Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Giant Strides
09 Mar 10 15:31
| Topic/replies: 4,814 | Blogger: Giant Strides's blog
What would you consider an acceptable price for a horse to win 2 ante post races? 6 days apart.
The first of which he`s quoted at 14s, and the second at 16s, for which his participation is probably dependent on him winning the first.
The first quote I`ve got was 50`s, which I chuckled at.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 7
By:
crouchingtiger1
When: 09 Mar 10 15:39
obv depends on the race but assuming it's the imperial cup... and something like the triumph i'd suggest 14/1 to win the imperial cup, 4/1 for triumph = 74/1

suggest ur better off backing him for the imperial cup and for the second race in advance in the knowledge that if he doesn't perfom well in the first he's likely not to run and therefore u don't do ur dough
By:
Giant Strides
When: 09 Mar 10 15:43
I would say he is quite unlikely to get into the 2nd race if he doesn`t pick up a penalty in the first.
By:
hammy
When: 09 Mar 10 15:47
Id just back him for the triumph nrnb.
By:
hammy
When: 09 Mar 10 15:47
Or whatever the 2nd race is.
By:
Rowley Mile
When: 10 Mar 10 19:08
Back him to win the imperial cup and roll up the winnings e.g €10e/w pays €195, put 97.5e/w or the whole lot on to win ath the new price. It's the same principal as asking the bookmaker for a special price but he usually keeps loads for himself in case it wins impressively. Also this way you can nack it best price with whatever firm.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 11 Mar 10 00:05
Thanks to the ones who bothered to reply. I shopped around today. Several wouldn`t quote me a price but I had a hunch one independent would oblige and they duly did. Got €25 on @ 100/1. Good firm.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 30 Sep 18 08:41
no doubt the bet lostLaugh
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel