Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
townley
06 Jul 21 18:56
| Topic/replies: 1,227 | Blogger: townley's blog
just curious
Pause Switch to Standard View does anybody have a theory why they...
Show More
Report 11kv July 6, 2021 7:58 PM BST
Its a message to the pro layers on here to get stuck in funny how MLaughick always mentions it on ATR
Report the bairn July 6, 2021 9:09 PM BST
it's because the people who do the judging are usually the wives or girlfriends of the sponsors. cheers.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 July 6, 2021 9:44 PM BST
When I used to work for a bookies, I once had to pick the best turned out as well as presenting the winners prize(no one else could be arsed going). I gave the best turned out prize to the horse with the fittest bird walking it round!
Report ItsMeSwaddle July 6, 2021 10:05 PM BST

Jul 6, 2021 -- 3:44PM, DIFERENT GRAVY 12 wrote:

When I used to work for a bookies, I once had to pick the best turned out as well as presenting the winners prize(no one else could be arsed going). I gave the best turned out prize to the horse with the fittest bird walking it round!

Wink

Report grinch July 7, 2021 7:50 AM BST
lol i know youre trolling but cant resist .. if i put a hat on ..i wouldnt beat Bolt
Report duncan idaho July 7, 2021 9:22 AM BST
no, but if Bolt had the hat on, he'd still beat you
Report RothmanMike July 7, 2021 12:48 PM BST
Excuse me, but a lot of them do win.
Absolute non-story here.
Report duncan idaho July 7, 2021 3:33 PM BST
yeah, suspect it's a confirmation bias issue...obv most do get beat but what the record is in terms of P/L is anyone's guess
Report brassneck July 7, 2021 3:45 PM BST
Plaits in a horses mane do not make the horse run any faster.but the plaits can win them a prize for best turned out.
Report wondersobright July 7, 2021 4:23 PM BST
catterick best turned out today

annie rose
highland premier
let me be

next
Report swiftynifty July 7, 2021 6:25 PM BST
If a horse has the temperament to be tarted up and pampered in the morning of racing he is not in the right frame of mind to run a race.
Report shoodacoodadidnt July 7, 2021 6:31 PM BST
I like that Swifty - there might be something in the theory - would love to know stats - as always, in the "trying to put everyone away" process, it probably doesn't help to have your horse look a million dollars ..... Martin Pipe said to me once (apologies for name dropping) see if you can pick the double Cheltenham winner out of those 5 in the field - I'd no idea of course - he pointed to Gaspara - he said "see, you can't pick winners on looks" - she wasn't the prettiest, but quite a machine.
Report swiftynifty July 7, 2021 6:36 PM BST
thanks shooda. In fact some horses may even be embarrassed turning up looking like they do in front of their peers. Again, an embarrassed horse will almost certainly underperform.
Report shoodacoodadidnt July 7, 2021 6:42 PM BST
Laugh
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 7, 2021 6:43 PM BST
If the mane is platted too tight then that can lead to headaches
And thus, if this happens to a female horsey.............well we know what females are like with headaches. No goers
Good laying system for ya there.
Report unitedbiscuits July 7, 2021 6:50 PM BST
Firstly, best turned out may be the best chance of winning for a handler leading up a no hoper.

Secondly, the judge - out in the middle of the parade ring - who may not be qualified to judge the wellbeing of horses, will often ask the attending course usher where to make a choice and, again, the course official is likely to recommend an outsider.
Report doorman99 July 7, 2021 7:22 PM BST
For jumpers jocks always pull the first few plaits out as they can pull when the horse stretches over a fence. Francombe has a sensible theory re a plaited tail that the tail is the horses balancing rudder hence a tightly plaited tail could be another mistake maker.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com