Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rue-the- day
14 Jun 20 09:20
| Topic/replies: 548 | Blogger: rue-the- day's blog
Oh what next
Pause Switch to Standard View TV shows to be banned- on the buses,...
Show More
Report big aitch June 14, 2020 9:32 AM BST
A few films, Young Winston, Ghandi, White Christmas
Report hulk23 June 14, 2020 9:39 AM BST
any Lenny Henry character which mocked Black British culture, presumably ...
Report MJK June 14, 2020 9:53 AM BST
Delighted I have a good collection of these comedies on dvd
Report doorman99 June 14, 2020 9:54 AM BST
Was Philip not made to look superior to Rigsby then. What a pathetic country we live in now.
Report Makybe_Diva June 14, 2020 9:58 AM BST
Yes, doorman99. The black man made the white man look like a complete idiot. The burning of the wardrobe episode was my favourite.
Report salmon spray June 14, 2020 10:39 AM BST
Death in Paradise ?
Report sixtwosix June 14, 2020 10:58 AM BST
Thank goodness they don't know I have a DVD of The Long Good Friday.

And as for the completeCool box set of The Goodies.
Report StillLearning June 14, 2020 11:10 AM BST
Monty Python a shocking omission.
Report punchestown June 14, 2020 11:12 AM BST
Love thy Neighbour (Nap)
Report GEORGE.B June 14, 2020 11:13 AM BST
Who exactly says they have to be banned, anyone know their names?

Or is it just the mysterious 'THEY'?
Report MJK June 14, 2020 11:33 AM BST

Jun 14, 2020 -- 5:13AM, GEORGE.B wrote:

Who exactly says they have to be banned, anyone know their names?Or is it just the mysterious 'THEY'?

'They' are who I like to refer to as the mob of the perpetually outraged.

Report GEORGE.B June 14, 2020 11:41 AM BST
Reg Varney (the forumite) better watch out, he could be one of the first for the concentration camps if and when THEY get to that stage.
Report the dealer June 14, 2020 12:10 PM BST
at least they have left til death do us part alone Grin
Report thurnscoe thunder June 14, 2020 12:14 PM BST
White Chicks, surely cant have black people playing white folk especially women, surely that breaks 2 rules, not yet seen the powers that be have a go at this blatant racism and sexism.
Report elisjohn June 14, 2020 12:14 PM BST
yes, exactly WHO ARE THEY,someone has to sanction these things, so who are they?
Report punchestown June 14, 2020 12:16 PM BST
They are the same "They knew" that Big Mac was always going on about...Surprised
Report sparrow June 14, 2020 12:28 PM BST
They are the loonies on both sides of this fence.
Report GEORGE.B June 14, 2020 12:40 PM BST
Just like 1930s Germany, it starts with the book burning...
Report Pilsudski June 14, 2020 12:42 PM BST
Brown Sugar Rolling Stones.
Report Pilsudski June 14, 2020 12:44 PM BST
Spot on,Doorman 99.
Report leif June 14, 2020 2:06 PM BST
The Black and White minstrel show, or at least the Black minstrels. Mind Your Language (borderline racist/definitely xenophobic)- Françoise Pascal Tongue OutTongue OutTongue Out
Report GEORGE.B June 14, 2020 2:08 PM BST
Jim Davidson and 'Chalky'
Report saxon farm June 14, 2020 2:27 PM BST
Just destroyed my vhs of TARZAN OF THE APES before I get my collar felt!
Report leif June 14, 2020 2:27 PM BST
Mernard Banning at the Embassy club
Report bettysboy June 14, 2020 2:29 PM BST
i am going to regret this, but why did Alex Hayley (author of "Roots") call the title character ****e Kinta?
Report MJK June 14, 2020 2:32 PM BST

Jun 14, 2020 -- 8:29AM, bettysboy wrote:

i am going to regret this, but why did Alex Hayley (author of "Roots") call the title character ****e Kinta?

Funny that even after he admitted to making the story up he was still hailed by some as some kind of hero

Report rue-the- day June 14, 2020 2:37 PM BST
Porridge- Jim "Jock" McLaren is played by Tony Osoba. McLaren, who claims to have been adopted, is a black man from Greenock, Scotland. This led to a string of racist abuse when he first arrived at Slade Prison. Fletcher, in reference to his Scottish upbringing, frequently calls him "Jock". Upon arrival, he was an angry young man, and it was left up to Fletcher to calm him down and to curb the abuse he received. A keen football player, he was soon turning out every Saturday afternoon for the inter-wing football matches. He supports Greenock Morton.
Report MJK June 14, 2020 2:41 PM BST
Some episodes he looked as though he had make up on to make him look darker
Report MALAY June 14, 2020 2:47 PM BST
they were total **** anyway, who cares ? does anybody still watch that muck ?
Report FatPunt June 14, 2020 2:49 PM BST
'THEY' will have to ban snooker. Stop the white hitting the black. ffs.
Report bettysboy June 14, 2020 2:56 PM BST
despite my age, i dont see colour. I was brought up amongst italians, maltese, irish, indians coloured south africans, english and bangladeshi. I loved them all and learned a lot from their cuisine and kindness. I grew up in the sixties and seventies (and was even young enough to enjoy the eighties), so i learned alongside so many others that humour is humour, a joke is a joke and it is no more than that. "Poking" fun is age old and does not stifle loyalties nor love. Banter is something i would not like to do without and, i think, nor would my many friends
Report 11kv June 14, 2020 2:56 PM BST
Laugh
Report 11kv June 14, 2020 2:56 PM BST
Laugh
Report jackdaw June 15, 2020 4:04 PM BST
The sequel to the film version of On the Buses was the equally mind-numbing Mutiny on the Buses. Not a shred of humour or merit in either of them.
Report Willie Shafter. June 15, 2020 4:15 PM BST
african bloke on tele earlier,mhungi,he's starting an online tie selling company,hopes to sell millions,if it does will it make him a tycoon?
Report sludge June 15, 2020 4:23 PM BST
Naughty Willie....but very very funny !  It made me chuckle to myself.
Report Willie Shafter. June 15, 2020 4:41 PM BST
Grin
Report carrot1960 June 15, 2020 4:56 PM BST
Don't forget Tom and Gerry and Elmer Fudd
Report carrot1960 June 15, 2020 5:00 PM BST
Will the same apply to the endless list of films where American Black actors don't have a problem calling each other "N*gger" when they are getting paid to say the word
Report BARROWBOY June 15, 2020 6:48 PM BST
Ffs,why not just put a warning before the programme that some sensitive souls might be offended.theres always the off button.
Report glentoby June 15, 2020 7:37 PM BST
The Black And White Minstrel Show,in colour? My father objected to the extra cost of a Colour TV licence for repeats,carried it on for our dogs.Only Border Collies,Black Labs and Black and White Springers,the B & W licence was cheaper,my first day of freedom was a Tan and white boxer named Suzie.

Strange thing she used to leap out and grab the tails of out Fresian heffers,never thought she was racist but then never thought she would ever be considered as such,she never did this to a Jersey heffer.All these decades assuming dogs and Bulls were colour blind like myself in terms of race etc.

How wrong can one be? My dad had great BLACK friends in SA and Congo as did I all over the world.How many of these reformists ever met an African Black from Africa and how many were asked about racism? Absolutely NONE my guess,the ones I know think the comedies and show are little short of genius and an honest reflection of Social History,not demeaning,not derogatory.......if you get de meening man?
Report rue-the- day June 15, 2020 8:44 PM BST
In response to a complaint that there is not enough African, caribbean or asian and eastern europeans appearing on TV, bbc television have decided that crimewatch will now be shown twice a week
Report glentoby June 15, 2020 8:47 PM BST
Cool
Report leif June 15, 2020 8:48 PM BST

Jun 15, 2020 -- 2:44PM, rue-the- day wrote:

In response to a complaint that there is not enough African, caribbean or asian and eastern europeans appearing on TV, bbc television have decided that crimewatch will now be shown twice a week

Hope they balance it out with out-takes of white-collar crime

Report glentoby June 15, 2020 8:50 PM BST
Vicars and priests leif?DevilWink
Report Magic__Daps June 15, 2020 10:34 PM BST
Cereals are now racist according to an actual MP - the one that got banged up for telling porkies about her driving offence:

I really thought this was some sort of joke when my mate sent it to me.

Fiona Onasanya

@Fiona_Onasanya

@KelloggsUK, as you are yet to reply to my email - Coco Pops and Rice Krispies have the same compòsition (except for the fact CP's are brown and chocolate flavoured)... so I was wondering why Rice Krispies have three white boys representing the brand and Coco Pops have a monkey?
Report Magic__Daps June 15, 2020 10:41 PM BST
Sorry ex MP!
Report smirnoff2therescue June 15, 2020 10:52 PM BST
watching the re-runs of auf and they hav cut out so much but still its funny......

they will ban it all b4 long

hope a well mate CoolCoolHappyHappy
Report smirnoff2therescue June 15, 2020 10:54 PM BST
ya
Report lovegod June 16, 2020 9:11 AM BST
More sexist I would have thought by the way they used to talk about the clippies.
Report punchestown June 16, 2020 3:52 PM BST
None of you must be old enough to remember Love Thy Neighbor SurprisedSurprised
Report lovegod June 16, 2020 3:53 PM BST
I remember it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com