Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
isleham
31 Mar 20 23:16
| Topic/replies: 2,274 | Blogger: isleham's blog
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere and quite old news but the above club are furloughing 550 employees and claiming the 80% government scheme which is actually our money while carrying on paying the players 100s of thousand pounds a week.
Pause Switch to Standard View Tottenham Hotspur
Show More
Report duffy March 31, 2020 11:23 PM BST
Daniel Levy is forced to take a pay cut, I hope he manages, poor chap.
Report sparrow March 31, 2020 11:46 PM BST
I heard on the radio that Levy made 7 million from the club last year.
Report Coachbuster April 1, 2020 12:22 AM BST
like i said before ..this scheme is the biggest hair brained scheme ever  ...now rancid football clubs getting on board 

a 10 year old with learning difficulties could see this scheme would be open to abuse

thick public school coonts  running the show
Report Coachbuster April 1, 2020 12:26 AM BST
the people who dream up these ideas would never survive in the real world  ...  on a normal or low wage  they'd have  a job getting out of their front door without  help from a carer.
Report Wesdag April 1, 2020 12:33 AM BST
That's what happens when the MSM are pushing for action yesterday - daft schemes & policies are the result.

Sunak should come back & say the goalposts have moved & tell such pi55takers to phuck off.
Report Coachbuster April 1, 2020 2:55 AM BST
too late now ,they'll jump on board like a plague of rats .

No surprise with Ashley  and Spurs ,but Norwich disappoint me . I thought they were better than that .

Government are too trusting of people to do the right thing ... some people can't be trusted .
Report lovegod April 1, 2020 7:43 AM BST
If the first team squad gave up one weeks wages then that would surely sort out the backroom staff for a while?
Report impossible123 April 1, 2020 4:19 PM BST
Shame on the footballers. They are the ones on fantasy pay some equivalent to winning the Lotto weekly, and can only dreamed about by the general public. They are also behaving like the elites at the BBC eg Linekar, and some ridiculously highly paid presenters and newscasters who were not affected in a purge of personnel and pay.

Let's hope a bit of name-and-shame can activate some moral fibres of some footballers; Real Madrid players voluntarily taking a 70% haircut.
Report diabolicalliability April 1, 2020 4:24 PM BST
I keep hearing how clever Levy is, these are not the actions of a clever man.
Report ProSniper April 1, 2020 4:33 PM BST
Not the EPL being shown up for the cold, heartless, money grabbing "brand" it is Shocked
Report posy April 1, 2020 4:44 PM BST
Let me get this right ...the backroom staff are still employed by the club and the Government is paying 80% of their wages up to a maximum of £2500 a month. Is it known if the club are making up the difference ?

The presumably working class bred players are continuing to take their obscene salaries in full...........you couldn't make it up.
Report impossible123 April 1, 2020 4:47 PM BST
Some human beings have no scruples when it comes to money, Covid-19 or no Covid-19.
Report Coachbuster April 1, 2020 5:21 PM BST
'can activate some moral fibres of some footballers'

and good luck with that plan  Plain
Report Coachbuster April 1, 2020 5:27 PM BST
'The presumably working class bred players'

they're mainly lower working class  ....  working class by and large are a decent strand of society   
80 %  of the UK is normal working class ....most middle classes are effectively working class these days  ...around 10% or lower are in the underclass - sink estate society
Report posy April 1, 2020 5:28 PM BST
coachbuster...i totally agree with your correction to my post
Report Johnny_Mustang April 1, 2020 6:43 PM BST
Totally classless football club. No, make that absolutely filthy. Sadly nothing more than I’d expect from them all the same.

Thankfully other North London clubs are available.
Report the dealer April 1, 2020 6:47 PM BST
shocking behaviour, bbit coming up on the itv news shortly
Report isleham April 1, 2020 6:53 PM BST
Previously mourinho given positive PR for packing food parcels but when it comes to money not so prominent
Report the dealer April 1, 2020 6:59 PM BST
Newcastle and Norwich as well, surely if asked these footballers would take a wage cut?
Report salmon spray April 1, 2020 7:00 PM BST
Frankly I hope all the EPL clubs go bust and they can all f*** off to China.
Report Coachbuster April 1, 2020 7:05 PM BST
posy ...no worries ... nice that there are a lot of decent folk around Happy
Report duffy April 1, 2020 7:25 PM BST
Coachbuster 01 Apr 20 01:55 
Norwich disappoint me . I thought they were better than that .

I saw what you did thereGrin
Report EastLower Gooner April 1, 2020 9:25 PM BST
Devil
Report lord skywalker April 1, 2020 9:30 PM BST
only one answer cancel all sky sports/bt sports,etc then see how the epl pays its players then, take a while to filter thru but would eventually sadly though people will continue to pay vastly inflated prices to sky,virgin and the rest to see there heroes in action
Report ffaith April 1, 2020 10:28 PM BST
Zaha born in Abijan and who plays for Cote D'ivoire has done more than Kane MBE(born and bred in London)and Rooney(only contributribution to the crisis is to talk about guinea pigs)put together at least publicly.  They dont help themselves.
Report jackboo April 1, 2020 10:51 PM BST
i hope thay all go skint , look at the prices the funs have got to pay to watch a game
Report themightymac April 1, 2020 10:55 PM BST
Absolutely disgraceful, if correct.
Report windsor knot April 1, 2020 10:57 PM BST
brains in their feet indeed . i believe the clubs / players reps meet on friday . expect some backtracking and / or financial repositioning surely . no one can be that thick surely  ...oh, forgot . spurs are involved .
Report ihal essex April 1, 2020 11:03 PM BST
No surprise the identity of the two clubs leading this scandal - Tottenham and Newcastle - scumbag outfits led by the philanthropic duo Daniel Levy and Mike Ashley!!
Report themightymac April 1, 2020 11:04 PM BST
Time for these over paid players (at all clubs) to voluntary take a big cut in wages, during these difficult times, to ensure the wages of the background staff.
Report salmon spray April 2, 2020 10:29 AM BST
The pigs have just flown past my window.
Report impossible123 April 2, 2020 11:38 AM BST
The fans should stay away on their 1st home game to express their utmost contempt and disgust at the club and the behaviour of the footballers.
Report isleham April 2, 2020 11:40 AM BST
nice idea but like Mac pigs have flown past my window as well
Report maleuk01. April 2, 2020 11:43 AM BST
Mike Ashley and Daniel Levy absolute loathsome individuals.

No Prem league club or champ club should be on Furlough.

How can you ask the taxpayer to pay wages to certain individuals when many staff (players) are still earning over 100k a week. Its immoral.

If the players  arent going to work then stick them on Furlough if the club is struggling financially.

All this contributing 100k to nhs etc from clubs or letting them use car parks etc etc is peanuts and is a publicity stunt.

Players should have a 70% pay cut if earning 10k a week or more. That would cover all non playing staff wages.

Any surplus money should be given to local hospitals for medical kit.

We are all losing out during this time, those with more can and should contribute more.

I work in sales and am on Furlough, i only get 80% of basic, commission isnt taken into account. It is what it is, we all have to make sacrifices.

Also these billionires asking for govt handouts like Branson is disgusting, dip into your own vast wealth to pay the wages of people whose hard work has earnt you the billions.
Report Hibore April 2, 2020 12:04 PM BST
It’s illegal to force anyone to take a reduced salary even in the current situation. The only thing Spurs or Norwich can do is send an email to each player asking if they would accept a reduced wage. This would be confidential in most cases who agreed and who refused.
Maybe they have already done this and everyone refused. In that case Spurs are powerless to enforce any reductions.
Report kevo April 2, 2020 12:04 PM BST
Stomach churning greed and selfishness.
Report isleham April 2, 2020 12:16 PM BST
with gordon taylor egging the players on there is little chance of the right moral actions being taken
Report equine flew April 2, 2020 12:24 PM BST
It is not illegal Hibore, it is a breach of contract and hence a Civil Law matter.  The player could take the club to court, but I would imagine there would be public backlash for any players that did so.
Report EastLower Gooner April 2, 2020 12:25 PM BST
Are they still a Jewish run club?
Report posy April 2, 2020 12:27 PM BST
Gordon Taylor of the pfa received over £2 million pounds in 2017. He's been in charge since 1981 so must be worth an absolute fortune.......talk about fat cat union bosses.
Report impossible123 April 2, 2020 12:59 PM BST
I suggest Spurs consult Real Madrid. Their significantly better players had all agreed to a 70% haircut.

I agree. For a Premiership (it's swimming with SKY/BT money) Football club like Spurs it's criminal and shameful the backroom staff have to take a paycut or furlough, but not the players on mega money. Which of these two groups of employees can afford to pay for basic food and rent?

I'd advocate the players be verbally abused whilst on the pitch by home and away fans. They are football scumbags!
Report salmon spray April 2, 2020 1:18 PM BST
Tbf Levey only owns about 30% of the club,the rest belongs to Clive Lewis a British Bahamian based billionaire,who owns the Tavistock group. Lewis lives on New Providence once the base of the most famous pirates. I shall say no more.
Report posy April 2, 2020 2:17 PM BST
Are you sure you don't mean Joe Lewis ?
Report salmon spray April 2, 2020 2:22 PM BST
It is just possible I might mean Joe Lewis,posy      Blush
Report impossible123 April 2, 2020 2:24 PM BST
Clive Lewis is a plonker who was eliminated in the 1st round of the Labour Party leadership contest; a smug and useless political imbecile. He's not fit to lace the shoe of Joe Lewis.
Report Reynard April 2, 2020 2:28 PM BST
co-owner virus Crazy
Report diabolicalliability April 2, 2020 3:13 PM BST
so if you break a players contract he can leave for free
Report diabolicalliability April 2, 2020 3:15 PM BST
break the tea ladies contract
Report kevo April 2, 2020 4:08 PM BST
BBC News

Tax 'obscene' furloughing by football clubs - MPs
Premier League football clubs which do not cut the salaries of highly-paid players while furloughing non-playing staff must be told by the government to pay a windfall tax, says the Department of Culture, Media and Sport parliamentary committee.

DCMS committee chair Julian Knight has written to Chancellor Rishi Sunak urging for sanctions to be brought in to stop clubs pursuing what he describes as "a two-tier system".

"We are facing an obscene situation where top players who aren’t working are continuing to see hundreds of thousands of pounds roll in each week while the staff who keep the clubs going are losing wages," says Mr Knight.

Clubs have come under fire for not deferring the wages of their players, with players' union the Professional Footballers' Association facing criticism for its slow response.
Report Johnny_Mustang April 2, 2020 4:10 PM BST
impossible123
I suggest Spurs consult Real Madrid. Their significantly better players had all agreed to a 70% haircut.

Would look slightly odd. Wonder what 30% they're keeping?
Report impossible123 April 2, 2020 4:58 PM BST
Can they not claim on PPI? This was supposed to protect against unforeseen circumstances that could prevent the subscriber from earning or doing their job.
Report ffaith April 2, 2020 5:18 PM BST
How rich and ironic a member of this ghastly government complaining about the creation of a two-tier system.
Monumental hypocrisy.
Report Wesdag April 2, 2020 5:24 PM BST
has there ever been a one-tier system?
Report ashleigh April 2, 2020 5:26 PM BST
gary lineker announces he has given 2 months wages to the british red cross, small change from him.Angry
Report Wesdag April 2, 2020 5:36 PM BST
merely highlights how over-paid he is just like those other smug coonts at the beeb
Report posy April 2, 2020 5:36 PM BST
Why do so called celebrities feel the need to advertise their charitable giving ;no doubt he'll claim the donation against his income so fortunately  it won't cost him an arm and a leg..
Report kevo April 2, 2020 5:59 PM BST
Gary should say that he's donating on behalf of the millions of TV license payers, without them etc.
Report isleham April 2, 2020 6:09 PM BST
gary presumably happy with present virus..will be asking for new brexit vote as so many old
brexiteers are no longer around
Report impossible123 April 3, 2020 12:21 AM BST
I think he's the most unskilled former footballer turned sports presenter. Can anyone remember how awful he was at the beginning? But for his past profession he'd never have been a presenter or persevered with - he was woeful at the outset.

I'd value the donation from a labourer for the same period more than Linekar, why? The former is proper work.
Report Coolsinger April 3, 2020 3:47 PM BST
I have today cancelled my membership.I have followed my club since the age of 7[Actually attended matches earlier than that when my Dad used to sit me on his shoulders at the Park Lane end].I AM 67 Tomorrow!
Levy has gone totally over the top this time!Even if the players did now take a pay cut-it is too late.
                                                  I watched my final game there in January.The stadium is fantastic but their prices are
well-over-the-top!
I was born and bred in Tottenham and it was good to go back.
Mr.Levy and Joe Lewis sell the club to someone who cares about the club and the fans who pay their hard-earned to support it.
                                                  I have told the club of my feelings and sadly i will never be seen in that stadium again.
Report impossible123 April 3, 2020 3:59 PM BST
^^
I'm sorry you feel this way - Spurs have erred big time. But, they are a football club with a very different mentality on moral and decency, and they are not alone by a long way; the number 1 motto for most football clubs is success at all cots. Like Arsenal they did right not to splash out big on players, and players wages but keeping some back for the stadium.

They've made a mistake. As long as they put things right I think Spurs is an ok club to support. Let's hope they''ll do you a good deed eg upgrade your membership for no extra money.
Report impossible123 April 3, 2020 4:01 PM BST
Latest: Proposal to ask players to take a 30% cut in wages. Plus donating £125m to EFL and National League; another £20m to NHS.
Report 23nights April 3, 2020 4:59 PM BST
ribero put up a must read about joe lewis..google mint press -joe lewis
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com