Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
soapp
02 Nov 09 16:01
Joined:
Date Joined: 21 Dec 06
| Topic/replies: 3,261 | Blogger: soapp's blog
Thursday 5th & Monday 16th November 2009

Cork Novice Chase Transferred To Navan Sunday 8th November

Leopardstown Rescheduled Thursday 5th November

Horse Racing Ireland has announced that the Leopardstown Meeting which was scheduled for yesterday (Sunday 1st November) but was cancelled due to waterlogging will now take place on Thursday, 5th November 2009. This meeting reverts back to the entries with weights stage and fresh declarations to run must be made by 10am. on Wednesday 4th November.
The time of the first race will be at 12.05pm.



Cork Rescheduled Monday 16th November

Horse Racing Ireland has announced that the Cork meeting which was scheduled for yesterday (Sunday 1st November) but was cancelled due to waterlogging will now take place on Monday 16th November 2009.
An amended programme for the Cork Meetings on Sunday 15th November (which will feature the Paddypower.com Cork Grand National Handicap Steeplechase) and Monday 16th November 2009 will appear in this weeks Irish Racing Calendar.

Cork Novice Chase Transferred To Navan Sunday 8th November

Horse Racing Ireland has announced that the Irish Stallion Farms European Breeders Fund Novice Steeplechase (Listed) which was scheduled for yesterdays Cork meeting (Sunday 1st November) which was cancelled due to waterlogging will now take place at Navan on Sunday 8th November 2009.
Entries for the race (310 H) must be made by 12 noon tomorrow (Tuesday 3rd November).
Pause Switch to Standard View Rescheduled meetings
Show More
Loading...
Report observerirl November 2, 2009 4:35 PM GMT
Cheers soapp. Pity that Leop clashes with the real meeting that day in Thurles.
Report soapp November 2, 2009 4:44 PM GMT
Agree Observer!!

I was hoping Cork would get the go ahead for Saturday so I could take in Cork/Limerick at the week-end.

No doubt Down Royal wanted the full spotlight on the day esp as Kauto Star misses out.

Dundalk is on that Saturday night, no doubt an excuse for the off course bookies to be open for Breeders Cup business.
Report BJG November 12, 2009 10:04 PM GMT
THE Clonmel Oil Chase card that was lost to waterlogging has been rescheduled for Wednesday, November 18 and, with an adverse weather forecast, Punchestown has altered its weekend programme to ensure racing, including Sunday's Grade 1 Dobbins & Madigans-backed Morgiana Hurdle, goes ahead.


Clonmel's new Wednesday fixture will use the same entries as had previously been made for the cancelled Thursday meeting and fresh declaration must be made by 10am on Tuesday, November 17.

Due to current ground conditions and the severe weather forecast for the days ahead, Horse Racing Ireland has agreed with Punchestown the following alterations to their Saturday and Sunday cards in order to optimise the possibility of this two-day meeting, featuring the Grade 1 Dobbins & Madigans at Punchestown Hurdle, taking place.

The www.punchestown.com Handicap Chase has been cancelled and the Bar One Racing Handicap Chase has been transferred to Sunday's card.

The Event Power Risk Of Thunder Cross Country Chase (which does not race over any part of the chase track) will still be held on Saturday's card.

The I.N.H. Stallion Owners E.B.F. Maiden Hurdle set for Sunday has been transferred to Saturday's card.

Declarations for both meetings will close by 10am on Friday November, 13.

In addition, the main track will be used on Sunday for all races, while on Saturday the inside straight will be used with the runners finishing on the main straight.
Report BJG November 16, 2009 10:35 AM GMT
Wednesday's rearranged jumps fixture at Clonmel is in doubt due to the continuing wet weather in Ireland.

The meeting, which should have taken place last Thursday and features the Clonmel Oil Chase, is subject to an 8.30am inspection on Tuesday.

"There is concern, but they want to give it every chance," said Irish Turf Club press officer Cliff Noone on Monday.

"They will wait until 8.30 in the morning, which means it is before declaration time, and will give everybody chance to reassess the situation."

The going is officially heavy.
Report dasium November 16, 2009 11:14 AM GMT
maybe that all weather track in middle tipperary, with of course its replica of the white house has some merits after all!
Report Kelly November 16, 2009 11:58 AM GMT
Afraid the weather is going to have a big say this season . May have to rearrange meetings to tracks where the going is somewhere near raceable . We just seem to be getting wetter and wetter . Tough job trying to sell Irealand as a tourist venue --even for fishing !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com