Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Giant Strides
10 Nov 09 11:24
| Topic/replies: 4,814 | Blogger: Giant Strides's blog
Possibly tonight. I think. If Shels dont win. Just in case they do, I thought it was worth mentioning. Plenty of good memories of the place which I wont bore you with, but sad to see its demise. Hope they win by the way.
Pause Switch to Standard View Last game at Tolka Park!
Show More
Report Giant Strides November 10, 2009 11:25 AM GMT
...do lose...
Report CailiniDeas8 November 10, 2009 11:37 AM GMT
What is happening down there GS?
Report Giant Strides November 10, 2009 11:41 AM GMT
All I know is it was sold to a developer las year. I`m sure olliver will enlighten us furher in due course cailini.
Report GANT007 November 10, 2009 11:43 AM GMT
Is the whole league not gone.......
Report CailiniDeas8 November 10, 2009 11:44 AM GMT
Delaney will blame it all on the worlds credit crunch no doubt.
Report ericthered7 November 10, 2009 11:55 AM GMT
Who's Olliver?
Report db1974 November 10, 2009 12:30 PM GMT
Sure what's the developer going to do with it?

Not much money building on it in this climate - make more money at the turnstiles
Report Oliver Twist November 10, 2009 3:21 PM GMT
The Evening Hearg published an article last month saying that this will be our last season in Tolka and that we shall be ground sharing with Bohs from next season onwards. Our board responded with this:

"An article in todays Evening Herald claims that Shelbourne FC will be playing out of Dalymount Park next season. Shelbourne FC confirms that discussions are ongoing with a number of parties, including Bohemian FC, about relocating from Tolka Park. However at this time no decision has been made concerning where Shelbourne FC will play its home matches next season. A further statement will be issued in due course.

Shelbourne FC Board of Management"

Doesn't really clear up which doesn't really surprise me with our board. A move to Dalyer will slowly kill the club altogether. A move to Dalyer will also be a step closer to Rentboy Delaney's wet dream of a North Dublin City franchise.

If I had a choice between a) playing premier division football in Dalyer next season or b) playing first division football in Tolka next season then option B would win hands down.

Tonight I was going to lump on Fingal but I can't back them even though they are a nice price. Usually I have no problem backing against Shels but tonight is possibly our biggest in our history. Though if we win tonight we'll have two even bigger games than this evening. High scoring game tonight I'd imagine also.
Report red manc bhoy November 10, 2009 6:39 PM GMT
bbc sport says tonights game is off
Report punkha1 November 10, 2009 7:30 PM GMT
SF 2-0 up near ht
Report Santry November 10, 2009 8:51 PM GMT
Shels 1 Fingal 2
Drogheda 2 Bray 0
Report Giant Strides November 10, 2009 11:48 PM GMT
If I had a choice between a) playing premier division football in Dalyer next season or b) playing first division football in Tolka next season then option B would win hands down.
So you`re telling me you would prefer your club stuck playing nothing matches in the First Div in a stadium that you have only occupied for the past 20 years!? What utter nonesense.
Shels haven`t just existed since you started following them and there not from Drumcondra! Had I read this earlier I would have given you the chance to admit how ridiculous a statement it was, but I guess you know now anyway because you`ve got half your wish already.
Report Oliver Twist November 12, 2009 3:21 PM GMT
GS, you're laughed at!

The majority of Shels fans would prefer to not to go to Dayler. If we go there we are f*cked! Think logically about my post above and get off your f*cking high horse. Of course we want premier division football but not at the expense of ground-sharing with gypo**. Besides we would get a bigger home support in Tolka than we would in Dayler. I despise Tolka btw, absolutely hate the place - give me an away day any day of the week please. But when it comes down to the crunch give me Shels in the first rather then helping out the filth in the premier without a doubt. Simples.
Report Giant Strides November 12, 2009 7:40 PM GMT
Whatever you`re into!?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com