Star yesterday about how he had gone 'missing'. Laugh
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 03 Jul 11 11:04
I know the person doing the betting has to take responsibility but it really gets on my nerves when i hear these stories. The bookmakers are vile, happy to take whopper bets off losers with cronic gambling addiction who have 0% chance of winning yet when somebody with half a brain cell tries to have a bet they limit you and you have to work ways around to get a few hundred quid on (i mainly back greyhounds by the way)
By:
workrider
When: 03 Jul 11 11:30
agree premier , whoever took those bets should have questions to answer ....if any were took ....we all know that feeling , sorry sir but i cant take that bet ,yet people getting massive amounts on simply because they are habitual losers ....something that should be highlighted again and again ...its to easy for the bookies to continue to say we dont ask them were the money comes from ...yet reports from lots on here of having minuscule amounts refused...
By:
reb
When: 03 Jul 11 12:48
Was there a picture of a scantily-clad female, holding a betting slip, accompanying the story ?
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 03 Jul 11 13:35
The postal manager who went missing following the discovery of a €2m fraud at Gorey Post Office is believed to have been losing €20,000 a day gambling online with Paddy Power.

It is understood that Tony O'Reilly, 36, who disappeared last Wednesday on his way from his home in Carlow to his work in Gorey Post Office, has since been in contact with a family member from an internet connection in Northern Ireland.

Gardai and postal authorities are now investigating the massive fraud -- which this weekend could have risen to €2m -- and have interviewed members of staff after an internal audit discovered the "black hole" in the finances of the post office branch.

Mr O'Reilly, who lives in Carlow town, has been missing for the past four days.

Last night Paddy Power said it could not comment on individual clients: "Our relationship with our customers is private and we do not discuss individual customers. Should any of our customers have an issue with gambling, we have many measures in place to assist them."

Up to yesterday there had been no sighting of Mr O'Reilly or his car. He did not have his passport when he disappeared after telling his wife he was on the way to work.

The full extent of the alleged fraud was not determined until Friday after post office chiefs were alerted to financial irregularities.

Gardai called in the assistance of the garda fraud squad as they stepped up their inquiries into the disappearance of the cash.

Gardai are anxious to interview all of the staff in the post office, including Mr O'Reilly.

Mr O'Reilly left his home at 6.30am to drive to the post office in Gorey. His wife Lorraine (nee O'Grady), a native of Skeaghvonsteen, Graignamanagh, Co Kilkenny, became concerned when she received a text message from his work mobile stating that he had been involved in a car crash near Tullow while on his way to work.

Mrs O'Reilly helped gardai in Gorey garda station with their inquiries throughout Friday before returning home. Later she went to her parents' home in Skeaghvonsteen for fear of media attention after news of her husband's disappearance became public.

It is also understood that gardai are examining the content of the text message to his wife which was not the usual English grammar he used when texting home.

Internal auditors were present in Gorey Post Office throughout last Wednesday and it's believed they also received a text message from Mr O'Reilly stating that he had crashed in Tullow.

A garda source said yesterday that all CCTV footage along the route from Carlow to Gorey was being examined by them in a bid to piece together his movements. Of the tapes examined so far, his car has not been spotted.

Officers are examining phone records and it is understood a text message sent from his work mobile was last picked up from a telecommunications mast in Gorey on Wednesday morning.

There has been no contact from him since then and his Volkswagen Golf car has not been located.

After it was established that he had not turned up at work that morning, gardai at Gorey and Carlow were notified. Officers were initially concerned that Mr O'Reilly might have been abducted as part of a tiger kidnap by a crime gang targeting a ransom in the post office.

Mr O'Reilly, the father of a 10-month-old daughter, normally carried two mobile phones but neither has been in use since then. There have been no recent transactions in his bank accounts.

Gardai said his disappearance is being treated at this stage as a missing person case but acknowledged they would be anxious to speak to him along with all the other staff at the post office as their inquiries progressed into fraud.

Members of Mr O'Reilly's family and dozens of friends and acquaintances have been searching the mountains in Wicklow and also checking side roads on the route between Carlow town and Gorey over the past three days in a bid to establish some clues as to his whereabouts.

A full inquiry has now been initiated by An Post's internal investigation unit and will be carried out in parallel with the garda investigation.

- NIAMH HORAN, JIM CUSACK and BRENDAN FURLoNG in CARLOW
By:
ballaman68
When: 03 Jul 11 14:04
Careful what you read in the paper lads , during an incident I was approached by numerous papers looking for "information" .all they really wanted was the dirt on the people involves and "local sources" were the yahoos in the pub who would hardly know the time of day.

With one paper i clarified two errors that they had made in the previous days paper, the following day they still couldnt get those facts correct.

The money involved has gone from €1m to €2 in two days and who the hell would know if he was losing €20k a day gambling.

all the papers are interested in are salacious gossip and heresay , the facts can come out at a later stage.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 03 Jul 11 14:12
It wasn't punting horses apparently, t'was Texas Holdem Poker allegedly
By:
rule4 will apply
When: 03 Jul 11 15:07
a sad sad story, with  what could turnout to be a tragic ending. Repeated many times every year no doubt. It is time for somebody in the government to take a stand on gambling regulation. For the small few who profit from the current gambling regulations, far too many lives are ruined Sad
By:
Ernie__Bert
When: 03 Jul 11 16:51
totally agree rule4.. carnage all over the place.
By:
TradeFair
When: 03 Jul 11 17:28
Good post ballaman68. A wife and a 10 month old child. It's all a bit tragic.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Jul 11 20:43
This is where Bigwillystyle is from,please tell me it isnt so.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Jul 11 21:05
He does have a young family, tragic stuff, BWS come back home.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Jul 11 21:10
Definitely no family.
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 03 Jul 11 21:16
Wildclown i am not from there.  Have you taken your tablets?  If i had €2 Million i would be even more successfull than i am now
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Jul 11 21:21
You have close ties with a well known Wexford trainer,were in Cardiff for the Heineken Cup supporting Leinster,you are from that neck of the woods alright.
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 03 Jul 11 21:24
I have no ties with a Wexford trainer.  I presume you are talking about Colm Murphy because i put up a horse of his. I dont know him, never met him and know nobody connected from his stable.  I dont rely on word from a yard.  I do support Leinster but am not from Wexford.
By:
observerirl
When: 03 Jul 11 21:29
Can anybody confirm with certainty that PP is the firm that capitalised on this person disease?
By:
Timeforchange
When: 03 Jul 11 21:31
If he was playing poker someone else would have made the money.
By:
mincer11
When: 03 Jul 11 21:32
This is not a joking matter wildman ya complete idiot,this mans life is ruined because of his addiction ,and you poke fun at the guy.I don't see much humour here in this unfortunate episode
By:
TradeFair
When: 03 Jul 11 21:36
It's a story I rather have never read about. His poor wife.
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 03 Jul 11 21:36
Wildman has being showing himself up lately.  I feel sorry for the guy, terrible position to be in.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Jul 11 21:39
Wouldnt expect you to Mincer as you lack a sense of humour but nice to see you getting sensitive to the problems of others.I always knew there was a sensitive side to The Lavender mob but with ye all being in close proximity to each other it was bound to happen.
By:
mincer11
When: 03 Jul 11 21:48
I'm not sure what kind of sense of humour is required in this instance wildman,I myself find it very distasteful,as an earlier poster says this could lead to a tragic finish,even more tragic than it is already.For somebody to make fun about something as serious as this is quite simply disgusting.If it was your own son or daughter I don't think you would be quite as jocular,it portrays you in a rather poor light
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 03 Jul 11 21:53
Agree Mincer.  Wildman comments in very poor taste.  He tries to come across as the sensible mature poster on the forum but the truth is far different.  He makes Wonky look like a brain surgeonLaugh
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Jul 11 21:57
Man embezzles two million from Post Office loses it playing cards on line and Mincer thinks it is some kind of Greek tragedy,this from a man who with his allies or other user names hassled Workrider for ages on here,has spent every waking minute of his life watching for posts to snipe at.
A good film for you to watch would be the Ealing comedy Kind Hearts and Coronets,you will understand why after viewing.
By:
mincer11
When: 03 Jul 11 22:10
I don't have to watch a film to know what kind of a self righteous bolllix you are wildman,you have shown your true colours here,laughing at a man who has ruined his life because of a chronic addiction,an addiction that was never reported by unscrupulous people.At what stage do these people notify Gam Care,maybe when he crashes through the 3 million barrier.You wildman may find this funny,I think and hope you are in the minority
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 03 Jul 11 22:13
Wildman you have shown yourself up again.  Shame on you
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Jul 11 22:18
Surely tis you thats being self righteous or do you not know what it means,maybe Bigwillystyle will explain but then again maybe not.
By:
kavvie
When: 03 Jul 11 22:22
usually the poker element of pp or simlilar sites are run by others.so id imagine pp in this case arnt culpable.you can play poker online on thousands of sites..
By:
mincer11
When: 03 Jul 11 22:27
Two people found this shocking incident funny ,wildman and rocketfingers,enough said really.To say that powers didn't know this was going on is pretty hard to swallow
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Jul 11 22:28
The next time a drug addict mugs an old lady Mincer can be part of his defence,not his fault at all twas the addiction that done it.
By:
mincer11
When: 03 Jul 11 22:38
That has no relevance whatsoever to this case you idiot ,I have conversed far too long with your like this evening.You have shamed yourself this night,the only thing I can think of is that you are on medication or some mind altering substance,if that is the case then maybe the forum may look on you differently ,if not you should really have a good look at what you wrote.I for one pray that this incident doesn't finish even worse than it is,you on the other hand will be having a laugh at this poor mans expense
By:
scoobyknows
When: 03 Jul 11 22:45
Spot on Wildman..!
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Jul 11 22:48
Mincer while your praying say an extra one for Seanie Fitzpatrick and David Drumm because their sad addiction story could also end in the implied way you outlined.This thinly veiled threat could also have been used by the people you pursued relentlessly on here but unlikely as they were men.
By:
scoobyknows
When: 03 Jul 11 22:48
Not good PR for PP,though no point in saying I would not have bled him myself given the chance..!
By:
workrider
When: 03 Jul 11 23:44
Thank god wonky is still with us , another few years he will have cleared the whole place .
By:
workrider
When: 03 Jul 11 23:46
mincer11     28 Jun 11 12:50 
I think its one of the all time great posts that is the initial one  .Wonky looking for sympathy for not having cancer and actually getting it .Pity wildclown wasnt around that time,at least now he can offer his condolences.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com