Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
addiction
08 Dec 09 21:50
| Topic/replies: 1,124 | Blogger: addiction's blog
what are ye thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View The Budget '09
Show More
Report Shabba.... December 9, 2009 3:28 PM GMT
What did he say about smokes? up or down didnt hear that bit
Report rule4 will apply December 9, 2009 3:28 PM GMT
fook that....thats uny for bad land imo! :p
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 3:28 PM GMT
50c on scripts
Report THE PLUMBER December 9, 2009 3:28 PM GMT
stay same price
Report Biodiesel December 9, 2009 3:28 PM GMT
12.5% corp tax stays
Report Chester J Lampwick December 9, 2009 3:29 PM GMT
That 50c is justified most of the medicines I prescribe are left in drawers or thrown out. ONce had a woman throw out 300 euro worth of drugs in front of me
Report Shabba.... December 9, 2009 3:29 PM GMT
The dealers will be laughing all the way to the bank when will this gov ever learn
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 3:30 PM GMT
should just buy generic drugs instead
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 3:30 PM GMT
state*
Report downallstar December 9, 2009 3:31 PM GMT
cheap travel for old yanks......
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 3:31 PM GMT
pay off for the kennedys....jaysus
Report spurs to buy big December 9, 2009 3:32 PM GMT
great news about KennedyLand theme park....sounds awesome ffs
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 3:33 PM GMT
soooooooooooo out of touch.
Report Shabba.... December 9, 2009 3:33 PM GMT
Single mothers and families struggling and they care more about building a shrine for ted kennedy
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 3:33 PM GMT
so what story with dole?

100 for 20-21
150 for 22-24 for the "weekends"

then did he say anybody offereda job and refuses gets 150 or is that just for certain age limit
Report awesome impact December 9, 2009 3:33 PM GMT
HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :^0
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 3:34 PM GMT
yep**gy
Report awesome impact December 9, 2009 3:34 PM GMT
i think that was for over 25s**gy
Report spurs to buy big December 9, 2009 3:34 PM GMT
the chappaquidick water ride will be some attraction
Report rule4 will apply December 9, 2009 3:34 PM GMT
'it is working'... laughable.
Report Biodiesel December 9, 2009 3:35 PM GMT
theme park the budget sweetner!! cant wait for it to open!!
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 3:35 PM GMT
150 for anyone who refuses..4.1 % cut from 204
Report downallstar December 9, 2009 3:35 PM GMT
spurs to buy big 09 Dec 16:32

great news about KennedyLand theme park....sounds awesome ffs

:^0
Report rule4 will apply December 9, 2009 3:35 PM GMT
spurs to buy big 09 Dec 16:34

the chappaquidick water ride will be some attraction

:D
Report Chester J Lampwick December 9, 2009 3:35 PM GMT
150 for the weekend is that on top of the 204. Oh to be 22-24 again
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 3:36 PM GMT
fair play- cant argue with that

if they wont take a job, stuff em

that means if we had a proper job centre we could get most down to 150
Report awesome impact December 9, 2009 3:36 PM GMT
yes agree its a good idea, if they refuse a job drop their dole. will stop the people who have been on the dole for the last 15 years, enough of them in my area X-(
Report Shabba.... December 9, 2009 3:37 PM GMT
I think thats the problem**gy there's not enough places for everyone
Report awesome impact December 9, 2009 3:37 PM GMT
and there in the pub nearly every night X-(
Report tobywong. December 9, 2009 3:37 PM GMT
severe and serious strikes ahead i would think
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 3:37 PM GMT
join them ffs lol
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 3:38 PM GMT
yes shabba so those people will stay on 204 until economy picks up but those offered jobs and refuses gets 150

thats logical, maybe should be harsher
Report Chester J Lampwick December 9, 2009 3:39 PM GMT
A lot of those on the dole are so useless they will never get offered a job but will instead have to attend training I assume
Report Shabba.... December 9, 2009 3:39 PM GMT
I agree with you**gy if you refuse a job it shld be cut further it will get people of there hole
Report spurs to buy big December 9, 2009 3:44 PM GMT
six million for horse and dogs
Report galwaygunner December 9, 2009 3:45 PM GMT
is the dole the same for people over 24
Report colb December 9, 2009 3:45 PM GMT
is the mortage relief extension for those in negative equity only ?? Sure thats half the country at this stage
Report irishlad December 9, 2009 3:52 PM GMT
http://www.rte.ie/news/features/budget2010/speech/speech.html

Full speech.
Report Shabba.... December 9, 2009 3:55 PM GMT
Just listening to RTE now ministers are suppose to take a 15% cut but one of the lads on the panel has just turned around to dermot ahearn and said its a smokescreen and he will only be taking a 5% cut.. very interesting to see if they are really taking the 15% cut utter travesty if there not
Report irishracing December 9, 2009 3:58 PM GMT
im 21 an on joseekers. my stamps mean currently i am on 160.10 per week. is the 100euro per wk for NEW APPLICANTS? Am i exempt as i have already signed on? lucky i am a good professional gambler
Report spurs to buy big December 9, 2009 4:02 PM GMT
yes ur a vested member ....only appies to newbies
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 4:03 PM GMT
new appliciant but assume you'd have to take a job if offered one

they left the basic dole unchaged at 204.50- how are they cutting a supposed 1.3 billion by just hitting the young

they better be vicious with people refusing work and have real steps in place to carry this out- we dont have job centres like uk
Report awesome impact December 9, 2009 4:04 PM GMT
the problem is they have to apply for the jobs to be offered them :^0
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 4:05 PM GMT
dole down to 196......btw burton and bruton are fkn brutal.no wonder ff are still in power
Report bobbybocala December 9, 2009 4:07 PM GMT
they will be taking the full fifteen..hes saying they should have taken a 10% cut already this year so in reality there only taking a 5% cut..
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 4:08 PM GMT
also no mention of rent allowence, guess the landlords and buy to let shower are untouched.
Report Shabba.... December 9, 2009 4:10 PM GMT
There's 100 of 000's on the dole unless they have something in place where there's enough jobs for everyone to go around then all of this will not work its very easy to apply for a job and get turned down another shambles from tis gov.... NO MONEY MORE PROBLEMS
Report irishracing December 9, 2009 4:11 PM GMT
A vested member SPURS TO BUY BIG u are a gas man.
Report Shabba.... December 9, 2009 4:11 PM GMT
bobbybocala 09 Dec 17:07

they will be taking the full fifteen..hes saying they should have taken a 10% cut already this year so in reality there only taking a 5% cut..

I get ya now man was unsure about it just when it was mentioned I thought wat the fcuk
Report soapp December 9, 2009 4:12 PM GMT
any word on betting tax. Someone said to me 20%

Cheers.
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 4:14 PM GMT
rent is the biggest issue that went unanswered alright

both commercial and social

the landlords should bear the most pain in this recession, those who thought they could buy a second or third apartment for a nice investment must suffer-

mortgage relierf is wrong too- we need the housing market to correct itself- only then will we see investment again
Report thegalwayman December 9, 2009 4:20 PM GMT
You are getting more and more stupid**gykev.
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 4:23 PM GMT
how??

we will never recover unless we correct the housing market- too many vested interests are keeping it propped up

people have huge mortgages as they overpaid for houses- are we supposed to keep the prices artificially high so they don't go into too much negative equity
Report thegalwayman December 9, 2009 4:24 PM GMT
rent is the biggest issue that went unanswered alright

both commercial and social

the landlords should bear the most pain in this recession, those who thought they could buy a second or third apartment for a nice investment must suffer-

nonsense that only an idiot could spout.
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 4:33 PM GMT
i'll stand up for that

shops are closing right left and centre due to high rents
the government should also have moved for big reductions they pay private landlords for social housing
Report glenivy December 9, 2009 4:35 PM GMT
how many times has joan burton quoted someone?
Report Doyler1987 December 9, 2009 4:44 PM GMT
Hate to be trying to get your point across now when everyone has buggered off :^0
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 4:50 PM GMT
typical galwayman has a stupid dig then fecks off because he has no proper point to his argument

just a sour pr1ck who'd argue black is white with no rhyme or reason
Report spurs to buy big December 9, 2009 4:54 PM GMT
rent allowance reform would hurt all them coppers stuck with 3 or 4 houses ....there suffering enough poor lads
newstalk s lunch with eammon keane yesterday featured them
......twould bring a tear to a glass eye
Report thegalwayman December 9, 2009 4:57 PM GMT
Shops are not closing due to high rents- they are closing due to a lack of sales.

Demanding that the government do something about residential rents is absolutely ridiculous. Rents are determined by what people are willing to pay. This is known as market value.

Typical galwayman, buggering off because he does not see the point in arguing with a fool.
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 4:57 PM GMT
tough

thats what got us in this mess in the first place
we have only just pulled at the plaster a wee bit again- we need to yank the fecker off.

this whole crisis can be pointed to one thing

housing- mortgages and rent

if we hadnt big mortgages and high rents that would leave us with more disposable income.

the only way we can get them down is stop propping them up and allow supply and demand find the correct level
Report shaggykev December 9, 2009 4:59 PM GMT
the government pays private landlords for social housing

they should be demanding they drop their rent considerably
thats my point
private renters would follow by simple supply and demand
Report Barney Rock December 9, 2009 5:10 PM GMT
Never thought i'd say it, but that Sinn Fein lad is talking a bit of sense.
Report workrider December 9, 2009 5:11 PM GMT
very good point**gykev , massive amount of money going to these money grabbing landlords , we are payiny through the teeth for something that should be taxed to the max.landlands have made huges amounts over the years from the irish goverment . been a landlord is like having your own goldmine .
Report timberman December 9, 2009 5:12 PM GMT
How does this budget affect travellers with ten children??....how much would they need to be earning if they were to return to ( sorry do a days work i meant)...getting an extra 4 euro a child per week on their dole so that would be 650 a week dole plus free accomadation and medical card and a few other bits & pieces call that 2700 a month dole 700 towards housing 200 med card thats 3600 a month which would be 43k nett which would equate to a job of 60k per annum...not bad...
Report celticboy December 9, 2009 5:47 PM GMT
Heard a fellow in the local last night saying he gets €750 per month rent allowance for a single flat (in an old house in Dublin 6w, so I am sure it is well paid for by the landlord) .. as far as I could make out - this is 100% of the rent.
Report applehunter December 9, 2009 6:06 PM GMT
timberman...change the record.
Report thegalwayman December 9, 2009 6:16 PM GMT
The only thing worse than arguing with one fool is arguing with 2 fools. Especially when the second fool is the biggest fool to ever post on this forum.
Report tumbles December 9, 2009 7:19 PM GMT
Well proves once again that the country is run in the interests of the gombeen men who bankroll the imbeciles who fill the Dáil. Biggest laugh though has to be where they had their dinner last weekend. Actually sums this kip up in a nutshell. Drunken buffoons ranting about teachers and nurses and guards in a hotel owned by ...., well anyone with any knowledge of this bananna republic knows who what I am talking about and I don't want to have my head blown off........
Report timberman December 9, 2009 7:34 PM GMT
applehunter..the record i refer to is one of the reasons the country is on the rocks....turning a blind eye to this parasite culture is costing us all bundles of money not to mind making people think twice about bothering to get a job...
Report Vubiant December 9, 2009 8:07 PM GMT
What Timberman is saying is only simple common sense.
Anyone who isn't wearing their misted-up politically correct goggles can see this.
Report badger's back December 9, 2009 8:13 PM GMT
spot on tumbles ;)

dole should have been cut in half for long term unemployed with or without dependents
Report Ernie__Bert December 9, 2009 8:22 PM GMT
In this country it pays to be a criminal. The **s in the banks and the **s who have been running the country have run this country into the ground forever!! We and our kids futures and their kids futures are outside this **hole of a country. I hope Bertie and his team and the bankers cant sleep a wink every night.
Report Santry December 9, 2009 8:22 PM GMT
My memory is long and revenge will be sweet . Roll on the next Election and hopefully the people of this country will consign these buffoons to history .
Report Ernie__Bert December 9, 2009 8:24 PM GMT
Santry , all politicians are corrupt. I will never vote again. It makes me sick to see these**bags do what they want and destroy our lives forever.
Report Santry December 9, 2009 8:29 PM GMT
There is a mood in the country for massive change in the way we are governed . None of the political parties have yet to fully tune into this mood . On the other hand people will re-elect Ahern,Lowry,O'Donoghue et all . Maybe we deserve what we get .
Report Ernie__Bert December 9, 2009 8:33 PM GMT
No politicians should run a country. Bertie Ahern let the banks off with crazy credit and in doing so meant he was raking it again to buy elections. Its simple really. He never gave any thought to the future or listened to several warnings.
Report Win only - Sp only December 9, 2009 8:39 PM GMT
when does big bird put you to bed?
Report Ernie__Bert December 9, 2009 8:43 PM GMT
ha ha
Report The Padster December 9, 2009 8:50 PM GMT
Necessary budget, at last the public sector was tackled.
Report Patsy Indy Cline December 9, 2009 9:23 PM GMT
Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

If we are all putting our shoulder to the wheel why should almost 50% of the workforce not pay any tax ?

I propose to include all on the minimum wage be included in the tax net at a rate of 5%.
Report BraveInca2006. December 9, 2009 9:24 PM GMT
I am sure i will get shot down for this but todays Budget was the first step on the road to some sort of economic normalacy and was framed as best as the Department of Finance could. I would have liked to see the PRSI threshold abolished, another couple of % added to the standard rate of income tax and a 2-3% cut in dole payments for the over 25s. There is an argument that we could have and should have gone even harder today. This is Part 1 of 4.

I have a lot of sympathy for anyone trying to frame a Budget in an economy with a Budget deficit in excess of 12%, deflation of 6% and government debt to GDP spiralling from 40% towards 100%. Any form of stimulus plan is simply impossible. I have zero sympathy for them in relation to the overall situation as I would love to see the likes of McCreevy, Ahern, Harney, Cowen et al strung up by the neck outside the GPO. Their short term policies have mortgaged the future of this country for the next generation. No doubt outside of Dublin they will still find themselves with 30-40% of the vote come the next General Election. Civil war politics will never leave us.
Report BraveInca2006. December 9, 2009 9:24 PM GMT
I am sure i will get shot down for this but todays Budget was the first step on the road to some sort of economic normalacy and was framed as best as the Department of Finance could. I would have liked to see the PRSI threshold abolished, another couple of % added to the standard rate of income tax and a 2-3% cut in dole payments for the over 25s. There is an argument that we could have and should have gone even harder today. This is Part 1 of 4.

I have a lot of sympathy for anyone trying to frame a Budget in an economy with a Budget deficit in excess of 12%, deflation of 6% and government debt to GDP spiralling from 40% towards 100%. Any form of stimulus plan is simply impossible. I have zero sympathy for them in relation to the overall situation as I would love to see the likes of McCreevy, Ahern, Harney, Cowen et al strung up by the neck outside the GPO. Their short term policies have mortgaged the future of this country for the next generation. No doubt outside of Dublin they will still find themselves with 30-40% of the vote come the next General Election. Civil war politics will never leave us.
Report Chester J Lampwick December 9, 2009 9:29 PM GMT
Having people completely out of the tax net is a joke I agree 5% or so nominal interest
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby December 9, 2009 9:35 PM GMT
whatever about the budget, joan bruton is one of the most irritating human beings ever to have inhabited this planet.
Report downallstar December 9, 2009 9:41 PM GMT
she may be, but she was right, whereas that ff mouth piece Ryan was just spouting the new government spiel!
Report spurs to buy big December 9, 2009 11:27 PM GMT
yes mansfield is a total cnut
Report spurs to buy big December 9, 2009 11:31 PM GMT
shes annoying alrite ,,,,,,and making fun of domestic violence was outrageous ffs
Report CailiniDeas8 December 10, 2009 9:48 AM GMT
if only tubbsy was here.

;-)
Report Upthewaterhill December 10, 2009 1:56 PM GMT
'Sinn Féin's Caoimhghín
Report TheMust December 10, 2009 6:37 PM GMT
"Being a landlord is like having your own goldmine"

That is surely the stupidest comment posted on here this year.
Report jackdaws December 10, 2009 8:12 PM GMT
too right upwaterhiil we are a nation of moaners... we are getting what was coming to us,a proper reality check
Report dc December 10, 2009 8:56 PM GMT
Report Vubiant December 10, 2009 9:33 PM GMT
**gykev- you normally post good sensible stuff but you're mistaken mark about landlords and their alleged vast profits .
I happen to be a landlord myself -bought an apt. 9 years ago. ..never made a profit any year since. My hope was some appreciation in the value -now that's gone down the toilet . I'm not bitter or depressed -just a little bemused and chastened by the whole experience . I invested -I did not gain . No big deal . Life goes on.
But you must realise that for most latter-day landlords -the costs and risks are huge and the gains far from assured . Unless one had large capital to start with and bought without a mortgage -I can't see how one can turn a profit.
The costs are never ending - morrgage interest , service charges , car park , repairs , replacements , fees . Last year I had to pay 3000 quid for a painting and renovation job . Also -one bad tenant and you're fu.cked.
The idea that I have some cache of property-related profit to share with the hard-pressed Irish people is simply absurd.
Report observerirl December 10, 2009 9:39 PM GMT
Vubiant, forgive me for asking and I hope you dont mind my being impertinent but why did you buy an appartment to rent?
Report Vubiant December 10, 2009 9:51 PM GMT
No bother . I myself have no business or commercial acumen whatsoever .
But about 10 years ago some of my financially savvy friends persuaded me to re-mortgage and invest in some property . They said it would be a sensible thing to do which would offer the prospect of providing some financial security for my retirement years .
What they said seemed to make sense so I duly did .
I'm sorry now I bothered bringing the headache of property on myself . The usual shambles occurred at the beginning -it took years to sort out the mess left by the first management company . They were negligent to the point of criminality.
Unless you have some grasp about commercial realities and the carry-on of the various professions you're going to be cannibalised .
Report observerirl December 10, 2009 10:22 PM GMT
You have my sympathies. Indeed shambles, mess, headache, negligence and criminality are common enough words when landords discuss their problems nowadays. A far cry from another era when landlords had all the power. You might be familiar with an anecdote about Joe Kennedy and the shoeshine boy having a discussion about stocks/shares before the Crash in the late 20's. The former was so astounded when he heard the latter discuss the markets that he knew it was time to bail out. Everybody wanted a piece of the action. Looks like a lot of people here succumbed to the property bubble. Not meant as an insult to you or anybody else but I'm trying to make sense of the mess that some people find themselves. Good Luck.
Report badger's back December 10, 2009 10:35 PM GMT
Vubiant 10 Dec 22:33
**gykev- you normally post good sensible stuff but you're mistaken mark about landlords and their alleged vast profits .
I happen to be a landlord myself -bought an apt. 9 years ago. ..never made a profit any year since. My hope was some appreciation in the value -now that's gone down the toilet . I'm not bitter or depressed -just a little bemused and chastened by the whole experience . I invested -I did not gain . No big deal . Life goes on.
But you must realise that for most latter-day landlords -the costs and risks are huge and the gains far from assured . Unless one had large capital to start with and bought without a mortgage -I can't see how one can turn a profit.
The costs are never ending - morrgage interest , service charges , car park , repairs , replacements , fees . Last year I had to pay 3000 quid for a painting and renovation job . Also -one bad tenant and you're fu.cked.
The idea that I have some cache of property-related profit to share with the hard-pressed Irish people is simply absurd.

:D :D :D
some savvy friends you have :D
Report badger's back December 10, 2009 10:55 PM GMT
boils down to greed and i have no sympathy for you :)
Report dc December 10, 2009 11:19 PM GMT
badger's back 10 Dec 23:55
boils down to greed and i have no sympathy for you :)

Badger..unless you're takin the**s that's a very weird sentiment to express on a betting forum.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com