Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Giant Strides
09 Mar 10 15:31
| Topic/replies: 4,814 | Blogger: Giant Strides's blog
What would you consider an acceptable price for a horse to win 2 ante post races? 6 days apart.
The first of which he`s quoted at 14s, and the second at 16s, for which his participation is probably dependent on him winning the first.
The first quote I`ve got was 50`s, which I chuckled at.
Pause Switch to Standard View Odds gurus on here please
Show More
Report crouchingtiger1 March 9, 2010 3:39 PM GMT
obv depends on the race but assuming it's the imperial cup... and something like the triumph i'd suggest 14/1 to win the imperial cup, 4/1 for triumph = 74/1

suggest ur better off backing him for the imperial cup and for the second race in advance in the knowledge that if he doesn't perfom well in the first he's likely not to run and therefore u don't do ur dough
Report Giant Strides March 9, 2010 3:43 PM GMT
I would say he is quite unlikely to get into the 2nd race if he doesn`t pick up a penalty in the first.
Report hammy March 9, 2010 3:47 PM GMT
Id just back him for the triumph nrnb.
Report hammy March 9, 2010 3:47 PM GMT
Or whatever the 2nd race is.
Report Rowley Mile March 10, 2010 7:08 PM GMT
Back him to win the imperial cup and roll up the winnings e.g €10e/w pays €195, put 97.5e/w or the whole lot on to win ath the new price. It's the same principal as asking the bookmaker for a special price but he usually keeps loads for himself in case it wins impressively. Also this way you can nack it best price with whatever firm.
Report Giant Strides March 11, 2010 12:05 AM GMT
Thanks to the ones who bothered to reply. I shopped around today. Several wouldn`t quote me a price but I had a hunch one independent would oblige and they duly did. Got €25 on @ 100/1. Good firm.
Report roadrunner46 September 30, 2018 8:41 AM BST
no doubt the bet lostLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com