Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ramruma
01 Jan 22 07:50
| Topic/replies: 14,363 | Blogger: Ramruma's blog
On a scale of 1-10, how much does it help Robbie Dunne to have you constantly reminding everyone of the case against him, iyo?
Pause Switch to Standard View No honour for Ms Goodytwoshoes - the...
Show More
Report Gagging January 3, 2022 3:58 PM GMT
Thanks Chad...
... and just to clarify for the dinosaurs here, I am not in the slightest bit woke - just pro treating everyone fairly!
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 4:02 PM GMT
Absolutely correct visor.

The jockeys I’ve spoken to are still incensed about that the rancid quote. When are the other victims of this rancid weighing room going to come forward with their cases.
Report the dealer January 3, 2022 4:28 PM GMT
Which jockeys have you spoke to hibore?

Who is incenced with the rancid quote?
Report the dealer January 3, 2022 4:49 PM GMT
If there is no evidence or no proof,why hasn't he taken her to court for defamation of character or for being libeled. If its that straightforward he must be 1.01 to win.
There may well be a reason why little has been said by him or his lawyers but if it was me and I was innocent, I would be letting the world now I was appealing and taking her to court.
Report geoff m January 3, 2022 4:56 PM GMT
Hibore03 Jan 22 16:02Joined: 23 Jun 07 | Topic/replies: 2,874 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
Absolutely correct visor.

The jockeys I’ve spoken to are still incensed about that the rancid quote. When are the other victims of this rancid weighing room going to come forward with their cases.

Just shows how thick the midgets are. toally
Report geoff m January 3, 2022 4:57 PM GMT
the dealer03 Jan 22 16:28Joined: 31 May 07 | Topic/replies: 23,822 | Blogger: the dealer's blog

Who is incenced with the rancid quote?

The thickets who dont understand what was actually said.
Report the dealer January 3, 2022 5:03 PM GMT
Everyday on here jockeys are slated as being bent, untrustworthy, cheats liars  etc Dunne and Frost included now they are suddenly all telling the truth.

You couldn't make it up
Report sparrow January 3, 2022 5:06 PM GMT
Grin
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 5:06 PM GMT
Dealer, I stay at the Ellenborough when I go to Cheltenham (most meetings) and normally few senior jockeys but mostly retired senior jockeys who work with ITV Racing stay there as well. The ones I’ve spoken to in the bar without exception say the report is bollox..there are always some bad eggs but to use the same brush to condemn them all hasn’t gone down well.

As a side note the Ellenborough is a great experience if you ever get the opportunity. The access to the track is by Range Rover or Bentley down the home straight directly into the course.
Report the dealer January 3, 2022 5:13 PM GMT
That may be the problem though, retired,senior jockeys may well think its normal behaviour, when it's not. What was acceptable 10 years ago isn't now, rightly or wrongly.
Rancid may well be a strong word to describe it but I have no doubt there is a packing order and people are supposed to accept what it is and accept what goes on.
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 5:19 PM GMT
Maybe, but they paint a very different picture to the report. Only the jockeys riding now know the truth.
Report firstimevisor January 3, 2022 5:23 PM GMT
Dunne admitted to a couple of angry outbursts and that seemed to satisfy the 3 wise men that an 18 month ban was justified.
No idea why some mitigation wasn't allowed - They both got along ok until the incident where Dunne's horse was killed. He blamed Frost's careless riding. Many senior jocks agreed that her riding is often reckless.
Frost was suspended in November for a reckless riding incident 3 out at Cheltenham. Can anybody tell me when this has happened before, ie a reckless riding offence so far out in a jumps race because I cannot think of any. How would Frost have reacted if it was her horse that was killed? Lots of tears maybe
Report geoff m January 3, 2022 5:42 PM GMT
firstimevisor
Date Joined: 09 May 10
Add contact | Send message
03 Jan 22 17:23Joined: 09 May 10 | Topic/replies: 1,306 | Blogger: firstimevisor's blog
They both got along ok until the incident where Dunne's horse was killed

If you followed the case 1st time visor you would have realised that above comment aint true tho.
Report brendrew January 3, 2022 5:51 PM GMT
mr dunne can appeal-he is a bully+ has to deal with an 18 months ban. An independent tribunal found him guilty-the evidence was corroborated by witnesses. He needs to serve his time + shouldn't be allowed to have a licence until he offers and unreserved apology to bryony Frost.
Report Chadfan January 3, 2022 6:08 PM GMT
Here we go again!
1. Mr weston did not describe the weighing room as rancid. He said if Dunne's behaviour was the norm it would be a rancid place. Totally different.
2. Anywhere else and Dunne would have been sacked on the spot. He should feel lucky he has the chance to return, if he wants to.
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 6:15 PM GMT
The jockeys’ union states that it “does not accept” the panel’s findings “in relation to the culture within and collective behaviour of the jump jockeys weighing room. It is a grossly inaccurate and wholly unfair representation of the weighing-room and a conclusion we believe is at odds with the evidence presented.” The panel itself – which is independent of the BHA – is accused of bias, with a claim that it has a “long and striking track record” of “failure ever to criticise the BHA, its case management and its processes”. And the PJA is “appalled” that Louis Weston, the BHA’s representative, characterised the weighing room as “rancid” during the proceedings.
Report Ramruma January 3, 2022 6:28 PM GMT
@firsttimevisor -- Bryony Frost got 2 days for careless riding, not reckless or dangerous. The word reckless was used by the court in the Tylicki case.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/16748902/bryony-frost-ban-paul-nicholls-cheltenham/
Report Gagging January 3, 2022 6:29 PM GMT
Hibore et al - we are seeing this 'culture' from the jock's room and its not pleasant. I doubt that BF as  a type of'whistle blower' even now is being treated fairly and with respect for what she has opened up but from the reaction of some 'senior / ex jocks' it clearly does need to be brought into the 20th century.
I can remember way back when Fallon senior got in to fights or combative situations with other jocks and and more recent incidents with scenarios where the dangerous situation of trying to get up the inside late race esp with fences has caused huge friction, but more usually there seemed more good sportsmanship and camaraderie amongst jockeys and this was frequently picked up by the media.
Flashing your little willie and in this case evidently many months of harassing and bullying should have been stopped by wiser heads. It's easy to conclude there aren't any wiser heads currently in the weighing room - this case is now over but everyone in racing needs to pay heed to the damage done and work to improve things and not let matters deteriorate again.
That won't  be done by trying to sweep things under the carpet or holding grudges - it was absolutely right to call out this poor behaviour so people clearly know what's acceptable or not - this crossed too many lines and cannot be dismissed as prolonged 'banter'.
Report G Hall January 3, 2022 6:31 PM GMT
I wonder if he abducted her,and locked her in a room,and took away her liberty, would he be revered by the racing authorities and racing media....so silly of me to think that such a ridiculous thing like that could ever happen. I must be an idiot.
Report Ramruma January 3, 2022 6:33 PM GMT
@Hibore -- the PJA has walked back from its initial statement which you quote, and (or although, depending which way you interpret the news) Paul Struthers has stepped down as PJA boss.
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 6:43 PM GMT
Ram, my post is about the weighing room and how it’s perceived after the panels report.

Not the wording of Bryony getting bullied or may have been bullied. That is the main reason Paul Struthers went.
Report Chadfan January 3, 2022 6:52 PM GMT
Please read what Mr Weston actually said!
We've been over this a thousand times and my blood pressure won't take it. So I'm off to bully the wife.
Probably the reverse will happen though.
Report LoyalHoncho January 3, 2022 7:35 PM GMT
The dealer, the reason there has been "nothing said" by Dunne or his lawyers is because the BHA still haven't published the written judgement.  How can anyone comment on something they haven't seen ffs?!
It took them an hour to verbalise their decision in the morning and still nothing in writing!
But they;ve had time to prepare a written statement for that sloppy piece of wokeness Chamberlin to read out on his weekend show!!!
Report irishone January 3, 2022 7:57 PM GMT
You can say what you want with regards the non-court case
She cant ride safely
The BHA are aware of that , she constantly cuts rivals off
By letting her horse go deliberately

Watch her in any race where she has pulled up
Prior to the PU
She ensures she lets the horse takes its last.jump on its own
She is a nightmare
And dunne was right
Report LoyalHoncho January 3, 2022 8:01 PM GMT
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this was akin to an old Soviet show trial - well-decided and prepared in advance with the media spoon-fed in order to brainwash public opinion..
Report the dealer January 3, 2022 8:05 PM GMT
LH I said "there may well be a reason" and as someone who unlike you,  has seemed to spend 24/7 on the case, I have never admitted to knowing everything that has happened. So ffs thanks for the reply.
Report the dealer January 3, 2022 8:07 PM GMT
I will refrain from further comment until he actually appeals,
Report irishone January 3, 2022 8:11 PM GMT
“It’s a great track — a big, galloping track. The ground is a bit tacky. The fences are alone and the inside is a lonely place with not many rails, so you need an honest horse......

“It took me halfway around to realise ‘ah yes Bryony, sit still and let him do it’.”

Thats her after downroyal, infatuated with rails and letting the horse do it
Report firstimevisor January 3, 2022 8:18 PM GMT
This is not about who is right and who is wrong ( neither Frost nor Dunne came out of it well), its about justice 21st century style where you have a lynch mob baying for blood because "they hate bullies" and the gutless media join the mob out of fear of being cancelled.
Report irishone January 3, 2022 8:26 PM GMT
Exactly its about bringing the game into disrepute

The "in this day and age its not acceptable" mob who support diversity, (allegedly) , suddenly decide something is unacceptable ?
Report irishone January 3, 2022 8:28 PM GMT
Some miss goody two shoes crying her eyes out in front of a kangaroo court is no reason to pull all the sport through the mire.
Report irishone January 3, 2022 8:41 PM GMT
the dealer03 Jan 22 16:28Joined: 31 May 07 | Topic/replies: 23,822 | Blogger: the dealer's blog

You wont get a definitive answer to that one because he hasnt spoken to "jockeys" (1.01 nap)
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 9:55 PM GMT
irishone 03 Jan 22 15:57 Joined: 22 Sep 06
You are now entering the realms of stalking me  hibore.
It is obvious from the above that you follow every post I make with some pathetic remark in spite of the fact I have blocked you and counldn't give a toss about your comments.
You need help .

Who is stalking who ? LaughCrazyLaughCrazy
Report Ramruma January 3, 2022 10:07 PM GMT
A kangaroo court consisting of two retired judges (not a profession normally associated with wokesters) and a former member of the FA's disciplinary committee.
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 3, 2022 10:07 PM GMT
As a side note the Ellenborough is a great experience if you ever get the opportunity. The access to the track is by Range Rover or Bentley down the home straight directly into the course.

pretentious
/prɪˈtɛnʃəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 10:38 PM GMT
https://www.ellenboroughpark.com/hotel/

Wasn’t meant to be Glasgow. It was only £250 per night for trials day in January when I booked. Need to book early.
People might not be aware of the hotel and benefits. Local hotels can be up to £200+
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 10:43 PM GMT
Sorry wasn’t  meant to be. Just answering a question and pointing out the benefits of staying there. Doubt meant people have ever heard of it.

It cost £250 twin room on Trials day in January when booked well in advance. That’s not much more than most other nice hotels around the area.
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 10:43 PM GMT
Sorry wasn’t  meant to be. Just answering a question and pointing out the benefits of staying there. Doubt meant people have ever heard of it.

It cost £250 twin room on Trials day in January when booked well in advance. That’s not much more than most other nice hotels around the area.
Report Hibore January 3, 2022 10:47 PM GMT
Need a new IPad as well. Didn’t think first post worked.
Report firstimevisor January 3, 2022 11:03 PM GMT
I presume the BHA appointed the 3 Wise Men and the BHA paid for the gig so they were unlikely to upset the paymasters by reaching the "wrong" decision. The jockeys, trainers and valets hadn't read the memo though and it all went a bit astray for the panel/BHB due to lack of evidence. But the result was decided long before the hearing began, except the punishment had to be declared.

On examination of Miss Frost's evidence and demeanour, they decided that the media darling alone was speaking the truth and that everybody else was telling porkies. The jockeys culture must change! Its not fit for purpose in 2021!

Good riddance to 2021 and the rancid culture that came with it
Report flukes January 3, 2022 11:24 PM GMT
It was only £250 per night for trials day in January when I booked. Need to book early.

Wtf does this have to do with this thread?
Report irishone January 3, 2022 11:34 PM GMT
flukes • January 3, 2022 11:24 PM GMT
It was only £250 per night for trials day in January when I booked. Need to book early.

Wtf does this have to do with this thread?

I assume that was Hibore once again giving it the big one.  Ranks alongside his "i will give you a wave from the coral box" or "taking the plunge and buying into a horse" he hasnt even got a leg of the horse. My coral account was.closed when I won a few bob so I assume they look after the losers.

Now he trolls me incessantly because I exposed him for the liar , the aftertimer and the fantasist that he really is.
Report irishone January 3, 2022 11:37 PM GMT
I think one of the " three wise men" referred to above was actually a woman. She was at the F A but her input was managed discretely.
Report Life-Lucky January 4, 2022 9:16 AM GMT
The "in this day and age its not acceptable" mob who support diversity, (allegedly) , suddenly decide something is unacceptable

Spot on, Irishone
Report Blackrock January 4, 2022 11:23 AM GMT
I've read some bollox on the forum, but nothing like the rubbish being pushed forward by the 'save Robbie' brigade.

Robbie admitted in part to bullying BF. Theres your first clue Sherlocks. Secondly, this idea that all jocks keep their horses in a straight line approaching fences, is pure fantasy. Horses wander around every day and every meeting. Is Bryony riding all these horses?

The weighing room should have sorted this mess out long ago but didn't. Reflects badly on them as well.
Report Gagging January 4, 2022 11:37 AM GMT
Blackrock - elegantly and neatly summarised - thank you.

Now - instead pf bleating on, Robbie's so-called friends are not doing him any favours by carrying on about it - everyone needs to pause and think about it and move on more constructively. It's a new year  - 2022 - opportunity for a fresh start so no more willie-waving in front of the ladies, and keep cooler, balanced heads - it can be a dangerous sport which requires greater self-control than shown here.
Report Chadfan January 4, 2022 2:23 PM GMT
I'd kept off this thread because of the nonsense being written.
But the last two posts have restored my faith.
Report irishone January 4, 2022 2:31 PM GMT
You cant move on and forget about it .

You have to ask why it happened, learn from it and better the sport.

There has been a systematic failure by the authorities.

Closing the case now and "moving on" will let the BHA off the hook.There are people running the sport in the u k who have clearly lost touch.

The more it gets entrenched the quicker something will be done by the Authorities who have acted ashamedly before the events took place, whilst they investigated them and when they dished out si called "justoce" at the kangaroo court.
Report irishone January 4, 2022 2:32 PM GMT
*justice
Report Chadfan January 4, 2022 2:52 PM GMT
Yeh, like I said "nonsense being written".
Report Wesdag January 4, 2022 3:27 PM GMT
Grin
Report LoyalHoncho January 4, 2022 3:41 PM GMT
Correct.  And so should everyone else be who has the integrity of racing at heart.
A female jockey runs to The Sun to complain about an internal racing matter, cries like a little girl at the very flawed enquiry and you're all creaming yourselves.
Report irishone January 4, 2022 4:09 PM GMT
"There has been a systematic failure by the BHA"

Nick Rust in a forward to  an integrity report march 2016 .....
Report irishone January 4, 2022 4:10 PM GMT
"Of course we do not always get it right "

Thats the bha report on itself  !
Report zzzorro January 4, 2022 4:13 PM GMT
Just like the Gordon Elliott affair, and others, the world has to move on.
Report Chadfan January 4, 2022 7:16 PM GMT
Just out of interest Irishone, what punishment do you think Dunne should have got considering he pleaded guilty to some of the charges?
Report irishone January 4, 2022 7:49 PM GMT
Why would I want to pass punishment on Robby Dunn ?

The case should never have reached such a point.
The BHA admit to not getting it right all the time
Its a systematic failure
The BHA fail to protect British Horseracing interests.

Its the sport they are failing .... not robby dunn, byrony frost, fred bloggs or whoever ....they are a failing instituition

And the worse thing is .....they know it

Then they tell you they know it ....

....and you dumb clucks accept it ???????

Lets move on lads shall we ?

TO THE NEXT NIGHTMARE FOR U K HORSE RACING brought about BY THE BHA
Report irishone January 4, 2022 8:04 PM GMT
Where was the fall out from last years cheltenham ?

Had yer r s totally spanked by irish horses

If it was a football club the managers would have been fired

The BHA totally fecked up , now they change the weights for handicaps ...wont make a blind bit of difference.....another drubbing on its way ....

"Not our fault".... Attitude of the BHA

The BHA do not look after the sport in Britain .

They are the regulators and its down to them for allowing the sport to be dragged through the mire.
Report irishone January 4, 2022 8:15 PM GMT
Chadfan04 Jan 22 19:16
Just out of interest Irishone, what punishment do you think Dunne should have got considering he pleaded guilty to some of the charges?

...he didnt ....get yer facts straight
Report Chadfan January 4, 2022 10:11 PM GMT
Interesting reply, thanks for taking the time to reply.

One thing I can agree with you is the Irish horses and jockeys will trounce us again at Cheltenham this year,I fear.
Report geoff m January 5, 2022 11:49 AM GMT
irishone04 Jan 22 20:15Joined: 22 Sep 06 | Topic/replies: 47,536 | Blogger: irishone's blog

and there was i along with many others thinking Dunne had pleaded guilty to a charge.
Report Tiger Tiger January 5, 2022 12:05 PM GMT
irishone, perhaps you should consider talking about the 'failings' of your own IRHB? Or are you too embarrassed to do so?
Report Chadfan January 5, 2022 12:07 PM GMT
Yes, me too, we must be stupid, not like the PJA who misread Weston's rancid comment in his final submission.

I don't like sarcasm, so I must stop doing it!
Report Tiger Tiger January 5, 2022 12:12 PM GMT
IHRB*
Report irishone January 5, 2022 1:45 PM GMT
Geoff m ....the rancid sun headline "dunn pleads guilty to charges" is now the level we are at is it ? Dunn pleaded guilty to one charge of the six. FACT

Tiger ......thanks to the British establishment your cricket team gets hammered by the aussies regularly, your rugby team under perforns year in year out, your football team can't win an international tournament with everything in its favour, and the quality of your horses in training over the jumps relies on Irish point to pointers which you get second picks of.

Why on earth would I look at.... or criticise.... or be embarrassed about any other country's  organisation of sport when the U K is there to be shot at as the laughing stock of world sport ?
Report geoff m January 5, 2022 1:52 PM GMT
geoff m05 Jan 22 11:49Joined: 23 Feb 03 | Topic/replies: 17,952 | Blogger: geoff m's blog
irishone04 Jan 22 20:15Joined: 22 Sep 06 | Topic/replies: 47,536 | Blogger: irishone's blog

irishone05 Jan 22 13:45Joined: 22 Sep 06 | Topic/replies: 47,537 | Blogger: irishone's blog
Geoff m ....the rancid sun headline "dunn pleads guilty to charges" is now the level we are at is it ? Dunn pleaded guilty to one charge of the six. FACT

pLEASE HELP WHAT AM I MISSING HERE??
Report Tiger Tiger January 5, 2022 2:01 PM GMT
irishone05 Jan 22 13:45Joined: 22 Sep 06 | Topic/replies: 47,537 | Blogger: irishone's blog

Tiger ......thanks to the British establishment your cricket team gets hammered by the aussies regularly, your rugby team under perforns year in year out, your football team can't win an international tournament with everything in its favour, and the quality of your horses in training over the jumps relies on Irish point to pointers which you get second picks of.

Why on earth would I look at.... or criticise.... or be embarrassed about any other country's  organisation of sport when the U K is there to be shot at as the laughing stock of world sport ?

isishone, thanks for confirming your racist d!ckhead status.
Report irishone January 5, 2022 2:15 PM GMT
Now now tiger .....no need to insult someone speaking the truth.

Quoting geoffm above "he pleaded guilty to some of the charges?" ? ???? . A complete and utter lie.
Report geoff m January 5, 2022 2:25 PM GMT
Irish im not the sharpest knife in draw but why are you contradicting yourself??

Quoting geoffm above "he pleaded guilty to some of the charges?" ? ???? . A complete and utter lie.
Report penzance January 5, 2022 2:31 PM GMT
whats England's Football,Cricket and Rugby teams
got to do with Dunne and Frost?
cheers.
Report irishone January 5, 2022 3:12 PM GMT
geoff m05 Jan 22 14:25Joined: 23 Feb 03 | Topic/replies: 17,957 | Blogger: geoff m's blog
"Irish im not the sharpest knife in draw"

I can see that geoff. Using "some" (an unspecified amount) to describe a specified amount (specified as "One" in this case) ?

Google "micro-racism"....HTH

Penzance ....nice to hear from you again. My point is that the Sporting Institutions in the Uk do not look after their sports.
If the BHA the British Institution that looks after the weighing rooms and thus looks after the sport.....had done their job  properly , dunne v frost would never have happened .
Report geoff m January 5, 2022 3:21 PM GMT
Chadfan did not specify the amount by the use of some hence that includes 1.
Report irishone January 5, 2022 3:27 PM GMT
Then chadfan also needs to kearn about micro racism
Report irishone January 5, 2022 3:27 PM GMT
*learn
Report carrot1960 January 5, 2022 3:28 PM GMT
She accepted an apology from another jockey but refused the chance of an apology  / the chance to settle everything with  Dunne , before playing the " i'm a poor defenceless girl approach" . her riding style was a problem and the fact that she hasn't ridden the same way since the case speaks volumes for Dunne's case
Report irishone January 5, 2022 3:36 PM GMT
The other thing was why did the bha do her for careless riding three out on the 14th November . Never seen that before, so far out on the course but  two weeks before the case.

It would suggest somebody around the top of the tree had a word
Report Wesdag January 5, 2022 3:51 PM GMT
#TeamRobbie becoming a tad obsessed methinks.
Report irishone January 5, 2022 3:55 PM GMT
Why wouldn't we be ?

Absolutely seething at his treatment .....

Cant move on whilst British racing is in such a deplorable state

....Laugh
Report Chadfan January 5, 2022 10:11 PM GMT
I've been called a few things in my time but never a micro racist, whatever that is?
Report irishone January 5, 2022 10:55 PM GMT
A microaggression is a comment or action that negatively targets a marginalized group of people or person. A microaggression can be intentional or accidental. It is a form of discrimination.
Report irishone January 5, 2022 10:56 PM GMT
Some racism is so subtle that neither victim nor perpetrator may entirely understand what is going on
Report irishone January 5, 2022 11:06 PM GMT
Hope that helps chadfan. Irish racing, jockeys, trainers, owners , horses get it all the time on this forum .....just as your cognizance develops your aptitude for sarcasm
Laugh
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 6, 2022 6:52 AM GMT
Chadfan in answer to your 22-11 post, a Micro Racist is a prejudiced  person under 5ft in height. ... hth.
Report Chadfan January 6, 2022 7:30 AM GMT
I see, thanks guys.
An itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny rascist sounds better, but I'm over 5ft.
Report Chadfan January 6, 2022 7:33 AM GMT
How can a horse be rascist?
Report Hibore January 6, 2022 11:07 AM GMT
I’ve removed the username of this post as it’s not relevant. Irishone is the biggest “bully” and hypocrite on here. Nothing Micro about his posts.

Username removed.
I said I had many heated disagreements with him and said things I should not have and am not proud of but then I met the bloke many times racing, I bought and had beers with him, I laid him bets, I gave him free tickets to the races, I may have disagreed with him a lot and argued but also went out of my way to help him.

You on the other hand bullied him right up until his sad death, you are a vile piece of sheet that doesn't have the balls to come out form behind your username, you wouldn't have the balls to meet up with any of the people you regularly  abuse on here.

You can search for all of my past posts or post what you like about me now as I rarely if ever pop my head in here anymore and it's water of a ducks back to me, however I felt it right to call you out on this hypocritical bullsheet you posted when I've never seen anybody slaughter anybody online as bad you did that man.

irishone
irishone 05 Mar 21 14:34 Joined: 22 Sep 06 | Topic/replies: 47,553 | Blogger: irishone's blog
My o p was directed at handling guilt.

I take your points but obviously disagree.

If you let ignorance take over we will all be in the sheet as you say.

We had two choices , walk as you did or fight as I did.

I dont blame you for that at all. You have to fight ignorance in my opinion not ignore it and walk away.

Just my opinion, is there any way we can forget about it and just move on ?

Im off down the beach for a walk now , hope the rain is getting warmer over there !

jimnast
Joined: 03 Jan 01 | Topic/replies: 10,496 | Blogger: jimnast's blog
premier

is woodmanchester the lad who always came on with his haydock fancies ?

Hibore
Hibore 05 Mar 21 16:25 Joined: 23 Jun 07 | Topic/replies: 2,887 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
I have to agree with your assessment Premier. Obviously hasn’t got much in life apart from online bullying.
Report irishone January 6, 2022 2:04 PM GMT
Chadfan

Plenty of examples....

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/sports/horse-racing/horse-racist-name-guillot.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/13470170/racehorse-name-racial-slur-david-evans-bha/
Report spyker January 6, 2022 3:02 PM GMT
Pretty funny seeing that the one thing that all the jocks agreed on (sans Frost obv) was her uncanny knack of jumping into others one in the lead! Not only did the think the jocks were lying about what they witnessed re the bullying but they seem to be saying they (the panel )know more about riding horses. Obv  the whole sheitshow needs reforming top to bottom route, branch twig and everyhtung else!

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/robbie-dunne-has-seven-days-to-appeal-18-month-ban-as-written-reasons-released/530694

Robbie Dunne rode in a 'deliberately intimidatory' manner against Bryony Frost
Jockey has seven days to appeal against 18-month ban in high-profile case

Robbie Dunne was banned for 18 months after being found guilty of bullying Bryony Frost
Robbie Dunne was banned for 18 months after being found guilty of bullying Bryony Frost
1 of 1
By Peter Scargill
UPDATED 2:40PM, JAN 6 2022

Robbie Dunne’s “intimidatory” riding on two occasions was cited as a key component in a disciplinary panel’s finding that he engaged in a sustained campaign of bullying and harassment against Bryony Frost which resulted in him being banned for 18 months, a report has revealed.

During the hearing, races at Leicester on February 13, 2020 and Market Rasen on July 27, 2020 were reviewed, with the BHA outlining that the second occasion was the moment when it became apparent to Frost that Dunne “was bullying her”.

Dunne told the panel that suggestions he had been riding in an “intimidating” way were “an exaggeration”, but in written conclusions released on Thursday, the panel stated his actions in the races had formed part of his “attempts to intimidate Ms Frost”.

At Leicester, the panel said Dunne’s riding showed “a deepening culpability, now extended to actions on the racecourse” after his horse, Lickpenny Larry, had jumped left on three occasions down the back straight when in close proximity to Frost on This Breac but straight otherwise.

“Tactics we found were harassing and deliberately intimidatory,” the panel explained.

Who is Robbie Dunne? From struggling conditional to weighing room 'enforcer'

At Market Rasen, which had followed an incident at Stratford in July 2020 where Dunne had allegedly called Frost a “f****** slut” and a “dangerous c***”, the panel deemed the jockey had again ridden in a way to “intimidate” Frost.

During her evidence, Frost had said Dunne’s manoeuvre aboard Buyer Beware to put pressure on her and her mount Wisecracker rounding the home turn was unusual.

“I don’t see a reason for that aggressive riding,” she said. “You shouldn’t be putting weight on a horse like that around the bend – the jockeys in front of me weren’t doing that.”

The panel noted the replay showed the rail bending twice as a result of Dunne’s move and that the horses around Dunne and Frost were not being ridden in the same manner.

“We find this a further attempt by Mr Dunne to intimidate Ms Frost as part of the course of prejudicial conduct,” the panel wrote.

Robbie Dunne: has seven days to appeal after the written reasons were published
Robbie Dunne: has seven days to appeal after the written reasons were published
Alan Crowhurst (Getty Images)
Dunne was found guilty of four breaches of rule (J) 19 relating to conduct prejudicial to the integrity, proper conduct and good reputation of racing between February and September 2020, which culminated in the rider’s “promise” to Frost that he would “put you through a wing” after a race at Southwell.

Dunne, 36, was banned for 18 months, three of which were suspended, and has seven days from the publication of the written reasons to appeal. His legal team had indicated this was a strong possibility on the day of the verdict last month.

In a postscript to the written reasons for its judgement, the panel addressed what it felt was the gravity of the case against Dunne and the 'culture' of the weighing room, which came under considerable scrutiny in the hearing and the days following the verdict.

The panel wrote: “In this case we were not troubled by any borderline decision on either guilt or sanction. The threshold in rule (J)19 was plainly crossed and this case overwhelmingly called for a penalty of some potency. In future hearings, however, the decision might be less clear cut.

“As part of our inquiry, we had to consider the culture, as it was often described, among the community of professional jockeys or in the weighing room. As these reasons show, we had some concerns about it. Our role was to inquire into the conduct of Mr Dunne. It is for others to reflect upon more general matters.”

The panel also criticised the length of time between Frost making her complaint against Dunne in September 2020 and the case being heard last month, saying “more urgency and precision should have been applied to the investigatory process and the charging decision”.

It also said the leak of details of the case to the Mail on Sunday and the Sunday Times “is a grave matter” but added that “what appeared in the media before or during the hearing had not the slightest bearing” on the decision that was made.

The decision of the panel, formed of Brian Barker, James O’Mahony and Alison Royston, was laid out at the foot of the near 11,500-word written report. In seven paragraphs, the panel detailed why Dunne had been found in breach and why he had been given his penalty.

The panel's decision
141. This was deliberate, unwarranted targeting of a colleague over a considerable time. Mr Dunne’s words, and behaviour, were wholly inappropriate for a professional athlete in an equal opportunity sport and would not be tolerated in any other walk of life or workplace.  Expletives in the heat of the moment are one thing, but expressions such as “I am going to hurt you” and/or “I’ll put you through a wing” have dark implications. The context of this case moved the effect beyond that of mere words.

142. There was little, if any, indication of Mr Dunne’s understanding. There was no expression of remorse. The defence involved calculated attacks in various directions. The plea entered was so limited by comparison to the conduct found that it attracted neither credit nor reduction.

143. We took into account matters submitted in mitigation and the evidence of Mr Dunne’s character witness. We reminded ourselves, in his favour, that some at least of the facts found involved Mr Dunne operating within a culture approbated by his peers. Observers observed without intervention. If this is the weighing room culture, then it is out of step in equal opportunity race-riding. We were scrupulous to avoid treating Mr Dunne as the sole individual finding the impugned behaviour acceptable.

144. A financial penalty was wholly insufficient to meet the justice of this case. Suspension of licence was inevitable. The matters proved were consecutive, occurred over six months, as time went by deepening in spitefulness, and consequently the words and acts achieving the increasingly chilling effect upon the victim which Mr Dunne intended. As well as falling foul of the regulations as pleaded, such behaviour, from someone who presented himself as one of the elders of the sport, setting standards and allegedly offering wise counsel to junior jockeys was hypocritical.

145. The events at Southwell were the gravest. The proper approach was to fix a cumulative period and to impose it concurrently for each offence.

146. Given the context, the entry point in the Guide to Penalties and Procedures did not bear on this case. Whatever the pressures and dangers of racing, and whatever the traditions of the weighing room, Mr Dunne’s conduct had no place in it. The strikingly aggravating feature was the determined consistency, in the knowledge that Ms Frost could not prepare herself for what would come next, as she was unable to predict what or where it would be.

147. Mr Dunne’s licence as a jockey will be suspended for 18 months. However, taking into account some of the personal matters urged, the final three months will be suspended for two months. Any transgressions in months 16-18 would make it most likely that the three months would be activated. Mr Dunne is suspended from December 10, 2021 until March 9, 2023 inclusive.
Report ballyregan January 6, 2022 3:48 PM GMT
greg wood and boycey discussing all the full reasons of the case on skysports racing in a bit for all the bryony robbie fans in a bit
Report irishone January 6, 2022 4:15 PM GMT
146. Given the context, the entry point in the Guide to Penalties and Procedures did not bear on this case.

Outside the guide ? Whose fault is that then ?

or is it just.convenient ?
Report irishone January 6, 2022 4:19 PM GMT
"Dunne was found guilty of four breaches of rule (J) 19 relating to conduct prejudicial to the integrity, proper conduct and good reputation of racing between February and September 2020"

whats that feb to sep ..... 7 or  8 months ?

"The matters proved were consecutive, occurred over six months"

Whats that ..... 6 months now ?

KANGAROO COURT
Report irishone January 6, 2022 4:20 PM GMT
"It also said the leak of details of the case to the Mail on Sunday and the Sunday Times “is a grave matter” but added that “what appeared in the media before or during the hearing had not the slightest bearing” on the decision that was made."

LIES LIES AND MORE DAMNED LIES
Report Ramruma January 6, 2022 4:43 PM GMT
Judges are not influenced by the media. That's why papers can report what upcoming appeals (heard by judges) but not trials, where they might influence or prejudice the jury. It is a well known legal principle. And two thirds of Robbie Dunne's disciplinary panel were former judges.

Of course, we still do not know who leaked it or why.
Report irishone January 6, 2022 4:48 PM GMT
I am afraid everyone on this planet is influenced by the media
Report Wesdag January 6, 2022 5:01 PM GMT
except you
Report irishone January 6, 2022 5:23 PM GMT
Since when did an Irishman ever get justice in a british court or indeed a kangaroo court ?
Report ballyregan January 6, 2022 5:45 PM GMT
I once saw an irish dj get some compo on judge rinder last year if that helps
Report irishone January 6, 2022 5:51 PM GMT
It does

Thnx ExcitedLove
Report Wesdag January 6, 2022 5:52 PM GMT

Jan 6, 2022 -- 5:23PM, irishone wrote:

Since when did an Irishman ever get justice in a british court or indeed a kangaroo court ?

Mr Dunne.

Should've got 3 years not 18 mths.

Report LoyalHoncho January 6, 2022 6:25 PM GMT
A total stitch up.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com