Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
3753 Cruithne
17 Nov 09 17:55
| Topic/replies: 1,986 | Blogger: 3753 Cruithne's blog
a) by fellas shouting into mobiles/earpieces
b) by chappies with laptops and wireless connections
c) by private box renters using the course's high speed connection for an extra charge
Pause Switch to Standard View In-running punting on course in...
Show More
Report Major Rumpus November 17, 2009 6:57 PM GMT
Saw 1 guy with laptop in Ptown this weekend. Had also seen him at previous meetings there.
Report Kelly November 17, 2009 7:41 PM GMT
Not sure there would be a lot to be gained on course in Ireland , as I suspect the big in running trade is only on the UK racing . No doubt there are some , but cant see it as big business at present .

In Ireland I think there may be a few shrewdies associated with stables/ jockeys / owners who manage quite nicely out of in running , but of necessity they have better information than the rest of us , eg if the horse is dropped out early , makes a mistake early on , gets the odd slap of the whip in front of the stands on the first circuit , etc .

In running may be a bit of a godsend to a small trainer who can mop up extra value quietly without large risk . Part of the game now I suppose .
Report Biodiesel November 17, 2009 7:47 PM GMT
was going doing it....trying to get guy on the other end to back/lay was a problem
Report 3753 Cruithne November 17, 2009 8:10 PM GMT
Maybe you should give me a shout, Biodiesel...still interested in it?
Report workrider November 17, 2009 8:14 PM GMT
navan last week bookie sitting in bar with laptop , had both sis and atr in front of him, i was amazed thought they weren't allowed .
Report countychampions November 17, 2009 8:42 PM GMT
even in the bar his internet connection would be too slow,also you need the one click system like in exchange rooms...
Report workrider November 17, 2009 8:45 PM GMT
fair enough countychamp.
Report hammy November 17, 2009 9:27 PM GMT
And Dessie not to call the wrong faller helps too.
Report Doyler1987 November 17, 2009 10:04 PM GMT
You'd have to have serious amount of trust to do it over the phone, I wouldnt even do it with with some of my best mates, seeing is believing sure, could easy slip up some day. Anyone who goes off what the comms say isnt doing it properly either, as I said, seeing is believing.

This is something I've always, always, always wanted a go of though, talk about it every weekend. Only noticed one bloke at The Curragh doing it one day, spoke to him for a few minutes, couldnt get an internet connection :^0

I have Betfair Mobile opened the whole way around, the difference between being there and at home is unreal, you'd have something at 3.5ish and in my mind going to win. 1.2ish coming close enough to the line (basically race won in my view). Have 5sec refresh on the phone although its still unworkable because too many buttons to hit on a touch screen, Tocco Ultra, and there also no cancel bet option without going back through the menu, basically need a laptop to do it properly.

I think theres a bloke in the ring that trys to arb through Betfair and books there over the phone, hes never off it anyway the whole day, worse than AP, hard pushed to get a better price on course though these days.

Someone emailed me there few weeks ago about opening an exchange shop in the IFSC in December. "The room will be kitted out with Turf TV and SIS along with a super fast fibre optic broadband connection." I'd still plumb for the on course if I worked out a way of doing it without attention though.
Report chingachgook November 18, 2009 1:35 AM GMT
if your any good at race reading there's no need to go
to the track.you'll do fine at an exchange shop
Report Biodiesel November 18, 2009 1:36 AM GMT
3753 Cruithne

Send us on ur email
Report 3753 Cruithne November 18, 2009 8:29 AM GMT
cruithne@** dot co dot uk
Report 3753 Cruithne November 18, 2009 8:29 AM GMT
hot mail.co.uk
Report Eddie Batt November 18, 2009 8:41 PM GMT
if your any good at race reading there's no need to go
to the track.you'll do fine at an exchange shop

A man who joined (maybe not for the first time) in Feb 09 giving advice about race reading.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com