Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dambuster
10 Nov 18 13:49
| Topic/replies: 5,049 | Blogger: dambuster's blog
FFFF not a lot of change there
Pause Switch to Standard View Rubys last 4 rides ..FFFF
Show More
Report ima_mazed66 November 10, 2018 6:52 PM GMT
It won't always be the case but Ruby is likely to have more falls than some jockeys who ease their mounts when beaten and come home in their own time because many of the horses he rides are in contention for longer and are going at racing pace jumping the final few obstacles.

It does amuse me a little though to hear that despite him being NH Champion Jockey in Ireland 12 times after having won the amateur title twice, or that he's the winning most jockey at the Cheltenham Festival with 58 wins over a 20 year period of earliest to latest that includes the Arkle, Bumper, Champion Hurdle, Gold Cup, Queen Mother, RSA, Triumph and World/Stayers' Hurdle with some of those won several times, or has at least once won all of the Aintree, Irish, Scottish and Welsh Grand Nationals, or had won 2 French Champion Hurdles, as well as having won big races in America, Australia and Japan, or that he has ridden over 2,500 career winners and counting, or that he has been awarded the Horse Racing Ireland National Hunt award 5 times as well as has been the International Jockey of the Year 3 times at the Lester's, yet he is apparently vastly overrated....What chance have the rest of them got then I wonder? Confused

Do you have the statistics basilbrush to back up your claim "his record for fallers is far worse than any other jockey" or did you just pluck....say that off the top of your head? I'm also not exactly sure why 4 consecutive falls is any more or less incompetent than say a fall every other ride from 8 either. Surely if the horses are going to fall anyway (and its they that jump the obstacles and not the jockeys) then the sequences of races is largely irrelevant.
Report hulk23 November 10, 2018 7:11 PM GMT
Paddy Power profits soar as Paddy Power ambassador falls off yet another fav ...
Report Dr Crippen November 10, 2018 8:00 PM GMT
Good post from ima_mazed66
Report DenzilPenberthy November 10, 2018 8:17 PM GMT
I remember the Kevin Blake article about last fence fallers obviously this is somewhat different,as far as NH jockeys go Walsh for me is the best there's ever been.

http://www.attheraces.com/article/570435
Report EastLower Gooner November 10, 2018 8:19 PM GMT
Like a champion boxer whose chin has gone...time for Willie to have a chat with him.
Report TheBigFatBookie November 10, 2018 9:03 PM GMT
The bloke is without any doubt past it.
Yes,he WAS a great jockey when in his prime but old father time has caught up with him.......problem is, he doesn't think so.
I certainly can never remember in my 45 years in racing a top jockey falling off so many horse at the last. This is obviously on his mind during a race as he is transmitting this lack of confidence to the horse.
If this continues surely Mullins has to sack him and hand over the reigns to the younger brigade.
His arrogant manner does not help to make him remotely likeable imvho.
Ruby do us a favour.....trot off.
Btw still will never forgive you falling at the last at Cheltenham on Annie Power......cost me bloody thousands. Yep pocket talking but who bloody cares!!
Report sewter lives again November 10, 2018 9:17 PM GMT
his talent is indisputable backed up by the facts trotted out by ima

however, it is always worrying when an older jock starts to have a lot of falls, anno domini gets everyone in the end
Report windsor knot November 10, 2018 9:25 PM GMT
i think similar thoughts being posted on previous threads ....i want him to retire before the ' wenger effect ' means we remember his falls and not his brilliant rides . a great jockey , possibly the best all rounder , in his pomp .
Report jimeen November 10, 2018 9:28 PM GMT
Ruby was the best NH rider that ever rode , but not anymore. Time waits for nobody , and likewise Geraghty is another one who’s a shadow of his former self .
Report windsor knot November 10, 2018 9:33 PM GMT
jimeen , you are spot on . i just think they are frightened of giving it up , its been their 24 hour a day life . bur so many youngsters snapping to come through . i think bryony frost is the best girl ive ever seen , on a par with rachel blackmore . young bowen is very hard ...as you say , times move on .
Report jimeen November 10, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
I never thought I’d see the day that girls would be a positive when betting a horse , but it has arrived . There are some really good jockeys in Britain right now , as well as the usual duds
The likes of the Bowen’s, De Boinville, Johnson, Jacob, Scudamore, Brennan, Fehily, Hughes are all excellent riders and rarely make mistakes . You then have a few run of the millers like Twiston-Davies, Cobden, Hutchinson, wedge, O Brien , Bass, who are just about ok, and then you have the likes of Scholfield , Gethings , Cawley , Aspell , Bannister , McLernon, Woods , Fox, Nichol, Powell , Tinkler , Lizzie Kelly , who are nigh on unbackable
Report Racingqueen November 10, 2018 9:50 PM GMT
nigh on? Laugh
Report andyl November 10, 2018 9:50 PM GMT
jimmy talking pony as per.

wd dambuster..must of bagged up laying his rides.
Report ima_mazed66 November 10, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
hulk23    10 Nov 18 19:11 
Paddy Power profits soar as Paddy Power ambassador falls off yet another fav ...

Meaning what exactly? Is there any implication in your comment?

Dr Crippen    10 Nov 18 20:00 
Good post from ima_mazed66

Thank you.

In a general reply I still think the age thing is a bit of a red herring in many ways. Yes jockeys have to be fit and they tend to be regardless of age but as I've said on here before, it's not the same as in other sports where age becomes more of a factor  due to not being able to perform in those that require being physically active for a sustained period. Jockeys are only actively involved in anything physical for very shorter periods at a time and get plenty of recovery time in between.

I would say that the vast majority of NH jockeys pack up due to injury, lack of rides/drop in quality of rides, other job opportunities or have just decided they have had enough of the grind of dieting, early morning starts, travelling and so on, more than it being any age factor. Yes of course any NH jockey who has been riding for say 15-20 years will be of a certain age anyway, but I'm sure McCoy was older than Ruby is now when he packed up yet still won several top class races in his final season and Noel Fehily and Richard Johnson are both older than Ruby too.
Report sewter lives again November 10, 2018 10:08 PM GMT
ima you have to admit though that other sports dont result in some of the pretty bad injuries that RW has had
Report shlotter November 11, 2018 4:39 AM GMT
I personally think Mr Walsh should have retired ten years ago for his long term health, he has had some terrible injuries. No doubt he was one of the finest jockeys ever, but I actually think his reactions at certain times when he asks a horse to go long at the final fence has meant some high profile falls. One thing I think Mr Walsh should consider is getting his eyes tested. I have a feeling his vision is not 20/20, as a result of other injuries and minor complications.  I hope he does the wise thing and call it a day before another very serious fall.
Report shlotter November 11, 2018 4:39 AM GMT
I personally think Mr Walsh should have retired ten years ago for his long term health, he has had some terrible injuries. No doubt he was one of the finest jockeys ever, but I actually think his reactions at certain times when he asks a horse to go long at the final fence has meant some high profile falls. One thing I think Mr Walsh should consider is getting his eyes tested. I have a feeling his vision is not 20/20, as a result of other injuries and minor complications.  I hope he does the wise thing and call it a day before another very serious fall.
Report skiptoomaloumacari November 11, 2018 4:48 AM GMT
Walsh's record for fallers at the last truly appalling, but his fanatics just won't have it.......also it doesn't help that his public persona is that of an extremely arrogant and unpleasant man, who seems to care little for his horses..... He never has been one of my favourites..
Report workrider November 11, 2018 9:39 AM GMT
Anyone bothering to go near the paddock would have noticed that Footpad got warm on what was a cold day, his coat had not come through either, who knows maybe he has fallen at home. Regards Ruby surely the greatest N.H. jockey in the past 50 years, Sadlier was also on his toes bigtime in the paddock Ruby did well to get him onto the course as it happens.That's just a little reflection of yesterday, maybe they thought running Footpad @ 90% would be enough, did they believe the English challenger would have turned up, I doubt it .
Ruby was unlucky on both his mounts, Footpad never really relished the fences, in fact the winner put in a few poor jumps. Had Footpad jumped the last it would have been close, his turn of foot is amazing and he hadn't been asked a serious question.
Sadlier looked to have his race won at the last or had he ?. Mark hadn't asked his mount for everything either,D'allen was a top class horse last year and looked a picture in the paddock and there was plenty of money for him as well. Ruby presented him beautifully at the last, the HORSE made the mistake not Ruby least we forget, will he retire that's another question altogether. Having suffered like most on here at his falls I can understand the frustration, but make no mistake this guy is FAR from finished..
Report Gordon63 November 11, 2018 12:41 PM GMT
hi workrider - interesting that footpad drifted from 2/9 to sp of 4/9 and saldier from 5/4 to 13/8 which supports what you say below about their appearance beforehand - i backed espoir but thought it was beaten, but good to see it back close to form - backed saint calvados each run last year but left alone yesterday as was out all afternoon, on soft going this is a proper horse and looks like it will be the one to take on altior as wouldn't be surprised if footpad went up in trip
Report Gordon63 November 11, 2018 12:43 PM GMT
and good to see gavin cromwell making sustained run to join the top rank of irish trainers
Report superbigal November 11, 2018 12:48 PM GMT
No markets on quick grabem to fall
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND November 11, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
It is alright defending him, however, it just seems to regular. To put it another way, If, I back him to win, I always leave a
lay price up, because it is him. It seems if he does fall, it will be the last.
Maybe, he has been unlucky a few times, however, you cannot keep saying it was unlucky.
Report houseofpain November 11, 2018 1:02 PM GMT
Its a strange anomaly to say the least, how would he compare stats wise with the other half a dozen top jocks for last flight falls ??
Report Gordon63 November 11, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
workrider - interesting to see if quick grabim is as good as he looked at tipperary, just like racing if ruby had a good day
Report mukdahan November 11, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
Dire effort there as well
Report hulk23 November 11, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
disgraceful stuff from ruby ..
Report superbigal November 11, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
Paul Townend showing whos the proper jockey
Report Baphornet November 11, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
That was just incompetent
Report Racingqueen November 11, 2018 1:11 PM GMT
never put in the race.
Report corruptus in extremus November 11, 2018 1:11 PM GMT
Please put Townend back on. He just suits the horse much better cos he's a jockey
Report Racingqueen November 11, 2018 1:12 PM GMT
that race sums up what Irish racing has become, 1 stable, multiple owners and they decide which horse tries in which race.
Report pa lapsy November 11, 2018 1:13 PM GMT
Agree,gave the horse no chance even allowing for 2nd last, chronic ride.

What was the idiot doing who ran onto track?
Report superbigal November 11, 2018 1:14 PM GMT
Nice run of 11 loser for Ruby.  All 11 favs or 2nd favs.
Report hulk23 November 11, 2018 1:15 PM GMT
as long as he remains on the payroll of a major bookmaker these rides will be - and should be - called into question ...
Report TheBigFatBookie November 11, 2018 1:21 PM GMT
Horse never put in the race.....simple reason Walsh had no intention of winning!
ATR quick to say he needs further.....ummmm he won at this trip last time!
Report loper November 11, 2018 1:22 PM GMT
I give up!

Having posted stats that prove that Ruby falls of more than any other jockey several times over the years, his acolytes still ask were's the proof!
Report Arklearkle November 11, 2018 1:38 PM GMT
Last 5 years all races
RW 31 per cent wins - 30 per cent ytd
RJ 20 per cent

Proves if proof were needed that his horses are in contention at last more than most so more tired and under more pressure. He's bound to have more fallers then.
Report impossible123 November 11, 2018 1:42 PM GMT
I thought Mullins stated Footpad was going great guns at home eg his work was very good. I think Walsh ought to have accepted the fate on Footpad, and not subject the horse to more punishment after making another mistake down the back straight. Look at the injury he caused Killultagh Vic after the horse slid on his belly after jumping the last - Walsh got him going again vigorously to win, and as a result the horse missed over a year due to an over-reach and pulled muscle.
Report Baphornet November 11, 2018 1:48 PM GMT
tbh any horse would need further with a ride like that
Report loper November 11, 2018 1:51 PM GMT
Last 5 years all races
RW 31 per cent wins - 30 per cent ytd
RJ 20 per cent

Proves if proof were needed that his horses are in contention at last more than most so more tired and under more pressure. He's bound to have more fallers then.

Hilarious stuff. Should be Donald Trump's fact finder.
Report Arklearkle November 11, 2018 1:56 PM GMT
Loper if you want to read something hilarious have a look again at your 13.27 post on the other thread!
Report basilbrush November 11, 2018 2:38 PM GMT
Well....its good to see the vast majority on here agree that Rubys days are numbered, and that he does in fact fall far more more regularly then other jockey riding today. Everyones welcome to their opinion, but the Ruby Walsh apologists are in denial and their comments are completely pompous and must be ego driven as they are so hopelessly wrong. There are none so blind as those who wont see, channel vision, rose tinted spectacles, or pure stupidity, who knows.
Report davethehat November 11, 2018 2:45 PM GMT
Big up basil absolutely true and great post. Obviously Walsh has a good strike rate riding for Mullins but how good would it be if the kernt didn't fall at the last so many times he's lost his bottle end of. Think we should start backing him with fallen insurance lmfao what a tawat. And to the ruby Bj guys what's your excuses for the absolutely disgraceful effort on quick grabim in the 1.05 today at naval explain that away cos it looked FERKING bent IMVHO
Report chavman November 11, 2018 2:49 PM GMT
ok mart
Report ima_mazed66 November 11, 2018 3:22 PM GMT
sewter lives again    10 Nov 18 22:08 
ima you have to admit though that other sports dont result in some of the pretty bad injuries that RW has had

Yeah but what I was more meaning is that if jockey X is say 40 years old, no longer has a top job and so wasn't getting the quality rides like before and so that is reflected in the number of winners, then that often automatically gets put down to age and being incapable of what they could do in their 20s and 30s, despite there might be other jockeys still riding better than ever in their mid-40s and approaching 50, except they have a decent stable jockey job and are still getting the good rides.

shlotter    11 Nov 18 04:39 
......One thing I think Mr Walsh should consider is getting his eyes tested. I have a feeling his vision is not 20/20...

Prescription goggles maybe? Cool

loper    11 Nov 18 13:22 
I give up!

Having posted stats that prove that Ruby falls of more than any other jockey several times over the years, his acolytes still ask were's the proof!

Nobody is saying Ruby doesn't fall but I've seen stats where yes he was in the #1 position for it on 7.4% of rides ending with a fall but the the next on the list was Tom O'Brien with 7.3%, yet who from the two of them do you think rides more horses that are staying in contention for longer in their races and maybe in a head to head with another rival or rivals in the latter stages, where jumping at racing speed and tiredness of horses becomes a factor? Within the same set of statistics Tom O'Brien was top for unseated on 5% with Ruby in 7th with 2.6% with the top 20 going down to 1.4%.

Sometimes it's just a perception due to falls or unseatings by higher profile horses ridden by higher profile jockeys getting noticed more, whereas with someone like Tom O'Brien it slips under the radar. Sam Thomas lost a high profile job that effectively ended his riding career because he had a spell of quite close together tumbles on big name horses on weekend races, yet overall his figures apparently were 3.5% for falls (so less than half of Ruby's) and 2.9% for unseated.
Report loper November 11, 2018 3:31 PM GMT
Ruby Walsh falls off twice as often as McCoy and Johnson.

Can you explain why, having ridden in  1000s more races than Ruby and ridden twice as many winners and competed in races with on average far bigger fields than he does,why the facts dont add up?
Report sageform November 11, 2018 3:39 PM GMT
It is possible that his centre of gravity is further forward than some jockeys which causes a tired horse to knuckle over on landing as a lot of his falls do.
Report doorman99 November 11, 2018 3:47 PM GMT
Francome said in an interview that Ruby changes his hands slightly at the last minute going into the last fence thereby distracting the horse (I think that was the gist of it).
Report slip5 November 11, 2018 4:47 PM GMT
There is no talent that can take his place at the moment
Report Baphornet November 11, 2018 5:20 PM GMT
He hasn't lost his 'bottle' in my opinion; i could name you jockeys who have and you would soon see the difference. He's just not as good as he was, that could be from an accumulation of reasons, none of which we know for sure. Age, of course catches up with everyone
Report workrider November 11, 2018 5:41 PM GMT
Sorry Gordon was at Navan only home and saw this, backed Apple Jade 11/10 and Us and Them 5/1 only downside was Felix . Not sure about this fellow I know this for a fact Elliot thinks the world of him, but on today's showing I'll be giving him a miss. Ruby will be back stronger than ever and all this is only fuel for him to show them he's still King...
Report kavvie November 11, 2018 5:52 PM GMT
so ..here we have ruby walsh,39 years of age.has had a huge amount of injurys but has recovered bravely from them. 58 cheltenham festival wins,11 times cheltenham leading jockey,12 times irish champion jockey. over 2000 career wins .the opinions from the keyboard warriors here are that he jumps off horses at 35mph because paddy power tells him to. his eyesight is bad.john francome says he isnt presenting horses right at final obstacles.   so we have a bent, blind jockey who cant see a proper stride coming to the last obstacle in races!!   despite his wins to rides ratio at 30% and his falls to rides in line with other top jockeys..but dont let facts stand in your way people!!

my own opinion is that hes the greatest nh jockey weve ever seen and continues to be.
Report kavvie November 11, 2018 6:00 PM GMT
and just for the record i had a big bet today on quick grabim.  the mistake 2 out was the reason he didnt fight out the finish.
Report jimeen November 11, 2018 6:06 PM GMT
Kavvie , if you are out the back and you make a mistake, then you have no chance to recover . If you ride horses like that then you cannot afford any mistakes . Ruby was the best rider ever but he’s lost his aura now , he’s gone and what’s worse for him, the guys riding against him , know he’s gone.
Report kavvie November 11, 2018 6:12 PM GMT
would you agree jimeen that thats his style on most horses all his life..settle at the back and creep into it?  i agree a mistake fcuks you but its mostly worked for him all his life..
Report jimeen November 11, 2018 6:25 PM GMT
Kavvie , ruby could ride them any way , from the back or from the front , when he was at his absolute peak , there was nobody even close to him, but it’s all changed now . He’s not a shadow of what he was , he’s still better than most , but he’s nowhere near the standard of old .
Report kavvie November 11, 2018 6:33 PM GMT
hes not as good as he was but i cant see anyone better..the sh1te thats being spouted here i had to reply!!
Report loper November 11, 2018 6:44 PM GMT
his falls to rides in line with other top jockeys.

One thinks the above tells the world that your head and Ruby's nether regions are in total proximity, Kavvie.

Never let the facts get in the way of your religious beliefs.
Report kavvie November 11, 2018 6:55 PM GMT
and you have statistics to back up that loper? as in last fence falls when in contention ? as in rides to falls?
Report basilbrush November 11, 2018 6:59 PM GMT
Agreed Loper, its some trick getting both their heads that far up their delusional backsides.
Report kavvie November 11, 2018 7:06 PM GMT
go ahead and all agree with each other.it might make you feel good!!
Report andyl November 11, 2018 7:53 PM GMT
anyone laying rubys rides or just woffling sh!te?
Report hulk23 November 11, 2018 7:53 PM GMT
jockeys shouldn't have any association with a major bookmaker until they retire.  it's bad enough that we've got every major trainer walking around with a bookie's sponsored overcoat on ... just ridiculous
Report shlotter November 11, 2018 8:32 PM GMT
In reply to the gentleman who said "prescription goggles" about my thoughts on Mr Walsh's possible declining eyesight, I would suggest contact lenses. His vision is clearly not what it used to be. There is no disputing that Mr Walsh has been a fine jockey, but recently he has been making a serious number of errors.
Report ima_mazed66 November 12, 2018 6:20 AM GMT
I was just being flippant shlotter and all meant in good fun and almost as fun as reading the comment that an almost 40 year old jump jockey's days are apparently numbered.

I'd be surprised though if Ruby had any issues with his eyes to the extent that it affected his ability when jumping an obstacle considering even if he maybe isn't seeing things as well from afar, he will once he starts coming in to approach them. It's far more likely to be a case of his horse's stride pattern doesn't always meet the obstacle spot on so either puts in another stride and gets in too close or goes for a long one. That applies to all jockeys though regardless.

To use an analogy, most people have no difficulty crossing a road and stepping up on to a pavement but if you were walking along the pavement of a long main road, taking your normal stride length and crossed over several side roads along the way, each time you needed to step back up on to the pavement you will have a mixture of meeting it in a perfect stride, as well as a few where your last but one stride puts you closer to the kerb and others where you have to slightly reach for it to step up.

Another analogy is in athletics where you often see in the long jump an athlete count out their stride pattern and number of steps working backwards from the take off board, yet it still doesn't stop them from foul jumping when stepping over the line, or either standing farther off the board than ideal or having to put in a last few corrective stuttering strides before their take off.

As far as last hurdle or fence falls goes when a horse approaches it with a decent lead, the two options for the jockeys are to sit quietly and let the horse fiddle or pop it by itself when it knows instinctively or through habit or experience to take off at the obstacle, or they actively ask if for a jump instead. Oddly enough both options are apparently the right or wrong thing to do, depending on whether the horse stands up or not.
Report shlotter November 12, 2018 8:13 PM GMT
I think if Mr Walsh took the time to visit an optician before Leopardstown, then I think he will be back in the winners enclosure on a more frequent basis. If he does not at least have a check up then I fear he may have a very serious fall. Fairyhouse is on in a couple of weeks and the way he is riding I can see him doing cartwheels flying down Ballyhack...
Report sewter lives again November 12, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
as I said AD gets everyone in the end

the difficult part is acknowledging it and then acting on it-this is especially difficult for sportsmen like jockeys who have never known anything else in their lives
Report ima_mazed66 November 13, 2018 3:51 AM GMT
AD gets everyone in the end with what respect?
Report shlotter November 14, 2018 1:10 AM GMT
Mr McCoy, Mr Carberry, Mr Culloty and Mr Dunwoody all managed to get out of the game before the game got them. I have been following Mr Walsh since his apprentice days and if he has any sense he should start training before another bad fall potentially cripples him for life.
Report workrider November 14, 2018 10:46 AM GMT
Shlotter, A bad fall POTENTIALLY cripples ANYONE....
Report sewter lives again November 14, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
anyone who has played a physical sport knows that age ultimately affects performance

whether that it is strength, stamina, injury recovery time or reflexes to name but 4

it would be unlikely that RW is unaffected by any of the above

most people on here are mentioning this purely because they would hate his career to end with a serious injury
Report impossible123 November 14, 2018 3:52 PM GMT
I think the longer a jockey is out of the saddle from an injury sustained thro' riding the more likely the confidence of the jockey will be affected negatively more so if the jockey is nearing the end of his/her riding career. I think it is high time Walsh retires as he seems to sustain an injury more frequently these days than in the past. It is also taking him longer to recover too which can only mean his body needs more time to get over the injury.
Report layemall November 14, 2018 5:29 PM GMT
If I was lucky enough to be an owner again and had the choice of jockeys to ride my horse, whether a novice or experienced handicapper, then ruby, barry, dickie or davy would be who I would ask the trainer to book, in no particular order of preference either......I would be over the moon if I was certain they would give my horse a ride.....( the key point btw)....none of them have lost their mojo when the chips are down imo.... And in a tight finish I would take these four anyday over the others.....(oooooh, there's a cat amongst the pigeons Wink).....but what I think all the same.....
Report layemall November 14, 2018 6:18 PM GMT
Apologies, on reflection I missed one out .....I would add Daryl Jacob to those 4......(a classy jockey whose main employers horses always appear to be doing their best imo).....
Report punchestown November 14, 2018 8:52 PM GMT
I think it would be safe to say Ruby would be retired by now if it wasn't for the Mr Blobby horses,the sheer quality in the last few years has been outstanding(Faugheen,Annie Power etc the list is almost endless) and probably the best set of horses he's sat on and it's so late in his career.I'd say either way this will be his last Cheltenham barring injury.
Report layemall November 14, 2018 9:03 PM GMT
Am inclined to agree with you though punchestown.....
Report shlotter November 14, 2018 10:21 PM GMT
Mr Walsh will I feel retire after this years Punchestown festival, following a facile win on one of Mr Mullins' short priced ones to his adoring public giving him the send off he deserves.
Report cloone river November 14, 2018 11:54 PM GMT
MR WALSH AND BARRY WOULD BE RETIRED BY NOW IF NOT FOR A INSTERST IN
Report cloone river November 15, 2018 12:29 AM GMT
PROPERTY.
Report workrider November 15, 2018 9:43 AM GMT
Correct Cloone...
Report MJK November 15, 2018 10:11 AM GMT
Whatever happens we were lucky to see him and Geraghty at their peak. On a different level to anyone when they were.
Report impossible123 November 15, 2018 6:04 PM GMT
Walsh and Geraghty would have retired by now but for the retainers from Ricci and McManus respectively.
Report ima_mazed66 November 15, 2018 6:32 PM GMT
I still saying age is less of an issue for jockeys than in most other sports.
Report shlotter November 20, 2018 11:22 PM GMT
Ahhh just cos Ruby’s form figures can read FUC-OFF/SOD-1-FUC we give him a hard time pmsl
Report sageform November 21, 2018 12:18 PM GMT
There will be rides where experience and "nous" will be more valuable than the balance and quick reactions of youth but many are the opposite. At their peak the best riders have all four qualities.
Report by purpose November 22, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Not all machines your riding.Got to put them into the race with a chance.
Report jimeen November 22, 2018 2:30 PM GMT
Disgraceful effort on mischievous girl , had the race won turning across the top , and took a real cowardly pull at the third last , which put what is a moderate mare on the back foot . Her jumping had been only average throughout so she should have been in front at the second last , which she could have been if Walsh wanted to . She’s not going to get a better opportunity than that you would have thought, so i expect the trainer and owner won’t be too chuffed.
Report MayoMan November 22, 2018 2:53 PM GMT
Agreed Jimeen - really poor decisions at the crucial moments
Report davethehat November 22, 2018 4:18 PM GMT
Big up Jimeen he's a ferkin liability. Had it in an Acca but was more worried about the ferkin horses abilityTBH lmfao. Way too far back as usual and no excuse whatsoever for that way of riding. Should have been moving 3 out not between the last 2. The horse was actually genuine and responded to his desperation in the end because he knew he'd ferkerd it up AGAIN what a tawAt. Ferk like starting a ruby retire campaign lmao
Report cloone river November 22, 2018 4:40 PM GMT
To win races at thurles you have to be on the pace.The mare that won the race was rated 83 after 14 runs over hurdles.
Report zzzorro November 22, 2018 4:56 PM GMT
Ruby is a top class jockey and will be for a while yet. In the meatime he has to put up with you muppets who have probably never sat on a horse in your life slagging him off.
Report impossible123 November 22, 2018 4:57 PM GMT
Walsh was a good jockey!
Report cloone river November 22, 2018 5:00 PM GMT
Whos slagging him off?
Report by purpose November 22, 2018 11:25 PM GMT
You dont have to be Marlon Brando to know a bad film or Gordon Ramsey to know a bad meal.Take a look at his ride on My Sister Sarah in Fairyhouse last week.
Report ima_mazed66 November 23, 2018 1:01 AM GMT
And you don't have to be a bad jockey to give a horse a bad ride.
Report workrider November 23, 2018 11:36 AM GMT
I was in Thurles yesterday and watched the Mare in the paddock , She looked fine so went and backed her, a few moderate jumps early should have been a warning sign to Ruby, these were a poor bunch and this was surely winnable, sadly this was not going to be the case.
Either his timing is way off or he's not busy were the comments heard after the race. It seems People are now starting to question his role with Paddy on a more regular basis than ever before...
Report xmoneyx November 23, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
test
Report by purpose November 23, 2018 3:23 PM GMT
Never said he was a bad jockey but i thought they were two poor rides..
Report shlotter November 23, 2018 4:17 PM GMT
Ruby’s latest form figures FUC-OFF/U-L0L
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com