Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
norn iron
09 Nov 09 09:44
| Topic/replies: 12,474 | Blogger: norn iron's blog
ANY IRISH LADS GOING FRIDAY IM MEETING UP WITH FEW LADS IF ANY1 KEEN FOR COUPLE BEERS THINK IF WE GET BOUT TEN(5 IN) WE STICK 10£ IN WINNERS TAKES ALL. THINK THE HOT WHISKEY BAR MIGHT BE STARTING PLACE IF STILL COLD :)
Pause Switch to Standard View ANYONE GOING CHELTENHAM FRIDAY?
Show More
Report closure November 9, 2009 12:52 PM GMT
It will be interesting to see what way the Irish numbers are. I'd say the executive will get a fright when they see how few Irish make the trip.
Report workrider November 9, 2009 12:58 PM GMT
true closure, i was going to go with norn and the lads , but looking at the punchestown card staying home .
Report jungleboogie November 9, 2009 1:00 PM GMT
going myself with 3 others.should be good craic
Report CailiniDeas8 November 9, 2009 1:24 PM GMT
heading over sat only.
Report norn iron November 9, 2009 2:25 PM GMT
WORKRIDER POOR CARD ON FRIDAY I THINK BUT IIL STIL GO AN PROB SUN NEVER WON ON THE SAT YET BUT IF WIN FRI ILL TRY GO 3 DAYS
Report kavvie November 9, 2009 2:37 PM GMT
i be there fri..dont drink whiskey tho!!
Report norn iron November 9, 2009 3:01 PM GMT
IM SURE KAVVIE WE GET U GUINESS OR LAGER OR IF U WIN U CAN BUY THE DRINK OF YOUR CHOICE
Report Distant View November 9, 2009 3:14 PM GMT
Poor card?

Looks a good novice hurdle but the novice chase that ends the card could be an outstanding contest.
Report norn iron November 9, 2009 3:20 PM GMT
DISTANT POOR IMO BUT ILL STILL BE THER JUST WAS LOOKING FORWARD SEE REAL GOOD HURDLE NOVICE CHASERS QUICKEST WAY POOR HOUSE BUT MAYBE IT IS LITTLE BETTER THAN I THOUGHT
Report moneypenny November 9, 2009 3:21 PM GMT
8 of us heading over and i know of plenty more going from waterford. Wont be arriving til friday evening though.
Report kavvie November 9, 2009 3:49 PM GMT
gimma a shout so during racing in the whiskey bar..?where exactly is it?i usually go up stairs for a pint
Report Isotonic. November 9, 2009 3:50 PM GMT
be over thurs night looking forward to it..
Report norn iron November 9, 2009 3:57 PM GMT
KAVVIE ILL PICK SOMEWERE IN DOORS WERE AT LEAST IT WILL BE WARM INSIDE . BE GOOD MEET FEW LADS ON HERE ,GL MY FANCY SHINING GALE OUT OFF PP SAT TRYED GET SCORE ON EARLIER MARKETS WOULDNT LOAD UP .LOL
Report BJG November 9, 2009 3:58 PM GMT
2 very good lookin races imo

The 1.50- Menorah the most impressive bumper winner here this year imo- see Philip Hobbs has it now and entered in this- tough assignment though first run over hurdles- looks a hot race

and the 4.05- looks to be a few good ones entered in this, will defo be a few Cheltenham clues in this

I see An Siorrac entered in the X-country race too, surprising imo ?:|
Report norn iron November 9, 2009 4:02 PM GMT
BJG AN SIORAC LOOKS SERIOUS TOOL IM SURPRISED IN IN CC RACE
Report BJG November 9, 2009 4:06 PM GMT
Me too :(
Report norn iron November 9, 2009 4:22 PM GMT
DISTANT VIEW DIDNT SEE THATNOVICE HURDLE SOME PRESENT/ SHINROCK PADDY/ LOOSEN MY LOAD SHOULD BE CRACKER
Report norn iron November 9, 2009 7:30 PM GMT
KAVVIE ILL BE THE 6FOOT BALD 17STONE(OMG) WITH RACIN POST AND SCAR ON HEAD 2BRAIN OPS HENCE THE caps . HOPE SEE FEW YOUS AS MEETING EASTER.THE BUS31/ORCHARDIST/JOKER AN FEW OTHERS SHOULD BE BIT CRAIC
Report kavvie November 9, 2009 7:32 PM GMT
grand il try and lick you out!!
Report countychampions November 9, 2009 7:33 PM GMT
see you there saturday..i ll be the one drinking strongbow norn.scar as well
Report kavvie November 9, 2009 7:37 PM GMT
jeez all the scars..is there something i should know?!?!?
Report kavvie November 9, 2009 7:38 PM GMT
jeez just seen my bad typo above ...PICK you out!
Report norn iron November 9, 2009 7:49 PM GMT
KAVVIE I WAS GETN EXCITED AS MY PILES STILL BLEEDING .LOL HAD 2 BRAIN OPERATIONS 5YR AGO BUT IM OK NOW APART FROM DRINK TOO MUCH AT WEEKENDS WE WILL FIND GOOD SPOT TOO MEET UP
Report KK 05 November 10, 2009 8:39 AM GMT
grand il try and lick you out!! -

A forum classic. pmsl
Report GANT007 November 10, 2009 8:47 AM GMT
An Siorrac is to be aimed at this new cross country series across europe, I heard that yesterday evening. Serious animal.
Report Deise59 November 10, 2009 10:26 AM GMT
Lads any recommendations where to watch the match on Saturday night, first time in Cheltenham
Report CailiniDeas8 November 10, 2009 10:27 AM GMT
thread on chit chat
Report KK 05 November 10, 2009 10:49 AM GMT
I can only imagine the chaos (but mighty craic) in O'Neills.
Report Isotonic. November 10, 2009 11:21 AM GMT
O neills will be absolutely thronged. went there last yr on sat for Ireland New zealand rugby and it was crazy. my advice woulde be to leave track before the last if you have no financial interest and get in there asap
Report Cranedo November 10, 2009 11:40 AM GMT
Stop shouting :(
Report moneypenny November 10, 2009 2:57 PM GMT
Id say Oneills will be madness for the game. Id say if you want to actually watch the game a quieter spot might be in order. Tailors just off the high street might not be a bad spot to watch a game
Report kavvie November 10, 2009 3:01 PM GMT
i wont go to oneills either..lots of better places to watch it..oneills will be full of people half cut
Report moneypenny November 10, 2009 3:57 PM GMT
ah sure o'neills is great craic but you could only take so much of it.
Report ATC November 10, 2009 5:04 PM GMT
will be there lads, looking forward to it

We were also wondering about spot to watch game
Report cluain meala November 10, 2009 7:32 PM GMT
Flying from Cork on Thursday. Haven't missed one since Rooster Booster won the Greatwood. A great weekend, although this may be my last trip for a while:(
For anyone interested, just around the corner from Taylors ( I think I have the location right anyway - very near the Big Sleep?) there's a greasy spoon called Del Boy's. It's in a basement with only about 5/6 tables. Jesus, there's some feed in there for £6. I made a show of myself last year. It's very rough and ready but everything apart from the tomatoes is spot on.

O'Neills is second only to the now defunct Dawn Run in the "Biggest S*ithole in the Town" stakes.
The bar inside the door and to the right in the Queen's is a short head third.
Report ATC November 10, 2009 7:35 PM GMT
where would you recommend CM? Is there anywhere in gloucester?
Report KK 05 November 10, 2009 7:41 PM GMT
Tailors is a good option if you want a proper look at the game. Plenty of screens and certainly less mayhem than O'Neill's (it may be a sh*thole but it still is mighty craic if you have the energy for it and I find the bar staff a lot sounder than some of the peacocks in Tailors).
Report cluain meala November 10, 2009 8:01 PM GMT
I've never been to Gloucester ATC, so I couldn't tell ya.
Tailors is probably your best bet. Plenty of taxi's pulling up outside the Queens, which is nearby, which is handy.
To be honest I never go too mad when I'm over so wouldn't have frequented the vast majority of the pubs (I'm getting old!). Staying out by the digs at the Golden Valley roundabout would suit me if it was on somewhere.

Sorting out the Greatwood would appeal more to me.
Report thegalwayman November 10, 2009 8:02 PM GMT
If you want nightlife, avoid Cheltenham. The place is a kip.
Report ATC November 10, 2009 8:06 PM GMT
TGM please enlighten further, you cant make such a damning condemnation without providing a viable alternative....
Report ATC November 10, 2009 8:07 PM GMT
cheers cluain, I am part of a 19 strong team of sub 30 males, so we will be hitting the town pretty hard....
Report cluain meala November 10, 2009 8:17 PM GMT
Good man. Enjoy.
When you hit the 30 mark like I have you'll give up on all that nonsense :)
Report thegalwayman November 10, 2009 8:21 PM GMT
Realistically, a 19 strong crew of males under the age of 30 will have a great time anywhere but I'd rather have gone to the Aran islands for a weekend. For what it is worth, Cheltenham nightlife during racing is brutal. The pubs are all extremely busy and are, without exception, dumps. O'Neills and the Queens hotel are the two biggest shiitholes I have ever stood in. However, if you are into hotels that feature prostitutes in the lobby and middle aged men asleep in chairs, the Queens is your only job.

The 21 club attracts a more discerning clientele. It resembles a 1 bedroom basement flat that has been tarted up for a 21st. I can only imagine that the club was established in such a fashion, hence the name.Here, if you are lucky, you might see Howard Johnson scrapping. That said, this may be the only place in town where you will encounter a woman under the age of 30 who is not 'frustrated'.

Go and enjoy the racing but this is not Las Vegas, or even Galway.
Report norn iron November 10, 2009 8:37 PM GMT
T G MAN U SHOULD STOP SITTING ON THE FENCE & SAY WHAT U MEAN .LOL I BEEN CHELT LAST 15 YEARS ITS NO WERE NEAR AS GOOD AS USED BE .MY FAV PLACE FOR THE CRAIC WAS DAWN RUN BUT ITS NOW LIVERPOOL GREAT CRAIC THERE.
Report kavvie November 11, 2009 8:32 AM GMT
tgm condems every thing and everybody.is there a more negative poster on here?i doubt it.cheltenham is a great town if you keep outside of the queens and oneills..i agree with him re the sleepers and prossies in the lobby..a sad sight really..ill watch the match in taylors for sure..
Report thegalwayman November 11, 2009 9:15 AM GMT
tgm is a forum legend.
Report downallstar November 11, 2009 3:39 PM GMT
However, if you are into hotels that feature prostitutes in the lobby and middle aged men asleep in chairs, the Queens is your only job.

:^0

Quality rant tgm!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com