Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
chelsea girl
09 Nov 20 14:02
| Topic/replies: 6,382 | Blogger: chelsea girl's blog
Is this free munee please? I don't mind leaving
it tied up for a while, better than the building society.Happy
Pause Switch to Standard View Biden at 1.06
Show More
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 16, 2020 3:16 PM GMT
Laurie

OK i wasn't sure if you were planning to retire to France permanently one day, so stays of up to 90 days (in any 180) will not be an issue. If your health insurance currently covers Europe you should be OK, but check it. If it's a EHIC card issued by UK, you can't use it in France after December 31st.

Health insurance is compulsory in Germany, i'm with AOK (also EHIC, but German issued) and it covers me for all EU countries except for UK after December 31st.

Actually a lot of things will change soon. I went to a meeting in Linköping city hall a couple of years ago when the UK Ambassador in Sweden was speaking/answering questions, it was an eye opener of what Brexit actually entails.

As for age, certainly not a spring chicken any more Laugh
Report FELTFAIR December 16, 2020 3:18 PM GMT
France wouldn`t allow residency for an argumentative old sod like Brigust.Laugh
Report dustybin December 16, 2020 3:28 PM GMT
WTF does that guy say in snipey's clip?

'Thats not the real Biden anyway'ShockedShockedShocked

Methinks that guy will be having an increasing amount of material online sanctioned under the Online Safety Bill and he go ever more fruitfilled as a result untill suchtime he's on the watchlist and tracked for being a complete fkn nutjob.
Report ProSniper December 16, 2020 3:58 PM GMT
Laugh

People were generally baffled as to who could possibly be holding up those odds(gifting free monies on Biden) That sort of video with those type of screwball characters should go some way of clearing that up.
Report Ramruma December 16, 2020 4:05 PM GMT
If twitter is any guide, then even ignoring obvious trolls, a few Trump fans have lost money they can ill afford.

Some are now threatening to sue Betfair -- not for running a false market after results were known, but for settling too early because they are still convinced Biden's fraud will be uncovered and Trump will be inaugurated on 20th January.

And there's more. A Texan ex-cop turned PI, paid $100k by a GOP lobby group, held up an aircon engineer who was alleged to be delivering 750,000 fake ballots filled in by Hispanic children because their fingerprints would not be found in police databases, as part of Mark (Facebook) Zuckerberg's $10 million plot to rig the election for Biden.

The PI must have believed this nonsense because he called the police to search the van but now faces up to 20 years inside because there were no fake ballots.
https://www.startribune.com/ex-houston-officer-accused-of-assault-in-bogus-fraud-claim/600001868/
Report dave1357 December 16, 2020 4:07 PM GMT
By clicking the "I Confirm" button on the account opening screen, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.

The Betfair Exchange Rules and Regulations ("Exchange Rules") are part of Betfair's terms and conditions.

Customer responsibility
Betfair customers should make themselves aware of all of the Exchange Rules affecting any market on which they wish to place a bet. Customers should not simply rely on the Market Information as the Market Information is unlikely to contain all of the applicable rules relating to a market.
Report dustybin December 16, 2020 4:08 PM GMT
Times have become very very strange. Ive heard about these people who are investing everything into the 'big reset' and Im just left incredulous about it all.
This Mark Attwood type says, either Trump wins (and hes certain he has) or we are all dead due to the 'white hats'

I knew friends who believed in all this QAnon 5hite (we have now parted ways) but non of em could have rustled up 16k to put up on a whim. My old mates are council estate lads, who have good reason to believe all the bs because they are due to have the 5hit end of the stick either way.
But to have the money to put down 16k, you'd have thought a person would have developed more sense.
Report ProSniper December 16, 2020 4:17 PM GMT
I knew friends who believed in all this QAnon 5hite (we have now parted ways)

Report carrot1960 December 16, 2020 4:31 PM GMT
First Senate hearing into  election 'irregularities' is now  airing on y0utube , the statements from James Troupis  , rep Francis Ryan and Jesse Binnall are explosive to say the least , but the putdown  / callout of Democrat Senator Peters by chairman Johnson was priceless
Report brigust1 December 16, 2020 4:40 PM GMT
Like everyone I cannot read the future Sparrow. Sorry, I should say, unlike you I cannot read the future but my bet is we are going to be a lot better off. True, eggs must be broken to make an omelette but the end result will be good, very good. That is what I predict.

Don't believe them Andrew. For the last four years they have pedalled how bad things are going to be from the moment the vote was made. It will all be fine.

The EU greatly fear other countries following us that is why they are making it so difficult. It is like an unelected quango.

From a UK point of view the only way is up. From an EU point of view the costs will have to be shared around fewer countries, or more countries. A lot of the smaller countries who have paid nothing before may have to start paying what we paid.

I have used my EHIC card but the doctors aren't bothered with it so I don't.
Report sparrow December 16, 2020 4:43 PM GMT
I agree we can't read the future brigust but we can of course predict it.
Report brigust1 December 16, 2020 4:45 PM GMT
Me 'argumentative' Felt, ah go on! I don't want to be a French resident thanks. They have more problems than we have. The biggest one is being in the EU and their countrymen know this, all too well. I wonder how the CAP will manage into the future. I live in farming country and they are far from happy.
Report carrot1960 December 16, 2020 5:38 PM GMT
So alarming to hear lawyer Troupis state they went to the court with evidence which include the names of tens of thousands who voted illegally , a fact that the Democrat lawyers did not dispute only to then hear the Democrat lawyer state to the judge to not hear / ignore the evidence which they then did before dismissing the case. like wise Jesse Binnall stating they were unable to issue a subpoena as the recipient hid in his house for three days until the deadline for objecting was over then when they went to the court the judge just dismissed the case as the statue had expired .
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 16, 2020 5:39 PM GMT
Don't believe them Andrew. For the last four years they have pedalled how bad things are going to be from the moment the vote was made. It will all be fine.

Laurie, i wasn't referring to any media based prediction relating to Brexit, but actual facts of what happens on January 1st 2021.

The UK ambassador wasn't speaking with a political head on at all, but simply trying to answer questions we all had (and he couldn't answer all of them because of the unknowns).

The facts were all related to travelling, working and living in EU, visas, permits, driving licences, payment of UK state pensions to those in EU, customs, etc. all these things (and many more) that will change and are not negotiable.

I have no idea how UK LTD will fare without being in the EU during the next 5 years and whilst it's not going to be armageddon, i truly believe it will not be a case of putting the 'Great' back in Britain at all.
Report brigust1 December 16, 2020 5:48 PM GMT
Of course there are unknowns Andrew. We don't yet know if there is going to be a deal. Sure some of the other EU countries who are doing very well out of the EU deal, thank you very much, will have to make changes but I am absolutely certain that we will prosper. Things will change but we will prosper. I cannot be certain the same can be said for the other members of the EU. Under the surface there are tensions everywhere.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 16, 2020 5:55 PM GMT
We don't yet know if there is going to be a deal.

The 'deal' is basically trade related and Mr Average UK couldn't give a toss, but if i sense there will not be one in place by this Sunday (probably the latest date possible) then i will certainly be shorting the GBP and FTSE with IG Index.

I would welcome sterling falling, i get paid in Euros (Kroner when in Sweden) so it's beneficial to me at least until June 4th when i have to close my UK Barclays account (as all UK citizens living in EU will have to).
Report glentoby December 16, 2020 5:59 PM GMT
Where did you get the boolox re-bank accounts Andrew?
Report A_T December 16, 2020 6:01 PM GMT
why would you short the FTSE? it's 75% overseas revenues
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 16, 2020 6:09 PM GMT
Toby,

As always, you jump to the gun without even thinking. Do a little research and you too will find out.

I actually have a letter from Barclays Bank, 2 Victoria St, Westminster (one of my accounts). I have to make arrangements to transfer funds by 28th May 2021 unless i can show i have a registered (proven) UK address then Barclays will close my account on June 4th 2021. I left UK in June 1984 and do not have a UK residence, my UK bank accounts all have my Swedish address.

This is not only a Barclays action, but a result of UK leaving the EU and due to limitations to UK banking services as a result (this is the actual wording on the letter).
Report glentoby December 16, 2020 6:15 PM GMT
I did not jump the gun,was merely asking as you stated ALL UK citizens living in the EU will have to close their accounts which is in fact bollox.Some may have to depending on their banks decision,it is not mandatory as you suggest and will not apply to every country in the EU.hth
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 16, 2020 6:16 PM GMT
https://imperiuswealth.com/wealth-financial-news/british-expats-across-the-e...
Report brigust1 December 16, 2020 6:20 PM GMT
I am not bothered about sterling I am sure everything will equal out. Going backwards and forwards I used to watch out for currency rates but not any more. The rate at the moment is around 1.1, it was the same in 2010, and I have just paid £1.1 per litre for diesel near me yet in France I would be paying into the high 1.30s per litre. It has gone up so much over there. It doesn't affect me because I use so little but the French must be feeling it.
Report dave1357 December 16, 2020 6:27 PM GMT
glentoby UK banks are not authorised to provide banking services in the EU from jan 2021, as it stands.
Report glentoby December 16, 2020 6:32 PM GMT
Not so Dave,depends on the country and licences held by individual banks,none of my accounts (4 in UK) will be closing accounts as things stand and doubt they will do so although it is up to individual banks,not mandatory.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 16, 2020 6:44 PM GMT
Laurie

I'm not so concerned Barclays are closing my UK account in June, there must be many kind hearted souls on this forum only too willing and unselfishly allowing me to use theirs to deposit funds. Laugh
Report brigust1 December 16, 2020 9:22 PM GMT
Andrew I'm still wondering what happens to the French will I made last year. Crazy
Report glentoby December 16, 2020 9:33 PM GMT
Hi Brig,trust you are well.The question of your French will should be that it remains intact and should not change with Brexit,the UK never signed into the 2012 succession bill.I have 2 wills,one UK which will deal solely with the UK and one for Italy,the only forseeable difficulty as far as I am aware is a challenge from my children regarding the Italian one e.g succession which I don't envisage.
Report brigust1 December 16, 2020 10:12 PM GMT
I'm not worried about the will, Glen. I made a large land donation to my daughter last year and required an amendment  for that. A close friend who lived around the corner, so to speak, died last year and because he never left a French will his property apparently goes to his eldest son from his first marriage.
I never found out what happened and how it was sorted out because his current wife moved back to Hertfordshire and not being around this year I still have no idea how it worked out. What I have over here is covered but there are some weird rules in France. I spent all of a week going over everything at this time last year and will go back to the solicitor when I return and know what happened with Brexit.
Report glentoby December 16, 2020 10:20 PM GMT
It is pretty complicated Brig and lawyers are the safest option for cross border wills,the main thing in France appears to be the succession rule,similar for a lot of Europe where the surviving spouse is at the front of the queue and then children.Depending on what you intend to leave the inheritance tax is something to consider.

Hope you get it sorted,my own advice would be to have two wills,it was the strongest advice I was given before Brexit was even mooted.
Report carrot1960 December 16, 2020 10:51 PM GMT
Comical to just read that Homeland security chair Ron Johnson agrees with Mitch McConnell  that it's time to move on , and yet several hours ago he led a Senate hearing where he did nothing but help expose the mass fraud that has taken place , including sworn testimony from a lawyer who clearly stated the judges would not let  him / them provide the names of tens of thousands of voters who had voted illegally even though they had the paperwork to prove the fraud .
Report Charlton2005 December 16, 2020 10:54 PM GMT
amazing that with the internet and all we still haven't heard the name of one dead voter
Report glentoby December 16, 2020 10:55 PM GMT
Carrot fails to say that the illegal votes were for Trump!!!Wink
Report Charlton2005 December 16, 2020 10:58 PM GMT
then i will certainly be shorting the GBP and FTSE with IG Index.

as AT said, the ftse will hit a record if £ goes to parity with the euro
Report Newmarket-spurs December 17, 2020 2:08 AM GMT
Today the State Legislature in Arizona has issued subpoenas to seize every Dominion voting machine in Maricopa County ARIZONA and do a full forensic audit.

1) When it comes to elections the State Legislatures hold the real power as stated by the US Constitution.
2) Biden only leads by a few thousand votes in Arizona. Maricopa County is huge with 4.5 million residents which is 2/3 of all Arizona counties.
3) The only date that really counts in this is January 20th. Anything can change before then....
4) The MSM media will not report this and some people can't think for themselves.
5) This statistic sums up the 2020 election. In the US there are 16 bell weather counties nationwide which have predicted every US election since when time began. Trump won FIFTEEN of them by an average of 16%.... keep sticking your heads in the sand guys.
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 8:31 AM GMT
^ you've lost your money and trump lost the election.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 17, 2020 8:46 AM GMT
as AT said, the ftse will hit a record if £ goes to parity with the euro

Charlton, it's all about opinions (as horse racing) but i'm not sure AT stated that anyway.

The FTSE intraday record is 7903, it currently stands at 6588 so a major rise of 20% will be necessary.

The pound almost had parity with the euro in 2008 (1.02) during the financial crisis. It's highest exchange rate was 1.752, but has been weakening ever since and after the Brexit result to leave it fell 6% in a single day. Personally i don't think parity will be reached, but it would be beneficial to me in GBP terms and the comment i made about shortening the FTSE and pound is only if there is no deal. The latter is not good to Europe either, but let's see what happens over the weekend. If there is a deal, markets will probably rise in the short term.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 17, 2020 8:53 AM GMT
Back to the thread topic, i really can't understand all the tosh posted about the US election result.

It's over, JB is President elect, this is ratified. DT has 34 days left in power then collects his P45. There is not a single thread of evidence relating to fraud except in the minds of those that pander to DT and he's making millions out of this.
Report Ramruma December 17, 2020 8:55 AM GMT
This would be the same Arizona where they are currently investigating suspected illegal votes -- all 38 of them.

Arizona where the late surge was for Trump, not Biden.

Anyway, good luck with the audit (assuming it ever takes place). Note that once again, even if there is an audit, the Senators are trawling for evidence, not presenting evidence. They have nothing but hope an audit will turn something up. It is a fishing expedition.
Report sparrow December 17, 2020 9:07 AM GMT
What surprises me is that none of these "illegal" votes are for Trump.
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 10:06 AM GMT
Rudy has got hundreds of affidavits.
Report A_T December 17, 2020 12:23 PM GMT
Andrew you don't want to be shorting the FTSE in anticipation of no deal. A weak pound means the FTSE goes up as 75% of it's earnings are from overseas. As an example it shot up after the the referendum when the pound collapsed.
Report carrot1960 December 17, 2020 12:59 PM GMT
glentoby , it was interesting to hear the  Attorney for Trump in the state of Nevada state  at yesterdays hearing that they had done the leg work and had the name of the 130.000 fraudulent votes  , including the 42000 who voted twice including those who registered under the a surname but under two christian  names ie William and Bill to vote twice , the women who voted under both their maiden and married name .

1500+ who voted from beyond the grave , over a thousand centurion's who voted, 4000 aliens/ non citizens  who voted ,19000 who did not live in Nevada , 8000 using a mail box as an address ,15000 from commercial or vacant addresses , and yet the judge would not enter the evidence despite the claim that they had the individual names to back up the claims.

The evidence appears to be there yet the courts don't want to hear it
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 17, 2020 1:07 PM GMT
Andrew you don't want to be shorting the FTSE in anticipation of no deal. A weak pound means the FTSE goes up as 75% of it's earnings are from overseas. As an example it shot up after the the referendum when the pound collapsed.

AT

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/24/ftse-100-and-sterling-plunge-on-brexit-panic
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 2:07 PM GMT
The Guardian is an anti Brexit rag.
Report sparrow December 17, 2020 2:08 PM GMT
Three Cheers for The Guardian.
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 2:10 PM GMT
About time it started cheering for this country along with those who voted leave.
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 2:11 PM GMT
And that goes for the remainer's as well.
Report Newmarket-spurs December 17, 2020 2:13 PM GMT
I hope some of you on here never serve on a jury! How can you explain over 2000 signed sworn affidavits under a penalty for perjury (5yrs prison for Federal cases)

Are you actually denying that all these people are lying? Are you all denying that no fraud was committed?

Another statistical anomaly. Biden was losing the election badly. He actually did worse than Hillary everywhere EXCEPT for four large key cities. In all those places they STOPPED the count and when they restarted millions of new mail in ballots were found by Biden. Some of these places had a 250% turnout.

No need to think for yourselves when the media can do it for you. Please watch CNN before you comment so you'll know what to write.
Report sparrow December 17, 2020 2:14 PM GMT
As I suppose the Brexit leaning papers would have had Remain won.
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 2:33 PM GMT
I think if remain won had nothing more would have been said. I also believe had Leave had a good leader it would have been a landslide and would have been finished long ago. The Remainers have done everything in their power for the last four years to reverse the vote and are 100% responsible for any financial losses to this country as a result.
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 2:36 PM GMT
No, bigrust1, you and your ilk are responsible for every single detriment from the decision, it's time you accepted that.
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 2:39 PM GMT
Newmarket-spurs • December 17, 2020 2:13 PM GMT
I hope some of you on here never serve on a jury! How can you explain over 2000 signed sworn affidavits under a penalty for perjury (5yrs prison for Federal cases)

I would explain by saying quite a few of these will be going to jail if they followed through with their statements.
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 2:43 PM GMT
anyway I've got my money and you've lost, so there isn't any point in this thread in a gambling forum. There are a couple of threads in politics started by whiny losers - so maybe you should post there?
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 2:49 PM GMT
100% wrong Dave, get your head out of the sand. The last four years have been a total waste of time and weakened the UK in any and all transactions. We should have left ages ago and this would have been a long way behind us. Because of the Remainers and the UK media the EU have put the brakes on and tried to find every reason to change the vote. Thankfully those who believe in democracy won the day but the mess has been made by those who voted remain and tried to change the vote. That is certain. If we had all accepted the vote and got behind the country we would be in clover now.
Report sparrow December 17, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
brigust1 17 Dec 20 15:33 
I think if remain won had nothing more would have been said. I also believe had Leave had a good leader it would have been a landslide and would have been finished long ago. The Remainers have done everything in their power for the last four years to reverse the vote and are 100% responsible for any financial losses to this country as a result.

Had the Remain campaign had any sort of leadership rather than just complacence then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Unfortunately the Labour Party badly let down the Remain cause by having a leader in Corbyn who was a lifelong Eurosceptic and the propaganda of the Brexiteers was able to dominate with little opposition.
Report A_T December 17, 2020 2:54 PM GMT
I would explain by saying quite a few of these will be going to jail if they followed through with their statements.

Indeed. Over 50 court cases and not one piece of evidence of fraud presented.
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 2:57 PM GMT
You must be kidding Dave? The Remain side were led by the Prime Minister who mailed everyone in the country, the Chancellor Osbourne and every businessman was all over the television. The BBC was all Remain and still is, nearly all of the MP's, including Labour, Lib Dems, SNP etc were Remain. I don't remember any newspaper for Leave either.  This was purely a people's vote.
Report A_T December 17, 2020 2:57 PM GMT
AT

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/24/ftse-100-and-sterling-plunge-on-brexit-panic

that was more a general fall of shares following the "shock" result of the referendum - not sure the same thing will happen this time - no deal won't be such a surprise - and back then the ftse shot up soon after once the increased GBP value of the companies was factored in. you'll need to be quick if you're going to try to trade on short-term volatility
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 3:00 PM GMT
The last four years have been a total waste of time and weakened the UK in any and all transactions.

utter drivel

the uk couldn't negotiate with other countries till it signed the withdrawal agreement. The only significant intervention by remainers was insisting that parliament vote on the withdrawal agreement. May didn't even start negotiations for months and then called an election. So it took an extra year for the WA. Johnson has had a year and still can't agree on trade.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden December 17, 2020 3:14 PM GMT
A_T

Sure i understand. I think if it's no deal there will be short term volatility on all European stock markets. Conversely, if there is a deal, there will be a bounce before we revert to the basics, economy and Covid etc. Either way it's a traders market, but not for the faint hearted and betting on market indices/currencies can be costly.

Anyway, enough of this Brexit tosh, where's the next USA president 2024 market ? Laugh
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 3:17 PM GMT
Where have you been Dave? Even Barnier was trying to prolong things to get a another referendum. If you don't recognise what has happened over the last four years and accept that if everyone had accepted the result and we had just got on with leaving none of the rubbish that has happened would have happened. If you cannot see that then I'm sorry but I cannot help you.
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 3:27 PM GMT
Well history will be the judge of our (unfortunately) generation and they will mark them as greedy idiots who isolated their country after having enjoyed the most prosperous years of the UK.
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 3:50 PM GMT
Most prosperous years? Have you looked at the fall in wages over the years?

Financial Times
The UK had the weakest wage growth of any G7 country over the past decade, according to the OECD, despite eight years of economic growth and strong employment.
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 4:10 PM GMT
I'm talking at the prosperity you and I have enjoyed during our working lives which is unparalleled.  Starting from free university education and job security despite the thatcherite blip and through to retirement defined benefit pensions.
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 9:18 PM GMT
Dave free university for 6% is a lot different from free university for 60%. You can blame Blair for that, not Brexit. When Blair opened the borders job security and wages also went out of the window. In fact that was the catalyst for Brexit. And, when you consider only around 15% of students will repay their loans I think free university would have been a possibility had they ensured those going to university were of the right standard. What they are doing now is neither one nor the other. Nothing at all to do with Brexit. With regard to pensions my state pension is far less than my friends state pension because he is 4 years younger than me. How fair is that? My wife has had to work six years longer than my friends wife because she was born later. This has cost her £48,000 in lost pension when compared to my friends wife. How fair is that? The 34,000 women who were treated the same as my wife asked the Government to redress the balance at the last election. The Labour Party agreed, the Lib Dems agreed and the SNP agreed but the Conservatives said there was no money. Then they suddenly found XXX billion for Covid. How fair is that? I don't think what I enjoyed in  my life is unparalleled, not in the least.
Report FELTFAIR December 17, 2020 9:22 PM GMT
"I don't think what I enjoyed in  my life is unparalleled, not in the least."

You should have had more on Brigadier Gerard.
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 9:32 PM GMT
You are right Felt but we had no money, really. I started in stables on £1 6s 9d a week or £72 a year. With my percentage off BG over the 5 years the maximum I earned before tax was £11 a week. And that was a full week. A lad was on around £15 a week then. I still have my bank book from those days. Hern banned payments from owners to lads in those days. Lady Beaverbrook brought her horses in 1971 from Gordon Richards and she always gave the lad £10 a winner on the day. He even banned that.
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:38 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2020 -- 3:32PM, brigust1 wrote:

You are right Felt but we had no money, really. I started in stables on £1 6s 9d a week or £72 a year. With my percentage off BG over the 5 years the maximum I earned before tax was £11 a week. And that was a full week. A lad was on around £15 a week then. I still have my bank book from those days. Hern banned payments from owners to lads in those days. Lady Beaverbrook brought her horses in 1971 from Gordon Richards and she always gave the lad £10 a winner on the day. He even banned that.

I don't know what 6s or 9d means but £15 a week in 1971 for a manual worker is fairly comparable to todays minimum wages.

Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:42 PM GMT
You love to see someone with a second home in France, gifting land to his kids and complaining that he's been hard done byLaugh
Report Richie_Burnett December 17, 2020 9:42 PM GMT
wac
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 9:53 PM GMT
^ I have worked long and hard for everything I have. None of it came from racing. I never inherited anything and I never won the lottery. So try sticking that where the monkey sticks his nuts RB. There's a good lad.
Report sparrow December 17, 2020 9:56 PM GMT
£15 in 1971 would be worth £234 in todays money.
Report brigust1 December 17, 2020 10:07 PM GMT
Working in stables, particularly as an apprentice, in hindsight, was just cheap labour then. There were 16 apprentices at Hern's when I was there and there was no chance of becoming a jockey. He only ever had one or two horses to ride. The horses were owned by the Queen, Lord and Ladies along with mostly very rich people who wouldn't want apprentices to ride their horses. Thankfully that has all been abolished now. Not all trainers were like that though. Ian Balding trained about 15 miles away and he gave lots of apprentices a good start.
Saying that no-one left. It was a great vocation and the money didn't matter at all. My friend and I put our wages in the Post Office in the village.
Report layemall December 17, 2020 10:08 PM GMT
You guys really should listen more to brigust, spurs, and carrot, to name just 3 on here....instead of just trying to belittle them.
They seem to be far better read than most of the opposition who continue to bang their drums(well done you won some money),
and who speak with such authority and confidence. Dave in particular springs to mind, whether on this or any other topic! .....
no smoke without fire as they say.....and corruption has always been rife in society....and yes believe it or not, even among judges.
It ain't over till it's over.......the problem is though, as has been the case throughout the centuries in court....
how can you really prove what you know to be true, when you know there are and always have been forces that work against you,
and do their best to cover up their tracks......or.....just bribe/threaten those with the power to decide.
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 10:21 PM GMT
It ain't over till it's over

it's is most def over bar trump trying to stage a coup which would not be a happy outcome for anyone.
Report dave1357 December 17, 2020 10:24 PM GMT
Anyway I'm finished with this thread, the gambling is over and if anyone wants to continue discussing politics, there is a forum for that.
Report layemall December 17, 2020 10:32 PM GMT
you may be right on this one Dave....but you give the impression that you think you're right about everything!! btw.....have there been reports from the media of violence, arson, looting etc from the 70 odd million losing Trump supporters to date?....am sure there would have been if the case......on the other hand, can you imagine the flip side?!.....I rest my case me lord Wink p.s. not saying there haven't been any, just saying I haven't seen any ( not that I am on a 24/7 watch)
Report layemall December 17, 2020 11:14 PM GMT
and RB, if your view of socialism is that those who are born at the bottom should work all their life and still come out at the bottom, then who really is the "wac" that you throw around to others?!!
Report layemall December 17, 2020 11:50 PM GMT
and btw, educate yourself about what 6s and 9d is/was worth on here, before you make a statement that earning £15 a week is comparable to a manual workers wages today....wac Wink
Report layemall December 18, 2020 12:43 AM GMT
and for the other turkeys on here, who will ultimately reach for their hip and realise that their holster is empty and their 44 magnum is lying out of reach in the sand. Your last resort will be to beg for mercy, or turn to abuse,(in very rare cases no doubt).....so just think on, think of your progeny, and be careful of what you wish for Wink
Report brigust1 December 19, 2020 12:12 AM GMT
Trump news – live: Kushner accused over ‘shell campaign group’, as Pentagon stops Biden briefings
The Independent. Joe Middleton,Joe Sommerlad,Alex Woodward and Graeme Massie  2 hrs ago

Meanwhile, his former adviser Michael Flynn has urged the president to use the military to force an election "rerun" in the swing states he lost to his Democratic opponent, following the electoral college cementing his win in the 2020 election.

The former national security adviser said in an interview with Newsmax on Thursday that there is “no way" the US is going to be able to “move forward as a nation” unless Mr Biden’s win is overturned and suggested Mr Trump seized voting machines, the subject of numerous right-wing conspiracy theories that have been roundly dismissed by election officials from both parties.

It comes as the Pentagon has ordered a halt to briefings for the transition team of president-elect Joe Biden. A senior Defence Department official told Axios it was a “simple delay of the last few scheduled meetings until after the new year”. But a spokesperson for the Biden transition team on Friday said the administration’s claims that there was an agreed-upon break for those meetings is false.
Report smirnoff2therescue December 19, 2020 12:57 AM GMT
thank fook chit chat was shut down.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI_SBAkdK
Report smirnoff2therescue December 19, 2020 12:59 AM GMT
heeres anutha one LaughLaughLaugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epj84QVw2rc
Report smirnoff2therescue December 19, 2020 1:04 AM GMT
someone like you LoveLoveLove
Report smirnoff2therescue December 19, 2020 1:08 AM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnIJrbwjlZA
Report Ramruma December 19, 2020 9:59 AM GMT
Donald Trump has made $60 million from his supporters who thought they were donating to fund appeals against November's election results. As was previously noted, the small print revealed that the first $5,000 went to Trump's own PAC (political action committee aka slush fund) and the next $2,000 to the Republican Party and only after that did money go to the legal fight. Most donations fell below that figure.

Anyway, this now means Trump has $60 million to spend on 2024, or on hiring space in his own buildings, or on paying his children.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/18/donald-trumps-newly-created-pac-already-raised-60m-white-house/
Report Richie_Burnett December 19, 2020 11:27 AM GMT
layemall, your words not mine; "no smoke without fire as they say"

So how do you feel about the dozens of rape/sexual assault claims made against Trump in the last 50 years?
Report A_T December 19, 2020 11:34 AM GMT
would not surprise me if there is a Weinstein-effect after 20 Jan with victims coming forwrad no longer intimidated by a now emasculated perpetrator
Report brigust1 December 19, 2020 11:45 AM GMT
Trump’s latest female accuser, who claims the president sexually assaulted her in a Bergdorf Goodman high-end department store dressing room in the mid-’90s, doesn’t pass the smell test.

Start with the fact that liberal advice columnist E. Jean Carroll, making the unfounded rape allegations recently in New York Magazine, never alerted store security or a salesperson when the alleged assault took place. She didn’t file a police report, go to the hospital or go public with her story. All of which — if the allegations were true — could’ve protected other women and changed the course of history.

She did none of that, opting to tell two journalist friends privately instead. Now 24 years later while — surprise — she’s hawking a book, she goes on MSNBC for a TV interview Friday night and says looking back at the night of the alleged rape she wishes she had asked Trump for his tax returns. You read that right — his tax returns. She told anchor Lawrence O’Donnell, “I wish I had said to him I’ll tell you my age if you show me your tax returns.”
Report Ramruma December 19, 2020 1:22 PM GMT
President Trump's achievements:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/the-things-trump-got-right/617424/
Report carrot1960 December 19, 2020 1:45 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoTHUp1ARZo&t=62s 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xEPw93OwwM&t=212s

And still the  judges / courts refuse to open their eyes when evidence like the two instances above are presented to them , The actions of justice Roberts in assuring that the Texas case was not heard despite there being precedent via Bush  v  Gore citing they "were no riots in 2000 " has to go down as the single most absurd synopsis in American legal history ,
Report Ramruma December 19, 2020 2:25 PM GMT
@carrot1960 -- evidence of what exactly?

This is a recurring problem -- people throwing random accusations around everywhere except the courts, and that is often because even the accusers are not sure what their point is, so they just end up vaguely saying "this looks a bit iffy". Is the first complaint that a recount got the same result as the first count, and the second one just a matter of what order they processed the slips?

And Roberts is Chief Justice of the United States and was appointed by Bush. He's not a Democrat hack.
Report A_T December 19, 2020 2:38 PM GMT
Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske’s office announced Friday evening that it has “yet to see any evidence of wide-spread fraud” in the state’s 2020 election, an indirect rebuke of unsupported claims of mass voter fraud made by President Donald Trump and Nevada Republicans.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/secretary-of-state-no-evidence-of-wide-spread-fraud-in-nevadas-2020-election
Report Charlton2005 December 19, 2020 7:47 PM GMT
of all the 10s of 1000s or 100s of 1000s or even millions of dead voters that voted...can someone please put up the name of one of them with a coroner confirmed death certificate.
Report Charlton2005 December 19, 2020 7:51 PM GMT
Ramruma
19 Dec 20 10:59
Joined: 11 Dec 02 | Topic/replies: 12,288 | Blogger: Ramruma's blog
Donald Trump has made $60 million from his supporters who thought they were donating to fund appeals against November's election results. As was previously noted, the small print revealed that the first $5,000 went to Trump's own PAC (political action committee aka slush fund) and the next $2,000 to the Republican Party and only after that did money go to the legal fight. Most donations fell below that figure.

Anyway, this now means Trump has $60 million to spend on 2024, or on hiring space in his own buildings, or on paying his children.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/18/donald-trumps-newly-created-pac-already-raised-60m-white-house/

no doubt these same retards donated a fair bit to us on here too Cool
Report A_T December 20, 2020 8:45 AM GMT
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-20/trump-suggested-naming-sidney-powell-election-special-counsel

The conspiracy theory included baseless allegations that former Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez sought to rig elections by tampering with voting software, despite officials at the Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security stating they had found no evidence of widespread voter fraud.

Grin
Report carrot1960 December 20, 2020 4:31 PM GMT
What part of don't worry about all the signatures being the same just count them , can we challenge them later " i think challenge is the wrong word to use( did you not hear her utter
Report Ramruma December 20, 2020 4:42 PM GMT
@carrot1960 -- the votes needed to be counted and validated, but these are separate tasks. Part of the problem in many states was that Republicans had blocked pre-validation of postal votes, which normally would be done before election day, as they are in British elections. This is what delayed the counts, and also what led to the 4am vote dumps for Biden.

If that video contained a smoking gun, Trump would have tweeted it to high heaven and it would have been presented in court.
Report brigust1 December 20, 2020 10:07 PM GMT
In British elections voting ends, whether postal or otherwise, when the polling stations close. What has happened in the US is completely crazy. This could never happen here.
Report A_T December 21, 2020 12:14 PM GMT
In the UK mail-in ballots are counted before election day - in the US the Republicans passed measures stopping any counting before election day
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com